PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale Spoilers 3rd to 7th of August 2015 - Big Disaster Crash Clearout

Pages : [1] 2

louisa
21-04-2015, 19:38
An explosive storyline is set to happen in the Summer and several of the characters are set to go. No one knows who, only the bosses do. The favourite is Robert. Chas, Debbie, Laurel, Marlon, Aaron, Rishi, Ross and Cain are among them. Only time will tell.

Perdita
21-04-2015, 20:05
I presume these are your favourites?

alan45
21-04-2015, 21:28
Please IF this is true get rid of Chrissie. She has to be one of the worst actresses ever to appear in Emmerdale. She makes even Linda Lusardi look good

Serena Williams
21-04-2015, 21:46
I hear a Dingle or two might go I am guessing lisa or Marlon or zak might be killed off. The show has a lot of dead weigh. I suggest killing debbie Dingle I cannot stand that cow! But I doubt the writers would get rid of her. Why not get rid of Eric or edna or kerry and Dan maybe laurel and Ali take ruby as well.

Serena Williams
21-04-2015, 21:47
Please IF this is true get rid of Chrissie. She has to be one of the worst actresses ever to appear in Emmerdale. She makes even Linda Lusardi look good

Yes the actress who plays chrissie is just bad but i think this is her first bin acting gig. She really needs to up her acting skills.

Serena Williams
21-04-2015, 21:47

Yes the actress who plays chrissie is just bad but i think this is her first bin acting gig. She really needs to up her acting skills.

Serena Williams
21-04-2015, 21:48
An explosive storyline is set to happen in the Summer and several of the characters are set to go. No one knows who, only the bosses do. The favourite is Robert. Chas, Debbie, Laurel, Marlon, Aaron, Rishi, Ross and Cain are among them. Only time will tell.

God I hope robert stays I love him and Ryan Hawley is up for two british soap awards. The Robron storyline is very popular.

Serena Williams
21-04-2015, 21:48

God I hope robert stays I love him and Ryan Hawley is up for two british soap awards. The Robron storyline is very popular.

lizann
21-04-2015, 22:10
I hear a Dingle or two might go I am guessing lisa or Marlon or zak might be killed off. The show has a lot of dead weigh. I suggest killing debbie Dingle I cannot stand that cow! But I doubt the writers would get rid of her. Why not get rid of Eric or edna or kerry and Dan maybe laurel and Ali take ruby as well.

not kerry she is funny or also not cain or ross or Finn

moira, pete, vanessa, sharmas all, ali, ruby, adam, james, rachel, andy and whites all no losses

lizann
21-04-2015, 22:10

moira, pete, vanessa, sharmas all, ali, ruby, adam, james, rachel, andy and whites all no losses

louisa
21-04-2015, 23:09
Only 3 of those are my favourites and they're Robert, Aaron and Cain. The rest can go.

tammyy2j
22-04-2015, 14:37
Several Emmerdale characters will be killed off in a tragic storyline set to rival the soap's 1993 plane crash.

In a bid to boost ratings and shake things up, ITV soap bosses are looking to axe numerous favourites in the village.

Nobody is safe according to The Sun which said: "Bosses are planning a clear-out of characters. No one knows if they will be axed."

The news has made the cast nervous as nobody knows who is set for the chop, with rumours rife that Robert Sugden , played by Ryan Hawley, is the favourite to go in the summer storyline.

Bookies William Hill have his character with the most likely odds, closely followed by Chastity Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) at 4/1 with screen niece Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) at 8/1.

Many are speculating about who will be killed off in the tragedy, which is thought to be a car crash or a big fire, and there's even very outside odds on Marlon Dingle at 33/1.

"Only a few people at senior levels know what they are plotting until this trickles down to the cast and crew.

"There's been lots of speculation. When you want a big ratings spike, killing off some big names is the way to go."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/emmerdale-spoiler-bosses-set-kill

lizann
19-05-2015, 21:06
the big disaster is at pete and debbie's wedding so expect dingle and barton casualties

Serena Williams
19-05-2015, 22:40
I heard only 2 to 3 characters are going to be axed.

lizann
20-05-2015, 00:24

james is one i think

lizann
20-05-2015, 00:24

james is one i think

Perdita
20-05-2015, 04:48
Emma with him, I hope

lizann
20-05-2015, 12:25
Emma with him, I hope

and pete moira and adam too

lizann
20-05-2015, 12:25
Emma with him, I hope

and pete moira and adam too

Perdita
20-05-2015, 12:29
Moira will be staying so she can fight for her man when Charity is back, I like to see Adam and Victoria make a go of things!

Zally
20-05-2015, 15:42
james is one i think

Is Rachel already one of them?

Zally
20-05-2015, 15:42
james is one i think

lizann
20-05-2015, 19:39

she is leaving but don't think she dies

lizann
20-05-2015, 19:39

she is leaving but don't think she dies

Perdita
20-05-2015, 19:42
If she dies and Jai has bullied her into putting his name on Archie's birth certificate, Jai will have got what he has always wanted

tammyy2j
20-05-2015, 22:24
If she dies and Jai has bullied her into putting his name on Archie's birth certificate, Jai will have got what he has always wanted

I wouldn't be surprised if Jai killed her himself, he is changing for the bad, will do anything

Serena Williams
21-05-2015, 04:59
Ashley is in a car accident but I am not sure he dies after victoria runs him over?

Serena Williams
21-05-2015, 05:00

Rachel does not die but the actress is leaving the show. I would love for Sam Dingle to die he is such a useless character.

Serena Williams
21-05-2015, 05:00

Rachel does not die but the actress is leaving the show. I would love for Sam Dingle to die he is such a useless character.

maidmarian
21-05-2015, 06:03
Ashley is in a car accident but I am not sure he dies after victoria runs him over?

Im.wondering if hes seriously injured?. This
could mean Laurel wont be able to rely on
him for help/advice so may mean her
alcohol problem worsens as some of her
support is not available.

Those wishing for a reconciliation for Ashley
&Laurel may think the shock of his accident
may make hr determined to beat alcohol
(dont think its that easy? ) and help him
recover from injuries and a? Happy Ending?

maidmarian
21-05-2015, 06:03

alan45
21-05-2015, 10:15
Emma with him, I hope

I used to love her in Casualty/ Holby

Serena Williams
21-05-2015, 14:36

I can see that happening but I cannot stand laurel she is so annoying.

Serena Williams
21-05-2015, 14:36

I can see that happening but I cannot stand laurel she is so annoying.

lizann
21-05-2015, 15:13
ashley is better off away from laurel

LizzyBizzy
22-05-2015, 20:44
I can't stand Laurel. Or Marlon. I doubt very much though the script writers will write story lines that make me happy....

Perdita
22-05-2015, 20:47
Hopefully they won't as I like both :)

Cheetah
23-05-2015, 17:30
Please get rid of Val & Eric - I can't understand why anyone speaks to them - they're always stabbing everyone in the back.

Perdita
23-05-2015, 18:11
Nooo, I think they are a great couple

Serena Williams
26-05-2015, 13:43
Please get rid of Val & Eric - I can't understand why anyone speaks to them - they're always stabbing everyone in the back.

The writers probably will not get rid of them. I do wonder why the show says there will be a clear out when these actors all have contracts. I am guessing only 3 characters tops will be killed they probably will be minor characters.

Serena Williams
26-05-2015, 13:43

The writers probably will not get rid of them. I do wonder why the show says there will be a clear out when these actors all have contracts. I am guessing only 3 characters tops will be killed they probably will be minor characters.

lizann
26-05-2015, 20:55
a lot of speculation that a dingle matriarch is being offed like zak or lisa

alan45
26-05-2015, 22:52
Zak can hardly be described as a Matriarch

lizann
27-05-2015, 00:18
patriarch

kiwigirl
27-05-2015, 14:33
It wont be any of the main charactors surely not.

Serena Williams
27-05-2015, 16:10

The uk metro newspaper suggests there is supposed to be some surprises but I am doubting it. I doubt Ashley will die from the car accident either.

Serena Williams
27-05-2015, 16:10

The uk metro newspaper suggests there is supposed to be some surprises but I am doubting it. I doubt Ashley will die from the car accident either.

tammyy2j
27-05-2015, 16:11
It is happening at a Dingle Barton wedding so I think everyone is expecting one or two Dingles or Bartons to die

mariba
27-05-2015, 17:03
I hope Rachael goes...Pete could go as well! :D But no Lisa or Zak :(

tammyy2j
27-05-2015, 17:21
I hope Rachael goes...Pete could go as well! :D But no Lisa or Zak :(

Well the actress who plays Rachel is leaving

tammyy2j
27-05-2015, 17:21

lizann
27-05-2015, 21:45

no one is safe

Serena Williams
28-05-2015, 13:57
no one is safe

They are just saying that to create a buzz. I doubt any high profile Dingle's will die. I am certain cain will not die buy I hope and pray sam; Marlon, lisa, or zak die. These characters along with laurel need to go especially sam Dingle.

Serena Williams
28-05-2015, 13:57
no one is safe

They are just saying that to create a buzz. I doubt any high profile Dingle's will die. I am certain cain will not die buy I hope and pray sam; Marlon, lisa, or zak die. These characters along with laurel need to go especially sam Dingle.

Perdita
28-05-2015, 14:38
These characters along with laurel need to go especially sam Dingle.

Would you say that if he was gay? http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thinking/smileys-thinking-082618.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

Perdita
28-05-2015, 14:38
These characters along with laurel need to go especially sam Dingle.

Would you say that if he was gay? http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thinking/smileys-thinking-082618.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

tammyy2j
29-05-2015, 14:49

It may be a well liked popular character, someone who viewers care about

Debzyg
30-05-2015, 08:32
Noooo not Kerry!! She's hilarious!!!

Debzyg
30-05-2015, 08:35

I agree Kerry is hilarious lol

Ali and ruby can deffo go, along with Emma, James, Tracey and Vanessa. I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Sharma's left either.

Cain is my fave so they better keep him! And I like Ross - he's funny, kinda reminds me of Cain in a way in his attitude. Although I think Aaron is very much a young Cain at times in his personality.

Debzyg
30-05-2015, 08:41

Unless Archie and Rachel die and then Jai has nothing to fight about. His nastiness lately is winding me up!

alan45
01-06-2015, 00:58
Emmerdale has been one of the best soaps for keeping secrets from the spoilers

Serena Williams
01-06-2015, 03:28

Yes even if sam was gay he needs to go. Sam is the most worthless character on the show he ads nothing to the program.

mariba
01-06-2015, 09:29
Sam is sweet, and he's part of Emmerdale-always been. Sam needs to stay. And all the Dingles. Dingle family=Emmerdale. There's loads of others who could go-as mentioned: Emma and James..Pete, Laurel(actually used to like her, good actress too, but her storylines recently are just too much..), Moira, Chrissie and her dad, Brenda, JAY!!!!, Carly..well she could be good for Marlon. Loads of others, just please don't touch the Dingles.

Serena Williams
01-06-2015, 12:46
Sam is sweet, and he's part of Emmerdale-always been. Sam needs to stay. And all the Dingles. Dingle family=Emmerdale. There's loads of others who could go-as mentioned: Emma and James..Pete, Laurel(actually used to like her, good actress too, but her storylines recently are just too much..), Moira, Chrissie and her dad, Brenda, JAY!!!!, Carly..well she could be good for Marlon. Loads of others, just please don't touch the Dingles.

