PDA

View Full Version : X Factor 2009

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chris_2k11
29-08-2009, 20:14
Crap just like last week!

GossipGirl
29-08-2009, 20:15
Missed it as I just turned on to ITV and noticed that I missed out on the show :(

So I didn't miss much?

Chris_2k11
29-08-2009, 20:22
Missed it as I just turned on to ITV and noticed that I missed out on the show :(

So I didn't miss much?
Well I didn't think much of anyone again, plus they let some dreadful people through and I still dont like the audience being there.

it'll be repeated on itv2 later btw.

LostVoodoo
29-08-2009, 20:27
Well I didn't think much of anyone again, plus they let some dreadful people through and I still dont like the audience being there.

ditto, they let some really mediocre people through just so they could have about 2 mins of 'ooh judges diagreeing' footage...:rolleyes:

tammyy2j
30-08-2009, 10:19
The Stunners :rotfl: terrible

lizann
30-08-2009, 11:10
That guy that his brother died was good but not great and how lucky his brother's kid ran onto the stage - i'm so sick of the sob stories :angry:

The girl from Tobego was the best last night

Bryan
30-08-2009, 14:03
i loved The Sex Is On Fire bloke! and the girl from Tobego!

Katy
30-08-2009, 15:35
I agree Bry, those two were the best.

I sont lke the audience either, some of the girls they let through in particular were awful, Simon was right and the other three isnored him.

DaVeyWaVey
30-08-2009, 16:00
I love Misfits and the arrangement they did on 'Toxic'. A brilliant sound. Really hope they get past boot camp as they are a bit different to all the other girl bands we've seen before.

Also liked the guy that did Sex on Fire.

Why on earth didn't the family stop the Stunners from entering? They made fools of themselves!

Siobhan
30-08-2009, 20:39
the Misfits were brilliant... that version of Toxic was brilliant... love the last guy too

did you see the guy on the Xtra factor who had the erection hahahahaha

Chris_2k11
30-08-2009, 21:41
Sex On Fire bloke - good performer but average voice imo.

GossipGirl
31-08-2009, 12:00
The girl from Tobago was good :)

GossipGirl
31-08-2009, 13:06
Does everyone remember Emma Chawner?
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7209/newsitvxfactoremmachawn.jpg
The young girl who attempted to win the judges over this time around with her sister Samantha. Well it seems that something could be coming her way. I just read this:

X Factor reject Emma Chawner may have a shot a success after all.

The 'singer' who has failed three times to win over the judges, has reportedly been given her own reality TV show.

Lorraine Kelly's Big Slim: The Chawner Challenge will see Emma, 19, who weighs 17 stone, lose weight along with the rest of her family.

The series will air next year and over the course of the six-parter, we'll see her parents, Peter and Audrey, and sister Samantha try and shed the pounds.

The portly four weigh over an incredible 80 stone combined. A diet of crisps, fizzy drinks, biscuits and daytime TV haven't helped their cause and the hope is that top experts will be able to assist their fat-fighting mission.

Earlier this year the family were slated in the press for claiming they couldn't work because of their weight, whilst claiming thousands in benefits.

But change could be afoot, as now the family are desperate for a new look and no longer want to be called names when they walk down the street.

Over a period of five months, they'll be kept motivated by Lorraine, whipped into shape by personal trainer to Coleen Rooney and um, Natalie Cassidy, given a makeover by GMTV's Mark Heyes, nutritional advice by Elizabeth Gibaud, and getting new toothy smiles by top Harley Street dentist Mark Hughes.

Paul Stead, a production exec for Daisybeck who'll be making the show said: "We've designed a format that allows them to meet some of the best experts in the country to give them an opportunity to really change the way they live and how they feel about themselves."

Abbie
01-09-2009, 23:27
Youve got to be kidding! I mean its good that they are going to get better diets and stuff, but a show? really?

Siobhan
02-09-2009, 09:51
Youve got to be kidding! I mean its good that they are going to get better diets and stuff, but a show? really?

I was thinking the same abbie.. so nowadays all you have to do is have 3 failed attempt on Xfactor, whinge that it is everyone's fault but your own that you are obese and unemployed and you get a tv show.. what sort of message does this sound out to famous wannabes?

GossipGirl
02-09-2009, 19:57

I wondered the same thing I couldn't believe it!

GossipGirl
02-09-2009, 19:58

I was thinking the same abbie.. so nowadays all you have to do is have 3 failed attempt on Xfactor, whinge that it is everyone's fault but your own that you are obese and unemployed and you get a tv show.. what sort of message does this sound out to famous wannabes?

That even though your lacking talent you can still be famous?

Abbie
04-09-2009, 15:46
Can we have the spoilers somewhere else please!

Siobhan
04-09-2009, 16:35
Note to everyone: if it hasn't been on the show , please use the spoiler tags

Chloe O'brien
05-09-2009, 00:21
Didn't some diet or health expert try and help her family the last time they were on the xfactor.

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 07:49
I think so I remember reading something about it in the paper as there were many articles on the family when they first appeared.

Chris_2k11
05-09-2009, 10:25
I hope tonights is a better episode

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 10:38
It has to get better it can't get any worse

Abbie
05-09-2009, 12:29
It wasnt that bad last week, I thought it was gonna be awful afer reading the stuff on here

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 12:32
I thought the show wasn't exciting as the first week but isn't that what usually happens the auditions are sometimes fun to watch and then some weeks not. It isn't always weekly entertainment sometimes it is bad

Abbie
05-09-2009, 12:34
I liked that group that came on

It is true, we havent seen many groups yet

GossipGirl
05-09-2009, 16:03
maybe tonight we will?

Abbie
05-09-2009, 18:13
Hopefully

I like groups :D

Chris_2k11
05-09-2009, 18:19
yeah i'd really like a group to win this year for a change. a girlband though, I dont like boybands.

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 18:21
I would just want someone that could sing, perform well to win and have a down to earth kind of personality to win, maybe someone or a group around 25 :)

Bryan
05-09-2009, 18:25
my favourites so far:

YouTube - Rozelle Phillips X Factor Audition HD Aditions 2 2009

and

YouTube - Jamie Afro Archer interview singing Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon HD X Factor youtube

and

YouTube - Stacey - Singer - The X Factor 2009 UK (HD) HQ What a wonderful world

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 18:29
I :heart: stacey- she had a voice like I have never heard or expected her to have she has to be a finalist

Chris_2k11
05-09-2009, 18:33
the only ones i kinda like are the misfits girls and thats it!

Bryan
05-09-2009, 18:40
it's gonna take a lot to beat last years line up. there was such a high standard of talent in most of the final 12 last year.

Chris_2k11
05-09-2009, 18:42
we shall see what tonight has to offer.

Abbie
05-09-2009, 19:09
Theres probably some good people that they havent showed us

tammyy2j
05-09-2009, 19:52
I think Danyl will win or at least be in the final

That Tom fella tonight looked like a woman :lol:

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 19:54
lol yes he did!

tammyy2j
05-09-2009, 20:01
That girl Lucy was amazing

Hannelene
05-09-2009, 22:00
Lucy was good I liked her a lot :)

The French man was just odd but funny

Chris_2k11
06-09-2009, 00:03
Better episode than last week definitely

I liked the Lucy girl

Abigail
06-09-2009, 14:21
I love Jamie and his version of sex on fire. Hope he makes it to the final 12

DaVeyWaVey
06-09-2009, 14:37
Lucy and Misfits are my favourite acts so far, out of all the people we've seen.

Lloyd will be another Eoghan.. nice enough guy, but average voice. He only got another chance to sing another song because he fits the popstar image.

sindydoll
06-09-2009, 14:39
the girl who sang the whitney song 'i will always love you' was amazing but you have to have a amazing voice to sing that song in the first place

Bryan
06-09-2009, 16:10
X Factor contestants Kirsty Weightman and Jack Stuckey ended their relationship two hours after Simon Cowell convinced the ex-lovers to get back together.

According to the Sunday Mirror, the pair started fighting as soon as they got home and Weightman discovered that Stuckey was seeing another woman.

Weightman said: "When we went home together to have a chat about things we were back to our old ways and started arguing almost straight away.

“Later I found out he'd already asked out my best friend and was also seeing a girl in Tesco's. I called him a pr*ck and kicked him out. The thing is I really do love Jack. We were engaged and planning to get married in April 2013. So it seems a bit of an insult only a few months after we were planning the rest of our lives together he's with another girl."

Meanwhile, Stuckey revealed that he didn't want to ask Weightman out again, saying: "I didn't want to ask Kirsty out, I just wanted to get off stage as fast as possible. But the judges and audience were telling me to do it. I felt pressurised. I love Kirsty as a friend but we're not meant to be together. The minute we walked off stage we were at each other’s throats."

He added: "I didn't cheat on Kirsty. I’m not that sort of bloke. I started dating Claire after we split up."

The duo, selling themselves as Combined Effort, sang one verse of 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' in front of the judges before Stuckey broke down. They did not get through to the next round.

LOL! :lol:

DaVeyWaVey
06-09-2009, 16:24
Aww that's such a shame :( I thought they were both really sweet.

Abbie
06-09-2009, 20:47
:lol:

Awww what a shame, after all that build up it was so sweet

Hannelene
06-09-2009, 22:26
I felt it was all a little staged :(

Katy
06-09-2009, 23:09
theyve had there five minutes of fame now!

I still dont like the new format. There are some shocking auditions.

Perdita
07-09-2009, 17:19
I preferred auditions with just the judges, don't like them in front of an audience. I suppose though the contestants know what it is like to perform in front of an audience so if they can cut it then, it should be easier for them at the later stages. But are the judges influenced by the audience reaction? :hmm:

*-Rooney-*
12-09-2009, 19:13
Ah poor jazz is camera shy lol,

Hannelene
12-09-2009, 19:27
Jazz was so cute...........

lizann
12-09-2009, 19:28
Go Ricky Go Ricky

Hannelene
12-09-2009, 19:30
I liked the Simply red song the lady attempted to sing it's a shame her voice wasn't strong enough to carry the song

*-Rooney-*
12-09-2009, 20:36
Next week is the last 2 audition shows, well I hope the bands improve greatly or we will only need 3 judges this year lol - guys, girls and over 25

Hannelene
12-09-2009, 20:44
Where are the bands?

Chris_2k11
13-09-2009, 20:49
I only caught bits of last night, will have to catch up.

sindydoll
14-09-2009, 08:35
Rikki Loney was fantastic wasnt he, he will be more geared up this year

Perdita
18-09-2009, 08:55
Robbie Williams has confirmed that he will appear on The X Factor in his first UK performance since 2006.

The former Take That star will perform the world exclusive of comeback single 'Bodies' on the programme, his official website reports.

Williams said: "I'm a huge fan of The X Factor. Of course I'll be watching every week, just like everyone else."

Meanwhile, the singer is said to be very impressed with one auditionee who has already appeared on this year's series.

According to The Sun, Williams said: "There's this one guy on The X Factor who is amazing. I think he could take my place. I've got my eye on him. He's dead."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a177939/williams-confirms-x-factor-appearance.html

Perdita
18-09-2009, 11:55
Dame Shirley Bassey will reportedly perform and mentor contestants on this year's X Factor.

According to The Sun, the 72-year-old veteran will be one of the star guests on the show.

Robbie Williams has already confirmed that he will appear on the programme for the first time to perform his comeback track 'Bodies'. Former series winners Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke are also expected to return to promote their respective singles.

