Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddie Heath

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    Ah is Julie leaving? I Like JUlie, is it for definate? I won't miss Katie or Deirdre for that matter, quite a lot of women seem to be leaving?
    Yes, Julie is leaving, definitely. But I believe she will be written out in such a way that she could return one day .. hopefully she does

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    Ah is Julie leaving? I Like JUlie, is it for definate? I won't miss Katie or Deirdre for that matter, quite a lot of women seem to be leaving?
    Yes, Julie is leaving, definitely. But I believe she will be written out in such a way that she could return one day .. hopefully she does

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (14-02-2015)

WEll, Deirdre couldn't act for toffee, it's a wonder the viens in her neck did'nt snap with the way she stretched her neck!
    and her crying, it was so false, the character of Deirdre was ok, maybe it was the actress (sorry Anne not meaning to be unkind) playing the part?
    Why don't ythey do what they do with the kids, bring in another actress to play the part of Deidre, if she is so good to be in the street, it'a an Answer, after all, how many Tracys has their been, and no doubt others that have been reinvented!
    What is great about Maddie??? fraid i'm lost therev

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kissinger For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (14-02-2015)

What an unpleasant post (and yes, I'd say the same if Anne Kirkbride was still alive).

We all criticise different styles of acting according to our own tastes but I think personal insults are unnecessary (and since Anne's dead what exactly is the point in being unkind about her?).

Anne played Deirdre for over 40 years I believe. Recasting in her case would be a whole lot different to a child who's barely seen or heard. No true long-term fan would accept a different actor playing Deirdre. It's unthinkable.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 12-02-2015 at 22:12.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-02-2015), mariba (13-02-2015), parkerman (15-02-2015), Perdita (12-02-2015), swmc66 (12-02-2015)

Totally agree, Dazzle, to replace Anne would be an insult to her memory !!!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-02-2015), lizann (13-02-2015), mariba (13-02-2015), parkerman (15-02-2015), swmc66 (12-02-2015), TaintedLove (18-02-2015), tammyy2j (13-02-2015)

I remember it was the Deirdre and Ray storyline that got me interested in coronation street in the first place. She has had some amazing storylines such as the Ken / Mike and the free Deirdre stuff. You may have not seen her then. Over the recent years she has'nt had great storylines ... Too much focus on Tracy, but recently they reinvented Deirdre and i liked that a lot. She had good comic timing and brought a touch of humour back into Corrie. See some old episodes you will know why she is dear to our hearts

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-02-2015), lizann (13-02-2015), mariba (13-02-2015), parkerman (15-02-2015), Perdita (13-02-2015), TaintedLove (18-02-2015)

Deirdre's affair with Mike was the biggest storyline ever for Corrie with record viewers no way could anyone but Anne (RIP) play Deirdre

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-02-2015), lizann (13-02-2015), mariba (13-02-2015), parkerman (15-02-2015), swmc66 (13-02-2015)

The affair with Mike may have been good for viewing, but how many poeple went through some similar like that in real life, and maybe would not have thought Anne was so wonderful.
    some of the comments will not suit everyone, but surely we are allowed to say what we think with moderation, least I chose not to be offensive to her whilst she was alive, and she could not be hurt by the comments, if they were not kind or flatter her ego!
    I know someone who sent her a very kind letter when she had the lump from her neck removed, a very long term fan and she did not have the decency to reply, so maybe she was not deserving of ALL her fans??

I am not alone in my thoughts about her acting, plenty agree! I just dont sit on the fence and pontificate and chastise someone who is not a creep
    As for a true long term fan not wanting any one else to portray her, their are plenty of budding actressess who deserve a chance and very often, fans have to endure what it given to them, whether they like it or not.

The affair with Mike may have been good for viewing, but how many poeple went through some similar like that in real life, and maybe would not have thought Anne was so wonderful.
    some of the comments will not suit everyone, but surely we are allowed to say what we think with moderation, least I chose not to be offensive to her whilst she was alive, and she could not be hurt by the comments, if they were not kind or flatter her ego!
    I know someone who sent her a very kind letter when she had the lump from her neck removed, a very long term fan and she did not have the decency to reply, so maybe she was not deserving of ALL her fans??

I am not alone in my thoughts about her acting, plenty agree! I just dont sit on the fence and pontificate and chastise someone who is not a creep
    As for a true long term fan not wanting any one else to portray her, their are plenty of budding actressess who deserve a chance and very often, fans have to endure what it given to them, whether they like it or not.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kissinger For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (14-02-2015)

OH you do like to judge people for their views, why not stick to what this board is for, judging soaps and the characters etc.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kissinger For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (14-02-2015)

Thread Information