The only reason sam is on the show due to politically correctness because he is retarded. It just seems the show used sam to make a statement.

Serena Williams
01-06-2015, 12:46

The only reason sam is on the show due to politically correctness because he is retarded. It just seems the show used sam to make a statement. Sam adds nothing to the show I also find it hard to believe attractive women like tracy or Rachel would be interested in him. Sam Dingle is not handsome.

tammyy2j
02-06-2015, 01:01
I hope Jai is one of the dead

Perdita
02-06-2015, 04:50
The only reason sam is on the show due to politically correctness because he is retarded. It just seems the show used sam to make a statement. Sam adds nothing to the show I also find it hard to believe attractive women like tracy or Rachel would be interested in him. Sam Dingle is not handsome.

Beauty is in they eye of the beholder, just because you may not find him attractive does not mean somebody else will not either

Perdita
02-06-2015, 04:50

lizann
03-06-2015, 01:50

rachel and megan murder him then leyla gets blamed so alicia and david return from portugal

lizann
03-06-2015, 01:51

rachel and megan murder him then leyla gets blamed so alicia and david return from portugal

deeCee
03-06-2015, 17:01
I'm not sure why its deemed "political correctness".

Why shouldn't people with learning difficulties be represented on TV screens?

deeCee
03-06-2015, 17:01

tammyy2j
17-06-2015, 16:22
I think this is filming the week

kiwigirl
18-06-2015, 02:32
I really hope at least one of them is Laurel and her father Doug OMG he is sooooooooo boring. And yep Chrissie, Magan & Layla they all need to go. Keep Emma the sadistic B*%#@ I hope she tries to take out Moira, but Cain comes to the rescue.

mariba
18-06-2015, 07:44
I like Layla, so please not her. Harriet could go-never liked her.

xx_Dan_xx
20-06-2015, 20:15
They're obviously building up to Jai's death. All signs are there - question is who will do it? 3 culprits - maybe 4 if you consider Sam.

Jai's character has got to a point after kidnapping Charity - he can do what he wants. This mentality will be the end as it has many soap characters. Restarting the affair, gaining custody of Archie by disgusting means and using Megan.

kennedyfan86
20-06-2015, 20:28
They're obviously building up to Jai's death. All signs are there - question is who will do it? 3 culprits - maybe 4 if you consider Sam.

Jai's character has got to a point after kidnapping Charity - he can do what he wants. This mentality will be the end as it has many soap characters. Restarting the affair, gaining custody of Archie by disgusting means and using Megan.

Not sure on Jai, Chris Bisson told Phillip Schofield and Amanda Holden on This Morning last week that he's just signed a new contract for a year

kennedyfan86
20-06-2015, 20:28

Not sure on Jai, Chris Bisson told Phillip Schofield and Amanda Holden on This Morning last week that he's just signed a new contract for a year

Perdita
21-06-2015, 04:59
It has been confirmed that he has another contract for a year

kennedyfan86
22-06-2015, 09:40

Mind you he will be going on paternity leave in December time

kennedyfan86
22-06-2015, 09:40

Mind you he will be going on paternity leave in December time

Perdita
07-07-2015, 14:36
Emmerdale's big summer spectacle is drawing ever closer, and cast member Liam Fox has now praised the top secret storyline as "phenomenal".

Cast and crew at the ITV soap have spent the last few weeks filming a huge summer plot, which has been tipped to feature dramatic stunt scenes.

The show's team first started teasing a big summer for the village a few months ago, but exact details of the trouble in store have remained a closely-guarded secret.

Fox, who plays Dan Spencer, appeared on ITV's This Morning today (July 7) and promised that Emmerdale fans will be blown away when the mystery storyline finally hits the screens in early August.

He said: "All I can tell you is that it's absolutely amazing. The last three weeks [of filming] have been incredible. The audience are going to be stunned by what they see.

"The work's been put in by everybody - the cast, the crew, the writers, the producers. It's phenomenal."

Director Duncan Foster has taken charge of the episodes following his success with The Woolpack siege and flood week in October 2013.

Foster has also been building hype for the storyline on his Twitter account in recent days, promising some of the biggest scenes in the soap's history.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a656922/emmerdale-spoilers-big-summer-plot-will-stun-fans-says-liam-fox.html#~phL63Lzp9BPG9W

Perdita
10-07-2015, 19:35
Emmerdale has fuelled the speculation surrounding its big summer storyline by releasing a stylish new trailer to promote the mystery plot.

The intriguing promo hints that popular characters will be in jeopardy next month as the much-anticipated story finally hits our screens.

The trailer confirms that a summer fête will be held in the village next month, coinciding with Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding.

Upcoming episodes will see Debbie (Charley Webb) decide to proceed with her wedding plans, despite the fact that she has fallen for Pete's bad boy brother Ross.

Emmerdale's promo sees a number of the regular characters in high spirits amid the fête's attractions, but the mood soon darkens as they head towards the exit...

Speculation over the ITV soap's plans has been building in recent weeks. Director Duncan Foster, who has taken charge of the special week of episodes, has teased on Twitter that he is working on some of Emmerdale's biggest ever scenes.

Cast member Liam Fox, who plays Dan Spencer, also said this week: "All I can tell you is that it's absolutely amazing. The last three weeks [of filming] have been incredible. The audience are going to be stunned by what they see.

"The work's been put in by everybody - the cast, the crew, the writers, the producers. It's phenomenal."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a657659/emmerdale-spoilers-huge-summer-storyline-teased-in-new-itv-promo.html#~pi3R2bi0G5amnQ

xx_Dan_xx
10-07-2015, 19:41
Emmerdale has fuelled the speculation surrounding its big summer storyline by releasing a stylish new trailer to promote the mystery plot.

The intriguing promo hints that popular characters will be in jeopardy next month as the much-anticipated story finally hits our screens.

The trailer confirms that a summer fête will be held in the village next month, coinciding with Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding.

Upcoming episodes will see Debbie (Charley Webb) decide to proceed with her wedding plans, despite the fact that she has fallen for Pete's bad boy brother Ross.

Emmerdale's promo sees a number of the regular characters in high spirits amid the fête's attractions, but the mood soon darkens as they head towards the exit...

Speculation over the ITV soap's plans has been building in recent weeks. Director Duncan Foster, who has taken charge of the special week of episodes, has teased on Twitter that he is working on some of Emmerdale's biggest ever scenes.

Cast member Liam Fox, who plays Dan Spencer, also said this week: \"All I can tell you is that it's absolutely amazing. The last three weeks [of filming] have been incredible. The audience are going to be stunned by what they see.

\"The work's been put in by everybody - the cast, the crew, the writers, the producers. It's phenomenal.\"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a657659/emmerdale-spoilers-huge-summer-storyline-teased-in-new-itv-promo.html#~pi3R2bi0G5amnQ

Bit confusing why David and Alesha are in that promo if they aren't going to be in it this summer.

xx_Dan_xx
10-07-2015, 19:41

Cast member Liam Fox, who plays Dan Spencer, also said this week: \"All I can tell you is that it's absolutely amazing. The last three weeks [of filming] have been incredible. The audience are going to be stunned by what they see.

\"The work's been put in by everybody - the cast, the crew, the writers, the producers. It's phenomenal.\"

Bit confusing why David and Alesha are in that promo if they aren't going to be in it this summer.

Perdita
10-07-2015, 19:57
Red herrings maybe???

Pops1951
11-07-2015, 16:37
Maybe the cast we see in black are the cast going to the funerals , and the cast we don't see Chas, Ali,James,Emma etc either meet their demise or are injured.

Serena Williams
11-07-2015, 20:34

The actress who plays Alicia said she is leaving the show. I read an article on the UK metro website they said David is not leaving Emmerdale so since Alicia is this means she might die. I am praying that Dan dies bur I doubt it he is such a worthless character. I am sad that Sam was not included in the trailer he needs to go along with Lisa.

Serena Williams
11-07-2015, 20:34

The actress who plays Alicia said she is leaving the show. I read an article on the UK metro website they said David is not leaving Emmerdale so since Alicia is this means she might die. I am praying that Dan dies bur I doubt it he is such a worthless character. I am sad that Sam was not included in the trailer he needs to go along with Lisa.

Perdita
14-07-2015, 11:27
Emmerdale will be rocked this summer as the soap's upcoming disaster storyline will see the village hall destroyed.

The familiar location will be blown up in a spectacular explosion - changing life for the villagers forever as not everyone makes it out alive, according to The Sun today (July 14).

Speculation had been mounting over Emmerdale's plans after the long-running show promised a huge summer storyline involving Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding.

It has now been suggested that the blast will take place as the couple are celebrating their big day, leading to fatalities and casualties within the village amid stunts and special effects.

An Emmerdale spokesperson refused to confirm the tabloid rumours, telling Digital Spy: "We don't comment on speculation regarding future storylines."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/27/618x420/soaps-emmerdale-7237-2.jpg
Pete comforts Debbie
© ITV

Show bosses have begun teasing the future plot with a stylish ITV trailer, which hints at trouble in store as Pete and Debbie's wedding coincides with a summer fête for the villagers.

ITV's tagline for the storyline teases: "The choices we make are the paths we take. Who will meet their summer fate?"

mariba
14-07-2015, 15:47
I hope Robert doesn't kill both Paddy and Aaron..

TaintedLove
16-07-2015, 05:28
I`m thinking Jai, Emma, James and Alicia who are killed off. Possibly Megan and Rachel too.
Just speculation on my part though
:)

mariba
16-07-2015, 09:23
Jay won't die, unfortunately..
Rachel yes, and poor Alicia..James maybe yes, sadly as I like him.
I'm still thinking whether Aaron dies..or Paddy, or both?

mariba
16-07-2015, 09:23

tammyy2j
16-07-2015, 12:38

I think Jai will be murdered and his death blamed on the accident blast or on an innocent party not his real killer

I think Alicia, Lisa, James, Vanessa, Ali and maybe a young character like Lachlan too

lizann
16-07-2015, 21:13
val to die a hero saving someone diane or eric

tammyy2j
16-07-2015, 22:27
val to die a hero saving someone diane or eric

Or saving Brenda her enemy whom she impostered :p

mariba
16-07-2015, 22:54
I enjoyed seeing Ross with Moses this evening �� Baby looks like him too ��

mariba
16-07-2015, 22:54
I enjoyed seeing Ross with Moses this evening 💜 Baby looks like him too 😃

alan45
17-07-2015, 17:46
Just burn down Home Farm and its residents.

Serena Williams
17-07-2015, 20:16

Hollyoaks just fired an actress despite her signing a new contract a few months ago. I hope you are wrong if Paddy dies I am fine with that. The show has too many old characters who need to go. Eric, Sandy, Edna, Zak and Lisa need to go. But I doubt the writers will get rid of them. The cast is far too large they need to focus more on the younger cast they are the ones who draw in viewers.

Serena Williams
17-07-2015, 20:16

Hollyoaks just fired an actress despite her signing a new contract a few months ago. I hope you are wrong if Paddy dies I am fine with that. The show has too many old characters who need to go. Eric, Sandy, Edna, Zak and Lisa need to go. But I doubt the writers will get rid of them. The cast is far too large they need to focus more on the younger cast they are the ones who draw in viewers.