Meanwhile, Madonna, Rihanna and Whitney Houston are further rumoured to be on the ITV1 producers' wishlist.

Bassey's estranged granddaughter Tatjana Novak-Kimsey auditioned for this year's talent show.

However, the 17-year-old apparently failed to impress the judges with her rendition of Faith Hill's 'There You'll Be'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a177958/bassey-lined-up-for-x-factor-guest-spot.html

DaVeyWaVey
18-09-2009, 19:37
The rumoured final 12 with mentors:

Boys (Cheryl):
Lloyd
Ricki
Joe

Girls (Dannii):
Rachel Adedji (Still To Be Shown)
Stacey Soloman
Lucie

Groups (Louis):
Kandy Rain (Still To Be Shown)
John And Edward
F.R.A.N.K (3 Piece Girl Group Made Up Of Soloists At BC)

Overs (Simon):
Jamie Afro
Danyl Johnson
Olly

This was taken from DS forums, how reliable it is I don't know..

Abbie
18-09-2009, 23:01
Last of the auditons this weekend! they really have cut down on them

hotleggs
18-09-2009, 23:13
welll i dont care who they show as long as they show simon :)

angel_eyes87
18-09-2009, 23:15
Is it me or does

Louis always get the groups.

Abbie
18-09-2009, 23:16
Yep he does bless him lol!

Hes been so funny this year

angel_eyes87
18-09-2009, 23:18
Alls I can say is I hope

Louis doesn't pick girl bands, as he cannot manage them to save his lief, even Cheryl pointed that out to him last season:lol:

Chloe O'brien
19-09-2009, 00:50
I don't care who gets who. I'm going to be watcing SCD.

Hannelene
19-09-2009, 10:15
I will try to watch X factor will be hard with SCD being on at the same time

*-Rooney-*
19-09-2009, 12:20
i dont watch SCD so dont really care that they over lap, but for those who do u gotta love iplayer and stv.tv and they get repeated

lizann
20-09-2009, 00:12
That American guy who sang Use Somebody was very hot but he butchered the song imo and he got through :confused:

Chloe O'brien
20-09-2009, 00:56
i dont watch SCD so dont really care that they over lap, but for those who do u gotta love iplayer and stv.tv and they get repeated

Rooney come on over to the bbc and watch Brucie and Tess. you'll love it.

Chris_2k11
20-09-2009, 23:29
I cant believe the auditions are over already, it doesnt feel like its been that long to me

sindydoll
21-09-2009, 08:40
I cant believe the auditions are over already, it doesnt feel like its been that long to me
i know! its gone so quick

Siobhan
21-09-2009, 09:47
that guy Daniel from one true voice is totally amazing.. he sang one of my fav songs perfect!! Love him!!

Perdita
21-09-2009, 12:25
X Factor producers are worried about rumoured X-rated online videos featuring girlband Kandy Rain, according to tabloid reports.

A video of singer Vicky Lloyd has surfaced online featuring her taking her off her bikini in the shower before "caressing her breasts and frolicking seductively", claims The Sun.

ITV1 bosses are apparently concerned that further leaked videos featuring the girls may upset families watching the show.

Lloyd, Azi Jegbefume, Khatereh Dovani and Chemmane Applewhaite met while working at the adult club Secrets in London.

The four-piece girlband were one of the final acts to make it through to boot camp at the weekend and have been tipped to make the final 12. Their performance of The Pussycat Dolls's 'Don't Cha' got the approval of all four judges.

"The girls no longer work as lapdancers now they're in the show," said an ITV spokesperson.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a178322/itv-concerned-over-kandy-rain-videos.html

I think even Cheryl commented on their outfits at the auditions and told them that they don't need to dress as provocatively as they had

*-Rooney-*
21-09-2009, 12:29

Rooney come on over to the bbc and watch Brucie and Tess. you'll love it.

thanks for the invite lol but im just not a fan of dancing shows, although i did love dancing on ice but ithink it was because it was on ice that made it all the better

sindydoll
24-09-2009, 12:52
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2652361/X-Factor-wannabe-Amie-Buck-strips-for-500-a-week.html :eek:

lizann
24-09-2009, 19:32
Boys mentored by Cheryl
Lloyd Daniels
Rikki Loney
Joe McElderry

Girls mentored by Dannii (assisted by KYLIE!!!)
Stacey Soloman
Lucie Jones
Rachel Adedeji

Groups mentored by Louis (assisted by Ronan Keating)
John And Edward Grimes
Kandy Rain
Miss F.R.A.N.K (a new three piece girl band made up of three solo
bootcampers. Shar Alexander, Shanice Davis & Graziella Affinita)

Over 25s mentored by Simon (assisted by Sinitta)
Olly Murs
Danyl Johnson
Jamie Afro

Siobhan
25-09-2009, 10:32
ok like Olly murs, Rikki loney, and Danyl is through too.. Not fond of Kandy rain would have thought Miss Fitz were better..
Can't believe Louis took those two irish muppets.. they will be out first show.. .I was ashamed to be Irish when I saw there auditon

all the rest are good choices

Perdita
25-09-2009, 11:48
X Factor producers have dismissed claims that the names of the show's finalists have leaked.

Show bosses spoke out following an email campaign which appeared to reveal which acts will be competing in the live episodes this year.

Fans of the ITV1 talent search still have over a week to wait before the identities of the final 12 are officially announced. Viewers will see the contestants whittled down at boot camp this weekend before the judges' houses stage airs a week later.

The email in question claimed to have insider knowledge of the hit programme and went on to name 12 acts as this year's finalists.

However, a spokesperson for the show has now insisted that the rumoured lineup is a hoax.

The representative told the Evening Herald: "This email has been copied and pasted from a fans' forum which speculates over who has made it to the final 12.

"There is no leak and we're quite happy that's where it came from. Fans of the show have been discussing it for some time."

The X Factor continues tomorrow at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179097/x-factor-bosses-deny-final-12-leak.html

Bryan
27-09-2009, 13:04
well my favourties from last night were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qutG0-TsHKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLu2nChRVY

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eysKm42BZw&feature=player_profilepage

Chris_2k11
27-09-2009, 18:03
The Nicole girl was a bit OTT I thought!

Perdita
28-09-2009, 07:11
The final 24 X Factor contestants have been revealed.

The acts are divided into the Girls, the Boys, the Over 25s and the Groups.

The Groups include girl bands Miss Frank, Kandy Rain, Trucolorz and Project A. De-Tour and brothers John and Edward complete the category.

Meanwhile, Stacey McClean, Despina Pilavakis, Nicole Jackson, Stacey Solomon, Rachel Adedeji and Lucie Jones make up the Girls category.

The Boys are Lloyd Daniels, Ethan Boroian, Rikki Loney, Daniel Fox, Joseph McElderry and Duane Lamonte.

Finally, the Over 25s who made it through are Jamie Archer, Daniel Pearce, Olly Murs, Nicole Lawrence, Treyc Cohen and Danyl Johnson.

The contestants will be shown travelling to the judges' houses on next week's show, where the final 12 hopefuls will be chosen.

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179356/final-24-x-factor-contestants-revealed.html

Perdita
28-09-2009, 07:12
The X Factor judges have found out which categories of hopefuls they will be mentoring.

Simon Cowell was given the Over 25s, and described his contestants as a "really good group of people".

"We're going to be best," he told them. "I wouldn't change this."

Meanwhile, Cheryl Cole was given the Boys, which she admitted she hadn't expected.

"It's a challenge for me," she added later. "I've never worked with boys before. It's exciting really. I think I've got the best category."

Louis Walsh was put in charge of the Groups for the second year in a row and told his acts: "I think the winner of The X Factor could be in this room." He later joked that he "would love to beat Simon".

Finally, Dannii Minogue learnt that she would be in charge of the Girls.

"The girls are great vocalists," she said. "I don't think we've seen the best of them yet."

The contestants will travel to the judges' houses in next week's show where the final 12 acts will be chosen.

The X Factor continues on Saturday at 8pm.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179357/x-factor-judges-given-their-categories.html

Perdita
28-09-2009, 07:13
Kylie Minogue has helped her sister Dannii choose her three acts during the judges' houses segment of this year's X Factor, it has been claimed.

According to the Sunday Mirror, the duo were filmed with the six hopefuls at the five-star Atlantis Palm hotel in Dubai.

A source said: "The girls had a blast in Dubai. Dannii is a professional and takes her job as a judge very seriously, but it was lovely for her to be able to take her sister with her to go through the decision-making process.

"Between them the girls have nearly 40 years experience in the music industry so who better to spot the stars of tomorrow?”

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179298/kylie-minogue-helps-dannii-on-x-factor.html

Perdita
28-09-2009, 07:18
X FACTOR bosses have been forced to wield the axe after one of the show’s 24 finalists broke the rules.

Insiders claimed one of the members of girl group Tru Colourz had fibbed about their age.

Viewers last night saw the London-based trio celebrating getting through to the final 24.

But the wannabes’ hopes of stardom will be dashed as one member is only 15 years old and therefore too young to enter the contest.

X Factor chiefs felt they had no alternative but to boot the group from the hit ITV1 show and mentor Louis Walsh broke the news to the three-piece London group.

Tru Colourz are said to be “devastated” by the decision, which will be shown at the weekend.

They owned up after being confronted by Louis, 56, but vowed to try again.

A show source revealed: “The discrepancy came to light as we were doing paperwork for the acts going through.

“It was clear that one of Tru Colourz had claimed to be 16, but was actually still 15.

“It was just a little white lie because she was so desperate to get on the show, but it has cost them.

“Naturally, they were devastated when Louis asked them about it, but they took it on the chin and admitted straight away what they’d done.

“Louis told them to come back next year.”

Their shock departure gives Harmony Hood, from Coventry, a second crack at fame as they will replaced the disqualified girls.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that show boss Simon Cowell, 49, will mentor the over 25s after taking them to LA.

On finding out which category he had been given, Simon – who will have his ex Sinitta, 42, to help make the decision – said: “This is good news, that is a relief.

“I have a really good feeling about this year.

“This could be a fantastic year for me. I mean them!”

Louis will have Boyzone star Ronan Keating, 32, as his adviser at his house in Lake Como, Italy.

Louis, 56, said: “I’m 100% happy. I will pick three great acts – we could have a winner here.”

Cheryl Cole, 26, will pick her final boys in Marra- kech, Morocco, with Will Young, 30, as her helper.

And Dannii Minogue, 37, will go to Dubai, with sister Kylie, 41, to pick her girls.

The Judges’ Houses episodes will be shown on ITV1 on Saturday and Sunday.

The X Factor won the Saturday-night ratings battle again, attracting 10.1million while BBC1 rival Strictly Come Dancing peaked at 8.7m.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/100877/Gutted-girl-group-member-is-just-15/

Perdita
30-09-2009, 05:59
X FACTOR is launching a marathon TWO-HOUR show as it steps up its ratings war with Strictly Come Dancing.
The move is a blow for BBC1's ballroom hit - which had announced its own epic-length shows in a bid to KO its rival.

The two-hour live X Factor - with judge Cheryl Cole - will run from 8pm on Saturday October 10, to showcase the 12 finalists.

Strictly will air from 7.10pm to 9.15pm.

The dancing contest's first super-episode airs this Saturday, blocking all but the last 15 minutes of the X Factor.

But ITV says its own two-hour episode is designed to lure viewers FED UP by the length of the ad-free BBC1 show.

A source said: "Two hours and fifteen minutes without a break is a sore backside at the least."

