Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor 2007 - General Discussion

There were better singers at boot camp that got turned down. There has been a lot of week acts in this year's competition but last year was pretty poor as well. The best year was when Shayne Ward won as there was more competition on who was going to win.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    sorry to say.......

but does no one think that all this years finalists are really weak?

Niki - as much as is think she is fab and the true star of the show - she has a niche market and cannot hope to be as sucessful as leona

same difference - once this is over they will rule teh disney channel and be very hip with the tweenies but will not have a major pop career

rhydian - also very niche - will be a big star in musicals not the pop industry

leon - cute but very forgettable

no one really stands out this year apart from rhydiculous
    Lets wait and see whether Leona can sustain her success, most X Factor/Pop Idol etc. finalists/winners have a couple of successful records and then you rarely hear from them again. I agree with your comment on Same Difference though and will be glad, never to hear them or of them again.

Louis: I want botox!

The X Factor judge thinks he needs it next to the other judges

Louis Walsh has decided he needs botox - because the other three X Factor judges have had it.
    'I'm the only person with my own tits and teeth,' says Louis. 'I haven't had anything done yet, but I will - botox probably. I have to start thinking about it because I want to look good next to those three.' One word, miow.

Rhydian: 'I'm straight and a virgin'
    Thursday, December 6 2007, 09:54 GMT

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

X Factor contestant Rhydian Roberts has denied rumours that he is gay and has also confirmed that he is still a virgin.

The singer claimed he has no problem with people assuming he is gay, but added that he is "100%" straight.

He told the Mirror: "If people are assuming that I am gay, or whatever, that is fine.

"They don't know me and I dress quite camp. But I can say categorically that I am 100% straight."

Roberts revealed that his Christian beliefs are the reason behind his decision to not have sex before marriage.

He commented: "That is not saying that I can't have fun with a lady. I love the company of women.

"I have been offered sex, like most men. But if you believe in something you can't compromise. But I am only human and you can fall short. At the moment, my priority is singing.

"I am not a closet Christian. If someone asks me about it, I will talk about it. I do pray on Saturdays but then I pray every day. But what will be will be, it's God's will and that is a great mental attitude to have."

'X Factor' semi-final songlist revealed
    Thursday, December 6 2007, 10:49 GMT

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

The four remaining X Factor hopefuls will each sing twice this week, taking on songs that they have chosen with their mentor. Here are there selections:

Leon Jackson (for Dannii)
    'The Very Thought Of You' (made famous by Bing Crosby)
    'How Sweet It Is to Be Loved By You' (Marvin Gaye)

Rhydian Roberts (Dannii)
    'Bridge Over Troubled Water' (Simon and Garfunkel)
    'You'll Never Walk Alone' (from the musical Carousel)

Same Difference (Simon)
    'Never Had a Dream Come True' (S Club 7)
    'Chain Reaction' (Diana Ross)

Niki Evans (Louis)
    'Songbird' (Fleetwood Mac)
    'One Moment in Time' (Whitney Houston)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-12-2007), Perdita (06-12-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    'X Factor' semi-final songlist revealed
    Thursday, December 6 2007, 10:49 GMT

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

The four remaining X Factor hopefuls will each sing twice this week, taking on songs that they have chosen with their mentor. Here are there selections:

Leon Jackson (for Dannii)
    'The Very Thought Of You' (made famous by Bing Crosby)
    'How Sweet It Is to Be Loved By You' (Marvin Gaye)

Rhydian Roberts (Dannii)
    'Bridge Over Troubled Water' (Simon and Garfunkel)
    'You'll Never Walk Alone' (from the musical Carousel)

Same Difference (Simon)
    'Never Had a Dream Come True' (S Club 7)
    'Chain Reaction' (Diana Ross)

Niki Evans (Louis)
    'Songbird' (Fleetwood Mac)
    'One Moment in Time' (Whitney Houston)
    Ray did brillant last year with "You Never Walk Alone" i hope Rhydian can perform it well its a great tune. I'd like to see Nikki do something different than ballads. I think all four have recorded When You Believe (X Factor Single) anyone know when we will see them perform it?

Ray did brillant last year with "You Never Walk Alone" i hope Rhydian can perform it well its a great tune. I'd like to see Nikki do something different than ballads. I think all four have recorded When You Believe (X Factor Single) anyone know when we will see them perform it?

Must be straight after the winner has been chosen as it is meant to be in with a chance to be Xmas number 1 in the charts.
    Last edited by Perdita; 06-12-2007 at 16:25.

And once again Niki does a ballad or two - getting boring now,.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to no1abbafan For This Useful Post:

Abi (06-12-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan View Post
    And once again Niki does a ballad or two - getting boring now,.
    Niki is good at singing ballads but that's not all she sings. Remember Hot Stuff and All That Jazz?

YAY! Rhydian singing some wicked songs!!! He will blow everyone away with those. Gd Choices!

I'm really annoyed Nikki is still in. Dont get me wrong she can sing. But not to the extent of a winner. She was really good the first couple of weeks and imo her best one was My herat will go on and that was when she peeked. She has gone down hill since then and i dont see her peeking again any time soon. I love Leon too and SD are getting a bit teedious. They can sing but are more musical and recordable.
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

Thread Information