Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roxy Mitchell Slater - Rita Simons

She doesn't really drop them in crisps does she lmao? ? And what's this about Billy having an accident?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    She doesn't really drop them in crisps does she lmao? ? And what's this about Billy having an accident?
    i think either he falls or something falls on his head so roxy puts the letter in the box of crisps and rushes to help him
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    On the 12th of December Roxy gets the paternity test results
    but leaves them in a box of crisps without finding the full result.. mmm wonder who picks that letter up?
    Suzy Branning.. and puts a piece of paper in Sean's Christmas Cracker stating that hes not the father he goes mad and comes to blows with Jack outside the Vic

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xxOShelleyOxx For This Useful Post:

sindydoll (03-12-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by xxOShelleyOxx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    On the 12th of December Roxy gets the paternity test results
    but leaves them in a box of crisps without finding the full result.. mmm wonder who picks that letter up?
    Suzy Branning.. and puts a piece of paper in Sean's Christmas Cracker stating that hes not the father he goes mad and comes to blows with Jack outside the Vic
    wow! i didnt know about that bit im excited now
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

oh it all sounds very exciting

a year on and the christmas storyline still revolves around a slater just like last year lol
    Maisie Mouse

Single mum Roxy Mitchell resorts to desperate measures to win over her sister Ronnie by setting up camp outside her flat in a child’splay tent.

Roxy (Rita Simons, 31) is hell-bent on rekindling her relationship with her icy older sister.

Ronnie (Samantha Janus, 36) has disowned Roxy ever since she discovered she slept with her ex-lover Jack Branning (Scott Maslen, 37).

But after weeks of not talking, Roxy decides enough is enough and makes a huge effort to get a reunion.

Roxy Mitchell will do the dirty on her sister again by jumping back in the sack with her fella Jack Branning.

The brassy blonde (Rita Simons, 30) has already had a one-night stand with the ex-cop (Scott Maslen, 36) resulting in the birth of daughter Amy.

When Ronnie (Sam Janus, 36) found out she disowned her and despite Roxy trying to make up, she blows it all by hopping back into bed with Jack.

Rita said: “With Roxy, there’s always every chance she’ll screw things up.”

Rita Simons (Roxy Mitchell, 'EastEnders') DS Interview

The Mitchells attend Archie's will reading in The Vic during next week's episodes of EastEnders in order to discover who and how much of his estate the late entrepreneur has bequeathed. Still devastated by the loss of her father, Roxy - played by 32-year-old Rita Simons - turns up for closure, while Peggy hopes that her husband has left her the pub. Meanwhile, Archie's ex-wife Glenda and most recent dalliance Janine turn out to see how much he thought they were worth. Here, we chat to Rita about will week, the Christmas twist with Archie and Stacey and whether she thinks Roxy could have killed her father.

What's it been like on set since Larry Lamb's departure?
    "It's been really weird! It's certainly quiet. He's such a big presence, so you know when he's about. He was very, very much a father figure to me - I felt like daddy's little girl. You become so involved with your characters - Sam [Womack] and I think we're sisters and that Larry's our dad! Barbara's going, too, so it's doubly weird. You have to get on with it, though, because cast can come and go very quickly."

As Rita, did you ever think that Archie could be capable of something like that with Stacey?
    "I was shocked at that twist! I realise that Archie's evil but because I'm so close to my own character, I always see the good in Archie and I can't help but feel a little protective. I was completely gobsmacked, it's an awful thing for Archie to have done."

Who do you think killed Archie?
    "I absolutely don't have a clue! There are so many of them and I know what they're like here, they like to pin it on the most unsuspecting person! In fact, I keep thinking it must be me because I'm pretty much the only non-suspect!"

Do you think Roxy could have brought herself to kill her father?
    "In the last few days of his life, Roxy finally snapped and saw him for what he was. Me and Sam were in tears during that scene because Larry was really going for us! Even though she was fuming, though, I still don't think she could do it because after he was dead, she was still saying, 'He's my dad and I could forgive anything'. I just don't think she has it in her."

It's the week of the will reading, how's Roxy feeling?
    "Roxy's just getting on with life for Amy's sake but she's obviously devastated about her dad. Her mother Glenda's turned up, too, so that's doing her head in because Roxy can't stand her. Roxy just doesn't really care about the will reading - she's not materialistic about her dad because she just wants him back. She sits back and watches everyone fight over who'll get her dad's money. Roxy sits back from the rest of the circle - she's only there out of interest."

Does anybody have any idea what Archie's left in his will?
    "Like everyone else, Roxy fears that it'll be Janine who gets the lot. Peggy thinks that it's going to be her who is bequeathed everything but there's this whole debate over whether Archie was still married to Glenda or not - and in turn whether his marriage to Peggy was valid. It's anyone's game. Roxy's so numb though that she's not paying any attention."

How does it feel to finally be exploring the missing part of the family puzzle?
    "What's been great for Sam and I is that we got to do a good couple of years finding ourselves as characters. Then our dad was brought in and now our mum. A lot of people turn up in Walford and have to play out their family history there and then, but we've been lucky to have been able to find out all about our family before they turned up. It was so easy for us to find the emotion behind the story because we've been talking about them for three years. It's been really good to play because it's been the missing link for the Mitchell sisters."