Strictly was 1.4 million viewers shy of its rival's 10.1 million haul on Saturday.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2661509/X-Factor-show-extended-to-two-hours.html

Perdita
30-09-2009, 06:12
Susan Boyle is being lined up to sing on X Factor, in her first live British TV appearance since finding worldwide fame.

Earlier this month Su-Bo wowed US viewers when she appeared on the finale of America’s Got Talent. And she is now expected to sing on the X Factor in November, to coincide with the release of her new album I Dreamed A Dream.

A show insider revealed: “It makes perfect sense and will create a big buzz. There are two shows to fill on Saturday and Sunday nights now, so they’re also planning guest appearances from previous winners and runners-up as well as celebrity guests.”

Robbie Williams and Alexandra Burke are expected to perform on the first live shows with Whitney Houston and judge Cheryl Cole, who has a solo single out, appearing the following week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/09/30/susan-boyle-set-to-sing-on-x-factor-115875-21710701/

Perdita
30-09-2009, 12:15
Will Young has confirmed rumours that he will appear at the judges' houses round of The X Factor alongside Cheryl Cole.

The 'Leave Right Now' singer announced the news on his Facebook page earlier today.

"We can now officially confirm that Will Young will indeed be appearing on X Factor this weekend," read the message.

"Will was invited by judge Cheryl Cole to help her choose the final contestants to go through to the live shows. The show was filmed in Marrakesh, Morocco and features Will judging the Boys category with Cheryl."

Young and Cole, who both found fame on reality TV shows, will pick three acts to make the Final 12 from Lloyd Daniels, Ethan Boroian, Rikki Loney, Daniel Fox, Joseph McElderry and Duane Lamonte.

The X Factor continues at 8pm on Saturday on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179824/will-young-confirmed-for-x-factor.html

Perdita
30-09-2009, 12:53
The X Factor live shows are nearly upon us, but we've still got one more round of auditions at the judges' houses before we get down to the nitty-gritty of the Final 12. For the rest of this week, DS will be providing a run-down of the 24 remaining contestants hoping to follow in the footsteps of Leon Jackson, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. First up, it's The Groups, who Louis Walsh is mentoring for the second successive year. Can the Irishman spot another JLS, or even a winner, among this lot?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kandy Rain
The story so far: Despite various lurid tabloid stories about their previous jobs at a certain gentleman's club in London, Kandy Rain have made it through to the Final 24 with relatively little drama. Their performances of Pussycat Dolls' 'Don't Cha' and Oasis' 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' impressed the judges, while their provocative outfits have helped them stick in viewers' memories. The story behind the name? "Kandy - because, you know it's bad for you, but you always want more. Rain - because we're here to leave a lasting impression." Pretty simple, really!
Chances of winning: In the short term, things look bright for the girl group, who seem like a fairly safe bet to make the Final 12. However, Louis's poor track record with girlbands, combined with the general public's lack of enthusiasm for the Groups category, will surely count against them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss Frank
The story so far: Formed at boot camp after being rejected as solo artists, Graziella, Shar and Shaniece united as Miss Frank at the request of the judges. Their performances of 'That's Life' and 'Wishing On A Star' went down well and packed more energy and natural charisma than many groups who have been together for years. What they lack in a traditional X Factor backstory, they make up for in enthusiasm and all three appear dedicated to making the group work.
Chances of winning: Graziella has quite a powerful personality, which may endear or, more likely, turn off the public, while her rapping interludes are unlikely to appeal to the X Factor demographic. It seems unlikely Louis would pick two girls bands, but even if he does, would he risk this edgy trio?

Harmony Hood
The story so far: After their first audition in Birmingham, where they sand Kanye West's 'Love Lockdown', Cheryl Cole described Harmony Hood as "fresh", "original" and claimed that she was "excited" about their potential. However, Ryan, Charlie, Yanique and Abigail's performance of U2's 'With or Without You' at boot camp didn't cut the mustard and it was only the withdrawal of Tru Colourz that allowed them into the Final 24. Like a budget Black Eyed Peas, or Liberty X with better singers, they would be a risky and surprise pick from the typically traditional Louis.
Chances of winning: After making the Final 24 by default, making the Final 12 in itself would be quite an achievement. They are slick and well-styled - check out their 'How Hood Are You' T-shirts - but they are still probably the rank outsiders in this category.

De-Tour
The story so far: Probably the group we know least about, De-Tour could be a surprise package or merely making up the numbers. Duo Paul and Philip have given gravelly vocalled renditions of Kings Of Leon's 'Use Somebody' and Paolo Nutini's 'Last Request' and are not too dissimilar to X Factor 2005 workmen-like rockers Journey South. Louis's apparent passion for rival duo John & Edward is, sadly, likely to count against them.
Chances of winning: If Louis does pick them for his Final 12, they will face stiff competition from The Boys and the Over-25s for female fans' affections. Duos do have a decent record in the competition (Same Difference, Journey South), but it would be quite a shock if these guys ended up triumphing.

Project A
The story so far: The main competition for Kandy Rain, Lauren Green, Amy Burrow, Lucy Graham and Laura Henderson are a group of cheeky girls who formed after working as cheerleaders in Leeds. Their performance of Lady GaGa's 'Let's Dance' in the auditions didn't sound the strongest vocally, but the fact that they could pull off a dance routine and appeared to understand what a girl group should look like, helped them through. Kimberly Walsh has apparently said she's a fan, but unfortunately for the girls her pal Cheryl isn't their mentor.
Chances of winning: We've seen very little of them and the tabloids' fascination with Kandy Rain may have influenced Louis's final decision. If he picks both, the Irish judge risks splitting fans like he did last year with Bad Lashes and Girlband.

John & Edward
The story so far: The most controversial act in the Final 24, hair-raising Dublin duo John & Edward have riled plenty of viewers with their cocky showmanship and unrivalled arrogance. Their versions of the Backstreet Boys' 'As Long As You Love Me' and OneRepublic's 'Apologize' were nothing special, but luckily for them Louis Walsh is the one man in the UK who enjoys their attitude. They certainly know something about performing and making an impact, and they could end up being the biggest story of the series.
Chances of winning: Virtually nil. However, the boys could go further than many suspect. Louis will dedicate plenty of time to the duo and Cowell's passionate dislike for the pair could grant them a McDonald brothers-esque run in the show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a179726/feature-x-factor-final-24-the-groups.html

sindydoll
30-09-2009, 19:20
X Factor judge Cheryl Cole is reportedly plotting an image overhaul after becoming concerned over her co-star Dannii Minogue's growing popularity.
Minogue's style choices and new short hairstyle have been praised in the media since filming for the ITV1 show began in June.
A source said: "Cheryl is surprised by Dannii's new look and how many compliments she's getting from viewers. Everyone keeps saying how fabulous she looks.
"Simon's also made sure she gets more air time after viewers complained (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/xfactor/a128505/x-factor-fans-want-more-dannii-footage.html) that Cheryl was getting all the attention last series."
According to the Daily Star, Cole will now go public with "a whole new image" because she doesn't want to be overshadowed by Dannii in the forthcoming live episodes.
Minogue recently admitted (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/xfactor/a176137/minogue-cowells-clothes-are-boring.html) that the judges' fashion choices have become an "important part of the show".

from ds

what a load of rubbish a twenty something year old would not threat over a 40 year old lol when i was in my 20's a 40 year old was old
even though dannii is absolutely stunning and cheryl has nothing going for her in the looks dept!! but i dont believe this at all

Chris_2k11
30-09-2009, 19:55
Just goes to show how the program has become totally all about the judges. I couldn't care less about Dannii's new haircut etc, I watch the show for the contestants.

sindydoll
30-09-2009, 22:00
Just goes to show how the program has become totally all about the judges. I couldn't care less about Dannii's new haircut etc, I watch the show for the contestants.
its gone daft, they ruin the show

Perdita
01-10-2009, 06:07
THE live shows are still nearly a fortnight away, but The X Factor judges and presenters have already fallen out with Simon Cowell.
Perfectionist Si has BANNED them from doling out audience tickets to showbiz mates.

He wants more "real people" in the crowd. Normally his fellow judges Cheryl Cole, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and presenters Dermot O'Leary and Holly Willoughby are allowed around 30 tickets each.

But Simon has told producers it's too many as it affects the atmosphere. He is fed up of preening celebs turning up just to be seen rather than cheer along the acts.

He's got a point. TV Biz is sick of seeing freeloading wannabes stopping the real fans from getting prized seats at all the top shows.

A no-nonsense email spelling out the new deal - seen by TV Biz - was sent out last night.

It said: "Big apologies for the delay in confirming this year's judge allocations for the live shows.

"On Simon's wishes, to create the right atmosphere the studio is going to be full of a more 'general public' audience and so people's allocations have had to be adjusted accordingly."

The X Factor mob will still get some tickets, but only for Sunday nights.

Saturday nights, when A-list singers like Robbie Williams will perform, will be exclusively for the public.

A show insider said: "This hasn't gone down well as the judges like to dish out tickets to their mates to show off.

"But now they're going to have to be really choosy as they're only getting a few."

TV Biz is sure they'll get over it. Meanwhile, top marks to Simon for at least attempting to keep it real

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2662859/Simon-Cowell-celebrity-ticket-ban-on-X-Factor.html

sindydoll
01-10-2009, 08:48
its down to the minogue sisters this w/e :cheer:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1216442/Team-Minogue-Dannii-gets-little-X-tra-help-big-sister-Kylie-bid-win-X-Factor.html

£1,000 a night hotel :eek: wow some people have all the luck

Perdita
02-10-2009, 18:58
X Factor hopefuls John and Edward show an emotional side during the judges' houses episodes this weekend.

The Dublin-born twins recently admitted that viewers see them as "villains" after they schemed against rival contestant Sian Paley at boot camp. Paley was sent home by the judges following a joint performance with the brothers, who decided to drown her out by singing over her.

In tomorrow night's instalment, the pair break down in tears amid fears that they have failed to impress their mentor Louis Walsh and his guest judge Ronan Keating in Italy.

Edward tells show host Dermot O'Leary: "I don't want to be crying. I just feel like, we go home and then it's just like, 'What the hell? That's it'. Then that's what we're remembered for, that's the end."

Reflecting on their rendition of Backstreet Boys hit 'I Want It That Way', he adds: "I think we meant our best. It could have gone well and it didn't, but it's better just to go for it because it could have gone well."

Meanwhile, John claims that they may bow out of the competition on an "unbelievable bad note" due to their performance.

The X Factor continues tomorrow at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a180227/john--edward-break-down-on-x-factor.html

I take it that they got the boot in boot camp (:lol:), if so, rightly so. They will never win, even if they go through to another round.

Chloe O'brien
02-10-2009, 23:29
Can you imagine if Bevis and Butthead got through to the live shows Simon would rip the sh1t out of them like he did with the McDonald Brothers. I think Dannii may be in with a real chance this year as she has Kylie helping her out and you can't go wrong with a bit of Kylie. If there is any problems with Cheryl and Dannii it will be Cheryl feeling jealous hoping she looks as fab as Dannii when she reaches 40.

Perdita
03-10-2009, 06:08
T gets worse - only ONE of the terrible Grimes twins can sing.

Boyzone man Ronan Keating let the cat out of the bag after having to endure pop irritants John and Edward while judging The X Factor groups with Louis Walsh.

He told TV Biz: "There's something about those guys - they've got the right energy and feel really pop.

"And one of them can sing - I don't know which one but one of them can."

