PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale Spoilers 3rd to 7th of August 2015 - Big Disaster Crash Clearout

Pages : 1 [2]

maidmarian
03-08-2015, 15:56
They should kill off Emma Barton the psycho!!

And James the nause can go with her!

Agreed 1,000% Debzyg
Tho I feel obliged,in fairness ,to say that
the actor who plays James has been
better in other parts.

Kim
03-08-2015, 16:02
I haven't put in my guesses yet.

Joanie, Chas, Ruby, Alicia, Rachel.

I think Val will die in the coming weeks but not this week. Perhaps later in hospital as a result of injuries sustained.

I think James is more likely than any of the boys for some reason.

I don't believe that it'll be as many as 7, but we shall see.

maidmarian
03-08-2015, 16:59
Emma won´t be killed .. spoiler says she will become a darker character still so maybe James dies and she takes it bad as no chance of getting him back ever then ..

You are probably right Perdita - sadly- in
this case. Producers can no doubt see more
mileage in the character. But just too
pantomimey for me. Tho no doubt others
will like the character.I prefer that characters
who are meant to be evil -play the part
in a more restrained way- find that more
chilling.!

Sheeratty
03-08-2015, 18:38
My final guesses are...Cain (or Chas), Ruby and James.

Can't see more than two or three deaths.

Sheeratty
03-08-2015, 18:38
double post

Kim
03-08-2015, 19:07
"Joanie might be sticking around" ... that has to be the final nail in the coffin.

lizann
03-08-2015, 19:45
is lisa missing the wedding?

LizzyBizzy
03-08-2015, 20:47
I'm assuming Moira survives, but loses either Cain or Adam judging by the photo in this link: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a661466/emmerdales-helicopter-plot-branded-insensitive-by-clutha-trust-member-after-glasgow-crash.html#~pkktDy0Z90YrOv

PS. Are we allowed to post DS posts here? Sorry if it's against any rules.

Kim
03-08-2015, 20:50
I think I would stop watching the show if they killed Cain off and kept Adam. He annoys me.

tammyy2j
03-08-2015, 21:08
I'm assuming Moira survives, but loses either Cain or Adam judging by the photo in this link: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a661466/emmerdales-helicopter-plot-branded-insensitive-by-clutha-trust-member-after-glasgow-crash.html#~pkktDy0Z90YrOv

PS. Are we allowed to post DS posts here? Sorry if it's against any rules.

I think Moira is upset as Cain is still inside the debris, I don't think Cain is being killed off

maidmarian
03-08-2015, 21:19
I think I would stop watching the show if they killed Cain off and kept Adam. He annoys me.

I dont think theyll kill Cain!!
But a lot of people feel as you do about
Adam-including me!

maidmarian
03-08-2015, 21:19

Adam-including me!

Debzyg
03-08-2015, 21:54
Emma won´t be killed .. spoiler says she will become a darker character still so maybe James dies and she takes it bad as no chance of getting him back ever then ..

Yeah I know the witch gets to stay around longer! I was majorly frustrated when I read spoilers saying she was still alive and kicking! Lol

Hey ho, well I'm pretty sure they don't kill off Cain so I'm happy still I guess, he's my fave. Has me in stitches lol

Debzyg
03-08-2015, 21:59

Not fussed about Adam but I'd be devastated if they did kill Cain off. He's the best character in the show (in my opinion). Not sure I'd carry on watching either. And I know my boyf wouldn't! He hates soaps but only watches Emmerdale because he thinks Cain is funny! In fact his only question when I told him about the plot was "er Cain doesn't die does he??"

Kim
03-08-2015, 22:06
Adam-including me!

It was quite strange last year as people only seemed to despise James, but as soon as Adam was revealed to be his son, hate of him magnified!

tammyy2j
03-08-2015, 22:25
Why hasn't Pete asked Adam to be part of his wedding?

Kim
03-08-2015, 22:38
Why hasn't Pete asked Adam to be part of his wedding?

I don't think they have accepted Adam as a brother yet. He was at the stag though because he made a comment when Ross referred to him as James's dirty little secret. Not quite sure why they haven't accepted him seeing as they don't have much time for the injured party (Emma) in that situation. I guess they feel let down by James/that they don't know him and Adam serves as a reminder of the fact.

Being the most reasonable of the three, it's surprising that Finn hasn't made an effort. Even more so now that Adam is married to his best friend.

tammyy2j
03-08-2015, 23:03
I don't think they have accepted Adam as a brother yet. He was at the stag though because he made a comment when Ross referred to him as James's dirty little secret. Not quite sure why they haven't accepted him seeing as they don't have much time for the injured party (Emma) in that situation. I guess they feel let down by James/that they don't know him and Adam serves as a reminder of the fact.

Being the most reasonable of the three, it's surprising that Finn hasn't made an effort. Even more so now that Adam is married to his best friend.

I thought Pete and Finn would have by now especially as Pete works on Moira's farm

alan45
04-08-2015, 00:46
The next few days will tell the tale. I for one would not be surprised that the producers have thrown a few red herrings into the spoilers. I still live in hope they kill off the gawdawful Chrissie Sugden:sick::wall::angry:

lizann
04-08-2015, 00:52
The next few days will tell the tale. I for one would not be surprised that the producers have thrown a few red herrings into the spoilers. I still live in hope they kill off the gawdawful Chrissie Sugden:sick::wall::angry:

yes id be happy for chrissie death too

lizann
04-08-2015, 00:52

yes id be happy for chrissie death too

Perdita
04-08-2015, 04:44
Debbie Dingle's life will hang in the balance on Emmerdale this week as her wedding day goes tragically wrong.

Shock new pictures show Debbie (Charley Webb) left trapped and unconscious at her wedding reception after a horrifying accident on her big day.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/32/618x411/soaps-emmerdale-debbie-dingle-danger-1.jpg
Debbie lies trapped in debris
© ITV
Debbie lies trapped in debris

Debbie and Pete Barton's celebration at the village hall sets the stage for one of Emmerdale's biggest ever storylines as a helicopter goes crashing into the building, causing carnage and chaos all round.

Chrissie Sugden is responsible for the accident as she vengefully sets fire to Robert's car at the scrapyard. This sparks a terrible chain of events as a nearby stack of gas canisters explode and hit a helicopter flying above.

The crash leaves Debbie as one of the unluckier victims as she is covered in debris and loses consciousness.

Debbie's father Cain (Jeff Hordley) and new husband Pete (Anthony Quinlan) team up to carry her out of the damaged building, but her future is far from certain as she continues to fight for her life. Will Debbie pull through?

Cain and Pete carry Debbie out
© ITV
Cain and Pete carry Debbie out
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/32/618x435/soaps-emmerdale-debbie-dingle-danger-3.jpg
Will Debbie be okay?
© ITV
Will Debbie be okay?

Emmerdale airs the helicopter crash in an hour-long episode tonight (August 4) at 7pm on ITV.

Serena Williams
04-08-2015, 06:05

Chrissie is not dying the actress got a new one year contract.

Serena Williams
04-08-2015, 06:05

alan45
04-08-2015, 09:59

Hopefully this is one of the red herrings I was talking about. She could not act her way out of a wet paper bag. As I said before she makes Linda Lusardi look like an Oscar winner

uberfan
04-08-2015, 10:27
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184162/ITV-slammed-families-Clutha-disaster-victims-disrespectful-insensitive-Emmerdale-helicopter-crash-storyline.html

Kirsty007
04-08-2015, 10:30
Surely it'll be people who are already leaving
Alisha (meaning Jacob can stay)
Val
& then maybe people like Ruby & Sandy who don't have big storylines and Joanie so then they have a storyline of what happens to Kyle.

