Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice 2010

The Apprentice 2010

The BBC Trust has said that the 2010 series of The Apprentice may be rescheduled if it clashes with a general election.

Sir Alan Sugar took a seat in the House Of Lords on Monday and has been appointed as enterprise tsar for the government by Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

Critics of the appointment have claimed that Sugar's new post may clash with the BBC's rules on political impartiality.

Trust chairman Sir Michael Lyons has insisted that Sugar's two roles do not breach the broadcaster's editorial guidelines, but admitted that it should operate with "sensitivity" and "must give due consideration to the implications of showing the programmes in the months immediately before a general election".

Conservative MP Jeremy Hunt commented: "It's amazing that the Trust has therefore not explained why licence fee payers should fund a programme hosted by someone who will help formulate, promote, and endorse government policies.

"The trust has disappointingly missed an opportunity to show it has teeth when it comes to enforcing impartiality obligations."

A BBC spokesperson said: "When elections are called or are clearly imminent, we review all of our schedules to ensure that our output is suitable for transmission during that period. If the next general election falls in the first part of 2010, the executive will, of course, bear the Trust's view in mind when it considers when to transmit the next series of The Apprentice."

The Apprentice and the inaugural Junior Apprentice are expected to air in March 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/theappre...scheduled.html

The sixth series of Alan Sugar's The Apprentice has been rescheduled to take place in the summer.

Lord Sugar's show will clash with Channel 4 reality series Big Brother, which traditionally airs in late May or early June, according to The Guardian.

The moves comes after the BBC was criticised for political impartiality by allowing Sugar to continue with the show following his appointment to the House of Lords as an enterprise tsar.

The BBC ruled that Sugar could remain on the reality series, but said that it would reconsider the scheduling if it clashed with the run-up to a general election. The business reality show normally kicks off in March and runs for three months.

Spinoff show Junior Apprentice will also be pushed back.

"The Apprentice and Junior Apprentice have been moved back to the summer in order to avoid having a break in the run of either show should a general election be called," confirmed a BBC spokesperson.

Former restaurateur Yasmina Siadatan triumphed on last year's series, claiming a £100,000-a-year job working for Sugar as her prize.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/theappre...to-summer.html

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (11-11-2009), Hannelene (14-11-2009)

Can't wait for the new series I just hope they have a better mix of contestants next time around!

Katie Price has reportedly put her name forward to make a guest appearance in the next series of The Apprentice.

The reality TV star, who was recently paid £350,000 to reprise her role in ITV1's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!, was allegedly in a conversation with show boss Sir Alan Sugar and Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden.

Price, 31, is quoted by The Sun as saying: "I'm not the brightest but I know how money works."

Holden, 38, is said to have originally asked: "Why don't you hire Katie for one of the tasks next year?"

The 62-year-old businessman then reportedly responded that he thought the former glamour model could be an "asset to the show".

In November, the BBC announced that The Apprentice - as well as its first ever spin-off series Junior Apprentice - had been pushed back to summer 2010 because of May's potential general election.

The move was made following the controversy of Sugar's government appointment as "enterprise tsar".

The sixth series of The Apprentice may be delayed until 2011, say tabloid reports.

Sir Alan Sugar's BBC One reality series was expected to air in the summer after being pushed back in the schedules to avoid a clash with the upcoming general election.

The move came after the BBC was criticised for political partiality by allowing Sugar to continue with the show following his appointment to the House of Lords as an enterprise tsar.

However, according to The Sun, the show's air date may be postponed again if the election result leaves a hung parliament with none of the main parties holding an outright majority.

"The Apprentice lasts for three months so it will prove very hard to find a slot for it this year if there is a hung Parliament," said a source.

It is not known whether new spinoff show Junior Apprentice will also be affected by the alterations.

Dara O'Briain has been confirmed as the new host of The Apprentice: You're Fired.

The comedian landed the role after Adrian Chiles left the BBC for ITV.

"I'm delighted to be stepping into the chair for this," O'Briain said. "As a comedian, I've spent my entire career asking people, 'What do you do for a living?'

"It can't be too much of a stretch to add the words 'now that you know you're not getting this job' at the end of the question."

Meanwhile, BBC Two controller Janice Hadlow said: "I'm thrilled to have Dara on board. His unique style of quick-witted banter is ideally suited to the job of probing the latest casualty of Lord Sugar's infamous firing finger."

The Apprentice is scheduled to return later this year.
    Last edited by Perdita; 11-06-2010 at 16:34.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-06-2010)

He is funny

i think he'll be good. does anyone know when it'll actually be on? last i heard was November 2010 but seems like waaaay too long off!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

So 1st one last night and it was good.. looking forward to see the rest of it... Dan was the right one to be fired and that blonde girl with the glasses is really annoying.. I am on cloud nine as I have double apprentice (Irish one on Monday's, Uk one on Wednesday). UK one is better as Lord Alan is fantastic...

Also watched You're fired with the lovely Dara... so funny
    Super Mod

Really enjoyed last nights episode! Wanted to punch that blonde girl!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (07-10-2010)

Thread Information