Now TV Biz is not fond of spoilers but we got the impression from the Irishman that we may be seeing more of John/Edward.

We'll find out tomorrow night for sure if they make the final 12.

If they do, you know what to do when it comes to voting for the acts.

BIN THE TWINS!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2666376/Grim-reality-One-cant-sing.html

Perdita
03-10-2009, 06:20
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1217749/Sinitta-strips-palm-leaves--judges-welcome-X-Factor-finalists-homes.html

WTF is she doing? :confused:

Hannelene
03-10-2009, 11:09
Great body :)

But what is she doing? And how is this relevant to a singing contest where you keep your clothes on?

sindydoll
03-10-2009, 11:43
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1217749/Sinitta-strips-palm-leaves--judges-welcome-X-Factor-finalists-homes.html

WTF is she doing? :confused: she's daft! what young lad would want a woman in her 40's greeting then naked :lol: maybe is it was cheryl it would be a differant matter

Perdita
03-10-2009, 11:44
I think any lad will be happy to be greeted by a naked lady :rotfl:

Perdita
03-10-2009, 12:20
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a180115/feature-x-factor-final-24-the-girls.html

Feature: 'X Factor' Final 24 - The Girls

The final group of acts competing for a place in The X Factor live shows are Dannii Minogue's Girls. Dannii and her sister Kylie have the unenviable task of whittling these six hopefuls down to just three, who will be given a once-in-a-lifetime chance to sing to the nation and win a record contract. Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke have proved that female contestants can go all the way and compete with even the hunkiest and cutest guys, so is there potential for another winner among this year's group?

Stacey McClean
The story so far: The story started a long while before X Factor for McClean, who has already achieved pop fame once before as part of S Club Juniors. Determined to make a career as a solo artist now she's all grown up, McClean has only featured briefly at the audition stages (we caught a glimpse of her belting out a version of Christina Aguilera's 'Ain't No Other Man'). However, her experience will surely come in handy when it gets to the nervy judges' houses.
Chances of winning: She certainly has the quality to warrant a place in the Final 12 and unsurprisingly, she looks confident on the big stage. However, whether the public will warm to a contestant who's already had one shot at fame is questionable. There's sure to be criticism from some quarters that she's a ringer and it may hold her back.

Despina Pilavakis
The story so far: We know very little about Cyprus-born Despina apart from the fact that she's got a cracking set of lungs on her. Her version of 'The Weakness In Me' at the auditions stage saw her soar into the boot camp, while her cleverly understated rendition of 'Purple Rain' in the second round was equally impressive. She's an ordinary music student from North London and there's no real 'story' or 'journey' to speak of, so she may need to showcase something special to get the nod from the Minogue sisters.
Chances of winning: We have a hunch that Despina could be one of the unlucky ones and not make the Final 12. X Factor is never just a singing contest and we fear that she may be chopped in favour of more colourful contestants.

Nicole Jackson
The story so far: It's a case of blink and you'll miss it with Nicole. She auditioned last year and made it to boot camp, but second time around she's gone one better. Her versions of 'Think Twice' and 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' have shown that she has a unique jazz-y vocal style, which usually goes down well with the judges. However, we're still to find out whether there's a personality behind the voice.
Chances of winning: It's hard to judge from the brief clips we've been given, but they'd struggle to make a winner's montage with the footage we've had so far. However, there's usually one rogue unknown pick in the Final 12, so she can't be ruled out altogether.

Stacey Solomon
The story so far: Single-mum Stacey from Dagenham, who has the voice of an Angel, should already have this in the bag, right? Well, possibly. Her version of 'What A Wonderful World' was the standout highlight from the auditions thanks to her swift transformation from Big Brother Chantelle lookalike to sweet pop artiste. She wants to win the show to help change the life of her 17-year-old son Zachary, which is probably as decent and honourable a reason as any.
Chances of winning: Alongside Danyl Johnson, she's a clear favourite to win the show. However, Laura White was the hot tip at this stage last year and she exited fairly early in the competition, so nothing is for certain. But one fact is undeniable - Solomon has all the necessary charm for a winner.

Lucie Jones
The story so far: She's from a small village outside of Cardiff - she's mentioned this a few times - and she has "her eyes on the bright lights". She's got the looks and thanks to some training from Charlotte Church's vocal coach Louise Ryan, she can also pull off Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You'. If the judges' reactions at her first audition are anything to go by, then she should be a sure bet to make the Final 12.
Chances of winning: If she stops going on about the fact that she's from a small town in Wales for more than two minutes, then we can surely expect to see her reaching the final stages of the show. If she can do uptempo tracks as well as she can do ballads, she could well be the best of the Girls this year.

Rachel Adedegi
The story so far: Unfortunately for Rachel, the highlight of her X Factor run so far, for many viewers, was her unfortunate slip when running to greet her mentor Dannii Minogue. However, when it comes to singing, the 18-year-old has proved she's no slouch with impressive versions of 'If I Ain't Got You' and perhaps the most popular X Factor song of 2009, Paulo Nutini's 'Last Request'.
Chances of winning: She's yet another contestant returning after just missing out in 2008, so there's definitely the required hunger for victory. However, she's probably too quirky and noticeably un-X Factor to make it very far in the Final 12. She'll likely be fighting with Stacey, Nicole and Despina for the third Girls slot.

sindydoll
03-10-2009, 14:17
Great body :)

But what is she doing? And how is this relevant to a singing contest where you keep your clothes on?
thats because she's never had kids to wreck it :lol: and got money to keep it good

sindydoll
03-10-2009, 14:35
how long is left on the x factor now?

Perdita
03-10-2009, 14:49
A few more weeks, I think the last bootcamp episodes are on this weekend, then there will be the sing-offs

hippychick215
03-10-2009, 19:40
how long is left on the x factor now?

its the judges houses this week then the live shows start net week an will last til about the week before xmas

lizann
03-10-2009, 22:45
Jamie Afro is by far my fav i really hope he makes it and also Miss Frank are the best band - those Irish twins are terrible they make me ashamed to be Irish

Perdita
04-10-2009, 04:39
Ronan Keating has claimed that X Factor hopefuls John & Edward are like popstars.

However, the singer, who joined Louis Walsh at the judges' houses stage of the competition, explained that only one of the twins can sing.

"There's something about those guys," Keating told The Sun. "They've got the right energy and feel really pop.

"And one of them can sing. I don't know which one, but one of them can."

The duo reportedly broke down in tears at Walsh's house because they feared that they had failed to impress him.

The X Factor continues tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a180304/keating-john--edward-feel-really-pop.html

They have to be sent home, surely, they are awful

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 09:27
Ugh I cant stand them! dunno how they got this far.

Sinita really embarrased herself wearing that leaf thing, what was she playing at :confused:

Bryan
04-10-2009, 10:13
I never knew that Louis Walsh was gay! :eek: My friends told me last night and I was genuinely shocked!

Perdita
04-10-2009, 10:45
I think that might be speculation, it has never been confirmed nor denied.

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 11:10
No he is lol

sindydoll
04-10-2009, 11:56
I never knew that Louis Walsh was gay! :eek: My friends told me last night and I was genuinely shocked! louis is well camp have you never noticed

SarahWakefield
04-10-2009, 17:54
Are the live shows going to be on Saturdays & Sundays?

Perdita
04-10-2009, 18:07
Yes, the live studio shows are every Saturday and Sunday night. Each week the public will vote for their favourite act to stay in the competition after watching their performance in the live Saturday night show. In the Sunday night results show, the two acts with the lowest public vote will sing once again for the Judges, who will vote on who they think should stay in the competition, and who should go.

Perdita
04-10-2009, 18:14
http://www.xfactor-2009.com/participants/

They reckon these are the finalists on that site:

Over 25s mentored by Simon:

Jamie Afro :thumbsup:
Danyl Johnson
Olly Murs

Groups mentored by Louis:

Kandy Rain
John And Edward Grimes :eek: :sick:
Miss F.R.A.N.K ( Renamed group)

Girls mentored by Dannii:

Rachel Adedeji
Stacey Soloman
Lucie Jones

Boys mentored by Cheryl:

Lloyd Daniels
Rikki Loney
Joe McElderry

Have to see whether they are correct.

Abbie
04-10-2009, 18:18
Ugh I cant stand them! dunno how they got this far.

Sinita really embarrased herself wearing that leaf thing, what was she playing at :confused:

:rotfl: that was awful but it was funny cos I cant stand her and she really did make herself look silly!

Abbie
04-10-2009, 18:19
Is there not a seperate thread for spoilers? :(

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 20:34
Them stupid twins are through!!!!

Perdita
04-10-2009, 20:44
They are the Joke Factor instead of the X Factor

Beaney192
04-10-2009, 21:06
i cant believe the twins have got through they cant even sing! :wall:
i really really like stacy, shes has such a good personality hope she wins or the man with the afro (cant remember his name) :lol:

:heart: :love: :heart: :love:

Chris_2k11
04-10-2009, 21:15
hopefully the twins will be voted off straight away :thumbsup: what is Louis thinking

tammyy2j
04-10-2009, 22:13
The final 12 X Factor contestants have been revealed.

The hopefuls, who will perform in live shows from next week, were chosen while at the judges' houses.

The successful girls, picked by Dannii Minogue with the help of her sister Kylie, are 18-year-old Lucie Jones, single mum Stacey Solomon and Rachel Adedeji, who got to bootcamp last year.

On hearing the news, Jones asked Minogue if she was joking before adding that everyone in her village will be proud of her. Adedeji squealed, "Yes!" and hugged Minogue, while Solomon sobbed: "I can't believe it, I didn't think I could do it."

Louis Walsh, who is in charge of the groups, was next to pick his finalists and chose Kandy Rain, twins John & Edward and Miss Frank, who were formed at bootcamp after failing to get through as solo artists.

After hearing the decision, Miss Frank squealed, while John & Edward laughed and hugged Louis. Kandy Rain looked shocked and said that they were "so happy".

Cheryl Cole, who is mentoring the boys, selected 16-year-old Lloyd Daniels, Joseph McElderry and Rikki Loney, who got to the bootcamp stage of the competition last year.

On hearing the news, Loney began to cry and told Cole that he would win the show for her. Daniels grinned: "I can't believe it!" while McElderry exclaimed: "No way! I won't let you down, I promise."

Simon Cowell, looking after the over-25s, decided to put teacher Danyl Johnson, Olly Murs and Jamie Archer, also known as Jamie Afro, through to the live shows.

Johnson dropped to his knees when he heard that he was a finalist, while Murs began to cry and promised: "I'm going to give it everything I've got." Finally, Archer hugged Cowell, and said: "Thank you so much! Tell me you mean it! I can't believe it."

The X Factor live shows begin next Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

Kandy Rain and John&Edward are the worst in the top 12 hopefully they will be eliminated first

Bryan
04-10-2009, 22:34
I cant believe Simon didn't put Nicole through :(

Katy
04-10-2009, 22:37
I think Simon may win this year, with those two lads, if they can keep it up, not really been watching but the impression i get people seem to be upset with putting though the twins.

tammyy2j
04-10-2009, 22:55
Jamie Afro to win he by far the best in the 12 closely followed by Lucie

Chloe O'brien
04-10-2009, 23:04
I think this is Simon's year with Ollie being a dark horse of the competition. What on earth was Louis thinking about putting John and Edward through is he just doing that to wind up Simon. Project A and the guys doing the duet were much better than those two and Kandy Rain.