We know who it's not from spoilers but I can't imagine they will lose anyone big & Chrissie is in the middle of the affair storyline so won't be her.

Kirsty007
04-08-2015, 10:30
Surely it'll be people who are already leaving
Alisha (meaning Jacob can stay)
Val
& then maybe people like Ruby & Sandy who don't have big storylines and Joanie so then they have a storyline of what happens to Kyle.

We know who it's not from spoilers but I can't imagine they will lose anyone big & Chrissie is in the middle of the affair storyline so won't be her.

kiwigirl
04-08-2015, 11:03
Emmerdale has been criticised for its upcoming helicopter stunt, with a member of the Clutha Trust charity branding it "very insensitive".

The ITV soap is preparing to air its biggest scenes of the year this week as a helicopter crashes into the village hall on Debbie and Pete's wedding day.

However, the upcoming storyline has sparked controversy due to its similarities to a real-life helicopter crash tragedy in Glasgow in 2013 that claimed 10 lives at Clutha Vaults in the city.

Billy Coyle from Clutha Trust - which was set up to support young people in music projects - has said that relatives of victims had contacted him due to anxiety over the storyline.

Speaking to the Evening Times, Coyle branded the plot "insensitive", saying: "I've had survivors and family members say they are dreading it. The producers didn't even speak to anyone in the Clutha to let them know it was happening."

"It was just a week ago we opened the Clutha, and it's still raw. A lot of the family members and survivors were sitting there together and that was very brave of them to come back to the Clutha.

"Now this has come along and the families are contacting me to say they don't know how they'll cope."

Kerry McGhee, whose father Samuel lost his life in the crash, signed a petition calling for the Emmerdale storyline to be axed.

Speaking about the petition, she said: "I'm signing because my father was killed in this accident and I find it disgusting that people want to use it as a storyline."

Emmerdale producer Kate Oates acknowledged the similarities to the Glasgow tragedy at a press event last week, but insisted that the decision to air the plot was considered carefully.

"Editorially, whenever you're looking at any storyline or any potential disaster scenario, you have to do it very carefully," she explained.

"We were really careful to show what the cause of this disaster is. It's set up in a scrapyard, it's a marital dispute and it's a gas canister that explodes , so it's a chain of events.

"It was something we considered, but our intention is always to entertain people, to give them a good story, to thrill them, and to upset them in some ways.

"But it would never be our intention to mimic something like that, so we kept it very deliberately far apart. It's not something that we were concerned about because we made the decision very carefully."

[I]The problem is that any storyline will have happened in real life at some time ...

Kate Oates your an idiot. You should have at least warned the victims families of this up and coming storyline well in advance. You should have taking into account that losing their loved ones, in such tragic circumstances would cause an upset. Thats not entertainment for me, using real peoples grief just to get ratings sweetie.

Sheeratty
04-08-2015, 11:11
Radio Times has a cast list out for next week.

Cain, Aaron, Val, Ross, Debbie and Ruby are the main ones missing (except the children)

Don't know how accurate it is though but deaths likely to be those.

Perdita
04-08-2015, 11:23
Seen a picture where Cain and Pete are carrying an unconscious Debbie out of the building .. unless they come to harm should the building collapse, they should survive ..I can see Alicia, James and Val dying and hope that the number of fatalities is not as high as rumoured at moment :(

Sheeratty
04-08-2015, 11:43
I really hope its not Cain - love his relationships with Debbie, Moira etc. I wish nobody was dying actually as the cast is strong right now. Pretty sure though that there will be 2/3 victims.:(

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 11:57
Kate Oates your an idiot. You should have at least warned the victims families of this up and coming storyline well in advance. You should have taking into account that losing their loved ones, in such tragic circumstances would cause an upset. Thats not entertainment for me, using real peoples grief just to get ratings sweetie.

This is a very specific type of accident .
The eventd at Clutha are quite recent and the
community are starting to recover. Then this!

Also.ED have already had a plane crash ( in
a small village).albeit twenty years ago. But
still against all likely odds!!

So it does seem very inappropriate and unfeeling.
Its not like murders rapes fires car crashes -
which are still heart- breaking for victims
but do happen in large numbers sadly - so
cant realistically be excluded from Soaps.

Weve known there was to be a disaster
and loss of life for some time-but only recently
it was to be an helicopter crash- which probably
makes it worse for people involved at Clutha.

I wouldnt actually use the word idiot but
the producer is excessively self-important
and thoughtless on this occasion!(.imo)
But probably goes with job/hype/ratings
and outdoing the other Soaps!

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 11:57
Dupl

alan45
04-08-2015, 12:01
Dont forget the previously unmentioned old war hero whis found after the helter skelter colapses when struck by a low flying gas cylinder. :)

Debzyg
04-08-2015, 12:37
I'm sure I read in some spoilers somewhere that Emma and James go round looking for the injured so im not sure if James does get killed? Or I could be going mad of course! Lol

Maybe Vals pretend death becomes a reality. Kinda feel sorry for Alisha if she dies given that she already survived death by gunshot once!

mariba
I read Jeff Hordley's (Cain)interview on his illness-Crohn's disease- which he's had all his life and which his mother died from. And what a long road he's had after actual diagnosis to finally getting the balance right-with medication and diet. He was one really sick man years ago, but should be ok now. This interview was from earlier this year. I just hope he's still ok and hasn't had any re-lapse in his health.
No matter how we love our soaps and some of the characters, we also must remember that we are all just human beings with everyone having their own battles. So I'm just saying that there's more to his life too I'm sure than just being Cain.

I would miss him too, if he was killed off so I hope it's not him. But we don't know before this evening/tomorrow.

Adam will most certainly go, and I won't miss him either. As well as Finn I think, plus Val, Ruby..maybe Sandy. And Alicia, also Joanie. Ross-I'm not sure. He's a young actor too, might want to do something else..(would love to see him continue in Emmerdale though..)
I wish they would have killed off Brenda-I've never liked her.

mariba
I read Jeff Hordley's (Cain)interview on his illness-Crohn's disease- which he's had all his life and which his mother died from. And what a long road he's had after actual diagnosis to finally getting the balance right-with medication and diet. He was one really sick man years ago, but should be ok now. This interview was from earlier this year. I just hope he's still ok and hasn't had any re-lapse in his health.
No matter how we love our soaps and some of the characters, we also must remember that we are all just human beings with everyone having their own battles. So I'm just saying that there's more to his life too I'm sure than just being Cain.

I would miss him too, if he was killed off so I hope it's not him. But we don't know before this evening/tomorrow.

Adam will most certainly go, and I won't miss him either. As well as Finn I think, plus Val, Ruby..maybe Sandy. And Alicia, also Joanie. Ross-I'm not sure. He's a young actor too, might want to do something else..(would love to see him continue in Emmerdale though..)

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 12:54

Agree with your comments about Jeff Hordley, Mariba

He discussed Crohns disease and its effect on
himself and his family in an interview on morning
TV 2-3 years ago. I was very impressed by how
Matter of fact - he was about his experiences.
Has been through a great deal.

Cains always been one of my favourite characters
on ED- mainly because tho he is a bad boy - there
is light & shade to him.

But seeing the actor speak so personally made you
realise theres a lot more depth to actors etc than
the public usually sees.

And I dont want Cain to be a victim tonight either.!
One small point no one seems to have mentioned
Rhoda ( Jeffs real-life wife) in.the speculation about
who will be affected by the disaster.!?