Perdita
17-07-2015, 20:52

Have you got proof of that? Are older people not allowed to be represented in a family show? Is that because you don´t see them hopping into bed with anyone all the time?

tammyy2j
17-07-2015, 21:48

I watch for the storylines and good acting and sometimes the younger cast are awful in their scenes

Emmerdale has a good mixture of old and young which is needed

maidmarian
17-07-2015, 22:23

I dont think.EE was ever meant to be a "young
viewers" programme. Initially a sort of televised
Archers.

In most villages now the age profile is quite high.
Younger people leave to get jobs and because
they cant afford the housing costs- this has
been happening for some time.

The villages become dormitories where more
affluent people work in a city in the week.
and try to organise the remaining original
villagers at the weekend.. Often to the
amusement of and ridicule by the villagers.

If you categorise people by age sexuality
nationality employment ethnicity disability
or anything else. Everyone within that
category wont have the same personality.

eg all the older people wont be boring
and all.the younger people wont be interesting.

And regarding gay men why shouldnt some
be quiet and other more flamboyent.
Ive worked with quite a lot of gay men over
the years and they werent all stereo types!!

maidmarian
17-07-2015, 22:23
Dupl

Pops1951
18-07-2015, 10:01
Just read on another site 7 main characters die.

Perdita
18-07-2015, 10:03
Just read on another site 7 main characters die.

Which ones?

LizzyBizzy
18-07-2015, 10:26
Apparently the Hollyoaks actress was sacked for arriving at work drunk. No brainer.

Pops1951
18-07-2015, 13:54
It didn't say, speculated Val, Alicia, Rachel, as they have confirmed they are leaving the soap. Also hinted at Ali and there might be a child in amongst the 7.

maidmarian
18-07-2015, 17:24
Does anyone know please when the
"clearout" or "disaster" is meant to
be happening?

I thought it was at or soon after Debbie &
Petes wedding? The latest spoilers are for
week to 31/07 and in those it mentions
Ross threatening the wedding!!But not the
actual wedding date.?

P.S. Think Ive read an interview with actor
who plays Dan recently where he said
they had been filming some exciting scenes
but cant remember him saying when they
would be shown.

maidmarian
18-07-2015, 17:24
Dupl

Perdita
18-07-2015, 17:30
be happening?

actual wedding date.?

The first post says in the Summer ... guess August/September time so not too long to wait now ...

Kim
18-07-2015, 19:01
I hadn't seen the trailer before tonight and now I've seen it three times...

Perdita
18-07-2015, 19:16
Seen it a few times before today...

TaintedLove
19-07-2015, 04:14
I`m thinking Val, James and Dan die as they are leaving.
I also think Emma dies in a fire too. And I bet it`s Emma who starts the fire.

Kim
19-07-2015, 05:21
I haven't heard anything about James and Dan leaving, only Val, Alicia and Rachel (again.) I hope Jai is on the list but instead it could be of his making, designed to get rid of Rachel with the rest 'collateral damage' :thumbsdow

I think Alicia will die as she's in the trailer I think so must return with David over the business with the shop. I can't see them bringing the two back together only to split them up.

I also expect that Val will live (her departure scenes have already been filmed and she could quite easily go to prison for her part in the fraud.) This producer brought back Val previously so must be a fan of the character and I can't see her killing her off.

Starting to wonder if Robert will be one of the surprise deaths. He is due a comeuppance and assuming that the actor had been contracted for a year and had chosen not to renew, his contract would be up soon.

I don't think it's Vanessa, Kirin or Rakesh as I haven't heard anything on when the DNA test lie will be discovered, so assume that that's still a way off. To do it with Rakesh already dead would be a cop out, I think.

Serena Williams
19-07-2015, 05:36

The actress who plays Emma said she signed a one year contract. But can the show kill a character off yet still pay the actor a salary?

Serena Williams

The actress who plays Emma said she signed a one year contract. But can the show kill a character off yet still pay the actor a salary?

Serena Williams
I haven't heard anything about James and Dan leaving, only Val, Alicia and Rachel (again.) I hope Jai is on the list but instead it could be of his making, designed to get rid of Rachel with the rest 'collateral damage' :thumbsdow

I think Alicia will die as she's in the trailer I think so must return with David over the business with the shop. I can't see them bringing the two back together only to split them up.

I also expect that Val will live (her departure scenes have already been filmed and she could quite easily go to prison for her part in the fraud.) This producer brought back Val previously so must be a fan of the character and I can't see her killing her off.

Starting to wonder if Robert will be one of the surprise deaths. He is due a comeuppance and assuming that the actor had been contracted for a year and had chosen not to renew, his contract would be up soon.

I don't think it's Vanessa, Kirin or Rakesh as I haven't heard anything on when the DNA test lie will be discovered, so assume that that's still a way off. To do it with Rakesh already dead would be a cop out, I think.

There had to be a reason Kirin, Pryia and Rakesh were in the fire I think Vanessa will lose the baby.

Serena Williams

There had to be a reason Kirin, Pryia and Rakesh were in the fire I think Vanessa will lose the baby.

Perdita
19-07-2015, 07:12

If Vanessa does lose the baby, I hope it is not before Rakesh gets found out

maidmarian
19-07-2015, 07:35
Yes -if they are willing to pay contracted
salary to the actor to the end of contract.**

They could only terminate the contract
and not pay if the actor was in contravention
of their part of contract.Some form of
unacceptable behaviour/ not turning up
for work etc. If the actor thought the employer
was unjustified -they could take legal action?

I dont think it will- but same could happen
to Jai. He has said he is staying and has new
contract. But they could pay him and not
use him for full length of contract or
condense his contracted number of episodes
into shorter time.Depends how contract has
been worded? Not very likely tho?

**I suppose actor could claim they have been
deprived of opportunity to further their career
by making fewer appearances.
But they could get other work (and pay) for
same period or just have a paid holday.
Depends on any restrictions in contract.!

lizann
19-07-2015, 08:42
has a pregnant character ever been killed off vanessa be no loss for me

maidmarian
19-07-2015, 10:04

******Reply at #123*****
Sorry your quote seems to have
become detached from it ,Serena!!

Kim
19-07-2015, 10:42

I presume they can. I would guess that EastEnders bought Hetti Bywater out when Tredwell-Collins wanted to kill off Lucy, but it may be different in this case. This producer has been around for a few years so presumably could forward plan in the contract department (contract only for six months; pay by appearance) rather than buying them out so close to the start of a one year contract.

Perdita
19-07-2015, 10:56
Any contract can be terminated, either in mutual agreement or the other party can be paid off

KiwiElle
19-07-2015, 13:14
be happening?

actual wedding date.?

P.S. Think Ive read an interview with actor
who plays Dan recently where he said
they had been filming some exciting scenes
but cant remember him saying when they
would be shown.

I remember reading in more than one place where the scenes were expected to be seen early to mid August. I guess the spoilers for the first week in August will be telling, especially if they are vague.

Here in NZ we are catching up to the UK rather quickly, as we see 9 episodes a week. We're currently sitting 6.5 weeks behind, and should be seeing the early August episodes in early September. It's the closest we've ever been, and in previous years when there's been a big summer or October storyline, we've had to wait months to see it. As far as I am aware the TV channel that screens Emmerdale is hoping to catch up to the point where we are a week or so behind. When that happens, being able to participate in spoiler discussions here will be so much easier because we won't be so far behind the plot! :thumbsup:

maidmarian
19-07-2015, 13:24
I remember reading in more than one place where the scenes were expected to be seen early to mid August. I guess the spoilers for the first week in August will be telling, especially if they are vague.

Here in NZ we are catching up to the UK rather quickly, as we see 9 episodes a week. We're currently sitting 6.5 weeks behind, and should be seeing the early August episodes in early September. It's the closest we've ever been, and in previous years when there's been a big summer or October storyline, we've had to wait months to see it. As far as I am aware the TV channel that screens Emmerdale is hoping to catch up to the point where we are a week or so behind. When that happens, being able to participate in spoiler discussions here will be so much easier because we won't be so far behind the plot! :thumbsup:

Thanks for reply KiwiElle.
Yes -it will be good to have more opinions
on storylines.
When they first showed EE it was mainly
in Yorkshire TV area.I only saw it when I
visited my Grandma..It was quite along while
before it went"National"!

maidmarian
19-07-2015, 13:24
Dupl

Serena Williams
19-07-2015, 16:31

Just wanted you to know you can watch the show in real time on You Tube. Just put the episode date of emmerdale you want to watch you should be able to find it. I am not from the UK either I am from Canada but watch the show in real time like the UK soap fans. The Internet has made it easy to watch emmerdale.

Serena Williams
19-07-2015, 16:31

Just wanted you to know you can watch the show in real time on You Tube. Just put the episode date of emmerdale you want to watch you should be able to find it. I am not from the UK either I am from Canada but watch the show in real time like the UK soap fans. The Internet has made it easy to watch emmerdale.

tammyy2j
22-07-2015, 12:27
Emmerdale Summer Stunt Spoilers: SEVEN characters to be killed off in explosion!
www.unrealitytv.co.uk

July 14th, 2015 by Anna Howell

[ssba]

emmerdale summer fate 7

As we have previously reported Emmerdale is about to take on a stunt to rival all others this summer, and now it has been reported that a whopping SEVEN characters will die as a result!

This stunt, so the Sun newspaper reports, takes place as show favourites Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) and Pete Barton get ready to tie the knot, when a huge explosion rips through the sleepy village of Emmerdale next month.

This stunt, which insiders claim will be bigger than the epic plane crash of 93 which tore through the dales killing several characters along the way, will see show favourites injured and dishevelled as they are pulled through the wreckage during what is being described as a breath-taking “Hollywood-esque” style stunts and special effects, which took over three weeks to film.

The plane crash that shook the village 22 years ago...

The plane crash that shook the village 22 years ago…

The publication quotes a “well-placed source” as revealing:

“The writers felt it was time for a shake-up, so that is exactly what we are doing. The village hall felt a bit tired and run-down, so what better way to bring it into the 21st century than to blow it up?

“It will see deaths and injuries as some of the show’s biggest characters are pulled out of the rubble covered in blood and mud.

“We are sure it will have every soap fan glued to their screens.”

Of course the powers that be are keeping very tight-lipped about just which characters will meet their maker during this ground breaking storyline, but we do already know that three actors have recently announced their decision to leave the show – Natalie Anderson who plays Alicia Metcalfe, Charlie Hardwick who plays Val Pollard and Gemma Oaten who plays Rachel Breckle.
In particular two of these characters could have had their fate hinted at in the recent promo trailer for the event with Alicia being one of the characters who walk through the woods towards the creepy fairground exit door, whilst Val’s husband, Eric (Chris Chittell) can be seen looking at it alone, with her sister, Diane (Elizabeth Estensen) looks on behind them…
Rachel does not appear in the trailer at all, but if we are right about her being one of the fatalities, might her young son, Archie, be one of them too – That would certainly send shockwaves through the nation….
Meanwhile, taking a closer look at the trailer which you can see for yourselves at the bottom of this article, we can also see a few hints at possible other fates…

embargo 24 march emmerdale ali ruby dan rachel

For example Dan Spencer (Liam Fox) and Ruby Haswell (Alicia Eyo) can be seen together, with no sing of Ali (Kelli Hollis). Now we know that Ali is currently back and forth to Liverpool taking care of her son Sean, but maybe she is back for the wedding? Or maybe it is Ruby who is making her exit?