DaVeyWaVey
04-10-2009, 23:47
Miss Frank are my favourite! Can't believe they've only just got together - they fit together so naturally and are really quirky. In short, they were awesome! My favourite performance from the judges houses.

I'm really surprised a girl from the over 25s didn't go through.

Chloe O'brien
04-10-2009, 23:54
I would have choosen Nicole over Daniel. Daniel is a good singer but I just wish he would sing a song without all the gimmicks. If he gets it wrong in the live shows he out on his ass and I think he will be the first one of Simon's voted off.

Siobhan
05-10-2009, 09:31
Those 2 irish lads are the most pointless act I have ever seen on X factor.. even my kids groan when they come on ... I love Olly!!!

annette_tr9
05-10-2009, 12:22
Jamie Afro to win he by far the best in the 12 closely followed by Lucie

yep jamie afro to win!!

the groups are all awful this year.....poor louis always gets stuck with them doesnt he!?

lizann
05-10-2009, 16:01
BTW who decides what judges gets what category?

I wish the public could vote on that also.

I thought Cheryl was cruel to Daniel Fox who imo was better than her picks Lloyd Daniels, Joseph McElderry and Rikki Loney :angry:

Perdita
06-10-2009, 08:30
Shakira has confirmed that she will perform her new single during the live rounds of this year's X Factor.

The 'Hips Don't Lie' star told You Call The Hits on The Hits Radio that she was looking forward to her appearance on the reality talent show.

Shakira said: "Believe it, believe it because it's true, I'm definitely confirmed. I'm going to be singing, I'm going to be dancing - the whole nine yards!"

Regarding the continued success of her current single 'She Wolf', she added: "I hope I don't drive people mad with the song being played over and over again."

Other acts confirmed to appear on this year's X Factor include ex-Take That singer Robbie Williams and Britain's Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a180654/shakira-im-performing-on-x-factor.html

sindydoll
06-10-2009, 09:28
Those 2 irish lads are the most pointless act I have ever seen on X factor.. even my kids groan when they come on ... I love Olly!!! my daughter likes them she thinks there good looking

Perdita
06-10-2009, 11:49
Louis Walsh has admitted that he is not expecting any of his acts to win The X Factor this year.

The Irish judge claimed that his groups Kandy Rain, Miss Frank and John & Edward do not have a chance of triumphing in the ITV1 talent contest.

Speaking at the Pride of Britain Awards last night, Walsh commented: "I'll get into the final, but I won't win."

Discussing Simon Cowell's Over-25s category, he continued: "He always gets the best ones. They've all been round the block a fair bit. They've all got more experience than mine."

Cowell, who joined Walsh at the ceremony, criticised his co-star for not being more supportive of the bands.

He is quoted by MSN as saying: "They're not exactly going to have bags of confidence after this, are they?

"It's not a question of being spoiled for choice, it's how you prepare your contestants on the day. And I prepare my contestants better than the others."

The first X Factor live show airs on Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a180693/louis-walsh-i-wont-win-x-factor.html

I can see the twins getting quite far as long as the public is voting, like the McDonalds brothers last year or the year before, just to annoy Simon. :D But I think he is right, the girl groups won't win either.

sindydoll
06-10-2009, 12:03
i was watching gmtv yesterday and the reason why simon didnt put nicole through is because simon will want a boy to win this year which is a shame because she is so good but she said she will probably apply next year

Chris_2k11
06-10-2009, 17:43
I didn't want him to put Nicole through anyway, she was far too shouty for my liking.

hippychick215
07-10-2009, 23:09
does anyone know if theres a theme this week on x factor, robbie williams maybe? as he is on the results show on sunday. im so looking forward to saturday and the 1st live show should be good.

Perdita
08-10-2009, 11:23
Whitney Houston is to perform on The X Factor, it has been confirmed.

The singer will make her first UK TV performance in 12 years on the October 18 Sunday results show.

"I have always loved my UK fans and I'm thrilled to perform for them on The X Factor," she said. "I am also a fan of Simon Cowell's and look forward to meeting him. It should be a fun night."

Houston will release I Look To You, her first studio album since 2002, the day after her X Factor performance. The album debuted at number one on the US albums chart last month.

This week's X Factor results show will feature performances from Robbie Williams and Alexandra Burke. Shakira has also confirmed that she will perform on the ITV1 talent show this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a181081/whitney-confirms-x-factor-performance.html

tammyy2j
08-10-2009, 11:43
Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell are at war over their categories.

The Irishman reckons he doesn’t stand a chance of winning the show with his bands.

And he believes Simon has been handed the strongest group in the compet*ition.

“I’ll get into the final but I won’t win,” said Louis, adding that Simon was spoiled for choice as the mentor of the over-25s.

Louis said: “He always gets the best ones.

“They’ve all been round the block a fair bit. They’ve all got more experience than mine.”

But Simon, who turns 50 today, criticised 57-year-old Louis’ attitude about his finalists.

He said: “Oh that’s positive, thanks for taking part.

“They’re not exactly going to have bags of confidence after this, are they?

“It’s not a question of being spoiled for choice, it’s how you prepare your contestants on the day. And I prepare my contestants better than the others.”

But they both agreed that fellow judges Cheryl Cole, 26, and Dannii Minogue, 37, had the “dark horses” in their boys and girls groups.

Among Dannii’s faves is Stacey Solomon, 20, from Essex, but Simon is backing his over-25s including rocker Jamie Archer, 33, alias Jamie Afro.

I was surprised Louis got the groups again this year i think Cheryl or Dannii might have done better with the groups

sindydoll
08-10-2009, 12:49
whitney has confirmed that she will be on the x factor on the 18th october...so looking forward to that :thumbsup:

Siobhan
08-10-2009, 12:56
[quote]

I was surprised Louis got the groups again this year i think Cheryl or Dannii might have done better with the groups

Apparently in the Metro today, his groups spoke out saying it was all a bluff and that if everyone thinks he won't win, it will make a surprise exciting finish to the competition

Perdita
08-10-2009, 18:32
does anyone know if theres a theme this week on x factor, robbie williams maybe? as he is on the results show on sunday. im so looking forward to saturday and the 1st live show should be good.

Lucie Jones has said that the theme of X Factor's Week One performances is "up in the air".

The Welsh singer, who is in Dannii Minogue's Girls category, claimed that plans for the first live show had been alternating during the past week.

"We're not really sure [what the theme is]," Jones told DS. "It's been up in the air. It's been chopped and changed quite a bit."

When asked whether she is concerned about the pressure of being one of the favourites in this year's show, Jones said: "I'm taking it one week at a time. I'm concentrating on this Saturday's show. Then on Sunday morning, I'll be thinking about my survivor song if I'm in the bottom two. I'm not looking at the odds and stuff because I think it would play on my mind so much."

Speaking about her first performance, rival female singer Rachel Adedeji explained: "For the first week, I will probably be dancing because I'm doing quite a big song. So I'll be grooving it up. We're all doing different styles of songs, so some of us will be dancing, some won't."

The X Factor airs on Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a181168/x-factor-week-one-theme-up-in-the-air.html

Sparklet
08-10-2009, 19:28
I think Cheryl should have chosen Ethan.

Abbie
09-10-2009, 20:54
Just been catching up, I really wanted that other Daniel to go through :(

Chloe O'brien
10-10-2009, 00:11
ITV
Tabloid reports have claimed that Simon Cowell may miss the first X Factor live show due to illness.
According to the Daily Star, the judge is currently "laid up at home" and has only been able to keep in contact with his Over-25s group by phone. Cowell is mentoring Jamie Archer, Olly Murs and Danyl Johnson.
If he misses the show, it will be the first time he has been absent from the series in the programme's history. The 50-year-old reportedly came down with flu after holding large birthday celebrations last weekend.
However, according to Cowell's spokesperson and ITV1, he is still expected to take part this weekend. "We are expecting all four judges here on Saturday," said a show source.

Line up girls who wants to play nurse maid to Mr Cowell to help sweat the flu out of him.:wub:

lizann
10-10-2009, 14:38
ITV
Tabloid reports have claimed that Simon Cowell may miss the first X Factor live show due to illness.
According to the Daily Star, the judge is currently "laid up at home" and has only been able to keep in contact with his Over-25s group by phone. Cowell is mentoring Jamie Archer, Olly Murs and Danyl Johnson.
If he misses the show, it will be the first time he has been absent from the series in the programme's history. The 50-year-old reportedly came down with flu after holding large birthday celebrations last weekend.
However, according to Cowell's spokesperson and ITV1, he is still expected to take part this weekend. "We are expecting all four judges here on Saturday," said a show source.

Line up girls who wants to play nurse maid to Mr Cowell to help sweat the flu out of him.:wub:

Sinitta but i doubt she wear enough clothes for a nurse :rolleyes:

So whose is mentoring the over 25s while Simon is sick?

SarahWakefield
10-10-2009, 22:09
Well, I actually thought I'd want the twins off this week, BUT I actually want Lloyd to go. Cheryl made a terrible decision with him. Should've been Ethan.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-10-2009, 22:41
Wow Dannii.. what a b****!! Danyl's performance was honestly totally amazing (the best of the night I would say) and she clearly felt he was a big threat to her girls in order to say something like that! Totally unneccessary and spiteful!! :eek:

Chloe O'brien
10-10-2009, 22:57
What did Dannii mean when she said that to Danyl. I only caught the last 3 acts and I agree with Louis and Cheryl he can be too cocky and it maybe his downfall. He needs to just sing the song without all the gimmicks and drama, but the judges need to keep their comments within reference to the perfomance not what is being said in the papers.

lizann
10-10-2009, 23:06
For me tonight the top performances were Danyl and Miss Frank. I was disappointed with Jamie Afro i think the backing singers and band were heard more than him until the end when he nailed it.

Rikki and Lloyd were disasters and i expected **** twins and kandy rain to be terrible and they were.

Has Louis had some work done to his face? He seemed to have had botox and if i remember correctly didnt he lay into Danni about that.

SarahWakefield
10-10-2009, 23:07
I was wondering myself what on earth was wrong with Louis eyes. He looked so strange.

Bryan
11-10-2009, 01:26
Some great performances tonight. My faves were Danyl and Lloyd, both are gorgeous :wub: :heart:

Chloe O'brien
11-10-2009, 01:31
Some great performances tonight. My faves were Danyl and Lloyd, both are gorgeous :wub: :heart:

Not as good looking as Mr Cowell though. :D

DaVeyWaVey
11-10-2009, 02:17
Danyl was brilliant at the end - he did a great performance. My favourite acts of the night were Miss Frank, Lucie, Joe and Stacey Solomon though - they were all excellent. I think Joe has changed so much in his image - he looks much more mature and grown up now.

Lloyd and John and Edward were both terrible in my opinion and I think one of them should go tomorrow, but I think that will be unlikely. Lloyd's looks will keep him in the show until possibly the final and John and Edward will stay in because Simon made clear how awful he thought they were and how much of a worry that they could both win and the public will thrive on this and keep them in for the comedy value..

DaVeyWaVey
11-10-2009, 02:48
What did Dannii mean when she said that to Danyl. I only caught the last 3 acts and I agree with Louis and Cheryl he can be too cocky and it maybe his downfall. He needs to just sing the song without all the gimmicks and drama, but the judges need to keep their comments within reference to the perfomance not what is being said in the papers.

The lyrics to Danyl's song was changed and Dannii questioned him over why he changed them, referencing to his sexuality. I don't see what the massive problem is but I expect there will be endless complaints from the public as the public like to complain about anything these days. I think what she was trying to say, was that it's more important if he stayed true to himself and not change the lyrics, instead of going all out to impress his potential female fans that would pick up the phone and vote for him.