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 12:54
Dupl

Siobhan
04-08-2015, 12:57
Was that plane crash 20 years ago??? If yes, I am so old... it was the first time I started watching Emmerdale properly. Before that it wasn't that interesting

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 13:00
Was that plane crash 20 years ago??? If yes, I am so old... it was the first time I started watching Emmerdale properly. Before that it wasn't that interesting

Actually it was 1993 Siobhan - so thats 22 yrs( eek)
Rounded it down - so it didnt seem so long.

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 13:00
Dupl

Kim
04-08-2015, 13:36
I hadn't even thought about Jacob. My logic was that they went away together so if they were going to split them up, we'd have had some hints before now that all is not well between them. They've brought Alicia back now when David has popped back previously, so I'd say that Natalie Anderson's regular contract had expired but that she agreed to a short term contract/per episode basis for the purposes of this storyline to give a fitting end to the character.

Leyla does seem to have some regrets lately about allowing her son to be raised as her nephew. Alicia's death would open up a storyline for her to get closer to him as perhaps Jacob will feel that David is too wrapped up in his grief/Amba.

We'll have to wait and see but I can't imagine them killing off two Dingles. Bogus cast lists are just one method a soap can use to throw the viewers off in this era of social media etc, where things don't stay secret like they used to. EastEnders put Emma in the cast list in an episode the week after she died in order to try and mislead.

mariba
04-08-2015, 14:34
Agree with your comments about Jeff Hordley, Mariba

He discussed Crohns disease and its effect on
himself and his family in an interview on morning
TV 2-3 years ago. I was very impressed by how
Matter of fact - he was about his experiences.
Has been through a great deal.

Cains always been one of my favourite characters
on ED- mainly because tho he is a bad boy - there
is light & shade to him.

But seeing the actor speak so personally made you
realise theres a lot more depth to actors etc than
the public usually sees.

And I dont want Cain to be a victim tonight either.!
One small point no one seems to have mentioned
Rhoda ( Jeffs real-life wife) in.the speculation about
who will be affected by the disaster.!?

You're right..Rhona could be the one to go..she doesn't really have any storyline going on at the moment. I like her together with Paddy though.

tammyy2j
04-08-2015, 15:48
Who have Debbie and Pete invited to their wedding?

All the Dingles and Bartons

Also Andy, Diane, Victoria and Paddy

Pops1951
04-08-2015, 16:18
What's on TV, has Cain mentioned in the spoilers for next week as he is questioned by the police regarding Ross.

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 16:25
What's on TV, has Cain mentioned in the spoilers for next week as he is questioned by the police regarding Ross.

Im sure quite a few people will be pleased
uve noticed that Pops 1951!!

I didnt think Cain would be a victim - but
you cant be sure!

I got a copy of that mag this morning but
havent read it yet!!

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 16:25
Dupl

Pops1951
04-08-2015, 16:37
I was relieved to see it as well. Chas also isn't a victim as she is talking about a new dark autumn storyline.

Kim
04-08-2015, 17:05
I'm sure a few of these must be red herrings but I hope the bit about Cain especially isn't one of them.

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 17:13
I was relieved to see it as well. Chas also isn't a victim as she is talking about a new dark autumn storyline.

Yes- I like Chas- tho quite a lot seem not to!
Hope both mentions of Cain & Chas turn out
to be correct!!

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 17:21
I'm sure a few of these must be red herrings but I hope the bit about Cain especially isn't one of them.

Yes - I hope the mention of Cain is correct.
They do plant misleading info when there's
a big story!

When posters started quoting characters in
cast lists appearing after disaster- I did pose
the question "Are characters/actors listed
if their only appearance is in a mortuary!"
Didnt get any answers - well suppose its
a bit morbid- but could be a way of misleading
without lying!!

We should soon start finding out what does
happen!!

maidmarian
04-08-2015, 17:21
Dupl

Kim
04-08-2015, 17:36
Yes - I hope the mention of Cain is correct.
They do plant misleading info when there's
a big story!

Didnt get any answers - well suppose its
a bit morbid- but could be a way of misleading
without lying!!

We should soon start finding out what does
happen!!

Actors/characters in EastEnders have been in the cast list/credited when appearing only as a corpse (Nick, Lucy, Archie, Danielle) so I would say yes.

The question I would ask then would be about the Radio Times (that's where it has come from, right?) Are they known for publishing full lists of those appearing within a certain period, or do they only list the main players?

alan45
04-08-2015, 17:49

Brilliant!!!!!

alan45
04-08-2015, 17:49

Brilliant!!!!!

Kim
04-08-2015, 17:59
Hopefully this is one of the red herrings I was talking about. She could not act her way out of a wet paper bag. As I said before she makes Linda Lusardi look like an Oscar winner

It's been almost a year and I still can't decide whether she calls Lachlan Locky or Lucky!

mariba
04-08-2015, 18:01

That sounds like Ross might die..:( :(

lizann
04-08-2015, 19:58
rhona and ruby are goners

mariba
04-08-2015, 20:05
Ross safe-yay!!!! :)

Kim
04-08-2015, 20:25

I presume he'll run off and allow people to think that Cain must have killed him for a time.

Seems like Adam's a goner too.

Kim
04-08-2015, 22:23
I really hope its not Cain - love his relationships with Debbie, Moira etc. I wish nobody was dying actually as the cast is strong right now. Pretty sure though that there will be 2/3 victims.:(

I agree. I hope Oates is treading carefully here. I said the same about the EastEnders cast at anniversary time and now they're dropping like flies.

lizann
04-08-2015, 22:32
http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/emmerdale-spoilers-10-sneaky-teasers-on-what-happens-after-that-helicopter-crash-5326911/

lizann
05-08-2015, 01:48
I presume he'll run off and allow people to think that Cain must have killed him for a time.

no he will be back saving lives hero ross saving marlon, april and finn :p

lizann
05-08-2015, 01:48

no he will be back saving lives hero ross saving marlon, april and finn :p

mariba
05-08-2015, 08:49
I just hope cain will be in big trouble because of what he did to ross. They are very much alike - cain and ross, maybe main reason why debbie is so drawn to him.. Because that's how her dad is, that's all she's ever known.

sarah c
05-08-2015, 08:55

a bit Sean Slater like, falling in the water and sloping off?

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 09:13
I just hope cain will be in big trouble because of what he did to ross. They are very much alike - cain and ross, maybe main reason why debbie is so drawn to him.. Because that's how her dad is, that's all she's ever known.

She didnt come to Emmerdale til she was 14-
previously in care/fostered.

Then fostered by Paddy & Emily Kirk.
She had an old pic of her birth mother(.Charity)
but dont think she knew who father was.

It was established that Charity was her mother.
She was married to Chris Tate who became
her stepfather and wanted to adopt Debbie but
changed his mind when Cain.became involved.
So had a lot of influences in the first more than
half of her life!!

But would agree that Cain has been the most
constant & reliable in recent years( certainly
much more so than Charity)

Tho I like Ross and hes very similar to
Cain on the surface- not sure she can rely
on him!!

maidmarian
05-08-2015, 09:13
Dupl

mariba
05-08-2015, 09:42
Yes I know all this history with Debbie, but she's known her dad long enough now, and like you said he's been very loving dad in recent years. Her childhood hasn't been very stable one, so she's not used to that. And she has her Dingle genes! :D But what I meant is that Ross and Cain are very much alike on how passionate they both are. They go to extremes in trying to protect their loved ones.