Also featured in the clip are Victoria Sugden (Isabel Hodgins) and her new husband Adam Barton (Adam Thomas) as well as Kirin Kotecha (Adam Fielding), his dad Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie) and partner Priya Sharma (Fiona Wade), but no sing of Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) whose pregnancy connects them all – Maybe the blast causes her death, or that of her unborn child’s?

Speaking of pregnancy, Charley Webb who plays bride to be Debbie is currently expecting her second child with co-star Matthew Wolfenden – Could her maternity leave be permanent?

Finally in the trailer are Cain (Jeff Hordley) and Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb), Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley), his wife Chrissie (Louise Marwood) and his bit on the side, Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) – Now all of these people are bound by twisted secrets of infidelity, so could the truth come out on one of their death beds?

I am expecting a few shock deaths

Pops1951
22-07-2015, 12:56
I wondered if Lisa Dingle could be one that dies, setting the scene for Joanie and Zak. Or Joanie dies giving Cain and Moira custody of Kyle....

mariba
22-07-2015, 12:58
7!!!!? There won't be any characters left!

Pops1951
22-07-2015, 13:17
on another thread it was suggested it could be deaths like the minister standing in for Ashley, or a taxi driver etc

Perdita
22-07-2015, 14:58
7251 Monday 3 August 7pm – 7.30pm

Ross has revenge in mind
Lachlan meddles with Lawrence's medication
Diane gives Val some news

7252/53 Tuesday 4 August 7pm – 8.00pm

It's Debbie and Pete's wedding day
Cain is asked to sort Ross
Chrissie sees red

7254 Wednesday 5 August 2015 7pm – 7.30pm

Wedding devastation
Emergency services are called
Adam's alarmed when he wakes

7255 Thursday 6 August 2015 7pm - 7.30pm

Will the death toll rise?
Villagers are still in danger
There is fear inside and outside the hospital

7256 Thursday 6 August 2015 8pm - 8.30pm

Devastation is apparent
Sad news spreads
Blood on someone's hands

7257 Friday 7 August 7pm – 7.30pm

It's the morning after
Villagers are left reeling
People struggle to comprehend what has happened

tammyy2j
22-07-2015, 15:11
This is disaster week and we have Cain Vs. Ross who will win :p

Sheeratty
22-07-2015, 15:52
I don't think 7 will die - seems too many. I think Lisa, Alicia and Val will die with several injured.

lizann
22-07-2015, 20:11
harriet could be one

vcdg84
22-07-2015, 20:56
Doesn't give much away! But the only person mentioned after disaster strikes is Adam. Maybe Victoria dies/is badly injured...

lizann
22-07-2015, 21:10
ruby, alicia and harriet to die my guesses so far

maidmarian
22-07-2015, 21:14
:(
harriet could be one

Yes- thats likely if the criminal she had
imprisoned and is now released- is
responsible for the mayhem.
I still.think that if the death toll is about
7 -it will be 2-3 major characters-
a couple of minor ones(like Harriet)
and a couple not really seen and/or poor
old Daisy the Cow:(

kiwigirl
22-07-2015, 21:25
Doesn't give much away! But the only person mentioned after disaster strikes is Adam. Maybe Victoria dies/is badly injured...

Hope its not Victoria, but it kinda looks that way. Unless its Vanessa and Adam still doesnt know its not his baby?

kiwigirl
22-07-2015, 21:25
Grrr sick of double posts

Perdita
23-07-2015, 04:35
If you click on Go Advanced before you post you find it does not happen :)

TaintedLove
23-07-2015, 04:40
Brilliant!!! Thanks Perdita.

I know James, Dan and Val, and Alicia are leaving, so no doubt those are being killed off.

Perdita
23-07-2015, 08:59
Emmerdale's summer spectacle is drawing ever closer and ITV has now confirmed the scheduling plans for the big week of episodes.

Cast and crew at the soap have spent the past few weeks working on a huge storyline to keep fans gripped this summer, which is expected to feature dramatic stunts and special effects.

The major episodes will finally hit our screens in the week commencing Monday, August 3. The week will include an extra 30 minutes of Emmerdale to celebrate.

Emmerdale will be in its usual slots across the week, but final schedules have confirmed that Tuesday's episode on August 4 will air as an extended hour-long special from 7pm.

The news means that Emmerdale will be going head-to-head with BBC rival EastEnders for 30 minutes that evening.

Earlier this month, tabloid reports suggested that Emmerdale's big storyline could see the village hall destroyed in a spectacular explosion on Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding day.

Show bosses haven't confirmed the newspaper rumours, but it's thought that life in the village is about to change forever as not everyone will make it out alive when disaster strikes.

www.digitalspy.co.uk

louisa
23-07-2015, 09:07
James and Dan are leaving? I didn't know that. I reckon it must be one person from every family. I hope it's not Diane that dies. Along with Robron and Coira, she's a favourite of mine.

mariba
23-07-2015, 13:18
I wish Robert would die, I'm tired of him getting away with everything.
Same for Jai.

I just fear Aaron and Paddy will both die and the truth about Robert won't ever be out..that he killed Katie too.
I hope Ali, Jai, Brenda, Moira, Emma to be amongst dead. I do fear one killed off will be Vanessa..:( I wanted the truth about the baby to come out....

mariba
23-07-2015, 13:18
Same for Jai.

I just fear Aaron and Paddy will both die and the truth about Robert won't ever be out..that he killed Katie too.
I hope Ali, Jai, Brenda, Moira, Emma to be amongst dead. I do fear one killed off will be Vanessa..:( I wanted the truth about the baby to come out....

Sexyjojo
23-07-2015, 13:37
This is disaster week and we have Cain Vs. Ross who will win :p

That's a shame I like Ross but does anything happen to Debbie when Pete finds out

Sexyjojo
23-07-2015, 13:38
Brilliant!!! Thanks Perdita.

I know James, Dan and Val, and Alicia are leaving, so no doubt those are being killed off.

Well I knew about val and Alicia

tammyy2j
23-07-2015, 17:18
I don't think the actor who plays Dan is leaving I think perhaps Ali or Ruby could die

maidmarian
23-07-2015, 17:44
I don't think the actor who plays Dan is leaving I think perhaps Ali or Ruby could die

I was surprised when it was mentioned in
a post that Dan was leaving - not read about
it- but could have missed it!

The actor Liam Fox is quoted on here( recently)
as saying they were filming very dramatic scenes
and how exciting the " Disaster Week " would
be etc but didnt say anything about leaving ED.

maidmarian
23-07-2015, 17:44
Dupl

kennedyfan86
23-07-2015, 19:25

I think there's going to be a few surprises with characters going that we don't know about, that's why they said no actor was safe when it was first revealed. As long as they leave Aaron and Ross alone that's fine

kennedyfan86
23-07-2015, 19:25

I think there's going to be a few surprises with characters going that we don't know about, that's why they said no actor was safe when it was first revealed. As long as they leave Aaron and Ross alone that's fine

Kim
23-07-2015, 20:15
I'm really thinking Robert's going. He's just getting worse and can't keep getting away with it. Killing him off would be a shocker as he's a Sugden, but as the biological daughter of Sarah Sugden Sr, Victoria arguably carries more heritage. If they are they best hope that Isabel Hodgkins is happy to stay for a long while!

maidmarian
23-07-2015, 20:33
I'm really thinking Robert's going. He's just getting worse and can't keep getting away with it. Killing him off would be a shocker as he's a Sugden, but as the biological daughter of Sarah Sugden Sr, Victoria arguably carries more heritage. If they are they best hope that Isabel Hodgkins is happy to stay for a long while!

Well Robert only had the contract for a year - so
it could well be that he goes.Though I would
be sorry to see him go -mainly because he is
a Sugden!!

Robert and Victoria have the same father
Jack Sugden but different mothers -
Roberts was Pat who was Jacks first wife
and also the mother of his illegitimate son
Jackie Merrick.
Victorias mother was Sarah who married
Jack after Pat was killed in a car accident-
baby Robert was a passenger in the car.

Sarah & Jack adopted Andy.

Im.just interested to hear you think
Victoria has more Sugden heritage
than Robert - when to me it seems
the same?
I would be sorry to see Victoria leave-
as for a young female soap chatacter
she is quite interesting and normal!

maidmarian
23-07-2015, 20:33

a Sugden!!

Jackie Merrick.

the same?

Kim
23-07-2015, 23:15
a Sugden!!

Jackie Merrick.

the same?

Just that Sarah seems to have made more of an impact in her own right than Pat did, so marginally more heritage perhaps.

Serena Williams
24-07-2015, 22:53
These shows hype a lot about these spectacles it will be disappointing if only minor characters Will be killed off. I heard victoria dies.

mariba
25-07-2015, 08:31
I don't think 7 will die - seems too many. I think Lisa, Alicia and Val will die with several injured.

I really hope you are wrong. I don't want anything bad to happen to Lisa or Zack. They are the pillars of Dingle family-no way..And Cain&Debbie has to be safe too, all other characters can go I don't care who does and who don't then.
I also add Jimmy, Belle and the little Kyle on the list to hopefully be safe. Any of the rest can go I don't mind who.

Perdita
25-07-2015, 11:31
Round-up:

Pete’s suspicions are aroused when Ross offers to help with the wedding. At the stag do, Ross becomes even more bitter when James presents Pete with his grandfather’s watch. Then everyone is stunned when Ross reveals that he is the father of Debbie’s baby, Moses. For her part, Debbie begs Cain to stop Ross from ruining her big day. On the day of the wedding everything seems to proceed smoothly – until Sarah inadvertently places Debbie’s break-up letter to Pete among cards and telegrams of good wishes to the happy couple. Rodney has organised a small fair to celebrate with helter-skelters and carousels, but disaster soon strikes. Lawrence finds his pills but Chrissie is worried when he shows up unsteady on his feet and loses his balance while dancing with Bernice. Lachlan has been tampering with Lawrence’s medication, convinced that any blame will lead to Robert. Diane tells Val that she has received a court summons and will have to testify against her. Chrissie takes Lachlan’s confession calmly, not realising that Robert has heard every word. Chrissie is not finished, however. She douses Robert’s car in petrol and sets it alight, not realising how close it is to some gas canisters next to another car where Adam is asleep. James and Emma sprint through the village to the site of the disaster and the emergency services are summoned. Most of the villagers gather round the injured at the hospital, but someone is putting a lifeless body into the boot of a car......

Sexyjojo
25-07-2015, 15:27
Ooh it's looking good Sarah puts the letter there,

Cheetah
25-07-2015, 19:05
I think it's probably hype to boost the ratings - maybe one person killed loads injured - as Val is trying to fake her death maybe she could be killed off for real. I'd really love Kerry to go ................

lizann
26-07-2015, 21:29
why is adam asleep in a car, has victoria kicked him out again and seems chrissie causes the fire

Kim
26-07-2015, 21:37
Maybe Robert doesn't die then. I'd put money on him being the one to put a body into the boot of a car.

maidmarian
26-07-2015, 21:52
Maybe Robert doesn't die then. I'd put money on him being the one to put a body into the boot of a car.

No -perhaps not. But whose body??
Perhaps Lawrence -but actor only
just signed another contract and
talking of bringing his family up to
Yorks!
But Robert wants rid of several others!!

maidmarian
26-07-2015, 21:52
Dupl

alan45
27-07-2015, 00:41

alan45
27-07-2015, 00:41
Rodney has organised a small fair to celebrate with helter-skelters and carousels, but disaster soon strikes.

