Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: House Moves To Sky 1

House Moves To Sky 1

Sky1 has acquired the rights to US medical drama House, it has announced.

The channel has secured the first-run UK TV rights to the fifth series of the drama - starring Hugh Laurie - after completing a deal with NBC Universal International TV Distribution.

The show, which previously aired on Five, will air on Sky1 and Sky1 HD from the summer.

"I'm delighted to be bringing House to Sky1," said the channel's managing director of entertainment, Sophie Turner Laing.

"The series has long entertained fans with its highly original take on a medical procedural drama and wry humour.

"Consistently excellent with a wonderful cast, House is the perfect addition to the channel that delivers the very best US drama to our customers."

Five attributed the loss to having difficulties finding a "suitable slot" for House after the "tremendous performance" of their recent acquisition The Mentalist.

"Five will not be renewing its deal for the next series of House," confirmed a channel spokeswoman. "We have been proud to be associated with the drama, but have taken this difficult decision for commercial and scheduling reasons."

House will continue its second run of repeats in the UK on Hallmark.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (22-04-2009)

Another programme going to be ruined by the amount of adverts and fat cats putting their profits before the viewers. Not everyone has sky or the resources to download programmes and I hate the interurptions of adverts. I know that the adverts generate profits but the tv companies would make more if the programmes advertised products while being aired instead of wasting 15 mins of an hour long drama for comerical breaks.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (22-04-2009)

See this is what sky do they buy all these programes get them moved to the worst channel ever and then do something to mess it up...im sure everyone remember what happened when they bought lost at least half the country lost it. They have no respect for the viewers of these shows at all

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (22-04-2009)

I was furious last year when Sky and Virgin were in contract disagreement no wonder I got in trouble from Virgin for downloading but I can't live without ma 24. When it was first shown on British tv it was on bbc2 then 1 and it was fab as there was no advert and it was so annoying when it went to sky. Channel 5 have to take some of the blame they should never have signed up the Mentalist if they knew it was going to cause scheduling problems.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I agree - I would rather have House on 5 than the Mentalist (it is ok, House is SUPERB).

I never watch show I like live - I Sky + them and skip through the adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Channel 5 have to take some of the blame they should never have signed up the Mentalist if they knew it was going to cause scheduling problems.
    If they'd shown House instead of the Mentalist surely they would have got much more viewers, and therefore more companies wanting to advertise = lots of money for five?
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 23-04-2009 at 13:08.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I think Five's logic was to get a new program that is going to have a growing fan base over the years to come rather than continue to show a program that has been around five years and has got a stable audience.

Probably didn't explain that well but I know what I mean.

like they couldnt put house on another night of the week instead of one of them rubbish steven segal movies each week!

I concur. Of all the cop shows, CSI repeats and three channels (one a dedicated US channel) they can't find a one hour slot once a week?

i can't believe how poorly they have treated one of their strongest peforming shows

Thread Information