I don't like how Cain treats his little son at the moment..similarities there too with Ross.

mariba
05-08-2015, 09:42
Yes I know all this history with Debbie, but she's known her dad long enough now, and like you said he's been very loving dad in recent years. Her childhood hasn't been very stable one, so she's not used to that. And she has her Dingle genes! :D But what I meant is that Ross and Cain are very much alike on how passionate they both are. They go to extremes in trying to protect their loved ones.

I don't like how Cain treats his little son at the moment..similarities there too with Ross.

lizann
05-08-2015, 20:03
one dead ruby whose next don't be kyle or ross

tammyy2j
05-08-2015, 21:49
I hope it isn't little Kyle or Ross

I am surprised Robert saved Adam

mariba
05-08-2015, 22:25
Well I for one won't be watching emmerdale anymore if Ross gets killed and Pete continues on. Or if characters like Adam are saved instead.

Perdita
06-08-2015, 04:55
Emmerdale boss Kate Oates has paid tribute to Alicya Eyo following her heartbreaking on-screen exit.

Wednesday's episode saw Eyo's character Ruby Haswell killed off after she was badly injured in the helicopter crash disaster at the village hall.

Dan Spencer and Kerry Wyatt loyally stayed by Ruby's side even though the building wasn't safe, but they were both left devastated as she passed away before emergency services could reach the scene.

Explaining the decision to kill off Ruby, Oates commented: "It's never a decision that we take lightly. We are very much an ensemble and everybody's role in the show is as important as everybody else's.

"You get some soap families that are in the show for many years and some that run their course and I felt that maybe that had happened with the Spencers.

"But I knew that Alicya would give a fantastic performance and she didn't let me down. She played it really well."

Asked how Eyo reacted to the news that she was being written out, Oates replied: "She was a total pro. She's a complete professional and she's one of those actors who has done various shows - different theatre, different television. She was in Bad Girls for such a long time.

"Once it came to filming the scenes, she just gave it her all and that's what you want from an actor."

Ruby's death won't be without its repercussions, as the grief of her wife Ali Spencer will be explored on screen.

Oates confirmed: "You will see Ali again. That character group needs its pain and Dan's got some really hard news to break. Dan's going to struggle with that because he couldn't save Ruby. I think we saw Kerry handle that situation brilliantly and Dan go to pieces. He beats himself up over it in the coming weeks."

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 13:11
Why is Paddy and Sam not at the wedding?

Perdita
06-08-2015, 14:34
I think Paddy got called away just before they were meant to go which is why Rhona was on her own, no idea why Sam was

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 15:39
Of course it is possible unlike in real life-but I hope it'll be someone totally different, like Robert killing Lachlan or something..
I really can't keep watching Pete (whole Emmerdale)if he kills Ross. I already don't like him at all, so would be unbearable to watch him after that.
Cain, Ross, Debbie and Kyle+Belle, Zack(them 2 are safe anyway..) has to survive-never mind others..

Could Chrissie or Robert perhaps kill Adam over the fire to stop him talking

mariba
06-08-2015, 16:06
This suspense really is something else! I've never ever been like this for any other programme! (Well..maybe Twin Peaks or Dallas years ago ;) ) I just can't relax before this week is over..mad! :D
They should have done it in 2 hour long episodes in 2 days rather than dragging it on the whole week..And last night 15 mins was wasted on Ruby and Diane&Val going on and on..can't even remember what they said as I didn't bother listening.
Well-hopefully it'll all be over tonight.

mariba
06-08-2015, 16:06
This suspense really is something else! I've never ever been like this for any other programme! (Well..maybe Twin Peaks or Dallas years ago ;) ) I just can't relax before this week is over..mad! :D
They should have done it in 2 hour long episodes in 2 days rather than dragging it on the whole week..And last night 15 mins was wasted on Ruby and Diane&Val going on and on..can't even remember what they said as I didn't bother listening.
Well-hopefully it'll all be over tonight.

Perdita
06-08-2015, 16:41
I don´t think we will find out everything tonight, there will be more to come tomorrow, I think

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 16:52
The anticipation is killing me, speculating who will die too much :wall:

Telly Watcher
06-08-2015, 18:04
The characters who do not seem to get a mention in the next publicised episodes include:

Aaron, Joanie, Kyle, Rodney, Ross, Ruby and Val.

Maybe these are the 7 to leave the show?

Something seems to happen to Ross at the hospital (killed there by Pete?).

Plus I suppose the helicopter pilot is an extra one to count.

Telly Watcher
06-08-2015, 18:04
duplicate post

Perdita
06-08-2015, 18:30
The characters who do not seem to get a mention in the next publicised episodes include:

I have seen a trailer where security step in and separate Pete and Ross so unless they get together another time, it is unlikely Pete kills Ross in the hospital

lizann
06-08-2015, 18:39

im expecting 7 regular character deaths not counting pilot

lizann
06-08-2015, 18:39

im expecting 7 regular character deaths not counting pilot

mariba
06-08-2015, 18:40
Unless cain is back in hospital after rescuing kyle.. But I think it's someone totally different killing someone else.. We'll just have to wait and see.. If pete or cain has time to kill ross and leave the hospital with a body in a boot, it either means that debbie is dead or neither of them loves her.

Kim
06-08-2015, 19:17
I'm actually convinced Debbie will die!

Perdita
06-08-2015, 19:34
Unless cain is back in hospital after rescuing kyle.. But I think it's someone totally different killing someone else.. We'll just have to wait and see.. If pete or cain has time to kill ross and leave the hospital with a body in a boot, it either means that debbie is dead or neither of them loves her.

You were right, Pete killed Ross and it is his body in the boot of the car ...

mariba
06-08-2015, 19:46
I wanted to think it wouldn't be..but Ross loved Debbie too much to keep away..

Hospital staff saw them fighting..I'd say Cain will be questioned first, but surely they must have security cameras outside the hospital to see that he went in. Then the staff confirm he was there and what happened..and thats it.
Of course we are dealing with stupid soap police..

First time I cried was with Cain talking to Kyle. And when Ross died..:(

mariba
06-08-2015, 19:46

Hospital staff saw them fighting..I'd say Cain will be questioned first, but surely they must have security cameras outside the hospital to see that he went in. Then the staff confirm he was there and what happened..and thats it.

lizann
06-08-2015, 20:25
debbie drives another man to murder

maidmarian
06-08-2015, 21:00

Oh Mariba- do you really think Ross is dead.?
I dont -Ive just replied on anr thread ( Pete&
Finn Barton) to say so.But we all see things
from different viewpoint.
Im sure he ll regain conciousness and get out
of shallow grave and few leaves.Pete isnt the
brightest!

I thought the actor wanted a break! anyway
If the bodys found thats different -but I doubt
it will be.!!
Just have to.wait awhile and see what happens!

maidmarian
06-08-2015, 21:00

Oh Mariba- do you really think Ross is dead.?
I dont -Ive just replied on anr thread ( Pete&
Finn Barton) to say so.But we all see things
from different viewpoint.
Im sure he ll regain conciousness and get out
of shallow grave and few leaves.Pete isnt the
brightest!

I thought the actor wanted a break! anyway
If the bodys found thats different -but I doubt
it will be.!!
Just have to.wait awhile and see what happens!

lizann
06-08-2015, 21:31
is there 4 more deaths to come?

Telly Watcher
06-08-2015, 21:44

I've just seen the hour long Thursday episode and Ross, Ruby and Val are now out of the show for definite.