Looks like a job for Den Watts. Surely not another cardboard funfair. Will they find a dead WW2 veteran asleep underneath the wreckage

maidmarian
27-07-2015, 03:47
Looks like a job for Den Watts. Surely not another cardboard funfair. Will they find a dead WW2 veteran asleep underneath the wreckage

Perhaps not a a WW2 pilot Alan- but in the
Air crash there were 3 people killed

Elizabeth Pollard -who some still think Eric
murdered -despite a tale he spun for Val
long after the event.

Mark Hughes- Joe Sugdens stepson

Leonard Kempinski -who Annie Sugden
had recently married

Then Archie Brooks who was presumed killed
but body never found.**

Also Chris Tate was trapped under debris
and lost use of legs.

The plane that crashed was Eastern European
and a lot of bodies of passengers where found
for some time after.As it was soon after
the Lockerbie disaster- there was criticism of
airing the story at all. Phil.Redmond was involved.

So its possible I suppose they could find
Archies body or more of the passengers!!

** The actor who played Archie has been
seen in the last few years in " Scott& Bailey"
as the now ex-husband of .Janet Scott!!

maidmarian
27-07-2015, 03:48
Dupl

Kim
27-07-2015, 22:47
I'm expecting the announcement of a new producer shortly. Oates has done around three years I think and that seems average for soap producers. This seems like a "going out on a high" kind of thing. If the death toll is as high as seven, a producer change would explain it; the casualties enforced by the successor based on characters he/she doesn't value or even by Oates herself. Producers are supposed to care about the future of the show but do any of them really? It's all about making as much of an impact as possible themselves. A clear out like this is bound to grab ratings.

tammyy2j
28-07-2015, 00:15
Emmerdale is lining up a week of episodes that no soap fan will want to miss, as Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding day is marred by a shock disaster.

Show bosses have been keeping quiet about the exact details of the stunts and spectacles ahead, but the storyline has been tipped to rival the show's famous plane crash from 1993 and the Woolpack flood which wowed fans in 2013.

Here, Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates reveals her aims for the episodes and offers some sneaky gossip on what's to come.
How long have you been planning Emmerdale's big summer storyline?
"It's been a summer of infidelity here at Emmerdale, with Robert and Aaron, Debbie and Ross, and Jai and Leyla. Each affair has been different, but they are all based on webs of lies and heightened emotions. When these start bubbling to the surface, viewers can be assured of some explosive viewing.

"Each of these stories has had a fairly long build, so it's definitely been a lengthy process. We'd always envisaged a love triangle between the Barton boys and Debbie, so that's been a long time coming. Aaron and Robert's story has obviously been building since last autumn, so I think we're all ready to see what will happen when Chrissie finally flips under the emotional pressure of Robert's affair.

"The challenge was making sure we got a good balance between the emotion of the stories, and the visually impressive - so hopefully we've struck that."

Have you enjoyed weaving all of those stories together to reach this one point?
"Absolutely. I think dovetailing stories so they interweave is something we do well here at Emmerdale, and these summer stories will have further repercussions as we head into autumn, so stay tuned!"
You were also responsible for The Woolpack's siege and flood week in 2013. Is this week of episodes even bigger than that?
"In many ways, yes. I think the fact that we pulled off the ambition of the siege gave us added confidence for these stunts - we know how well we work together as a team when we all have a shared vision. One of the fundamental features of the siege was its sense of containment - everyone was trapped in the pub, so filming was restricted to those very confined spaces of the bar and the cellar, which really worked for the drama.

"We wanted something different this time - a story where we could spread the action of the episodes across several different precincts to keep things pacey and varied. So that's taken a great deal of planning and careful use of resources, because we have the same team working on lots of different primary locations, each with their own dramatic focus, rather than two or three."

What can we expect in terms of scale?
"I think the audience can expect some exciting drama and some impressive spectacles! I've said before that Emmerdale has a proud history when it comes to stunts, so we're aware we have a lot to live up to."

How closely did you work with the director Duncan Foster?
"Very closely. I enjoy working with Duncan, because we have a very similar view of what makes a good story - then he adds the amazing visual element to it and works with the whole team to really make it come alive. We have such an excellent story and script team here at Emmerdale and the writers were so excited about the scripts, so the meetings for these episodes were a lot of fun."

What was the trickiest aspect to pull off?
"Achieving everything we wanted to achieve with only seven days in the week! Everyone has worked around the clock to put these episodes together, with the longest filming schedule we've ever had during my time at Emmerdale.

"I think one of the biggest challenges fell to our design team to actually create some of the settings you'll see for the drama. I've learned that Gillian, our Head of Design, and her team don't scare easily!"

What are you most proud of and most looking forward to the audience seeing?
"I'm proud of the stories themselves - I hope that the viewers will be excited by some of the choices that we've made and will keep watching to see how they pay off in the coming weeks. To be honest, the thing I love most about these stories is that the passion and talent of the whole Emmerdale team is present on the screen throughout. That makes me very proud indeed.

"I can't say what I'm most looking forward to the audience seeing without giving too much away, but there are lots of different elements of these episodes that I hope will keep the viewers gripped - it's not just one 'centrepiece' stunt. So make sure you've got your snacks and your drinks in front of you, and that you've been to the loo before it starts, because you won't want to miss anything!"

Are there some surprises and twists in store?
"Of course! But I'm not telling you what they are!"

Will Chrissie ever forgive Robert?
"Would you?! I think Robert's biggest ambition is to keep hold of what he thinks he's 'achieved' in life: namely Home Farm and a lucrative marriage. He's not going to give that up so easily! But he's also a complex character, and we have seen him capable of genuine emotion - sometimes with Chrissie, and definitely with Aaron. But maybe he's pushed his luck too far this time. I see trouble ahead for Robert."

Do you think Pete will ever forgive Debbie and Ross when their affair is exposed in the wedding week?
"Pete loves Debbie so much and he's drawn a blind eye to her growing feelings for Ross. We saw him after the bare knuckle fights having a word with Ross about staying away from her, and he hoped that was enough. He'll be deeply wounded by their betrayal - and I think that will show us a different side to Pete.

"I remember when Pete was first dating Debbie and he tracked down the guy who'd frightened her on a call-out and threatened him in the hospital. We saw a darker side of Pete then - one he normally keeps hidden. That is sometimes more intense and frightening than people who shout loud and wave their fists all the time."

It's a huge summer, but do you have big plans for the autumn too?
"Of course! We'll have built up a good momentum with our summer stories, so we're definitely keeping that going into the latter part of the year. There will be some great pay-offs to the drama that's been playing throughout the year, so watch this space..."

alan45
28-07-2015, 01:06
Airs Monday, Aug 3 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

Pete is suspicious when Ross offers to help with the wedding. At Debbie's hen party, she is secretly hoping that nothing will get in the way before her big day. Over at Pete's stag party, Finn and Cain are on edge when Ross arrives. James proudly gives Pete his grandfather's prized watch as a gift, which causes Ross's bitterness to increase further.

The two parties collide when the hens arrive at the pub. Ross is about to storm out when Pete stops him, and soon they are in a heated argument. Everyone is left stunned when Ross snaps and reveals himself as the father of Moses. Debbie fights her panic whilst trying to cover her emotions.

http://i1.cdnds.net/15/30/618x419/soaps-emmerdale-7251-2.jpg
© ITV
Pete's stag do gets underway

Later, an anxious Debbie panics to her father about Ross, admitting that they were having an affair. Terrified that Ross will ruin her big day, she begs Cain for his help. He agrees - wanting to do anything to protect his daughter.

Over at the church, Ross takes out a memory stick, which should have contained the ceremonial music. When he tests it, Debbie's voice echoes round the church, revealing her confession to Ross of how she was going to give up everything for him. He presses stop and smiles with bitter delight. The stage is now set for their affair to be exposed...

Meanwhile, Lawrence searches for his mislaid pills but is pleased to finally find them. Later, Chrissie is confused by his behaviour when he shows up at Debbie's hen party unsteady on his feet. Lawrence dances with Bernice but loses his balance and drops her. Chrissie is concerned and gets him home. Soon afterwards, an edgy Lachlan phones the police and reports that someone has tampered with Lawrence's medication, knowing the blame will be put on Robert. Will it work?

Elsewhere, Diane informs Val that she has a court summons and has to testify against her.

Also today, the locals are horrified by the sight of a convoy of fairground trucks rolling into the village.

Airs Tuesday, Aug 4 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

Hour-long episode

It's the day of the wedding, but the threat of Ross looms large. Debbie is concerned when Cain privately tells her that he hasn't warned Ross off yet. At the same time, Finn is alarmed when Ross and Pete get in a heated argument over Debbie. Finn throws an empty hold-all at Ross and asks him to leave, but Ross refuses. Once alone, Finn is doing some final preparations in the church when he clicks play on the sound system and hears Ross's damning recording. He quickly stops it and wonders if he should leave it or not.

Soon everyone is at the church preparing for the ceremony to start when Debbie intercepts Cain, urgently warning him that she thinks Finn is going to do something. The music begins to play as Debbie and Cain walk down the aisle arm in arm. Debbie beams at Pete, relieved that she seems to have managed to avoid disaster.

http://i1.cdnds.net/15/30/618x376/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-9.jpg
© ITV
Debbie is relieved to see Pete at the altar

Later, the congregation flood out into the village where Rodney has organised a small fair, complete with a helter-skelter and carousel. There are smiles all round, but unbeknownst to Cain, he accidentally knocks Debbie's break-up letter addressed to Pete out of his pocket onto the floor. Sarah helpfully picks it up and puts it on the pile of cards addressed to the happy couple.

In the village hall where the reception is being held, a happy Debbie and Pete open the cards together, but her heart stops when he opens up her letter.

This is a bad omen as soon disaster strikes at the heart of the wedding reception. A terrified Dan runs into the village hall shouting for everyone to get out, but is it too late?

Meanwhile, Chrissie is shocked when Lachlan confesses to meddling with her father's medication. Worryingly Robert has overheard the whole confession and knows he now holds all the cards. Chrissie privately does her best to stay calm, but later on learning more evidence regarding Robert, she sees red and douses his car in petrol as they argue at the scrapyard. She throws a lighter at it and suddenly it's engulfed in flames.

Robert desperately tackles the fire and once he thinks he has put it out, he carries on pleading with Chrissie. He does not realise the un-extinguished fire is creeping closer to some gas canisters that stand next to a car which Adam is asleep in...

http://i2.cdnds.net/15/30/618x414/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-18.jpg
© ITV
Robert watches as his car goes up in flames

Elsewhere, Ross rejects Cain's offer, but before he can finish speaking, Cain cracks him over the head hard and he falls to the floor unconscious. It's much later when Ross's eyes flicker open and he realises his hands and feet are bound together and he is trapped somewhere in the back of a van. Can Ross get himself out of this? At the same time, Cain dashes back to the start of the wedding.

Airs Wednesday, Aug 5 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

It's eerily quiet as the dust settles on the wedding reception - and the village has changed forever.

James and Emma sprint through the village to the site of the disaster and it's chaos as the emergency services are contacted.

Meanwhile, at the scrap yard, Adam has woken to find the car he has been sleeping in is alight with a fire raging.

