Page 595 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 10831

Thread: Eastenders - Current Episode Discussion - VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EastEnders has been praised by a charity for raising awareness of epilepsy.

In tonight's episode (January 28) of the BBC One soap, Nancy Carter (Maddy Hill) was seen having her first seizure in the park while out walking her dog.

Charity Epilepsy Awareness wrote on its official website about advising the show on making the storyline as realistic as possible.

A spokesperson for the charity said: "It's great that such a high-profile programme like EastEnders is raising awareness of epilepsy.

"It is reassuring to know that the programme makers are committed to representing epilepsy in the right way. They spent lots of time ensuring that the scenes were as true-to-life as possible."
    This is a good example of just how a soap can have an impact on society. A recent poster said otherwise which I took exception to. EE has often been in the forefront of highlighting social issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (28-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    EastEnders has been praised by a charity for raising awareness of epilepsy.

In tonight's episode (January 28) of the BBC One soap, Nancy Carter (Maddy Hill) was seen having her first seizure in the park while out walking her dog.

Charity Epilepsy Awareness wrote on its official website about advising the show on making the storyline as realistic as possible.

A spokesperson for the charity said: "It's great that such a high-profile programme like EastEnders is raising awareness of epilepsy.

"It is reassuring to know that the programme makers are committed to representing epilepsy in the right way. They spent lots of time ensuring that the scenes were as true-to-life as possible."
    This is a good example of just how a soap can have an impact on society. A recent poster said otherwise which I took exception to. EE has often been in the forefront of highlighting social issues.

Question for EE fans - where did Danny and Linda get the money to buy the Vic? I wasn't watching at the time. It seems odd to me that they apparently worked in Linda's mother's bar but somehow had the cash to buy their own pub outright?

I loved the scene between Mick and Shirley where he cried. I wanted more on Deano as he found his number but there may be more to come.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shygirl16 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (30-01-2014), GloriaW (31-01-2014), lizann (30-01-2014), tammyy2j (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Question for EE fans - where did Danny and Linda get the money to buy the Vic? I wasn't watching at the time. It seems odd to me that they apparently worked in Linda's mother's bar but somehow had the cash to buy their own pub outright?
    we were never told he just gave phil the cash and then he owned the pub

mick and shirley scenes are great

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    we were never told he just gave phil the cash and then he owned the pub

mick and shirley scenes are great

yeap great scenes with mick and shirley. we now await aunt babe.

line of the night goes to mick talking to nancy on the sofa:

'have you farted.'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2014)

You can't just put someone's name above a pub as a licensee. You have to apply to the local council and the person concerned has to hold a licensing qualification; for example, a BII Level II examination certificate or a similar accredited qualification such as the EDI NCPLH level 2 qualification. In most cases the police would also have to approve. Does Shirley have any qualifications?

Quote Originally Posted by shygirl16 View Post
    I loved the scene between Mick and Shirley where he cried. I wanted more on Deano as he found his number but there may be more to come.
    Good work by both Danny Dyer and Linda Henry and well written. A soap got it right for a change.
    Interesting to note, also the scene in which Mick tells Linda about how Shirley is feeling. He was clearly in a conflicted postion between his wife and sister and he sat there twirling his wedding band. You don't need a body language expert to point out what that meant. Was it Dyer's choice or the directors I wonder? A subtle but effective touch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by shygirl16 View Post
    Good work by both Danny Dyer and Linda Henry and well written. A soap got it right for a change.
    Interesting to note, also the scene in which Mick tells Linda about how Shirley is feeling. He was clearly in a conflicted postion between his wife and sister and he sat there twirling his wedding band. You don't need a body language expert to point out what that meant. Was it Dyer's choice or the directors I wonder? A subtle but effective touch.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2014)

Thread Information