Danyl outed himself to the News of The World anyway so I don't personally see what the big deal is. It's not like he was completely in the closet. It's no different to one of the judges hinting towards Lloyd's sexuality, saying he'll have a lot of potential females to choose from now he could be a potential popstar for example... so why is it such a big problem that Dannii hints towards Danyl's sexuality? What is so taboo about it?

Hannelene
11-10-2009, 10:01
I wonder what is so taboo about Danyl and is sexuality? What the hell was Dannii attempting to prove? For the first time I started to dislike Dannii as I thought she would never attempt to play silly under the belt games like this one

Bryan
11-10-2009, 11:22
additionally how bad was that Ricki moron!? I'm sorry but i take an immediate dislike to anyone who murders an Amy Winehouse song. If you can't just justice to her amazing songs, dont even attempt to go near them. He iritated me already with his stupid hates and ridiculous eyebrow!!! I want him out, he's as iritating as Leon was in series 4.

DaVeyWaVey
11-10-2009, 14:07
additionally how bad was that Ricki moron!? I'm sorry but i take an immediate dislike to anyone who murders an Amy Winehouse song. If you can't just justice to her amazing songs, dont even attempt to go near them. He iritated me already with his stupid hates and ridiculous eyebrow!!! I want him out, he's as iritating as Leon was in series 4.

Yeah, I didn't think he was very good last night. His styling was awful too. I thought his audition was brilliant though.

Abbie
11-10-2009, 14:51
I dont like Ricki I mean I think hes good just not good enough

tammyy2j
11-10-2009, 18:59
How can Louie call Danyl unlikeable? hello Louie you have the twins - most hated contestants ever :rolleyes:

Miss Frank, Stacey, Lucie, Danyl, Jamie and Olly were all great last night

Joe was wearing way too much makeup

memo to Lloyd below is how you do JT - cry me a river on X Factor show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61WVTq2VXA

megan999
11-10-2009, 19:14
However Dannii meant her comments, it just reflects badly on herself IMO. Stacey Soloman was my fave last night. Kandy Rain or John & Edward to go. Kandy Rain's song choice was poor. I like that song, but they murdered it. John & Edward = annoy the hell out of me :rotfl:

Abbie
11-10-2009, 19:29
Lloyd is rubbish, why was he put through

SarahWakefield
11-10-2009, 21:26
I agree, Lloyd is terrible. He should've gone tonight or those awful twins. They'll end up like The Mcdonald Brothers and be in the competition for weeks on end ...

lizann
11-10-2009, 21:30
Bye Bye Kandy Rain

Abbie
11-10-2009, 21:51
Cant believe the twins are still in

Cheesytoots
11-10-2009, 22:58
Double posted! Sorry!

Cheesytoots
11-10-2009, 22:59
JOE 2 WIN!! I love the twins! Kandy Rain were the right act to go, but Rachel should not have been in the bottom two, it should have been Rikki or Lloyd instead. Imo, Danyl is a really rubbish singer. You can shout me down if you want, it's just my opinion but he shouted his way to the final twelve and last night he sung the song out of key and the end note was verging on painful. Stacey, Lucy, Olly, Miss Frank were all very good, but tbh, I don't get the hype surrounding Jamie, I think Daniel P should have gone through instead. And was it just me, or did the Sunday show feel like something was missing because Louis wasn't there? Anyhoo, mini essay over now lol, these are all my opinions and you probably will hate me for my love of John and Edward! ;-P

Siobhan
12-10-2009, 09:47
arrgghhh!! those 2 idiot twins are still in.. it is going to be like Same Difference.. kept in to annoy Simon.. Love Olly, Danyl, Jamie and Rikki... Kandy rain deserved to go when up against Rachel

Abbie
12-10-2009, 11:05
I was sorta not surprised to see Rachel there cos she was good but not that amazing considering she went first so needed to be remembered more. I do like her I dont see the greatness about her

Perdita
12-10-2009, 13:18
X Factor hosts Dermot O'Leary and Holly Willoughby have been ordered to support controversial contestants John and Edward, a report claims.

According to The Sun, a memo sent by show producers to O'Leary and Willoughby urges them to praise the twins in interviews.

It is thought that the leaked document states that it would "be great to defend John and Edward" against the backlash they have received from viewers in recent weeks.

A source said: "Bosses didn't expect the twins to get such a bad reaction from the public. They want people on their side."

The newspaper also reports that the show's presenters must dismiss rumours of rivalry between Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole by claiming that the female judges "get on and always have".

O'Leary and Willoughby are also said to be under strict instruction to insist that Louis Walsh was only joking when he ruled out his chances of winning this year.

The insider commented: "Even Simon Cowell was annoyed with what Louis said. He made it sound as if he didn't care about his acts. Producers don't want viewers to think that."

The X Factor continues on Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a181630/x-factor-hosts-told-to-support-twins.html

Abbie
12-10-2009, 13:32
Well thats not surprising

SarahWakefield
12-10-2009, 15:57
arrgghhh!! those 2 idiot twins are still in.. it is going to be like Same Difference.. kept in to annoy Simon.. Love Olly, Danyl, Jamie and Rikki... Kandy rain deserved to go when up against Rachel

Werent Same Difference mentored by Simon? :hmm:

DaVeyWaVey
12-10-2009, 16:09
I wasn't surprised to see Kandy Rain go... their image was their downfall and their performance wasn't that great (though it wasn't the worst of the night).

I like a lot of the acts this year - Stacey, Lucie, Rachel, Miss Frank, Jamie and Joe are all getting my support at the moment. Miss Frank are probably my favourite though! They are awesome!

annette_tr9
12-10-2009, 16:10
i think the twins are hilarious.....reckon they are the next "cheeky boys"???

i still want jamie afro to win....he doesnt need to sing, he can just stand there and i would vote for him.

stacey was excellent but i think she needs to be styled better.

Siobhan
12-10-2009, 16:10

Werent Same Difference mentored by Simon? :hmm:

so he was.. but he said this about them: "potentially two of the most annoying people I've ever met". However, Cowell was chosen to represent groups in that year and became Same Difference's mentor,

SarahWakefield
12-10-2009, 16:15
I don't think they were as annoying as these two this year though. I can't bear them. I didn't dislike Same Difference as much as I dislike John & Edward. They were still very annoying though.

Perdita
12-10-2009, 20:20
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a181703/robbie-williams-struck-fan-with-car.html

Robbie Williams was reportedly left shaken after a fan became crushed under his car in a freak accident on Sunday night.

The 'Bodies' singer was leaving the North London set of The X Factor when several fans clustered outside the studio in order to catch a glimpse of the star, The Mirror reports.

However, as Williams's driver attempted to navigate his way out of the car park, one teenage boy was allegedly clipped by the vehicle and dragged under its wheels.

The 34-year-old is believed to have sprang out of the car in tears following the incident. A source said: "Everyone was screaming. It looked really serious."

Police at the scene later revealed that the unnamed boy escaped with minor injuries.

Why is the headline implying that Robbie Williams struck the boy rather than his driver, all rather misleading :angry: Glad that the kid is ok :)

tammyy2j
13-10-2009, 10:44
Robbie looked so strung out when he performed on the results show i thought he was on drugs

lizann
13-10-2009, 15:03
Kandy Rain were the first act to get voted off the first-ever Sunday night results show on The X Factor last night. But not before leaving the judges all square with their appropriately forceful rendition of Christina Aguilera's 'Fighter' in the sing-off. We spoke to Azi Jegbefume, Coco Lloyd, Khatereh Dovani and Chemmane Applewhite about the tabloids, Cheryl & Dannii and those skimpy outfits.

Were you surprised to be in the bottom two on Sunday?
Chemmane: "Yeah, I think we were quite gutted and quite surprised. We thought we gave a very good performance and we didn't think we deserved to be in the bottom two."
Azi: "We gave it our all in our performance on Saturday. We're not blowing our own trumpets, but we honestly felt that we were one of the stronger acts. But we weren't shocked to be in the bottom two because we had a feeling that people were going to judge us on our past and not on our performance."

Do you think the tabloid reports played a big part in your exit?
Coco: "I think that yeah, it did. The public didn't really get to know us as people, the press focused on the stripping - which was silly, because they shouldn't have been focusing on our past. I think that if people actually got to know the real us - we're actually quite funny girls! - then they would have warmed to us and people would have voted for us. But we're really proud of ourselves. They were the best performances we've ever done and we're really proud to have gotten this far."

Do you think the comments from Dannii and Cheryl affected the public vote?
Azi: "We really respect those two, we really do, I feel that they bring a lot to the industry. But at the same time we didn't agree with it. We feel that they should have really judged us on our performance, on everything as a whole. At the end of the day we're Kandy Rain. We're not going to wear things you'd wear walking down the street. We were in costume and that's what Kandy Rain's all about."

Given their own outfits on occasion, do you think they were being hypocritical?
Azi: "The only thing that I felt was a bit hypocritical was when Cheryl said that we're not an established act. But I thought that was the whole point of X Factor: go on X Factor and show the public what you want to be, what you hope to be, and that's what we did. We don't want to be like other girl groups, we want to be in costume. We want to be fun, we want to bring back the old girl power. I felt that Cheryl didn't understand that."

Did you have input into the outfits or did Louis and the stylists make all the decisions
Chemmane: "Our stylist, Faye [Sawyer], that woman is absolutely amazing. She totally got us, she totally got Kandy Rain, and she totally got what image we wanted to go for. It's 2009 - look at the TV and all of the music videos. What we were wearing was similar to what you see at the moment, like Lady GaGa. We want to be putting on a show. We loved our outfits."

How do you think you would have done if you sung 'Fighter' on Saturday rather than as your survival song?
Khatereh: "I think that 'Addicted To Love' was the best song choice for the Saturday night. I think we that we wanted to do a song that showed us off vocally, performance-wise and to have fun with. 'Fighter' was the right song for the sing-off to show that we would be fighting till the end. We went out with a bang basically and we're really proud of ourselves."

How did you feel getting that vote from Simon at the end?
Azi: "To get the support from Simon was an absolute honour. Simon knows exactly what he's talking about and he's an absolute legend. For him to actually say 'Yes' to us, that's what actually made us feel really good. That's why when we woke up this morning we felt really positive. Simon believes in us! If Simon believes in us then we're doing something right. We'll keep on doing what we're doing and keep on promoting Kandy Rain, and hopefully everyone out there will get what we're all about."

lizann
13-10-2009, 15:11
X FACTOR judge Cheryl Cole will not be singing live on next week’s show as it is being filmed in advance.

The Girls Aloud babe, 26, performs her debut solo single Fight For This Love on Sunday’s results show.

But she is “terrified” to be sharing the bill with diva Whitney Houston, 46.

A show spokeswoman said: “Cheryl will be recording her music performance earlier in the day with a live studio audience to ensure she can fully continue with her judging commitments on The X Factor later that evening.”