Are you looking forward to the live episode?
    "I wasn't but now I am! I've done so much work on the stage acting and singing, but the minute you're doing your safe, cushty job live on television, you suddenly realise that there's no room for errors. And if you've seen any of the blooper shows, you'll know that we're prone to the giggles. I'm looking forward to when it's over! We know it's looming, so I'd just like to see the script and then I'd be happier. The adrenaline on the night, though, is going to be so up there. Everyone's going to be so excited and nervous."

Rita Simons on Glenda's return to Roxy's life
    Friday, January 8 2010, 06:00 GMT

Ronnie and Roxy's estranged mother Glenda (Glynis Barber) turned up in Walford last night, much to the surprise of the Mitchell sisters - and to Peggy's disdain.

But what does the face behind the youngest Mitchell sister - played by the hilarious Rita Simons - think about her screen mother's arrival? Read on for more!

How much does Glynis Barber look like Sam Womack?!
    "It's crazy, isn't it?! What we've come to realise is that Roxy got all of her genes from Archie and Ronnie got all her genes from Glenda. If you think about it, I look a bit like Larry - hopefully not as tall and manly. Sam has that chiselled look that Glynis has. Ronnie speaks very nicely like Glynis and I talk like Larry because I'm from the same part of London that he's from. A real mummy's girl and a real daddy's girl."

Why's Roxy so wary of her mother?
    "She's a proper daddy's girl and there's probably an element of Archie having twisted the girls' minds against their mother. Also, Roxy was very young when Glenda upped and left, so for any 12-year-old girl whose mother leaves when her sister's pregnant, you're not going to want to have much to do with her when she resurfaces. Ronnie was essentially Roxy's mum, so Roxy doesn't feel like she needs anybody else. Roxy's done okay up to now without her and she just thinks that Glenda has no right vying for her daughters' affections."

Does Roxy give in and start getting to know her? Or is she adamant that she wants nothing to do with her?
    "She's very, very against her for a while but there's a point where Roxy cracks and relents a little. It's not long before Glenda's true colours come out, though, and Roxy's put off. Roxy's constantly looking for any sign of mistrust or dishonesty so she can pounce and say, 'I told you so'. But then you have Ronnie who's lapping around her like a lost little puppy - that makes Roxy feel a bit sick."

Does Roxy see Peggy as more of a mother to her than Glenda?
    "Absolutely. She says that to Glenda, too. As far as Roxy's concerned, Peggy is her mum."

DS

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-01-2010), megan999 (17-01-2010)

So Roxy's the new owner and landlady of The Vic!

Much to Janine's dismay, Archie bequeathed the rest of his £3m estate to his favourite daughter, while Peggy, Janine and Glenda looked on in awe.

Before I launch into my interview with Rita Simons, here's the first picture of her standing proudly behind her bar...

So what does Rita Simons think of her character's new-found fortune? Read on to find out...

What was your reaction when you got told that you were going to become the landlady of The Queen Vic?
    "I wasn't actually told! I picked up a script and I said to myself, 'Oh!' I wasn't hauled up to the office to be told or anything, I just happened across it!"

How did you feel?
    "I actually felt a bit guilty for Auntie Peggy. It's been Barbara's all this time and along I come to steal it from her! I initially felt very uncomfortable with it but the storyline's worked itself out by itself. It was very, very weird at first but I've almost got used to it now. When I think about it, though, it's still unbelievable that it's mine!"

Has Barbara given you any tips on how to be the perfect landlady?
    "I've been watching her for three years since I've been here, so I know all her tips! Even though it's Roxy's pub, it's still Peggy's - she's still in there."

Will you take on the iconic 'Get outta my pub!' catchphrase?
    "I actually say it after the will reading. Janine kicks off because Archie didn't leave her anything and when Peggy goes for her, Roxy holds her back and says, 'Let me'. Roxy then squares up to Janine and says, 'Get outta my pub!'"

Has Roxy had her name put above the door?
    "Yes! As props do here, it just appeared one day. When I inevitably lose the pub, I've told props that I want to take the plaque and put it above my toilet door at home!"

How do you think Roxy will cope as landlady?
    "Terribly. She has the brain of a gnat, doesn't she? She'll make a complete pig's ear of it. She's thick as two planks and as usual, she'll expect everyone to pick up the pieces for her."

Does she plan on making any changes?
    "I believe she is, but whether they'll get very far is another question!"

Will she leave The Vic bust looming over the bar?
    "I've just read a script that she's desperate to get rid of the bust because it was used to kill her dad. Other people have other ideas and it keeps reappearing on the bar!"

She makes a shock sacking during her first week at the helm, doesn't she?
    "Yeah, she sacks Tracey! Jane and I get on so well in real life and we tried our best to make it non-hostile, but the way it's written it just is, so we had to forgive Roxy and realise that she's lost her marbles. That's the only way I could get around those scenes - it's a ridiculous thing that Roxy does. The power just goes to her head."

What's she going to do with her father's £3m estate?
    "I know! Fancy sticking around Walford with that amount of money?! I'm waiting for the script to come down saying that she's peed it all up the wall and she's lost The Vic!"

DS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-01-2010)

Should be fun seeing Roxy lose her marbles over her inheritance (though not much fun for Tracey). Sounds like she'll make a complete mess of running the Vic.

Thread Information