Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suzanne Shaw joins 'Emmerdale'

Emmerdale star Suzanne Shaw has confirmed that she will be appearing in pantomime this Christmas, taking on the lead role in a production of Cinderella.

The actress, who plays flirtatious Eve Jenson on the ITV1 soap, will take to the stage at the Manchester Opera House throughout December.

According to The Guide, the theatre show will run from December 3 to 31, also featuring Pineapple Dance Studios star Louie Spence in the role of Dandini.

Shaw commented: "I am really excited and looking forward to playing Cinderella in Manchester later in the year. I know it's going to be lots of fun playing alongside Louie Spence."

Shaw recently announced her decision to leave Emmerdale after more than a year with the soap. Her final scenes will air within the next few months.

Yesterday, it was confirmed that EastEnders star Shane Richie will also be appearing in pantomime this year, leading the cast of Aladdin at the Cliffs Pavilion Theatre in Essex.

DS

Suzanne Shaw has revealed that she is expecting a quiet Emmerdale departure for her character Eve Jenson.

Last month, the actress announced that she had decided to leave the ITV1 soap for family reasons.

Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards, Shaw confirmed that Eve is likely to make a quiet exit despite the trouble she has previously caused in the village.

The star explained: "I'd love to come back at some point, maybe in a few years when things are a little bit more settled for us. You never know. I wouldn't want it [to be] too dramatic. Thankfully, they're not killing me off, so I do have the option to come back."

Asked if there could be fresh twists ahead for Eve and Carl King (Tom Lister), she replied: "Maybe not this time round, but maybe the time after if I come back!"

Shaw also confirmed that she films her final Emmerdale scenes on July 1.

Shaw also confirmed that she films her final Emmerdale scenes on July 1.
    Roll on July 1st

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-05-2011), xcarlyx (17-05-2011)

She may film her last scene on 1st July but it could be end of August or into September before she's off the screen

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Not seen so much of her lately anyway, guess she will feature a bit more in the build-up to her exit but we shall cope, I am sure

Emmerdale actress Suzanne Shaw has revealed that she quit the show so she could move back home.

The former Hear'Say star, who joined the ITV1 soap as Eve Jenson in 2010, admitted that she found it hard to settle into her rented Leeds home and thought it was the perfect opportunity to leave when her character's affair with Carl King (Tom Lister) was exposed.

"I had such a massive storyline that once it ended I don't think they knew what to do with Eve," Shaw told the Daily Star Sunday. "At the same time I was feeling more and more unsettled. We still had our family home just outside of London but had rented a place in Leeds.

"My husband J was thinking about not renewing his contract with Radio Aire in Leeds and after weeks of discussing what we wanted I agreed to have a chat with my producers. I realised that I wanted to be based in one place. We'd moved our entire home up to Leeds.

"In my head, I knew I was going back at some point because we still had our house in Buckinghamshire and I couldn't settle. I really wanted my son to be based in one place and realised we needed to go back home."

She met with Emmerdale producers and they all agreed that it was the right time for Eve to leave the village after all the trouble she had caused.

Shaw, who will be starring in a pantomime production of Cinderella this Christmas, added that she'd had a "phenomenal time" on the soap and "met amazing people".

SUZANNE SHAW agonised over her decision to quit Emmerdale and hasn’t ruled out a dramatic return.

As soap fans prepare to watch the babe leave the village she admitted the time was right to move her family back home.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily Star Sunday, the former West End and Hear’Say star revealed how she was having trouble settling at her rented home in Leeds.

So when the affair between her scheming character Eve Jenson and wealthy businessman Carl King (Tom Lister) came to a head at Christmas Suzanne found herself thinking more about leaving.

After speaking to her bosses everyone agreed there was little more they could do with minx Eve because most of the village hated her.

Bubbly Suzanne, 29, said: “I had such a massive storyline that once it ended I don’t think they knew what to do with Eve. At the same time I was feeling more and more unsettled. We still had our family home just outside of London but had rented a place in Leeds.

“My husband J was thinking about not renewing his contract with Radio Aire in Leeds and after weeks of discussing what we wanted I agreed to have a chat with my producers.

“I realised that I wanted to be based in one place. We’d moved our entire home up to Leeds.

“In my head, I knew I was going back at some point because we still had our house in Buckinghamshire and I couldn’t settle.

“I kept looking at all the furniture and thinking, ‘I’ve got to pack this all up again’. I really wanted my son to be based in one place and realised we needed to go back home.

“When I sat down with my producers we all agreed that Eve had gone as far as she could go. There was really no coming back from everything that had happened.

“It was a really hard decision to make.

“Emmerdale is such a massive soap, I had a phenomenal time, met amazing people, worked with a very talented cast, crew and producers.”

As we revealed last week mum-of-one Suzanne, who is wed to radio DJ Jason “JK” King, has been getting her teeth into her new company, King And Queen PR, since leaving the hit rural soap.

But having already signed up to appear alongside Louie Spence in panto there’s only one thing on Bury-born Suzanne’s mind – to get Edna Birch (Emmerdale legend Shirley Stelfox) in the audience.

Suzanne, who had a great time posing in the bath for our exclusive photoshoot, added: “It was such an honour to play Edna’s grand-daughter.

“Shirley admitted that she wasn’t that keen on the idea of me playing her grand-daughter because of my pop background. But that all changed as soon as we got to know each other and she actually apologised for ever
    thinking it wouldn’t work out.

“She was one of the first people who I told that I was leaving. It was hard as we’d grown so close and I miss her loads. We still speak all the time and I’m going to make it my mission to get her to our panto.

“It’s not really her thing but it would be great seeing her in the audience.”

Emmerdale fans can watch Suzanne’s departure from the soap on Tuesday.

Former Emmerdale star Suzanne Shaw has reflected on her decision to leave the soap, explaining that she made the right choice by bowing out.

The actress and mother-of-one filmed her final scenes as Eve Jenson earlier this year in order to return to her family home in Buckinghamshire full-time.

Reflecting on her soap exit, Shaw told OK Extra: "That was a massive decision. It was such a fantastic job but you need to know when it's the right time to leave. I'd gone as far as I could with the character. She wasn't liked in the village. She was just a complete man-eater! But we knew our home in Buckinghamshire was where we wanted to be as a family.

"I miss the people more than anything. But apart from that, I feel like it's the right thing."

Discussing the pressures of the job, she continued: "I commuted a lot and that wasn't right for me. I was severely homesick and feeling terribly guilty as a mother. We moved there for the last six months and it was a lot better. But I knew it wasn't a forever place."

Shaw's Emmerdale exit storyline saw Eve leave the village to live in Mexico.

Former Hear'Say star Suzanne Shaw and her DJ husband Jason King are to separate.
    The couple were an item for three years before they announced their engagement in August 2008.
    They wed in in Christchurch, Dorset, in June 2009.
    In a joint statement, the pair said: "We had a wonderful time together and have great memories but constantly working away from each other added a lot of pressure and we have ended up growing apart.
    "We are still friends and will be making sure we still have family time together for our son's sake."
    Suzanne, 30, used to be in a relationship with actor and singer Darren Day.
    He left her on Mother's Day in 2005 only weeks after she had given birth to their son Corey, saying: "I don't do family."
    Jason, 37, is of former JK and Joel fame on Radio 1.

PA

Thread Information