DaVeyWaVey
13-10-2009, 16:49
I guess that'll give them enough time to edit her performance and do so many takes to get it just right.

sindydoll
13-10-2009, 17:11
dannii was well out of order what she said, i didnt like that at all and she shouldnt of got away with it like she did!

cheryl cole will be miming next week..we all know that
whitney will be live...i wouldnt be suprised if cheryl pulls out next week

and robbie williams made us laugh (how much coke did he snort) he was well off his rocker..nothing changes there :lol: but good on him why not he has the money!!!

i dont think candy rain had it fair!

and those two annoying boys who my 14 year old daughter love could be childrens presenters i think another dick and dom there :lol:

mcstar
13-10-2009, 21:00
with x factor you missed the twins getting through and kandy rain going!!
i was shocked that rachel was in the bottom two though!:cheer:

sindydoll
14-10-2009, 15:38
can you believe it..just read an article on ds and it says cheryl will be miming:lol:

tammyy2j
14-10-2009, 15:43
X Factor judge Cheryl Cole will reportedly mime her debut single when she performs it on the show at the weekend.

The Girls Aloud singer, who releases her first solo album later this month, will sing only parts of the song live and her entire performance will be pre-recorded earlier in the day, reports the Daily Mail.

An X Factor insider told the paper: "Cheryl is the break-out star of Girls Aloud and there are big plans for her. Nobody - either on the X Factor nor her record label Polydor - wants to see her fail, which is why we thought it was better for Cheryl to mime her performance."

Yesterday it was confirmed that her performance would be pre-recorded ahead of the live results show to ensure she can 'fully continue with her judging commitments' on the programme.

However, anyone who remembers her performance, with the rest of Girls Aloud, on last year's series may question her real motives for not singing live. On that occasion a visibly nervous Cheryl struggled to hit the notes and fellow judge Simon Cowell jokingly called it 'a little bit pitchy' afterwards.

Chicken :lol:

Chloe O'brien
14-10-2009, 23:16
She should sing live, she can she had to do it when she auditioned for the girlband. It's bad that the contestants have to sing live but she doesn't.

Perdita
15-10-2009, 06:12
X factor chiefs last night insisted Cheryl wouldn't have time to flit from her seat on the judging panel to the stage, so had to pre-record the slot. Geordie princess Cheryl told of her nerves yesterday, saying "I'm absolutely terrified."

She added: "The nerves started weeks ago. It's really here and happening. I love performing but I've sat for weeks judging people and now I'm putting myself out there to be judged." Cheryl also said she wanted to develop a career spotting talented youngsters and grooming them to be stars.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2681285/Why-wont-Cheryl-Cole-sing-live-on-X-Factor.html#ixzz0TyifqhRw

Rather a cop-out imo

Perdita
15-10-2009, 06:34
X Factor mentor Louis Walsh will be missing Saturday night’s live heat in order to attend Stephen Gately’s funeral.

The ceremony for the Boyzone singer will be held in Dublin on Saturday at midday, so Louis, 57, will not be able to sit on the judging panel that evening.
It is yet to be decided whether Louis, who was Boyzone’s manager, will return to the show on Sunday night.

A spokesperson for The X Factor said: “Louis is still acting as a mentor over the phone, even choosing this week’s songs.”

From Daily Mirror

tammyy2j
15-10-2009, 12:04
Louis Walsh will miss this week’s live The X Factor show to attend close friend Stephen Gately’s funeral.

Walsh has been very heavily affected by the star’s sudden death and will not feature on Saturday night's performance show. His appearance on Sunday night's results show is also in doubt.

He will instead attend the Boyzone singer’s funeral which takes place on Saturday at St Laurence O’Toole’s Church in Dublin.

It respectable of Louis not to attend this weekend's show

Perdita
15-10-2009, 12:38
Week Three of The X Factor is expected to have a Big Band theme for the fourth consecutive year.

According to the Radio Times, next week's show will feature the remaining ten acts facing "the challenge of singing with a full orchestra".

Michael Bublé, who released new single 'Haven't Met You Yet' on Monday, and Westlife, who return with the track 'What About Now?' next month, are rumoured to be the celebrity guests.

This weekend's X Factor will have a Diva theme.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/news/a182122/x-factor-big-band-theme-confirmed.html

annette_tr9
15-10-2009, 13:06
:cheer: i love big band week!!

sindydoll
15-10-2009, 15:35
X Factor mentor Louis Walsh will be missing Saturday night’s live heat in order to attend Stephen Gately’s funeral.

The ceremony for the Boyzone singer will be held in Dublin on Saturday at midday, so Louis, 57, will not be able to sit on the judging panel that evening.
It is yet to be decided whether Louis, who was Boyzone’s manager, will return to the show on Sunday night.

A spokesperson for The X Factor said: “Louis is still acting as a mentor over the phone, even choosing this week’s songs.”

From Daily Mirror how silly is that!! weather louis wanted to go or not he has to its his job to miss x factor and attend the funeral omg cant believe they have printed that

Perdita
15-10-2009, 15:40
It is called showing respect to a member of a band that he manages and who was a very good friend to him. He must go to the funeral, X Factor will survive without him, supporting family and friends when somebody has passed away is much more important. I don't get your attitude at times, sindydoll. :angry:

*-Rooney-*
15-10-2009, 19:01
I completely support louis and his decision to miss the x factor for the funeral, if he wasnt going to the funeral others would go on about him and say he was wrong. either way he cant please everyone he just has to do what he feels right, and he was close to stephen so its undestandable.

lizann
15-10-2009, 21:23
Leona Lewis is on the show in November

sindydoll
15-10-2009, 21:44
It is called showing respect to a member of a band that he manages and who was a very good friend to him. He must go to the funeral, X Factor will survive without him, supporting family and friends when somebody has passed away is much more important. I don't get your attitude at times, sindydoll. :angry:
thats what i said its part of his job to go to the funeral

Perdita
16-10-2009, 05:38
Sorry, I misread that. Thought you meant that he should go to X Factor and not the funeral.

sindydoll
16-10-2009, 10:37
Sorry, I misread that. Thought you meant that he should go to X Factor and not the funeral.
Noooooooooo :lol:

Abbie
16-10-2009, 13:13
:cheer: i love big band week!!

oo I dont, its never as good as I want it to be

annette_tr9
16-10-2009, 13:28
we are always singing alone to it (after a few drinks) so we cant hear what they sound like anyway.....

we probably do sound much worse then they do mind.........

*-Rooney-*
16-10-2009, 15:40
whats the theme this week (week 2)

Siobhan
16-10-2009, 15:44
whats the theme this week (week 2)

is it Diva cause Whitney is on???

found this on a few sites:

Joe - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Lucie - How Will I Know
Miss Frank - All The Man I Need
John and Edward - Oops I Did It Again

hahaha for J&E

*-Rooney-*
16-10-2009, 15:50
i dunno, robbie was on last week, but only about 3 of them sung his songs, whereas if it was robbie week they all would sing his songs

Siobhan
16-10-2009, 15:50
i dunno, robbie was on last week, but only about 3 of them sung his songs, whereas if it was robbie week they all would sing his songs

edited my post above with some songs

Perdita
16-10-2009, 19:35
From Digital Spy:

Feature: 'X Factor' Diva Week predictions

Friday, October 16 2009, 17:57 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Senior Entertainment Reporter

After last week's selection of 'Modern Classics' and Robbie Williams tunes, Week Two of X Factor 2009 is going to find the final 11 acts put to the test with a Diva Week theme. There should be plenty of Mariah and Whitney numbers, and possibly even a smattering of Britney for us to enjoy. Just for fun, we've put together our predictions - some silly, some serious - for the song choices this Saturday.

Danyl Johnson
After the furore surrounding Dannii's comments last week, will Danyl shy away from the limelight and go for a low-key number? We suspect not. In fact, we wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a deliberately provocative track, just to show there's no hard feelings between himself and Minogue. That could mean Britney's 'I'm Not A Girl...' or possibly, if he was feeling really cheeky, a certain Shania Twain hit.
Song Prediction: Shania Twain: 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman'

John & Edward
The Irish brothers are still dividing the nation, however momentum appears to be swinging in their favour after last week's enthusiastic 'Rock DJ'. Among the divas, belters and rockers they're competing against, the duo's vocals don't stand up too well. So what better choice for the Grimes than a certain diva whose attitude and pop sensibilities have always been more important than her vocals. We're thinking... Britney Spears.
Song Prediction: Britney Spears: 'Oops I Did It Again'

Miss Frank
This should be the week that Miss Frank come into their own. A group containing three divas should be able to blow away the competition if they pick the right song. They are one of the few acts with the vocal strength to tackle Whitney and pull it off, so we suspect that they may have a stab at tackling the biggest diva of the lot. There are hot rumours on the forums that they will be doing the gigantic 'All The Man I Need', which Treyc Cohen performed with aplomb earlier in the competition.
Song Prediction: Whitney Houston: 'All The Man I Need'

Stacey Solomon
It fell to Lucie Jones to take on former X Factor champ Leona Lewis in Week One and it didn't win the full approval of her former mentor Simon Cowell. Maybe this week, Stacey Solomon will carry the Leona baton (she has a new album coming out, you know!) and take on her signature tune. We're not quite sure yet whether Solomon has the pipes to pull it off, but surely not even Mr Nasty himself could find anything rude to say about this Essex girl.
Song Prediction: Leona Lewis: 'Bleeding Love'

Lucie Jones
Lucie has told us that she's going "upbeat" and "dancing" this week, so it's fairly safe to assume that she will be avoiding a syrupy Mariah ballad. She has been photographed carrying a CD of Whitney's fab-u-lous 1985 dancefloor smash 'How Will I Know', which would fit the bill nicely for the Welsh teenager. If she pulls it off, this could be the turning point in the competition for her, but if it goes wrong... Cowell will have her for Saturday night supper.
Song Prediction: Whitney Houston: 'How Will I Know'

Rachel Adedegi
We're not sure if Rachel's celeb lookalike Rihanna is technically classified as a diva yet, so we reckon she should go for the next best thing... a bit of Beyoncé. Adedegi needs a big number after oddly finishing in the bottom two last week, so something like 'Halo', of if she fancies going upbeat and can get Jay-Z to pop along to ITV studios, 'Crazy In Love'. Adedeji sounded like a strong contender at the judges' houses, so she should come into her own this week.
Song Prediction: Beyoncé: 'Halo'

Olly Murs
Olly has promised to show his "dancing and cheeky side" this weekend, so maybe he'll be doing Mariah's 'All I Want For Christmas' (we can dream, can't we?). Slightly more seriously, we would love to see Murs banging on a leotard and giving Beyoncé's 'Single Ladies' a whirl. The Justin Timberlake wannabe will get bonus phone votes from us if he manages to shake his booty.
Song Prediction: Beyoncé: 'Single Ladies'

Jamie Archer
If The Afro can make it through Diva week without landing in the bottom two, then it's a fair sign that he's in the competition for the long haul. However, that's a big if, as this theme should put the hairy pub-rocker to the test. Simon Cowell is never one to shy away from an outrageous song choice, so perhaps Afro will revel in the ridiculousness of him becoming a diva and sing the ultimate karaoke classic 'I Will Survive'. We want glitter, hot pants and a full dance routine.
Song Prediction: Gloria Gaynor: 'I Will Survive'

Lloyd Daniels
So can this lad from Wales actually sing? Or is he just a load of floppy blonde hair and a cute smile. We want to see Lloyd put to the test and given the challenge of taking on the ultimate X Factor hurdle - Mariah Carey. Perhaps he could try to out-warble last year's contestants version of 'Hero'. What would be even more impressive is if he could have a bash at her Music Box version of the diva classic 'Without You'. There could be no complaints about his singing if he pulled that one off!
Song Prediction: Mariah Carey: 'Without You'

Joe McElderry
McElderry has become the 'Dark Horse' (copyright Simon Cowell) of the 2009 series after his performance of 'No Regrets' in Week One. The sweet kid from the North of England with the funny teeth will probably be given a sickly number by Cheryl rather than a gigantic Mariah belter. The rumour is that it may be the rather sweet Whitney classic 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go', which will probably suit his relatively soft vocal style. Can he hit that big note at 3.45, though?
Song Prediction: Whitney Houston: 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go'

Rikki Loney
The question with Rikki is less 'What will he be singing?' and more 'What headwear will he have on?' The tearful Scottish singer was one of the weaker performers in Week One, so he's promised to do one of the biggest diva hits of all time. That can only mean one thing... surely not... yup... we suspect Rikki is contemplating the unthinkable by taking on Whitney's 'I Will Always Love You'. If he gets it wrong, then we expect the great woman will put him straight right after she performs on the Sunday results show.
Song Prediction: Whitney Houston: 'I Will Always Love You'

lizann
16-10-2009, 21:34
Diva week - i predict lots of diva moments and terrible performances :rolleyes:

Meh
16-10-2009, 22:54
Bleeding love is hard to do out of all of them I think.

