Thread: 'Dr Who' specials to film in America?

'Dr Who' specials to film in America?

Two Doctor Who specials will reportedly be filmed in America in 2009.

The News of the World quotes a BBC insider as saying: "Doctor Who already has a huge following in the States. It’s on the Sci Fi Channel and is watched by millions of people there every week.

"But two specials in America, with a US setting and a US assistant, will take it to another level. David Tennant is already gaining a huge following and this will make him really hot property."

The source added that showrunner Russell T. Davies, who will depart his post before the fifth season in 2010, "is determined to go out with a bang and the specials will be explosive - we’re spending much more money on them than normal".
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I don't think this will happen. There have been so many shows recently who have planned stuff and then canceled it, like EastEnders going to Ibiza. Especially if David Tennant accepts the £1.5 million offer for the 5th series, then they're really going to cut back, I think.

I dunno maybe it good happen. I mean last series didnt they get loads of viewings

The finale definitely did. I thought that would have been because of the amount of returning companions, so they'd have had Rose fans, Donna fans, Martha fans, Torchwood fans, Sarah Jane fans; on top of the people who'd normally watch it.

You never known it might happen, I talk to quite a feew americans who are obsessed with the show

I love Doctor Who, we had the version with Tom baker when i was a child, then PBS stopped showing it. I didn't get to pick it up again until we got satellite. by then the series was on the 9th Doctor (Eccleston). we dont keep up as close as I'd like, but we're not far behind in the episodes

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I just copied and pasted that info and sent it to my son and brother who are die hard Who fans ( in the USA ),, Thanks for posting this,,
    Last edited by JustJodi; 28-08-2008 at 13:05.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinsduckie View Post
    I love Doctor Who, we had the version with Tom baker when i was a child, then PBS stopped showing it. I didn't get to pick it up again until we got satellite. by then the series was on the 9th Doctor (Eccleston). we dont keep up as close as I'd like, but we're not far behind in the episodes
    That is how I got hooked on Dr Who when it was being broadcast on PBS( tom baker ) and went to a few American Dr Who conventions ,, now I am in Europe, I am pretty up to date, when my brother visited us here last year, he got to see a few episodes, and DID NOT LIKE the current Doctor ( oh well )

Thread Information