Airs Thursday, Aug 6 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

Emotions run high inside the hospital as visitors gather round one of the injured.

Unbeknownst to everybody, outside the hospital, another resident is bundling the body of a lifeless villager into the boot of a car...

Meanwhile, villagers are still in danger whilst others place themselves back in harm's way.

Airs Thursday, Aug 6 2015 at 20:00 BST on ITV

The devastation continues as the emergency services are now on the scene.

Sad news spreads, while one resident who has blood on their hands realises the impact of their actions.

Airs Friday, Aug 7 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

It's the morning after Debbie and Pete's disastrous wedding day and the villagers are left reeling as they struggle to comprehend what has happened.

Perdita
28-07-2015, 04:49
All eyes will be on Emmerdale next week as the show's summer disaster hits our screens - and the promo for the storyline is well and truly under way today with spoilers, interviews and behind-the-scenes insights into the explosive drama to come.

If you're feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the overload of new information, fear not as we've rounded up the 7 biggest pieces of gossip that you definitely need to know. Read on for the lowdown on Emmerdale's big week - but be warned that there are some spoilers ahead.

1. Debbie and Pete WILL get married
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/30/618x424/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-19.jpg
Debbie and Pete are married
© ITV

It's fair to say that Debbie's love triangle has left her slightly indecisive recently, changing her mind between Barton brothers Pete and Ross more times than we want to remember.

We always suspected that her wedding day would follow in the same vein, but it seems not - one of the few things Emmerdale's bosses have given away about next week's episodes is that Debbie and Pete will exchange their vows as planned. It's only later during the wedding reception at the village hall that everything goes horribly wrong...

2. Debbie's affair is about to be exposed
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/30/618x427/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-21.jpg
Debbie and Pete open the cards together, her heart stops when he opens up her letter
© ITV

It was only a matter of time before Debbie's secret fling with Ross was exposed, and her wedding reception at the village hall provides the perfect setting for a classic soap reveal.

Debbie's new husband Pete will be distraught to learn that she has been cheating on him with Ross - but there are at least two possible ways that the truth could come out.

Ross has a secret recording of Debbie confessing to their affair which gets sneakily mixed in with the music to be played at the reception, while a secret break-up letter that Debbie planned to give to Pete also gets mislaid and pops up unexpectedly during the wedding.

Both would be cruel ways for poor Pete to discover the truth, but fans will have to wait and see exactly how it all comes crashing down on him.

3. Chrissie causes the summer disaster
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/30/618x414/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-18.jpg
Robert watches as his car goes up in flames
© ITV

When it first emerged that Emmerdale's summer stunt would centre around a Barton wedding, many suspected that unstable Emma would somehow be to blame for causing carnage in the village.

As it turns out, the culprit is a more unlikely suspect as Chrissie Sugden finally shows her darker side in a showdown with her estranged husband Robert.

Keen to finally dish out some revenge following his affair with Aaron, Chrissie sets fire to Robert's beloved car at the scrapyard. Chrissie doesn't intend to hurt anyone, but she causes more destruction than she ever could have imagined as the blaze creeps closer to some gas canisters at the site, causing them to explode high in the sky.

While producers aren't saying exactly how, it's this incident which impacts on the wedding reception - with catastrophic consequences for the celebrations and the village itself.

4. It's not just one stunt

Some soap stunts are hyped for months beforehand and last for just seconds on screen, but the Emmerdale team are promising that this won't be the case for their summer spectacular.

Series producer Kate Oates has teased: "There are lots of different elements of these episodes that I hope will keep the viewers gripped - it's not just one 'centrepiece' stunt. So make sure you've got your snacks and your drinks in front of you, and that you've been to the loo before it starts, because you won't want to miss anything!"

The show's head of design Gillian Slight added: "There is a sequence of events which happen in a number of different locations, resulting in a more major disaster. This meant that multiple special effects and stunts had to be arranged."

5. Adam Barton's fate is uncertain
http://i2.cdnds.net/12/40/618x554/adam_barton.jpg
Adam Thomas as Adam Barton in Emmerdale
© ITV

Nobody involved in the stunt episodes seems safe at the moment and it's thought that regular characters will be killed off. One character in particular who's being signposted as a possible victim is Adam Barton, as he finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When Chrissie turns firestarter and her blaze edges towards gas canisters at the scrapyard, they're dangerously close to a car which an oblivious Adam is asleep in.

Adam eventually wakes up to find that the vehicle is now alight with flames raging around him. The trouble-prone farmer has played with fire himself in the past, but will he make it out of this situation alive?

6. Ross will be locked up... but not in jail
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/30/618x397/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-23.jpg
What's next for Ross?
© ITV

Desperate times call for desperate measures - especially when you're Cain Dingle.

When Debbie tells her dad that she's worried about Ross ruining her big day, he reacts in true Cain style by knocking the bad boy unconscious and trapping him in the back of a van where he can't cause any trouble.

It's only later that Ross wakes up and realises he is locked away somewhere with his feet bound together. Can he get out of this, or will he still be trapped when the disaster strikes?

7. Yes, there really is a fairground heading to Emmerdale
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/30/618x422/soaps-emmerdale-7251-1.jpg
The villagers are horrified by the sight of a convoy of fairground trucks rolling into the village
© ITV

Emmerdale's memorable trailer for the stunt has shown a summer fête in the village... and no, it's not just for a play on words about characters meeting their fate!

Pete organises for a small fair to be present in the village on his big day, including a helter-skelter, carousel and a mirror maze.

With so much still top secret about the episodes, it's unclear what role the fairground will have in the proceedings - but it's definitely been tipped to play a part.

Head of design Gillian explained: "The funfair element brought its own set of challenges. The rides were required to stay in position [for filming] for over 5 weeks. At a time of year when fairs are in demand, this was quite difficult to secure. We also had to design and construct a fairground attraction from scratch. This is because the story demanded that there was some damage to the structure and we were not allowed to damage a real ride."

mariba
28-07-2015, 10:02
I surely hope Ross won't die..
Lots of characters have motives to kill each other at the moment..I wish Robert would go-for good!

mariba
28-07-2015, 10:02
Lots of characters have motives to kill each other at the moment..I wish Robert would go-for good!

tammyy2j
28-07-2015, 12:12

I don't want Robert or Ross to die

I know Robert is a villain but Ryan is doing a great job so hope he sticks around

Chrissie, Lachlan, Adam or Andy would be no loss to me

suzewebb
28-07-2015, 14:58
Jai megan rachel still alive as mentioned in following weeks listings

Sheeratty
28-07-2015, 15:24
As are Bob, Layla, Brenda, Vanessa, Belle, Kirin, Archie, Paddy and Marlon.

I reckon Bartons/Dingles are the likely deaths.

Sheeratty
28-07-2015, 15:24
Double post

kiwigirl
29-07-2015, 10:35
[QUOTE=Sheeratty;826562]As are Bob, Layla, Brenda, Vanessa, Belle, Kirin, Archie, Paddy and Marlon.

Grrr Why are they keeping Brenda, Vanessa, Bell or Layla, should have all been kill off.

maidmarian
29-07-2015, 11:28
[QUOTE=Sheeratty;826562]As are Bob, Layla, Brenda, Vanessa, Belle, Kirin, Archie, Paddy and Marlon.

Grrr Why are they keeping Brenda, Vanessa, Bell or Layla, should have all been kill off.

Theres a lot NOT mentioned -so far!

All the Bartons
All Dingles except Belle
The Whites
Diane Val Eric Rodney Sandy Edna
Andy Robert Aaron
Ashley Laurel Doug Harriett Rhoda
Dan Kerry Ruby Ali.
and several more inc children not
members of family groups above.

Mostly those who viewers are interested
to know if victim or not.!!

Its a lot more than 7 potential victims
- so plenty to pick from- thats if we have actually
heard of them all.!!

Still a lot of Hype to come?!

A morbid? - do actors get a mention if
their only appesrance that week is in
e.g. A mortuary?

maidmarian
29-07-2015, 11:28
Dupl

mariba
29-07-2015, 11:39

Yes, Brenda absolutely the one who should be killed off. Belle-no way!!! I also like Vanessa and Layla, but they don't matter too much to me..I just wished Vanessa's baby secret would be revealed and if she dies, it will never come out..

lizann
30-07-2015, 23:30
think eric or val are dying for real

tammyy2j
31-07-2015, 21:45
think eric or val are dying for real

Yes I think Val and Ruby both will die as they are featured quite a lot lately and now with Ruby going back to her calling as a carer or nursing

tammyy2j
31-07-2015, 21:45

mariba
31-07-2015, 23:20
I agree that val and ruby will go.. And also maybe Dan?..

lizann
31-07-2015, 23:29
I agree that val and ruby will go.. And also maybe Dan?..

joanie too

Perdita
01-08-2015, 04:45
Emmerdale producer Kate Oates has explained her decision to kill off characters in next week's dramatic episodes, insisting that it is not about sensationalism.

The ITV soap is lining up one of its biggest ever stunts next week as a helicopter crashes into the village hall where Pete Barton and Debbie Dingle's wedding celebrations are taking place.

Although viewers will have to tune in to see who fails to survive the tragedy, bosses have confirmed that several characters' lives will be changed dramatically as a result.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event, Oates explained: "It always needs to be story-led really. I think for the audience to really invest in something it has to be story-led and character-led.

"It is not a decision you ever make lightly and I think if you are going to lose characters and you are going to lose them in a highly emotional situation like that, then you need to make sure they are actors who can carry that kind of performance."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x364/emmerdale_embargo_sat_02.jpg
A helicopter crashes into the village hall in Emmerdale
© ITV
A helicopter crashes into the village hall

She continued: "It's about giving someone the role who can carry it off. People need to care and the audience need to care - there is that saying 'kill your darlings', and if you lose characters that no one cares about then it is a waste.

"It is a carefully considered discussion and we all sit around - the writers and my bosses as well - and have a proper conversation about who we want to lose and why, and who we can afford to lose."

Oates admitted that there will be a long journey ahead for the characters who survive the drama, especially those who are left grieving for loved ones.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x412/emmerdale_embargo_sat_03.jpg
© ITV

She said: "It's not about whether the show is doing well or badly, but it is about something having a consequence. Drama has to have consequence, good storylines will always provoke change and nothing is more life-changing than these sometimes fatal moments and they make people see their own lives differently.

"Often it is not about those that are killed but about those who are left behind and how their lives change as a result - that is one of the oldest rules of storytelling.

"If you are going to have a big event like this and people remain unscathed then you kind of have to question why you did it - it means it is more of a stunt and it's a bang."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x351/emmerdale_embargo_sat_04.jpg
© ITV

Praising next week's huge episodes, Oates added: "What I like about these episodes is that we have lots of events over five episodes. They are very pacey, there is always something to see and there is always different precincts where there are things going on and different people at risk.

"It is not about just killing people for sensationalism. I think the audience are sophisticated enough to know that's a futile exercise and they won't be rewarded watching that.

"It is about finding something that is story-led and making sure that the people who are left behind can carry a good, emotional story afterwards."

Emmerdale launches its disaster week on Monday, August 3 at 7pm on ITV.

Perdita
01-08-2015, 04:48
Emmerdale has confirmed that its upcoming explosive stunt will involve a helicopter crashing into the village hall.

The ITV soap is lining up one of its biggest ever stunts in unmissable scenes next week, but the details surrounding the exact nature of the incident have been kept under wraps until now.