Even I could do 'oops, i did it again'

Katy
16-10-2009, 22:57
hahaha!

I hate Diva Week, theres always more songs murdered than usual.

sindydoll
17-10-2009, 00:20
we are always singing alone to it (after a few drinks) so we cant hear what they sound like anyway.....

we probably do sound much worse then they do mind.........
your not like us are you! swill a few drinks before you watch it? i dont think i could watch it sober :lol:

tammyy2j
18-10-2009, 13:48
LOL at the twins last night :rotfl:

Stacey, Olly and Jamie were tops for me last night

Cheryl's boys werent good and Cheryl crying because she got bad comments from Simon was annoying :thumbsdow

Louie was missed

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 14:02
I missed Louie but I'm looking forward to see Whitney perform

megan999
18-10-2009, 16:45
Lloyd --> I actually LIKED his version of Bleeding Love. I also like the tone of his voice. Cheryl crying - silly moo.
Olly --> This was my favourite performance of the night, even though I don't know the song. But he hasn't wowed me since his first audition when he sang Superstition.
Rikki--> IMO a poor song choice. Cheryl should have been crying over THIS one.
Miss Frank--> disappointing.
John & Edward--> entertaining, but they can't sing, Fact.
Danyl--> For me this was the worst performance of the night. Firstly, because I don't know the song, secondly, because I didn't like the song, and thirdly because I didn't enjoy it.
Stacey--> I hope she wins the whole competition. She's been a favourite of mine from the start.
Rachel-->nice performance. Her sing-off last week moved me.
Lucie-->not bad, but she can't hit the high notes.
Jamie-->good song choice.
Joe-->he can sing but I don't find him entertaining.
IMO Miss Frank & Rikki will be in the sing-off tonight.

lizann
18-10-2009, 18:28
Olly, Stacey and Jamie Afro were the best last night and hopefully will be the final 3

Danyl is a one trick pony can only perform big ballads so far and its getting kinda boring and from reading the newspapers he is very arrogant backstage

All Cheryl boys last night were bad last night imo

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 19:46
Olly was the best performance last night :)
I would love to see him go far in this competition

Perdita
18-10-2009, 20:14
I would not agree with Simon, the performance of Cheryl Cole was not incredible in my opinion.

Kirsty :]
18-10-2009, 20:22
I'm actually warming to the twins for their entertainment value... haha
I don't like Rikki, just something about him I don't get.

There's no-one this series that I realllllly love, I fib.... Miss Frank, but I don't think they've achieved their full potential yet.

Perdita
18-10-2009, 20:38
I agree with you, this time, I can't find any performer to really float my boat. Far better performers in previous years.

18-10-2009, 20:40
Aww no :( I hope RIkki leaves tonight, I feel like Rachel has more to show aswell :)

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 20:42
I was not too impressed by Cheryl's solo performance. Her voice is not strong to carry any kind of song and the whole line up reminded me of Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation.

eastendersmad
18-10-2009, 21:05
rikki going home was so unfair i think!! .... simon was so obviously going to put him out because him and cheryl are in some "xfactor war";; so that wasn't half obvious!! it's made me angry because in my opinion, rikki was and has been better in his performances!!

also, cheryl saying "john and edward are still here", was bang out of order!
she shouldn't slate them because her act goes out!!
i like john and edward! and i'll stick by that!..
i hope they are here for a long time to come!!!!

18-10-2009, 21:18
Hmmm, I don't think Cheryl made the remark about the twins out of spite though, I think it was genuinely about the standard of their singing, and peformance ability, and for that I agree with Cheryl, whilsyt I like the twins because they do entertain... I would never buy their records because their voices aren't very good.. whereas I would buy Rikki's music, because I did like his voice... I just don't think there was alot more he could've done with it.

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 21:26
I think Rikki reached his potential tonight. He was not a bad singer I just think there are better singers left in the contest.

Chris_2k11
18-10-2009, 21:27
Why are those little boys still in?

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 21:28
Because they fit that tacky pop star image

Jessie Wallace
18-10-2009, 21:45
Thought Cheryl was fab tonight, is Whitney on drugs or something she was awfull, J & E were better than her!

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 22:10
Whitney was great but I wonder has she really kicked the drugs?

Meh
18-10-2009, 22:12
Whitneys voice isn't what it used to be and she defo has some drug issues still I think

Jessie Wallace
18-10-2009, 22:12
She looked odd and sounded really odd when she was on stage, in the VT on Saturday i thought she looked fab, but today was just :eek:

Bryan
18-10-2009, 22:13
once you smoke crack you never go back!

Jessie Wallace
18-10-2009, 22:17
i had no idea she'd been into drugs and all that.

Chris_2k11
18-10-2009, 22:26
you could tell

Meh
18-10-2009, 22:34
i had no idea she'd been into drugs and all that.

Bobby Brown really ****ed her up. Can't say he shoulders all the blame, but he certainly was the catalyst

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 22:43
I don't think she is completely clean she does not looked as polished as she did many years ago or at the height of her fame. Too many years with Bobby Brown spoiled her as she still looks like she dabbles in substances.

SarahWakefield
18-10-2009, 23:03
She'll only be making the comeback to feed her dirty habit!

Pinkbanana
18-10-2009, 23:03
TO me her biggest problem seemed her dress! Surprised she didnt trip over in the blooming thing, and the straps at the back were hanging off too! :lol:

Pinkbanana
18-10-2009, 23:04
She'll only be making the comeback to feed her dirty habit!

I think she'd be pretty sorted for money and not need a come back to feed any coke habit. We dont know whether she's on anything...

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 23:36
Forget the dress, the singing wasn't bad but she could barely open her eyes properly!

Pinkbanana
18-10-2009, 23:42
Forget the dress, the singing wasn't bad but she could barely open her eyes properly!

That could be due to the amount of botox she had pumped into her face... no part of her face seemed to have any movement ;-)

Chloe O'brien
18-10-2009, 23:42
Yeah well if tonights message wasn't a gut hitting reality on how drugs can mess up your life then I don't know what is. Whitney was away with the fairies tonight, which is sad because she is a brilliant singer. I hope she is better when she is back in the UK next year for her tour.

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 23:45

That could be due to the amount of botox she had pumped into her face... no part of her face seemed to have any movement ;-)

It did lack real movement. It's a shame that she felt the need to go through something like that when she was so beautiful naturally.

Hannelene
18-10-2009, 23:47
I read about Whitney some years ago that everyone blamed Bobby Brown for her introduction into drugs. But it was reported that she was into drugs before he came into her life just when they were together her use of substances escalated and rather then helping the situation things got worse.

I was considering booking to see her next year but now I am not too sure because she didn't even seem to remember when she would be heading back to the UK!

I wonder if she even knew if she was currently in the UK.....

tammyy2j
19-10-2009, 10:48
What was up with Whitney last night besides her dress being too long and strap breaking she seems out of it not knowing what Dermot was saying.

Cheryl was childlish commenting on the twins still being in Rikki was terrible with last performance also he cant sing that well - and yes the twins cant sing but are entertaining and from her performance she cant sing great either

tammyy2j
19-10-2009, 14:38
Once again everyone is talking about The X Factor after performances by Cheryl Cole and Whitney Houston divided viewers and critics.

Cheryl Cole's debut solo appearance on last night's show was one of the most eagerly anticipated performances in the show's history.

Viewers were up in arms last week when it was revealed that the talent show judge would be pre-recording her song and would not be singing it entirely live. There were also rumours that the Girls Aloud singer had banned her husband and other members of the band from watching her perform.

However, last night she did perform it during the live show, while husband Ashley and three of her bandmates looked on. Whether or not she was singing it live we may never know. So, was it any good?

Simon Cowell was definitely impressed, claiming it was 'incredible' and that she has a sure-fire number one on her hands, however, not everyone has been so kind.

The Sun says Cheryl appeared 'petrified' before taking to the stage and added that she looked like 'a terrified hopeful' as she performed.

Some X Factor viewers were also critical on discussion forums with one branding her solo turn 'hideous' and another saying her vocals were 'embarrassing'.

Cheryl was later upstaged (for all the wrong reasons) by Whitney Houston, who was making her first UK TV appearance in a decade.

The singer, who has battled drug addiction, suffered a wardrobe malfunction when the strap on the back of her dress opened during her performance. She was later hesitant when the show's presenter Dermot asked her about her new album and what she thought of the X Factor contestants.

One thing is for sure - once again The X Factor has managed to be the most talked about show of the weekend!

megan999
19-10-2009, 17:41
So Cheryl had the cheek to criticise Kandy Rain's clothes when yesterday she wore no bra with a sheer top and trousers falling off. Her performance was okay IMO but not as good as Simon made out. Poor Whitney, her wardrobe assistant must get fired. Her dress was sooo long! plus the wardrobe malfunction. She was not with it at all.

Hannelene
19-10-2009, 20:17
It was a bad show I wonder what other has been singer will they have singing on the show this week.....

Chris_2k11
19-10-2009, 20:28
It was a bad show I wonder what other has been singer will they have singing on the show this week.....
Westlife! :D :lol:

Chloe O'brien
19-10-2009, 22:28
All day all I've been hearing is how it's John and Edward's fault Ricky got the boot from the x factor. Hello the reason he got the boot is because not enough people voted for him and his performance wasn't in the same league as Olly,Jamie or Lucie. Also I may have been mistaken but I could have sworn Rachel was in the sing of with Ricky and not J&E. I know J&E can be nausating but they are only 17 years old and they deserve their place on the show like the other acts, they are putting in the hours of practice yes they may not be the best singers but they are not the worst and it's time the media got off their backs.

If anyone should have went home last night it should have been Rachel, twice she has been in the sing off. WHY because she is not getting the votes being in the sing of once is unlucky twice and the judges need to make a harsh decision if the public aren't voted for her on the show they are not going to buy her records. If she is in the sing off this weekend she needs to go plain and simple. There maybe an army of J&E haters out there but I think they'll be in the competition for a few more weeks yet.

annette_tr9
19-10-2009, 22:46
i thought cheryl did pretty well, especially as she was so nervous, agree with her outfit though, she critisised those outfits week before then wore the same!!

whitney....she needed 2 minutes to think about every question she was asked!!

i think the twins are hilarious, they are rubbish at singing but i want them to stay in just to see what they are going to do next....obviously i dont want them to win though...

i am still voting jamie afro but i thought stacey was best this week...she really doesnt understand how good she is does she! i think she is sweet!!