Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Goody

My heart really goes out to her. She is being so brave.

I'm torn about the whole Jade thing, i mean obviously my heart goes out to her and her family, she is being incredibly brave, and i do respect her for getting as much for her sons as she can, and i get the fact that she has grown up in front of the camera and wishes to continue that, and I heard Max Clifford this morning on GMTV saying that he actually deals with everything - not Jade, if she wants to do an interview she will, but she isn't doing what she doesn't want too, so he's the one confirming reports etc, but i do think the reporting and stuff should calm down, and just give her a bit of peace - i know the public what to know how she's doing but i dont want to hear about it every 5 seconds.
    There are lots of people going through what she is; cervical cancer and cancer in general - and some are alot more worse off, and i know she is doing it (publicity) for her sons and to raise awareness about it - but i do think its to much, sometimes it seems like she is the only one going through this - when there are actually people a lot worse off than her, i mean she has got a great support system.
    Not having a dig - but they are my views, i do applaud her bravery and do wish her all the best.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layne For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (04-03-2009), Rawnie (02-03-2009)

I wonder if Jade is donating any money she is raising to the cancer charity whose nurses are so dedicated at looking after her? I am sure her boys are financially secure now to set them up in life with a good education etc. so surely there is some cash spare for her carers.

Jade Goody's cancer has spread throughout her body to her brain, it has emerged.

The reality TV star was originally diagnosed with cervical cancer, which then spread to her liver, groin and bowel before being diagnosed as terminal.

Goody underwent surgery last night to fix a blockage following hours of tests at the hospital's oncology unit.

Her publicist Max Clifford told The Sun that if the procedure was successful that it would dramatically improve her quality of life, increase her mobility and allow her to spend time with her children.

A family friend said: "Jade was told while in a hospice at the weekend that the cancer was travelling freely in her blood and had spread to her brain.

"This is, of course, awful but not unexpected. She has already been told the disease is terminal.

"But by understanding how it is travelling in her body, the doctors have a chance of giving her the right medication to control the pain.

"This hasn't shortened her life expectancy, which remains at weeks. But of course it is another extremely painful reminder of what lies ahead."

The friend added that Goody wants to go home but will wait until she has the correct medication to make her condition bearable, because she does not want to upset her children.

lets hope they can make her as comfortable as possible

i think once it goes to the brain thats it....your doomed
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

I know everyone is going on about how she should not just concentrate on the kids etc.. but I am interested in this.. we hear so many people dying of cancer but we don't know what they go through, what the doctors do to make it as easy as possible.. plus this has increased the number of women going for smear tests and it has sparked a free nationwide cervial testing in Ireland...
    Super Mod

That is good news, Siobhan. The problem I can see is that once Jade is no longer in the news, will women forget? Will the free testing cease because women are not making use of it? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    That is good news, Siobhan. The problem I can see is that once Jade is no longer in the news, will women forget? Will the free testing cease because women are not making use of it? I hope not.
    well they cancelled the cancer jabs in Ireland so the free testing is hugely popular now... everyone is going for them cause they are scared what happened to jade will happen to them
    Super Mod

If its in her brain then sadly I don't think Jade will have long, which is very sad. The positive outcome of this terrible disease is that it has encouraged more women to get tested early.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Dying reality TV star Jade Goody's husband Jack Tweed has been found guilty of assaultin21, was found guilty of common assault at Epping Magistrates' Court in Essex.

Tweed, 21, was found guilty of common assault at Epping Magistrates' Court in Essex.

Sky News reporter Alistair Bunkall said: "This verdict is another sorry and sad twist in story involving Jade Goody."

He said Tweed had not been sentenced yet for the incident, which occurred during a taxi journey in the early hours of last year's May bank holiday.

Then Jade's boyfriend, Tweed had boarded the cab with friends after leaving a club in Epping.

The driver, Steven Wilkins requested payment up front, which was company policy, sparking a mid-journey row.

The court heard Tweed refused to pay the fare and "became aggressive, swearing at Mr Wilkins and punching the back of the seat".

Mr Wilkins told the court he was even forced into doing a half turn in the middle of the, fortunately empty, road.

Tweed said he was too drunk to remember what went on, but insisted he would never assault a taxi driver, a claim supported by one of the party on board the taxi.

The judge disagreed with their version of events, siding with Mr Wilkins.

That is all Jade needs at this time of her life

Thread Information