Dramatic pictures show the tragedy unfolding on Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding day, which will also see Debbie's affair with Ross finally exposed.

As Pete (Anthony Quinlan) proudly tells his bride Debbie that he has booked a surprise helicopter to whisk them away, a heated row will escalate outside between Chrissie Sugden and her cheating husband Robert, who are currently involved in a love triangle of their own.

Chrissie will then set light to Robert's prized car but the fire will quickly get out of control, causing a stack of gas canisters to explode just as the arriving helicopter passes.

Chrissie and Robert can do nothing but look on in horror as the two collide, causing the helicopter to hurtle on a doomed trajectory towards the village hall, where the unsuspecting wedding party are celebrating.

The upcoming drama is being promoted as one of Emmerdale's biggest and most dramatic storylines to date, but viewers will have to tune in to see which characters make it out alive and who will meet their end.

Emmerdale launches its disaster week on Monday, August 3 at 7pm on ITV.

So Chrissie and Robert will be safe !

Perdita
01-08-2015, 04:50
It's not just Emmerdale's helicopter crash which impresses in the stunt stakes next week - fans will also see Ross Barton take a potentially-deadly plunge over a cliff.

The village's bad boy finds himself in terrible trouble when Cain Dingle abducts him on the day of Debbie and Pete's wedding, keen to ensure that he doesn't have the opportunity to ruin the big day.

Cain knocks Ross unconscious, ties his feet and hands together and bundles him into the back of a van. Not one to do things by halves, Cain then drives the vehicle off to the edge of a cliff and abandons Ross there.

It doesn't take too long for Ross to force open the back door of the locked van, but when he is unable to manoeuvre his way to safety, he is left with no choice but to risk his life by diving downwards into the deep water below.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event, Michael Parr - who plays Ross - laughed: "I mithered our producer Kate Oates for weeks and weeks to let me do that stunt myself, and I'm ashamed to say that it wasn't me! I did a little bit of it, but I didn't do the fall itself. Maybe they couldn't get the money to insure my hair!

"I don't know what I was thinking because I'm actually terrified of heights. I was in Paris the other week and part of the Eiffel Tower has a glass floor. I just couldn't walk on it - I was shaking, drooling and holding onto something!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/30/618x397/soaps-emmerdale-7252-53-23.jpg
What's next for Ross?
© ITV
Ross's predicament in Emmerdale next week

He added: "If Kate had let me have my own way, we might have got up there to do the stunt and I'd have said I couldn't do it! It was so high up and the water was 20 metres deep. I did scenes in the water and it was pretty cold, so I'll remember that for a while!"

Emmerdale will air Ross's fall in Tuesday's unmissable hour-long episode at 7pm on ITV.

Serena Williams
01-08-2015, 05:06
This confirms it is about popularity I think. I still will wait to see if any of the more important charters will die. Nobody cared about Dan or Kerry or Sam. I think Victoria is going to die she is not a lead but she is a well known character connected to the leads.

Serena Williams
01-08-2015, 05:11
Same for Jai.

Robert is too important to the show he is not going anywhere.

Serena Williams
01-08-2015, 05:13
[QUOTE=kiwigirl;826616]

All the Bartons
All Dingles except Belle
The Whites
Andy Robert Aaron
Dan Kerry Ruby Ali.

heard of them all.!!

e.g. A mortuary?

Killing off seven characters seems a bit too high but you never know.

Serena Williams
01-08-2015, 05:13
[QUOTE=kiwigirl;826616]

All the Bartons
All Dingles except Belle
The Whites
Andy Robert Aaron
Dan Kerry Ruby Ali.

heard of them all.!!

e.g. A mortuary?

Killing off seven characters seems a bit too high but you never know.

Perdita
01-08-2015, 05:28
Their rocky relationship hit an all-time low last week, but could there still be a future for Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden as a couple?

We asked Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates about the pair's popular storyline at a press event yesterday, keen to know where things are heading next after the mayhem of their dramatic episodes at the holiday cottage.

Robert and Aaron's story has earned itself a vocal 'Robron' fanbase who want the pair back together, but Aaron has recently vowed to keep his distance from the villain after seeing how dangerous he can be.

Quizzed on whether the 'Robron' reaction has affected the direction of their future storylines, Oates told Digital Spy: "Yes and no - it's nice to know there's an appetite for it. Obviously if nobody wanted it, that would affect how we went! There's an element of teasing it, I guess - if people want it, maybe we'll hold off on it a little bit.

"I couldn't be happier with the chemistry between Ryan Hawley and Danny Miller. We knew when we were bringing Robert back to the show that he'd be having this secret relationship with Aaron, but you can never really tell how it will go until you put two people in front of the camera and see what happens."

She continued: "I think they've both played it brilliantly. I completely believe their relationship and when I saw the first kiss between them, I just thought that it couldn't go any better.

"I'm really happy with it, so the audience investing in it is definitely something that I listen to. I'm really glad that it's gone that way. It's taken me by surprise, really, the whole cult of 'Robron'!"

Next week's Emmerdale episodes will see Robert once again beg his estranged wife Chrissie to take him back, but she refuses to forgive him and vengefully sets fire to his beloved car at the scrapyard.

This leads to carnage as the fire sparks off a devastating chain of events, causing a helicopter to crash into Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding reception at the village hall.

On the future for Robert and Chrissie, Oates added: "I think that Chrissie's feelings for Robert were very genuine and I think that Robert had genuine feelings for her too. The performance that Ryan gives in next week's episodes where he's begging Chrissie to take him back shows that he really genuinely does have a depth of feeling for Chrissie. Whether it's as strong as his feelings for Aaron remains to be seen!

"Chrissie is definitely vulnerable after the helicopter crash and she's definitely going to have a swell of opinion against her. I would say that Robert might come in useful for her sometimes, but ultimately she may indirectly blame him for getting her into that state in the first place - I know I would!"

There you go, Serena, should make you happy

kiwigirl
01-08-2015, 13:51
Does anyone else believe that Adam dies as a result of Chrissie setting Roberts car on fire and then Robert helps her to cover it up, only to blackmail her into giving him another chance?

maidmarian
01-08-2015, 14:42
Does anyone else believe that Adam dies as a result of Chrissie setting Roberts car on fire and then Robert helps her to cover it up, only to blackmail her into giving him another chance?

Im hoping so. Not too sure it will
happen. Youve given a good storyline
for it too happen.And Robert does
want another chance!!

maidmarian
01-08-2015, 14:42
Dupl

Kim
01-08-2015, 17:11

I haven't thought of Adam as a possibility so far but he is one I would love to see the back of. It could open up a good story for Moira where she clings to Vanessa's baby but is then further devastated when she discovers that it isn't Adam's.

There was an interview or something where it was said that it might not be the end of Robert and Aaron, so I guess they're safe - unless the actor(s) is/are bluffing.

mariba
01-08-2015, 17:40
I read somewhere too that Ross survives-I hope it's true.
I'm not interested of Aaron or Robert, both could go-Adam? yeah, why not? Just sad for Victoria..what next for her then?

mariba
01-08-2015, 17:40
I read somewhere too that Ross survives-I hope it's true.
I'm not interested of Aaron or Robert, both could go-Adam? yeah, why not? Just sad for Victoria..what next for her then?

Perdita
01-08-2015, 17:54
Charley Webb in tears watching helicopter episode
Emmerdale star Charley Webb has revealed she broke down in tears while watching her character's wedding day end in disaster with a helicopter crash which will kill more than one character in the soap.
The 27-year-old actress admitted she found the dramatic episodes "very emotional" as she watched the chopper smash into the village hall, where the wedding reception was being held, after her alter-ego Debbie tied the knot to Pete Barton (Anthony Quinlan).
She said: "I sobbed. I really cried, I found it very, very emotional.
"You film this kind of thing for months and months and months and it's such a build up."
Charley also revealed Debbie had six wedding dresses throughout the course of filming the dramatic scenes, and she admitted it was "tough" to see some of the characters get killed off.

www.mirror.co.uk

mariba
01-08-2015, 19:16
joanie too

So..Val, Ruby, Dan, Joanie, Adam..maybe Sandy or Edna? And one child? I hope little Kyle doesn't. Why was Belle and Zack insisting bringing him to the wedding?..

mariba
01-08-2015, 19:17
joanie too

So..Val, Ruby, Dan, Joanie, Adam..maybe Sandy or Edna? And one child? I hope little Kyle doesn't. Why was Belle and Zack insisting bringing him to the wedding?..

Perdita
01-08-2015, 19:26
He is Debbie´s brother so should be at the wedding!

lizann
01-08-2015, 20:36

think the child who dies could be noah

lizann
01-08-2015, 20:36

think the child who dies could be noah

Kim
01-08-2015, 21:17
Has it been confirmed that a child dies or is it just speculation?

Perdita
01-08-2015, 21:22
I think it is speculation, not seen anything confirmed, only that there will be several casualties

Perdita
02-08-2015, 05:54
Meanwhile, new Emmerdale pictures show the deadly danger ahead for Adam Barton in the soap's upcoming disaster week.

Adam (Adam Thomas) finds himself in a perilous situation at the scrapyard when he ends up caught in the crossfire between warring couple Robert and Chrissie Sugden.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x423/soaps-emmerdale-adam-fire-1.png
A fire creeps closer to Adam
© ITV
A fire creeps closer to Adam

The drama plays out on the day of Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding, which sees Rhona and Victoria both confront Adam over his attitude towards pregnant Vanessa.

Under pressure to accept responsibility for his unborn child, Adam skips the wedding celebrations and drowns his sorrows at The Woolpack before later falling asleep in a car at the scrapyard.

As Adam sleeps off his drunken state, there's a furious showdown between the Sugdens nearby as Chrissie vengefully sets fire to Robert's beloved car.

Tackling the blaze proves tricky for a horrified Robert and it soon gets out of control, creeping close to some gas canisters that stand right next to the car which Adam is sleeping in. Is it the end for Adam Barton?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/31/618x432/soaps-emmerdale-adam-fire-2.png
Adam realises he's in serious trouble
© ITV
Adam realises he's in serious trouble

Emmerdale airs these scenes in an hour-long episode on Tuesday, August 4 at 7pm on ITV.

Perdita
02-08-2015, 06:03
Just when we thought we couldn't be more excited about Emmerdale's upcoming disaster week, brand new pictures have been revealed showing the extent of the devastation.

The show launches one of the biggest weeks in its history on Monday (August 3) as Debbie Dingle and Pete Barton's wedding day goes horribly wrong.

Emmerdale's sensational storyline sees a helicopter crash into the wedding reception at the village hall after Chrissie Sugden sparks a devastating chain of events by vengefully setting fire to Robert's car.

The first newly-released picture shows the moment that the helicopter hits the building, hurtling through Debbie and Pete's party and causing carnage all round.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/31/618x411/soaps-emmerdale-helicopter-crash-1.png
A helicopter crashes into Debbie and Pete's wedding reception
© ITV
A helicopter crashes into the wedding reception

Moira Dingle will manage to get herself to safety in the tense aftermath of the accident, but when the emergency services arrive on the scene, she is banned from re-entering the devastated building to help others.

Poor Moira appears distraught in one of the sneak preview pictures - could this mean that someone close to her is still in jeopardy?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/31/618x410/soaps-emmerdale-moira-dingle-held-back.png
Moira is held back by the police
© ITV
Moira is held back by the police

Finally, two more eye-catching pictures show a huge explosion and fireball at the village hall once the helicopter has hit.