Ross (Mike Parr) has placed a video instagram of himself on https://www.facebook.com/emmerdale that he has officially left the show, so that's it. Ross is dead, it's official.

I think that there may not be any more deaths for now as the action at the village hall seems to be over and everyone seems accounted for so far.

Kyle seemed to be OK but it wasn't clear if he had any shrapnel wounds or was injured in hospital.

I remember that Rodney went on a date with Joanie a couple of weeks back.

Maybe Rodney and Joanie take Kyle away from the village to get away from the shocks?

As for Aaron. He had a bandaged left upper arm in the hospital but seemed OK, but isn't he a director of the scrapyard?

Maybe Aaron gets the blame for the car fire causing the explosion at the scrapyard and he either gets arrested by the police for this (still on bail?) or runs away?

Just some ideas.

I think Eric is going to have a really bad time ahead for locking Val and Diane in the mirror maze!

maidmarian
06-08-2015, 22:02
I've just seen the hour long Thursday episode and Ross, Ruby and Val are now out of the show for definite.

Ross (Mike Parr) has placed a video instagram of himself on https://www.facebook.com/emmerdale that he has officially left the show, so that's it. Ross is dead, it's official.

I think that there may not be any more deaths for now as the action at the village hall seems to be over and everyone seems

Kyle seemed to be OK but it wasn't clear if he had any shrapnel wounds or was injured in hospital.

Maybe Rodney and Joanie take Kyle away from the village to get away from the shocks?

As for Aaron. He had a bandaged left upper arm in the hospital but seemed OK, but isn't he a director of the scrapyard?

Maybe Aaron gets the blame for the car fire causing the explosion at the scrapyard and he either gets arrested by the police for this (still on bail?) or runs away?

Just some ideas.

I think Eric is going to have a really bad time ahead for locking Val and Diane in the mirror maze!

Thanks for info.from facebook.
Surprised Ross supposed to be really dead !
Wait to see if body found.Hes still." missing"
next week.

It will be easy to.bring character back -
if actor & producer change their minds!

maidmarian
06-08-2015, 22:02

I think that there may not be any more deaths for now as the action at the village hall seems to be over and everyone seems

Just some ideas.

Thanks for info.from facebook.
Surprised Ross supposed to be really dead !
Wait to see if body found.Hes still." missing"
next week.

It will be easy to.bring character back -
if actor & producer change their minds!

lizann
06-08-2015, 22:04
lawerence and chrissie should team up to frame robert

i am expecting a dingle death too

lizann
06-08-2015, 22:04
lawerence and chrissie should team up to frame robert

i am expecting a dingle death too

Kim
06-08-2015, 22:18
I don't think it would happen, but although Ross/Mike has left the show, he may not be dead. He wasn't buried so he could get up and walk off and decide to disappear so as to allow Pete to think he'd killed him, getting his revenge for the attack and the dumping in a bush. Until his body is found, it's not 100%. This producer has done a surprise return before so who knows, she could have arranged for Mike to come back for a guest stint in the future once the fallout has been explored.

I think he's dead though and that creating a legacy was part of the reason for making him Moses's dad.

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 23:10
Val's death was like from a horror movie, great exit for her

I expected more serious casualties from the crash disaster

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 23:10
Eric will blame himself for Val's death after all him, Rodney and Doug looked them in

Telly Watcher
06-08-2015, 23:31
Ross and Val were two of my favourite characters. Val was good fun and Ross was capable of doing anything and could play the part and still be exciting for years.

I think that there is a lot of deadwood remaining in Emmerdale. Many other characters deserved to leave long before top characters like Val and Ross.

I'm really hoping that the actor/producer haven't made this the final exit for Ross and this is just a huge publicity stunt to maximise viewer ratings. I imagine that Emmerdale's viewing figures this week have been massive but I think these will drop quite sharply within a week or so unless there are some really juicy new storylines to keep the remaining quieter characters interesting.

Like Kim and maidmarian, I am also hoping that Ross could get resurrected and return to shock the village one day soon. Maybe he was just in a coma for a few hours in the woods and then regained consciousness and walked away or (mobile) phoned a friend to rescue him and take him away for weeks/months before returning to Emmerdale?

As things are, I don't know if Pete realises that his mobile phone gave away his location in the woods as he drove there and later talked to Cain on it, so the mobile phone records can show police enquiries where he was around the time that Ross disappeared that afternoon. He should have switched the mobile phone off at the hospital. The program listings show that Emma worries about Ross on August 19th so it seems that he hasn't been found by then.

P.S. If Ross has a switched-on mobile phone on his body in the woods, it could be possible to find him as long as the batteries don't run out first.

alan45
06-08-2015, 23:46
is there 4 more deaths to come?

There is of course the pilot of the helicopter. Not sure if there was a co-pilot

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 23:48
I think the actor who played Ross has said he is done but this could be a bluff

If Pete goes back to where the body is then we will know for sure but hearing his head crack and seeing Pete act like no pulse he is dead I would think

tammyy2j
06-08-2015, 23:48
Where is Noah?

lizann
07-08-2015, 00:52
There is of course the pilot of the helicopter. Not sure if there was a co-pilot

the news on tv had 2 confirmed dead must be pilot and ruby or 2 pilots

was the village abandoned during the wedding, no bob, brenda, edna, jimmy, bernice and so on, was the pub and café closed and where were the fairground workers

it was sensationalised as a massive clearout so far only 3 dead ross being the big shocker to me

lizann
07-08-2015, 00:52

the news on tv had 2 confirmed dead must be pilot and ruby or 2 pilots

was the village abandoned during the wedding, no bob, brenda, edna, jimmy, bernice and so on, was the pub and café closed and where were the fairground workers

it was sensationalised as a massive clearout so far only 3 dead ross being the big shocker to me

KiwiElle
07-08-2015, 05:48
Okay, here's my take on Ross: yes, he has posted a "goodbye" video, but is it really official? It has been pointed out that, unlike the ones made by Alycia (Ruby) and Charlie (Val), it's not shot on location but hastily done on Instagram, so it quite likely COULD be a bluff, intending for the audience to think Ross is really a goner.

However, IF Ross really is dead and his body is found, it may not just be Pete's DNA found on him, but Cain's as well. And both of them knocked him on the head, so Cain might think he's responsible (just like his sister Chas thought she'd been the one to knock Carl off via similar means). Pete, however, will know he is the one responsible (just like Cameron was with Carl) and over time turn even darker (just like Cameron did) and keep it all a secret from Debbie (just... like... Cameron....). Poor Debs. Unfortunately this time around, she's partly to blame by having an affair in the first place. Last time, it was Chas. Both of them survived Cameron, but will Debbie survive Pete??

leannlewis641
07-08-2015, 06:50
I aren't sure if ross is dead either, emmerdale site and other media certainly haven't made the same fuss for ross as ruby and val. Emmerdale need to be careful here of not making this storyline silly, as so much evidence points at pete, missing from hospital, seen fighting at the hospital, seen changing his clothes and if a body is found it would show second bang on the head killed him and approx time of death which would rule cain out and point to pete! But i can see this being dragged on and everyone believing cain is responsible causing him probs with moira and to go off the rails

Perdita
07-08-2015, 06:56
Emmerdale star Michael Parr has posted a video apologising for having to hide his departure from viewers, after tonight's shocking deaths in the soap.

His character Ross Barton was killed accidentally by his brother and love rival Pete in the wake of the helicopter crash that destroyed Pete and Debbie Dingle's wedding reception.

Starting off by sobbing, Parr said: "I'm sorry that I've had to keep this one a secret from you guys!

