Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley)

Cain and Charity for a rift?

Emmerdale's Emma Atkins reckons Charity Tate and Cain Dingle could be in for some time apart.

The couple have long had a fiery relationship, but are currently living together in some semblance of domestic bliss.

But actress Emma thinks soap bosses are preparing to shake up their union.

She said: "From the way they're hinting, I'm getting the feeling that, as much as they love Cain and Charity they're sending us in slightly different directions for the time being."

Emma went on: "As much as Jeff [Hordley, who plays Cain] and I love working together we appreciate that maybe the audience want to see something else now. Maybe that will create the spark again between them.

"Once you put a couple back together again it can often be the case that domesticity sets in and people say 'We want the Cain and Charity we know best' and that's generally when they're off doing their scams and things."

She also suggested that things could get personal between Charity and businessman Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson), for whom she is doing some work.

"Whether that leads to anything on a more personal level, I'm not sure. But I would say watch this space. The way they're playing it's there's certainly going to be conflict between Cain and Jai, I would imagine, which would be really exciting to play.

"I think Cain and Charity are at their best when they're jealous because there's always something to play for. That thing of 'You're on my territory, you're on my patch' - I think that's the best storyline to play really."

Cool Cain Dingle - Jeff Hordley Interview in the Sun

ACTOR Jeff Hordley might play violent womaniser Cain Dingle on TV soap Emmerdale but at home he's just a pussycat.

So much so that when he tried out a few of his character's screen tricks on his family, they put him firmly in his place.
    Jeff jokes: "I tried Cain's menacing stare with the children once and they just laughed.
    "I think my daughter and son will have the better of me for the rest of their lives. I have little love hearts in my eyes when I see them."
    Jeff reckons he's definitely bottom of the pecking order at home, behind his actress wife Zoe Henry — who plays vet Rhona Goskirk in Emmerdale — his children, Violet, seven, and Stanley, three, and even the dog, Rita.
    He says: "Cain might rule the roost in Emmerdale but not in my house. I'd certainly never dare take home any of his bad temper or irritability — Zoe wouldn't allow it.

Fury ... Debbie stops Cain going for Cameron

"There is a good balance between the two of us but Zoe has got the edge. Blokes like to think they're in charge but Zoe is really the boss.
    "She has said once or twice that I'm probably too nice sometimes and I should have more of an edge to me. But when I'm with my friends I like to keep the equilibrium and the peace. I'm definitely someone who likes a quiet life.
    "I'm nothing like Cain when it comes to women either. I've been with my wife for 17 years and we're extremely happy. We were students together and very young when we met — I was 24 and she was 21 — but I knew pretty quickly she was the one."
    Similarly, while Cain gets his kicks causing trouble, Jeff's own pastimes are much more sedate.
    The family live in a small West Yorkshire village and away from work he's involved with an online radio station, Radiorepublic.net, with fellow actor Graeme Hawley, who played John Stape in Corrie.
    He spends his spare time walking Rita and tending his allotment.

Attack ... Cain confronts Amy in the street

He says: "Nothing beats going over there on a summer's evening after the children have gone to bed.
    "I love it. It's the new rock and roll."
    Jeff joined Emmerdale in 2000 and Zoe followed him two years ago. Over recent months viewers have seen Cain's already vile behaviour escalate out of control.
    He has punched his father, Zak, seduced three women, including 16-year-old Amy, and married Moira, spilt the beans to her husband John so wrecking her marriage and generally made life as miserable as possible for anyone he encounters.
    Now he is finally about to get his comeuppance when he is battered senseless and left for dead by a mystery assailant in two dramatic Emmerdale episodes entitled Judgement Day — on ITV1 on December 8 at 7pm and 8pm. No fewer than six characters are in the frame for the attack.
    Jeff says: "He's the most hated man in soap at the moment and that's great fun to play. In this country we are generally all so polite and Cain isn't. He just speaks his mind.
    "I'm in the character's shoes and I staunchly defend why he is like he is. I can see why he is gunning for Amy.
    She told him she was 19 when they slept together and she was actually 16.
    His ex, Charity, is marrying Jai so he is annoyed with them and I can see why he is angry with his dad, because he won't leave him alone.
    "I've got mates who have had fisticuffs with their dads. I've never done it but it's not uncommon for fathers and sons to be at loggerheads."
    Despite his nasty streak, Cain has proved hugely popular with viewers — girls fancy him and men want to be him. Yet Jeff seems genuinely baffled at his sex symbol appeal.

Hated man ... Cain Dingle is badly beaten

He says: "I have no idea why. He's scruffy and unkind — you just wouldn't. If I was a woman I definitely wouldn't.
    "But perhaps some women are drawn to the danger. He's a bad boy and they want to tame him. But there's no way on earth I'd let my daughter go out with someone like Cain. If she turned up with someone like that — oh dear."
    Jeff, who grew up in Oldham, Lancs, was 23 when he decided he would like to be on the stage. He enrolled to study acting at Manchester Metropolitan University and after graduating in 1997 his first audition was at Emmerdale.
    He says: "I got the job of a paramedic who tried to save Dave Glover who died in a fire. But a week before we were meant to film they pulled the part. I still got my fee but I didn't do the job. Then four years later I joined the show for real."
    Meanwhile his TV debut was in Coronation Street. He recalls: "I was in it twice — as a nightclub owner with Mike Baldwin, then as a really camp theatre director called Wayne. It was a terrible part. It was with Hayley and Roy and the director told me to camp it up. I never want to see it again."
    Jeff took a break from Emmerdale from 2006 to 2009 to spend more time with his young family and pursue more theatre roles.

