Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Duckworth

Exclamation Terry Duckworth

Coronation Street bosses have announced that Terry Duckworth will be returning to the cobbles in the spring.

Nigel Pivaro has agreed to reprise his role as the Weatherfield villain, who is the wayward son of the late Jack and Vera (Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn) and father of current resident Tommy (Chris Fountain).

When he makes his return, Terry has no idea that Tommy is living on the street. Dramatic scenes are then expected to follow when the reasons for his comeback become clear.

Pivaro commented: "I am elated to be returning to Coronation Street, which as a Salfordian has been part of my life for nearly 50 years - not just as a character in the show, but as a fan long before becoming an actor.

"I have lived with Terry for more years than not now and have come to realise that he exists in the minds of so many people that he is almost real.

"Despite enjoying so many other acting roles and spending the last five years as a journalist writing for a range of newspaper titles and making documentaries with the BBC's Inside Out series, I am always proud to carry Terry with me. Therefore when producer Phil Collinson talked about Terry returning to the Street, it was an offer I did not want to refuse.

"Part of the excitement is that the show has changed so much with so many different characters and set ups - it will present Terry with a completely different landscape to that which he knew before. I am going to enjoy playing Terry rediscovering his roots, the changes that have taken place and his reaction to them.

"It will be strange and a little sad without my old sparring partners, Bill and Liz, with whom I had forged such a strong working and personal relationship - but I relish creating an interesting new rapport with Chris, who plays Terry's son Tommy."

Coronation Street boss Phil Collinson added: "I'm very excited to be welcoming arch villain Terry Duckworth back to Coronation Street. I grew up watching him duck and dive and break his parents' hearts - a deliciously evil performance from Nigel Pivaro.

"This time, though, he'll not only be blighting the life of his son Tommy but the lives of every resident of Coronation Street with a typically audacious scheme."

Terry has made numerous appearances on Coronation Street since his debut in 1983. He was last seen in 2008 on the day of Vera's funeral.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2012), sarah c (02-02-2012), tammyy2j (02-02-2012)

its been a while since his last return, must be running out of money!!

Hopefully it will make Tommy more prominent as at themoment hes not really done a lot and is a bit of a spare part.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

alan45 (02-02-2012), tammyy2j (02-02-2012)

Did he miss Jack's funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Did he miss Jack's funeral?
    Was not allowed to, Jack did not want him there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-02-2012)

Coronation Street star Chris Fountain has expressed his delight over his screen father Terry Duckworth's upcoming return to the soap.

Show bosses today announced that Terry, played by Nigel Pivaro, will be back on screen in the spring - upsetting the lives of the Weatherfield residents.

Fountain, who has been playing Terry's son Tommy for nearly a year, discussed the big news during an appearance on Loose Women today.

"We've literally just found out about it, but we know that he's going to come back and he's going to cause trouble," Fountain explained.

"For me, I'm looking forward to it because it opens up a whole other side of Tommy that I can work with, and that nobody has ever seen before. I think he'll come to realise just what type of dad he's got!"

Fountain continued: "Tommy's been put as this womaniser, but this opens up a whole different side of his character - and it's going to test Tommy and Tina's relationship. To have Terry come back is really exciting."

Meanwhile, Michelle Keegan - who plays Tina - warned that her feisty character will take no nonsense from Terry.

She said: "I think Tina will give him a run for his money!"

Bet he ties up with Whiny Maria.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

According to an article by the Press Association, Terry is only going to be back for a month.Shame if that is true, I would like to see him back long term, especially with Tommy around, so much potential there for cracking storylines

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2012)

Terry can do a lot of damage in a month
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Katy (02-02-2012)

He certinaly can! Theres a lot of people on the street still that will no terry and what he was like before.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Terry can do a lot of damage in a month
    He will, I am sure, but sadly also very predictable

Thread Information