"Thank you so much for all your support over the last couple of years.

"I've had so much fun playing Ross. Thank you, keep watching the show, stay tuned and it's goodbye from me!"

If you missed Ross's death or just want to watch it again, hit play below to see how Pete was pushed too far and killed his brother:

As seen above, Val Pollard was the third resident to die following the helicopter crash, after she was trapped in the mirror maze.

Actress Charlie Hardwick has also spoken out on her departure, saying she "knew [she] had to go".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a662228/emmerdales-michael-parr-speaks-out-after-rosss-exit-im-sorry-i-had-to-keep-it-a-secret.html#ixzz3i6dAp8zX

I would think he is dead and will not come back from his shallow grave ...

Serena Williams
07-08-2015, 07:11
Ross is not dead he will come back to get revenge. The two actresses both had exit interviews in a garden. I suspect a twist is going to happen.

mariba
07-08-2015, 08:12
I really hope that you are all right about ross and he's not dead.. He better not be!

Perdita
07-08-2015, 08:16
He is dead!

Emmerdale kills off a Barton as Ross and Pete's feud leads to tragedy

It's no more Mr Nice Guy for Emmerdale's Pete Barton in a storyline twist that few fans will have seen coming.

Pete accidentally killed his bad boy brother Ross in Thursday night's explosive double bill (August 6) as their mutual animosity over Debbie Dingle took a deadly turn.

The Barton brothers' big showdown took place after they both found themselves at Debbie's hospital bedside following the helicopter crash in the village.

With Pete still furious over his brother's affair with Debbie, they clashed bitterly and had to be removed from the building by hospital security.

Once outside, Ross goaded Pete into giving him a vicious beating - but the clash went badly wrong when Ross suffered a nasty blow to the head.

When Pete realised that Ross was dead, he struggled to comprehend what he had done and was visibly sickened as he had to conceal his sibling's body in the woods.

Actor Michael Parr arrived on screen as Ross in July 2013, although his character's identity and status as a show regular wasn't revealed until October that year.

Coincidentally, Parr turned 29 today and has the rare honour of being killed off on his birthday.

From Digital Spy

Kim
07-08-2015, 08:44
I won't quite believe it until the body is found. If there was going to be a twist, any information that Digital Spy or any other source had on it would be embargoed until after the relevant episode(s) aired.

mariba
07-08-2015, 09:04
I think those 'spoilers' don't necessarily tell anything-there could still be a twist in store, at least I hope so.
But-if Ross IS gone :( , I really hope that both Cain and Pete-and Debbie, will have some bad times ahead! I just think it's all so similar to Chas/Carl/Cameron triangle just like someone said above. Bit boring? ..Pete 'killed' his brother accidentally-yes, but hiding his body made him criminal.
What does it mean then when previously Anthony(who plays Pete) said in some interview, that there's darker times ahead for Pete in the autumn when he goes after those who have treated him bad..?

I must give some credit to Anthony on this one-he played that sickening feeling of guilt really well. Made me cry-mainly because of Ross, but felt sorry for Pete too..I just remembered while watching that Pete saved Ross's life as a small boy, and now ended up 'killing' him himself.
If I remember right, Cameron killed people 'accidentally' too..and so does Robert. Bit unimaginative..

And then we still have someone like Adam, and loads of oldies..sorry. They really should have killed off Adam..Wouldn't mind Moira going as well. I rather had seen Debbie(critizism to make up department or to actress herself-how come she had perfect make up on when she woke up in hospital??) or Cain go than Ross.
Attraction in Michael Parr as Ross was(is) that he's not only good looking, but a damn talented actor and his character is this misunderstood soul, who is all softy inside but so unpredictable and plays it cool outside. So much like Cain. I still hate the fact that they had to kill Donna. Him and Donna would have been a good couple. Interesting too- a cop and a criminal :D !

I must say I have not much interest watching Emmerdale if it's confirmed that Ross is dead and so many other insignificant characters are left unharmed. Too many survived the crash, not realistic either. Too much hype about the thing..bit disappointed I must say.

mariba
07-08-2015, 09:04
I think those 'spoilers' don't necessarily tell anything-there could still be a twist in store, at least I hope so.
But-if Ross IS gone :( , I really hope that both Cain and Pete-and Debbie, will have some bad times ahead! I just think it's all so similar to Chas/Carl/Cameron triangle just like someone said above. Bit boring? ..Pete 'killed' his brother accidentally-yes, but hiding his body made him criminal.
What does it mean then when previously Anthony(who plays Pete) said in some interview, that there's darker times ahead for Pete in the autumn when he goes after those who have treated him bad..?

I must give some credit to Anthony on this one-he played that sickening feeling of guilt really well. Made me cry-mainly because of Ross, but felt sorry for Pete too..I just remembered while watching that Pete saved Ross's life as a small boy, and now ended up 'killing' him himself.
If I remember right, Cameron killed people 'accidentally' too..and so does Robert. Bit unimaginative..

And then we still have someone like Adam, and loads of oldies..sorry. They really should have killed off Adam..Wouldn't mind Moira going as well. I rather had seen Debbie(critizism to make up department or to actress herself-how come she had perfect make up on when she woke up in hospital??) or Cain go than Ross.
Attraction in Michael Parr as Ross was(is) that he's not only good looking, but a damn talented actor and his character is this misunderstood soul, who is all softy inside but so unpredictable and plays it cool outside. So much like Cain. I still hate the fact that they had to kill Donna. Him and Donna would have been a good couple. Interesting too- a cop and a criminal :D !

I must say I have not much interest watching Emmerdale if it's confirmed that Ross is dead and so many other insignificant characters are left unharmed. Too many survived the crash, not realistic either. Too much hype about the thing..bit disappointed I must say.

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 09:06
I really hope that you are all right about ross and he's not dead.. He better not be!

We will have to.see Mariba.!

It wasnt til I started reading forum
comments after the programme that I
realised perhaps it wasnt an" in-joke"
and we were perhaps supposed to believe it.!

I didnt want Ross to be killed but knew
it was a possiblity and would have
accepted it if done believably.
This has to be the most inept soap
murder I can think of.

See if any developments tonight or
early next week . But I think any
" revenge/ return " will be weeks/months
down the line probably when they
want to write Pete character out.

As a very long time ED viewer - very
disappointed by such dross(no pun
intended)

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 09:06
Dupl

suzewebb
07-08-2015, 11:29
Looking on emmerdale website. Still just vids of ruby and val actors. Nothing on Michael Parr (Ross) on there still which leads me to think he is taking time out and returns at some point later for revenge. Def shocked if this was his final scene as no Ed official confirmation and not a fitting exit for a much appreciated chatacter. Even Michaels vid about leaving appears tongue in cheek. Until Ed do a leaving vid thing on him I won't be convinced.

deeCee
07-08-2015, 11:42
If Michael Parr was leaving for good, they should have had a death that was certain, because all the speculation will continue now until someone says something - unless his body will be identified later for the purpose of another storyline.

I would love him to return later and I find it bizarre that an actor who spent years doing second jobs and almost giving up the industry would turn his back on a job like ED within the space of two years. I also find it odd that Parr removed all ED references from his twitter header within minutes of the first episode finishing. Either it's all a big PR ruse, or Mike's very happy to get the hell out of the village for good.