Happy ... Jeff Hordley with his wife Zoe Henry

But he says: "I expressly asked the producer at the time not to kill me off, because I always knew I would want to return one day.
    "I love the character and the people who work here. Now I'm back I've no plans to go anywhere."
    Despite Jeff's own calm personality, he admits he occasionally can't help playing on Cain's hardman reputation, recently winding up Mark Charnock, who played Zoe's previous on-screen partner Marlon Dingle.
    Jeff recalls: "He was always on set, going, 'Zoe, Zoe,' and putting his arms around her and then saying, 'Sorry Jeff.' But I got my own back.

"There was a scene in the Woolpack and I was at the bar and Marlon and Rhona were together.
    "In the rehearsal Mark walked off and kissed Zoe. I said, 'Whoah, what are you doing?' Zoe kind of cowered a little bit and Mark went beetroot red."
    Gentle Jeff and crazed Cain may be chalk and cheese but it seems being known as the nastiest man in soap does have its uses occasionally.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

southlundon (02-01-2012)

© ITV
    Emmerdale actor Jeff Hordley has revealed that he is fond of his new look.

The star, who plays Cain Dingle in the ITV1 soap, was forced to shave off his hair after his character was attacked and had to have fake stitches applied for hospital scenes.

He told Inside Soap: "My new hair is really working for me! It's no fuss in the shower, and soon it'll have grown out into a crew cut, which I really like.

"I didn't like it when my hair was first shaved off, though. I thought I looked like Sam the Eagle from The Muppet Show - the character with the big eyebrows."

However, Hordley went on to say that he has now been asked to change his hair back to how it was.

"I'm having to grow it all back now anyway, as I'm under strict instructions from the make-up department at Emmerdale," he added.

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has said that he is delighted to have more danger on the way for his character Cain Dingle.

Cain was at the centre of a huge whodunit story last year when he was brutally attacked. His father Zak Dingle was revealed as the culprit two months ago.

Dark clouds could be gathering once again for Cain in the coming weeks as tabloid reports have said that Adam Barton will try to kill him by setting fire to the garage.

© ITV

© WENN

Hordley told TV Times: "I had a fantastic year last year with the 'Who bludgeoned Cain?' story. It dipped in the New Year, but now we'll be seeing repercussions - the shockwaves."

Asked about the rumours of another attempt on Cain's life, the actor replied: "Well, apart from last year there haven't been any before, but somebody in the cast suggested that perhaps they could try and kill Cain off four or five times a year and he can be the cat with nine lives!

"I don't mind, as long as the character doesn't die, because I'm really enjoying it here at the moment."

The 41-year-old, who is married to Emmerdale co-star Zoe Henry, added that he is happy to have a quieter life once the cameras stop rolling.

He said: "After a day playing Cain, I go home and think, 'Thank God I'm really boring'… I'd hate to be Cain Dingle for real."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has predicted that viewers have not seen the last of Cain Dingle's nasty side.

Cain has behaved more calmly in recent months as he continues to recover from his father Zak's brutal attack on him.

Hordley told Soaplife of his character: "He's gone into his shell a bit because of everything that's happened to him over the last year, but I'm sure he'll come out of it and start doing nasty things again.

"I hope so anyway, because it's fun playing a bad lad. But it's also good playing a softer, gentler side - that's probably a bit more like me."

Cain comes to Zak's rescue next week when the unstable pig farmer goes wandering on the moors and ends up in danger. However, Hordley warned that they will not necessarily settle their differences any time soon.

He said: "Cain told Zak and Lisa that while he would always keep up appearances in front of the family, his relationship with them was over because of Zak's attack on him.

"Going up on the moors is a massive thing for him to do, but I'm not 100% sure it will change things. You can't forget something like that."

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

He will make Cameron's life a living misery if he finds out about him and Chas

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

why is he blaming poor lisa she didn't assault him

Quote Originally Posted by communitycare View Post
    why is he blaming poor lisa she didn't assault him
    because she supported Zak and didnt condem him for attacking Cain. She also wanted the fact that it was Zak to be hushed up.

does cain have any effects from his head injury(sickness, fatigue, headaches etc)

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has praised the show's writers for exploring a softer side to his bad boy character Cain Dingle.

The actor, who has played Cain on and off since 2000, appeared on ITV's Loose Women this afternoon (June 14) and revealed that he enjoys his soap role more than ever.

Hordley explained: "When you stay in a show this long, the characters and the writing get better and better, because you have more layers to reveal, and I just think we're doing a great job with the character now.

"Just before I left in 2006, I was kind of a little bit bored of standing behind corners and looking round them! Directors used to say, 'Jeff, it's lurking position five today, please!' You kind of think, 'Okay, I think it's time for a change'.

"I've come back to the show in 2009 and I think the character has changed and evolved. That's thanks to the writers, because they've done a great job."

Last night, viewers saw Cain help Adam Barton to cover up his involvement in a hit and run accident. The two men have a long history of animosity as Adam disapproves of his mum Moira's relationship with Cain.

Discussing the future of the plot, Hordley said: "I think this story is about Cain and Adam coming together. Cain and Adam have been at loggerheads for a while, because he doesn't want Cain to be in the family or be with his mother.

"Cain helps Adam out and they come together. I think you see in tonight's episode that Moira says, 'Okay guys, we are a family - not the same as when John Barton was around, but we are a family with this dodgy guy at the helm! But we're going to work as a unit'."

On Cain and Moira's future, he added: "I think this is serious stuff and I think the writers are going to run with this. I love working with Natalie J Robb, she's amazing. She's special, she really is."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (15-06-2013)

Thread Information