The blast looks set to cause further death and destruction in the village, topping off a week of drama that viewers won't forget in a hurry.
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/31/618x346/soaps-emmerdale-wedding-explosion-1.png
The village hall explodes
© ITV
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/31/618x345/soaps-emmerdale-wedding-explosion-2.png
© ITV

Show producers have confirmed that regular characters will be killed off in the unmissable week of episodes, but their identities are remaining a closely-guarded secret until transmission.

Emmerdale kicks off its big week on Monday, August 3 at 7pm on ITV.

mariba
02-08-2015, 08:34
I think it is speculation, not seen anything confirmed, only that there will be several casualties

Yes pure speculation from me anyway :) It's just that killing off 7 main characters feels bit too many..so wondering whether one or two of them might be not so significant ones..like one child, one oldie character..?
I'm quite certain now that Adam will go.
The actress who plays Debbie said that she felt emotional watching some characters being killed off..I fear now that either Zack or Lisa will die..:(

mariba
02-08-2015, 08:34

Yes pure speculation from me anyway :) It's just that killing off 7 main characters feels bit too many..so wondering whether one or two of them might be not so significant ones..like one child, one oldie character..?
I'm quite certain now that Adam will go.
The actress who plays Debbie said that she felt emotional watching some characters being killed off..I fear now that either Zack or Lisa will die..:(

Sheeratty
02-08-2015, 09:48
Lisa's not in the cast list for next week. Must be an issue with the actress as Lisa is meant to be in the village but she hasn't been seen in ages. I don't think Zak dies as I believe that is him with the grey hair in one of the pics above (with Joanie and Moira). Personally I think Cain or Chas dies.

Kim
02-08-2015, 09:58
I don't think they'd kill Cain off, but Chas is very possible. Chrissie's actions cause the explosion I believe so imagine Aaron's guilt if Chas were to die.

mariba
02-08-2015, 10:07
I really don't want to believe that Cain would be killed off..surely not??!
I just can't wait next week! Never been like this with any soap or TV programme..well-maybe Twin Peaks years ago ;)

mariba
02-08-2015, 10:07
I really don't want to believe that Cain would be killed off..surely not??!
I just can't wait next week! Never been like this with any soap or TV programme..well-maybe Twin Peaks years ago ;)

Sheeratty
02-08-2015, 10:18
I really think they might. Ever since the producers said they would be killing off big characters people care about I thought of Cain, or possibly Chas. They are making too big a deal of Adam/Ross being in danger so it won't be them and so many others are being ruled out by spoilers, pictures or interviews (Pete, Andy, Robert etc). Chas and Cain are the only big characters not accounted for that are in the building whos death would have a massive impact.

mariba
02-08-2015, 10:46
yeah..but Cain=Emmerdale. He's THAT big! I for one wouldn't see the point watching it anymore after that, he would be too huge loss.
The same as Deirdre now in Corrie. Not the same at all..Of course the sad thing is that in that case it wasn't only the character that died..:(

mariba
02-08-2015, 10:46
yeah..but Cain=Emmerdale. He's THAT big! I for one wouldn't see the point watching it anymore after that, he would be too huge loss.
The same as Deirdre now in Corrie. Not the same at all..Of course the sad thing is that in that case it wasn't only the character that died..:(

lizann
02-08-2015, 14:17

this does seem very possible

lizann
02-08-2015, 14:26
don't think cain is dying more likely zak or lisa

leannlewis641
02-08-2015, 14:30
Not even considered cain being killed off i just think it would be a huge mistake cain is the biggest character on emmerdale, i think i would be put off watching it without cain. I think adam with die and maybe chas

maidmarian
02-08-2015, 14:49
Has anyone heard if theres been much betting
on who.the victims are.

Weve all got our own opinions ( quite varied
and strongly held) on this forum. But not
seen/read much speculation elsewhere.
But not on Twitter etc!

maidmarian
02-08-2015, 14:49
Dupl

Kim
02-08-2015, 15:36
Has anyone heard if theres been much betting
on who.the victims are.

Weve all got our own opinions ( quite varied
and strongly held) on this forum. But not
seen/read much speculation elsewhere.
But not on Twitter etc!

I just had a look on oddschecker and it seems not, online anyway. I've never been in a bookies but I'd imagine they're taking bets in shops - I heard there were odds on this being the hottest August so it seems they take bets on anything!

lizann
02-08-2015, 15:41
really wanted chrissie to die

maidmarian
02-08-2015, 17:11
I just had a look on oddschecker and it seems not, online anyway. I've never been in a bookies but I'd imagine they're taking bets in shops - I heard there were odds on this being the hottest August so it seems they take bets on anything!

I wondered because they were such a lot of
bets on" who killed Lucy" and rumours of leaks
and large amounts being placed.

Probably not same interest nationally in ED as
in EE!
Thanks very much for looking !

maidmarian
02-08-2015, 17:11
Dupl

Kim
02-08-2015, 18:23
I wondered because they were such a lot of
bets on" who killed Lucy" and rumours of leaks
and large amounts being placed.

Probably not same interest nationally in ED as
in EE!
Thanks very much for looking !

That's ok.

I'd also say that a "Whodunnit" is more gripping than just "Who dies?" The former is probably much more likely to attract bets from casual or even first time gamblers. Lucy in particular was a special case as the daughter of the only original character and as the only character to be born, grow up and die on the show.

leannlewis641
02-08-2015, 20:55
I think maybe joanie will die they could of bought her back with this in mind to open they way for cain and kyle storyline

Kim
02-08-2015, 21:39
I think maybe joanie will die they could of bought her back with this in mind to open they way for cain and kyle storyline

I think that's pretty much a certainty. There's a pattern in soaps of abandoned children being reunited with their blood parents. It would also give Kerry something else to do should Dan perish.

It's a shame as I really enjoy Joanie's scenes with Belle.

tammyy2j
02-08-2015, 22:09
It might be a good idea to merge this thread with Emmerdale Clear out thread

Cheetah
03-08-2015, 00:35
Most of the villagers gather round the injured at the hospital, but someone is putting a lifeless body into the boot of a car......

That could be Cain putting Ross in the back of the van he parks on the cliff top. If it's Adam either Chrissie or Robert must have got another car - Robert's is burnt out. And why move Adam - he got caught in an accident. I reckon it's Ross and Cain doesn't know whether he got out alive or drowned in the river - just a thought. I also think it's Adam who's dead - in the bodybag.

Perdita
03-08-2015, 05:54
Emmerdale kicks off a must-watch week of drama tonight (August 3) as Ross Barton ruins his brother Pete's stag party.

As Pete and his friends gather for a few drinks at The Woolpack before a night on the town, Ross (Michael Parr) casts a shadow over the happy occasion as he watches on jealously.

Ross is already bitter that Debbie Dingle has chosen Pete over him, but the final straw comes when their father James gives Pete his grandfather's prized watch as a gift.

There are fireworks when Ross interprets this as a snub towards him and reacts badly, causing Cain to step in and tell him to leave. Not keen to go quietly, Ross plays one of his ace cards by revealing himself as baby Moses's father in front of the whole pub...
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/31/618x408/soaps-emmerdale-confronts-ross.jpg
Cain steps in as Ross makes a scene
© ITV
Cain steps in as Ross makes a scene

Emmerdale airs at 7pm on ITV.

Perdita
03-08-2015, 13:32
Emmerdale has been criticised for its upcoming helicopter stunt, with a member of the Clutha Trust charity branding it "very insensitive".

The ITV soap is preparing to air its biggest scenes of the year this week as a helicopter crashes into the village hall on Debbie and Pete's wedding day.

However, the upcoming storyline has sparked controversy due to its similarities to a real-life helicopter crash tragedy in Glasgow in 2013 that claimed 10 lives at Clutha Vaults in the city.

Billy Coyle from Clutha Trust - which was set up to support young people in music projects - has said that relatives of victims had contacted him due to anxiety over the storyline.

Speaking to the Evening Times, Coyle branded the plot "insensitive", saying: "I've had survivors and family members say they are dreading it. The producers didn't even speak to anyone in the Clutha to let them know it was happening."

"It was just a week ago we opened the Clutha, and it's still raw. A lot of the family members and survivors were sitting there together and that was very brave of them to come back to the Clutha.

"Now this has come along and the families are contacting me to say they don't know how they'll cope."

Kerry McGhee, whose father Samuel lost his life in the crash, signed a petition calling for the Emmerdale storyline to be axed.

Speaking about the petition, she said: "I'm signing because my father was killed in this accident and I find it disgusting that people want to use it as a storyline."

Emmerdale producer Kate Oates acknowledged the similarities to the Glasgow tragedy at a press event last week, but insisted that the decision to air the plot was considered carefully.

"Editorially, whenever you're looking at any storyline or any potential disaster scenario, you have to do it very carefully," she explained.

"We were really careful to show what the cause of this disaster is. It's set up in a scrapyard, it's a marital dispute and it's a gas canister that explodes , so it's a chain of events.

"It was something we considered, but our intention is always to entertain people, to give them a good story, to thrill them, and to upset them in some ways.

"But it would never be our intention to mimic something like that, so we kept it very deliberately far apart. It's not something that we were concerned about because we made the decision very carefully."

[I]The problem is that any storyline will have happened in real life at some time ...

mariba
03-08-2015, 14:42
Suddenly I just got this bad feeling that Ross will die..I don't know why.
I was thinking that if he got killed, Debbie would feel really guilty and when she found out her dad was the one who caused his death, she wouldn't forgive him easily.
Also-Bartons would have a little Moses as a reminder of him.
I would absolutely hate to see him go though...

We just have to wait and see what happens.

mariba
03-08-2015, 14:42
Suddenly I just got this bad feeling that Ross will die..I don't know why.
I was thinking that if he got killed, Debbie would feel really guilty and when she found out her dad was the one who caused his death, she wouldn't forgive him easily.
Also-Bartons would have a little Moses as a reminder of him.
I would absolutely hate to see him go though...

We just have to wait and see what happens.

Debzyg
03-08-2015, 14:46
They should kill off Emma Barton the psycho!!

And James the nause can go with her!

Perdita
03-08-2015, 14:49

Emma won´t be killed .. spoiler says she will become a darker character still so maybe James dies and she takes it bad as no chance of getting him back ever then ..

mariba
03-08-2015, 15:11
Or Finn?.. I read somewhere that Finn goes..
Either Ross or Finn, they just can't both go.
Nothing about Paddy or Rhona..

My final guess for 7 is : Val, Ruby, Joanie(sadly..), Dan, Adam, Alicia and Finn or Ross..And how about the helicopter pilot? Quite obvious that he dies.
Now I'm going to shut off and watch...

mariba
03-08-2015, 15:11
Or Finn?.. I read somewhere that Finn goes..
Either Ross or Finn, they just can't both go.
Nothing about Paddy or Rhona..

My final guess for 7 is : Val, Ruby, Joanie(sadly..), Dan, Adam, Alicia and Finn or Ross..And how about the helicopter pilot? Quite obvious that he dies.
Now I'm going to shut off and watch...

maidmarian
03-08-2015, 15:56

Agreed 1,000% Debzyg
Tho I feel obliged,in fairness ,to say that
the actor who plays James has been
better in other parts.