They also spent so much time and energy bringing in a mother for the Barton boys only to have one of the kids killed off :thumbsdow

Either way, it's been a cracking week for ED.:clap:

deeCee
07-08-2015, 11:42

mariba
07-08-2015, 11:52
And-in the end of the day, it's all about money. Especially with young actors.
If he's got another job, Emmerdale should have paid him more. He's too good to let go.
Fingers crossed for that twist !

mariba
07-08-2015, 11:52
And-in the end of the day, it's all about money. Especially with young actors.
If he's got another job, Emmerdale should have paid him more. He's too good to let go.
Fingers crossed for that twist !

Sheeratty
07-08-2015, 13:12
There is no way Ross is dead. They have left it deliberately open to the possibility he is alive e.g Pete not burying him in the ground, just placed foliage over him. Perfectly set up for todays episode to reveal his empty "grave" and for him, in a few weeks or months to return.

I don't believe they will kill off one of their most popular characters like that.

alan45
07-08-2015, 15:10
The poor response of the emergency services amazed me. The pilot had made a mayday call that he was going down so that should have triggered some reaction. The locals were able to rescue Debbeh take her to Hotton General have her admitted and connected up to life support long before the first emergency vehicle had arrived in the village. On other occasions when the police are called for some minor infringement they arrive in minutes. Bad!!!

lizann
07-08-2015, 15:26
also ross ran to the village and then was at the hospital too

Perdita
07-08-2015, 16:55
This reminds me of a certain fan of Neighbours not accepting that Kate Ramsey got shot and died (no blood, no Ambulance in short time).. She is not in witness protection and I don´t believe Ross will return ...

sarah c
07-08-2015, 17:57
and if the mirror/glass fell on Val how come she came out with no blood seeping?

Perdita
07-08-2015, 18:02
and if the mirror/glass fell on Val how come she came out with no blood seeping?

I thought she was covered when she was brought out ...

mariba
07-08-2015, 18:14
We'll see what happens with Ross. I'm going to watch until we know for sure. I'd like to think he's not dead, so much speculation around about it..is he, isn't he?
Loads of crazy women out there too absolutely stalking him..! Mad..
I for one have always liked Ross because he's bit damaged and that makes him interesting.. the same as Cain, Debbie, Kerry when she first came to ED.
I'm happily married woman, but yes-he's nice to look at too ;)

mariba
07-08-2015, 18:14
dupl

lizann
07-08-2015, 18:32

she was covered in a bodybag, did the glass land on her neck or stomach, curious about that was she halved by the glass :p sorry all if that upsets and disgusts

lizann
07-08-2015, 18:32

she was covered in a bodybag, did the glass land on her neck or stomach, curious about that was she halved by the glass :p sorry all if that upsets and disgusts

Perdita
07-08-2015, 18:59
Don´t think it was shown exactly, the chard came down and then the scene changed to outside ..

maidmarian

Yes - she was in body bag with straps
fastened! It was only when the far end
of trolley passed Diane - she realised that
she was dead. She was running to greet
til then.

maidmarian

Yes - she was in body bag with straps
fastened! It was only when the far end
of trolley passed Diane - she realised that
she was dead. She was running to greet
til then.

Kim
07-08-2015, 19:20
Wrong person resurrected. Val became a shadow of her former self as a character and it would have been more feasible for Ross to turn out to be alive.

lizann
07-08-2015, 19:28
Wrong person resurrected. Val became a shadow of her former self as a character and it would have been more feasible for Ross to turn out to be alive.

val is dead eric having a vision

Perdita
07-08-2015, 19:49
Yes, Val saying Good Bye to Eric .. lovely touch :heart:

Kim
07-08-2015, 20:01
I think it could feasibly be worked so that Val is not dead if Charlie Hardwick ever wanted to return. Quite a lot of time was skipped in the episode (Cain being with the van and then in the hospital in almost the next scene.) Time could have been skipped so that Val left, alone.

Kim
07-08-2015, 20:32
I hope Mathew Bose (Paul Lambert actor) was bluffing on Twitter. It sounds like he won't be returning for the funeral episodes and that'll be particularly poor seeing as he returned earlier this year.

tammyy2j
07-08-2015, 20:37
When did Alicia get back?

No more on Ross :wall: the is he or isn't he alive will continue :p

Perdita
07-08-2015, 20:39
I think it could feasibly be worked so that Val is not dead if Charlie Hardwick ever wanted to return. Quite a lot of time was skipped in the episode (Cain being with the van and then in the hospital in almost the next scene.) Time could have been skipped so that Val left, alone.

Huh?? A chard was threatening to come down for quite a while, right above Val .. she was watching it and in the end realised she would not survive, told Diane should get out first, hence Val safed Diane´s life and Val told the chard to do its worse as it came down ...Val will never return, nor will Ross

tammyy2j
07-08-2015, 20:42
After Debbie had her operation on her spleen did the nurses touch up her make up and hair too is that part of the NHS service :p

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 21:22

Yes -it will for some time I think!.Unless a body
is found soon.
Ross is missing next week and Cain interviewed.

Soaps have to.wring ever ounce out of
every aspect of a story.
Pete is supposedly feeling guilt - that would
stop if Ross turned up.So.that will go on for
some time.
Emmas anger at Debbie and what she does
about that.
Debbies maternity break and giving her a story
to cover that.
Cain being suspected and the effect on him
and others.
So if Ross turns up.either as a body or alive
would cut short the drama.

Id say several months either way.
Its the way the storys been acted / written
that makes me think Ross is alive - time
will tell or it may remain unsolved for decades
like other stories have done!

maidmarian
07-08-2015, 21:22

Yes -it will for some time I think!.Unless a body
is found soon.
Ross is missing next week and Cain interviewed.

Soaps have to.wring ever ounce out of
every aspect of a story.
Pete is supposedly feeling guilt - that would
stop if Ross turned up.So.that will go on for
some time.
Emmas anger at Debbie and what she does
about that.
Debbies maternity break and giving her a story
to cover that.
Cain being suspected and the effect on him
and others.
So if Ross turns up.either as a body or alive
would cut short the drama.

Id say several months either way.
Its the way the storys been acted / written
that makes me think Ross is alive - time
will tell or it may remain unsolved for decades
like other stories have done!

lizann
07-08-2015, 22:16
After Debbie had her operation on her spleen did the nurses touch up her make up and hair too is that part of the NHS service :p

she never looked like she was in a crash disaster

lizann
07-08-2015, 22:17

she never looked like she was in a crash disaster

Kim
07-08-2015, 22:33

I think she was in one scene last week. It was weird having her appear in the trailer when she only appeared tonight, even more so with multiple characters in the trailer who didn't appear at all (Priya, Rakesh, Kirin etc.)

I think they should have killed Alicia off. She is leaving and it will be just awful if she leaves David while he is trying to support his father and is also grieving himself.

lizann
07-08-2015, 22:37
as good as this week was the lack of deaths and serious injuries from misleading media reports annoyed me, also think debbie should have died

Kim
07-08-2015, 22:49
Yesterday was amazing, but I found the rest of the week a bit meh (Wednesday in particular.) It could have done with being over a week and a half or two weeks, to allow other characters to be involved.

I think it was at least two deaths light considering how hyped it was and also the fact that it was termed a cast clear out.

alan45
08-08-2015, 11:56
as good as this week was the lack of deaths and serious injuries from misleading media reports annoyed me, also think debbie should have died

The performance by Chris Chittell last night was brilliant and to me the highlight of the whole disaster storyline. The final scenes between ham and the ghost of Val were superb and hopefully when the soap awards come round they will receive recognition.

tammyy2j
09-08-2015, 21:24
Was it seven or several to die?

