Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Resolution

I have some digital food scales but not people weighing scales, should have made that clearer. I wonder if the chemist has some people scales that I could use or get weighed at the doctors

I've just had a brisk 15min walk around the park, with a less brisk five mins walk there and back, so 25mins in total. I reckon I can do that every day It was really good to get out and see all the autumn colours. Its still warm enough to go out without a coat at the moment.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Perhaps not the best time to start a diet Its my birthday today so that means cake, alcohol and everything else that's bad. Any tips for getting through it without ruining myself?

I was really naughty last night Had a really good day, ate healthily and such. In the evening my housemate brought me some post, which was a box of chocolates from my Granny. I resisted opening them for a few hours then broke and ate one. About half an hour later I ate half the box I just couldn't resist them. Luckily its only a small box and I'm going to do an extra ten mins of walking today, which probably won't do anything but it'll help me conscience.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I have one thing to suggest.. don't look at anything like it is bad or forbidden as it will make you crave it more.. have what you like but in moderation and make sure you are not going over 2000 cals per day.. and never starve yourself if you have over indulged the day before, it makes it worse.. Fall of the diet wagon but get back on next day as a new start and don't think that you have to eat less the next day to make up for your over eating.. that is really bad for you.
    Oh and weight yourself every week. that way you can keep track even after you have lost weight to make sure it is not creeping back on you.. I went from 68KG to 57KG from July last year to December.. I have only put back on 2kg over the past 11 months so I think I am doing well
    Super Mod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Abigail (02-11-2010)

Has anyone ever had any experience with Diet pills? I know they don't work instantly and you have to eat a balanced diet as well as taking the pills, but I just really need to look for alternatives, ever since I've stopped dancing I can feel it all creeping back on my metabolism is definately slowing down much more than I'd like! x

Kirsty, don't waste your money and become ill, I tried them once and they made me ill, you will only lose weight if you use up more calories than you take in, that means eat less calories and/or burn more than you eat. Diet pills only work for those that sell them to line their wallets, not for you to lose weight. Adopt a healthy diet with fresh fruit and vegetables and few sugary drinks and alcohol and you will be ok
    Last edited by Perdita; 02-11-2010 at 21:16.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Abigail (03-11-2010), Kirsty :] (03-11-2010)

Yeahh I know.. I need some motivation, I need to be motivated for myself but right now I'm just not, my confidence has gone back down and my self esteem is on a low once again, it's like a never ending circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    Has anyone ever had any experience with Diet pills? I know they don't work instantly and you have to eat a balanced diet as well as taking the pills, but I just really need to look for alternatives, ever since I've stopped dancing I can feel it all creeping back on my metabolism is definately slowing down much more than I'd like! x
    Kirsty, I tried them all and none of them are worth the money.. like Perdy said, they make you ill... I lost weight cause I was pooing and vomiting so much.
    Super Mod

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Kirsty :] (03-11-2010)

Kirsty take up the dancing again. I play badminton twice a week, and do zumba once a week. The weight is coming of slowly but people are commenting that I'm looking slimmer.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

I can't afford fee's of about £125 a term as well as costumes and uniform and all the rest of it all or a hobby... :/
    I love Zumba, but once a week for an hour just isn't enough for me, I was thinking of looking for some work oit dvds because I like them, I have one but I've done it that much I'm bored of it and know it off by heart now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    I can't afford fee's of about £125 a term as well as costumes and uniform and all the rest of it all or a hobby... :/
    I love Zumba, but once a week for an hour just isn't enough for me, I was thinking of looking for some work oit dvds because I like them, I have one but I've done it that much I'm bored of it and know it off by heart now haha
    Walk.. for the first 12 weeks when I lost the weight I didn't go to gym or use dVD or dance classes.. I walked.. got of the bus a stop earlier, climb stairs instead of using lift.. it makes a difference.. I went back to my dance class cause I love it and it helped to tone me.

recommend my health coach on DS.. it forces you to walk and do "exercise" (I put in quote cause one of them was stand up and sit down 10 times)
    Last edited by Siobhan; 03-11-2010 at 11:58.
    Super Mod

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Thread Information