Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Discussion - No Spoilers

I think the US and UK versions are slightly different, the US version sometimes contains parts that aren't in the UK version and vice versa.

They only have an extra 84 pages because they have larger fonts and pictures in. Why can't we have piccys?

Has anybody read any US version of HP?

Exclamation 'Deathly Hallows' Cover art revealed!

The world's most famous wizard is seen lunging over a pile of treasure in the cover of the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series.

Potter's best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, also feature on the children's edition of the book, which was unveiled by publishers Bloomsbury.

The adult version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows shows a pendant embossed with a jewel-encrusted 'S'.

Author JK Rowling's previous six Potter novels have sold 325 million copies.

The writer had always planned seven books, each following the characters for one school year at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Rowling has revealed that two characters die in the final book, prompting bookmakers to take bets on whether Potter could be one of them.

But the text on the book covers gives nothing away.

"Harry has been burdened with a dark, dangerous and seemingly impossible task," reads the back of the adult version.

"He must leave the warmth, safety and companionship of The Burrow and follow without fear the inexorable path laid out for him."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is due to be released on 21 July.

Source: BBCi News

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behemoth For This Useful Post:

Abigail (28-03-2007), Chloe-Elise (29-03-2007)

These are the book covers for the US. Don't think they're as good as the UK ones.

Adult copy

Child's copy
    Last edited by Abigail; 28-03-2007 at 17:25.

Some more pics of the UK covers.

Got a bit of blurb on the kid's copy
    Last edited by Abigail; 28-03-2007 at 17:28.

omg hermy look weird in they drawings!!!

Okey dokey, I'm going to have a go at interpreting these covers. Feel free to correct me

UK adults version has the slytherin locket on it (has an 'S' on the locket the slytherin's green colour). The locket is presumably a horcrux. Can't think of ny other significance than that.

UK children's version with the money kinda reminds me of Gringotts with the gold galleons. Ron has a sword in his hand - Godrick Gryfindor's perhaps? It has a red thing on the bottom of the handle - red is Gryffindor's colour.

Ron seems to be falling back in to the circle thing whilst Hermione and Harry seem to be diving forwards. Harry and Hermione also have cuts on their arms.
    Hang on, just looked at the pic again and there's somebody else there apart from the trio. Look at Harry's right shoulder, there's somebody's hand there. The hand thats holding the sword looks to belong the person that has his hand on Harry's shoulder. Voldermort maybe?

Not quite sure what the pearly white things are at the bottom.

On the back cover is the castle at night with the Whomping Willow and the moon. The castle door is open and a light is shining. Is this tower the place where Dumbledore died?

On the inside of the cover is Harry's patronus, the stag, which means dementors and a circle with a image of a window reflected on it. Is there one or two snakes in the circle? I can't tell. Maybe the snake is Nagini?

US adults version we have Harry and Voldermort in a arched circle thing. Reminds me of the colleseum. Broken wood at the bottom of the picture and torn curtains to either side. Suggests a stage? There also seems to be silouhettes of people, possibly death eaters, around the stone thing. They both seem to be reaching out for the same thing.

US child's version is pretty much a close up of Harry on the adults version.

The US versions are rubbish, they don't give much away.

Jut checked mugglenet again and it says this:
    Bloomsbury also announced today that the UK edition will be 608 pages long. As previously announced, the US version of the book will have 784 pages, making it longer than GOF. However, the UK page count makes DH shorter than the British GOF (which is 636 pages long). We presume this is due to an increased font size for the US version.

Also:
    Arthur Levine, the US Potter editor, spoke this morning on the TODAY show about the American cover:
    "We're seeing Harry in a very interesting situation. Readers will find out exactly what the situation is.
    "When I was reading it, I had both the excitement and the power of the book, and the plot, driving me forward. But I was also feeling a little sad. It's the last time."
    When Levine admitted he "sobbed and sobbed" while reading Deathly Hallows, he was asked the following:
    "That means someone we like dies, doesn't it?"
    "Well, it means it is a very, very emotional book," he responded.
    Last edited by Abigail; 28-03-2007 at 22:00.

Look at this:

You can see a bit of who that weird hand belongs to. It looks like a house elf. Maybe Dobby? Those massive ears suggest it isn't Voldemort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Look at this:

You can see a bit of who that weird hand belongs to. It looks like a house elf. Maybe Dobby? Those massive ears suggest it isn't Voldemort.
    yeah thats deffo dobby can see his wee ears

I am getting so excited for this book now. I'm going to start reading the first one again tonight and then hopefully reach the end of the sixth one before the seventh one is released!

Thread Information