Only two fatalities from the disaster of the helicopter crash

I loved the scenes of ghost Val and Eric

tammyy2j
09-08-2015, 21:24

Telly Watcher
09-08-2015, 22:31

I haven't heard of this seven or several idea from anyone other than on this soap forum. At the moment, several to die is true.

The four deaths on-screen have been the helicopter pilot, Ruby, Ross and Val.

There may not be any more deaths but there are now consequential effects following the action at the village hall. It may take a long time for this storyline to come to its end though.

Debbie has smoke-inhalation injuries. Could these cause long-term health problems? (Charley Webb is due to leave soon for maternity leave anyway.)

Diane has head injuries. Could these turn out to be worse than presently thought?

Bob ends up in hospital this week after being badly beaten up in jail by a prison cell-mate who is a convicted murderer. How badly injured is he? Will he be imprisoned properly later if found guilty of bank fraud?

Alicia is going to leave for Portugal, possibly without David, and leave the soap this way.

Rachel is going to leave the soap soon. (Uncertain exit story for now.)

Could Chrissie and Robert find themselves jailed for their parts in the accident and the attempted cover-up by Robert?

My feeling is that Rodney, Joanie and Kyle have an unclear future in the soap at present.

There are also a number of other characters who are not very popular who could leave at some time (see this forum for suggestions for names of characters!). Matthew Wolfenden (David) said in a recent interview to the Daily Express that the present cast cuts are due to the need for financial savings to be made to the Emmerdale budget.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/596728/Emmerdale-Matthew-Wolfenden-deaths-pay-cuts-Ross-Barton-Val-Pollard

lizann
09-08-2015, 23:04

many deaths were hyped by media and #summerfate promo

lizann
09-08-2015, 23:04

many deaths were hyped by media and #summerfate promo

Telly Watcher
09-08-2015, 23:33

On April 19th 2015, the online TVBlog website, unrealitytv.co.uk, posted an article where it summarised The Sun's TV Biz magazine. In this, it mentions a "cast cull" and "several of the show's long-running characters will be killed off in the new plot".

>
There’s shocking news from the Emmerdale camp today as it’s been claimed that in a bid to boost ratings, the show’s bosses are planning a “cast cull” which will be facilitated by a major new storyline.

According to The Sun’s TV Biz, several of the show’s long-running characters will be killed off in the new plot – which will apparently attempt to emulate the success of the plane crash storyline that aired in 1993 drawing a viewing audience of around 18 million – and even members of the iconic Dingle family could die in the new drama.

A show source said, “Bosses are planning a clear-out of characters. No-one knows if theirs will be axed.

“Most of the actors are hoping that they’ll just be badly injured so they won’t have to find a new job at the end of it.”

There’s no hint as yet as to what the storyline will be, but we would imagine it would need to be something along the lines of a huge explosion or even another plane crash.

But with regard to who’ll die in the tragedy – whatever it turns out to be – and bookmakers are already taking bets on who will be written out…

At the time of writing, William Hill reckons that Robert Sugden, a role played by Ryan Hawley, is the evens favourite to be killed in the summer drama, while Marlon Dingle, played by Mark Charnock, is at 33/1 to die.

Similarly, Chas and Debbie Dingle – roles played by Lucy Pargeter and Charley Webb respectively – have odds of 4/1 and 8/1 to be victims of the cast cull.

The show insider added, “When you want a big ratings spike, killing off some big names is a way to go.”
>

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/soaps-2/emmerdale-spoilers-2015-dingle-family-members-to-die-in-huge-new-storyline-and-is-vanessa-pregnant/

Telly Watcher
10-08-2015, 00:29

It's both seven and several after all depending upon when and what you read.

On April 19th 2015, the online TVBlog website, unrealitytv.co.uk, posted an article where it summarised The Sun's TV Biz magazine. In this, it mentions a "cast cull" and "several of the show's long-running characters will be killed off in the new plot".

On July 14th 2015, the same online TVBlog website, unrealitytv.co.uk, posted an article where it summarised The Sun newspaper. In this, it mentions a "whopping SEVEN characters will die as a result!". (See text below)

>
As we have previously reported Emmerdale is about to take on a stunt to rival all others this summer, and now it has been reported that a whopping SEVEN characters will die as a result!

This stunt, so the Sun newspaper reports, takes place as show favourites Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) and Pete Barton get ready to tie the knot, when a huge explosion rips through the sleepy village of Emmerdale next month.

This stunt, which insiders claim will be bigger than the epic plane crash of 93 which tore through the dales killing several characters along the way, will see show favourites injured and dishevelled as they are pulled through the wreckage during what is being described as a breath-taking “Hollywood-esque” style stunts and special effects, which took over three weeks to film.

The publication quotes a “well-placed source” as revealing:

“The writers felt it was time for a shake-up, so that is exactly what we are doing. The village hall felt a bit tired and run-down, so what better way to bring it into the 21st century than to blow it up?

“It will see deaths and injuries as some of the show’s biggest characters are pulled out of the rubble covered in blood and mud.

“We are sure it will have every soap fan glued to their screens.”

Of course the powers that be are keeping very tight-lipped about just which characters will meet their maker during this ground breaking storyline, but we do already know that three actors have recently announced their decision to leave the show – Natalie Anderson who plays Alicia Metcalfe, Charlie Hardwick who plays Val Pollard and Gemma Oaten who plays Rachel Breckle.

In particular two of these characters could have had their fate hinted at in the recent promo trailer for the event with Alicia being one of the characters who walk through the woods towards the creepy fairground exit door, whilst Val’s husband, Eric (Chris Chittell) can be seen looking at it alone, with her sister, Diane (Elizabeth Estensen) looks on behind them…

Rachel does not appear in the trailer at all, but if we are right about her being one of the fatalities, might her young son, Archie, be one of them too – That would certainly send shockwaves through the nation….

Meanwhile, taking a closer look at the trailer which you can see for yourselves at the bottom of this article, we can also see a few hints at possible other fates…

For example Dan Spencer (Liam Fox) and Ruby Haswell (Alicia Eyo) can be seen together, with no sing of Ali (Kelli Hollis). Now we know that Ali is currently back and forth to Liverpool taking care of her son Sean, but maybe she is back for the wedding? Or maybe it is Ruby who is making her exit?

Also featured in the clip are Victoria Sugden (Isabel Hodgins) and her new husband Adam Barton (Adam Thomas) as well as Kirin Kotecha (Adam Fielding), his dad Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie) and partner Priya Sharma (Fiona Wade), but no sing of Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) whose pregnancy connects them all – Maybe the blast causes her death, or that of her unborn child’s?

Speaking of pregnancy, Charley Webb who plays bride to be Debbie is currently expecting her second child with co-star Matthew Wolfenden – Could her maternity leave be permanent?

Finally in the trailer are Cain (Jeff Hordley) and Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb), Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley), his wife Chrissie (Louise Marwood) and his bit on the side, Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) – Now all of these people are bound by twisted secrets of infidelity, so could the truth come out on one of their death beds?

We shall simply have to sit back and wait and see!
>

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/soaps-2/emmerdale-summer-stunt-spoilers-seven-characters-to-be-killed-off-in-explosion/

tammyy2j
11-08-2015, 12:23
http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/07/20-reasons-emmerdales-disaster-was-the-best-week-of-television-drama-ever-5332099/

A successful week for Emmerdale

alan45
11-08-2015, 12:28
Could Chrissie and Robert find themselves jailed for their parts in the accident and the attempted cover-up by Robert?

Please God make this happen. She was particularly CRAP last night with that scene in the pub. She displayed the full gambit of her tenuous acting abilities.:sick: