Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 1st - 5th September 2014

That's my experience too but I have heard people are told they are dying and survive somehow.

he isn't yellow his liver must not be that bad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

sarah c (23-08-2014)

He obviously lives because there's new pics of him at the trial.

Hello again, everyone. How's it going in Soapland? Just thought I'd drop by and catch up a bit.

Then i read the couple of posts above and thought I'd contribute my own little story. About eight years ago my mother-in-law was rushed to hospital and given HOURS to live by the doctors (chronic kidney failure). She eventually died five years later, having completely recovered from the kidney failure and eventually dying of pneumonia.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Hello again, everyone. How's it going in Soapland? Just thought I'd drop by and catch up a bit.

Then i read the couple of posts above and thought I'd contribute my own little story. About eight years ago my mother-in-law was rushed to hospital and given HOURS to live by the doctors (chronic kidney failure). She eventually died five years later, having completely recovered from the kidney failure and eventually dying of pneumonia.

Hope to see you all again soon.

I see some things haven't changed - like the double posts. Sigh.
    Last edited by parkerman; 23-08-2014 at 16:23.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (23-08-2014), tammyy2j (23-08-2014)

Hi parkerman, nice to see you again, hope you are well.

Coming up on Coronation Street, Katy Armstrong and Luke Britton have some fun as they trick his sister Steph into believing they are an item.

Luke (Dean Fagan) and Katy (Georgia May Foote) have grown closer in recent weeks, but they eventually decide that it's better to remain friends.

However, the pair decide to use the situation to their advantage as they continue to wind up Steph (Tisha Merry), who is clearly uncomfortable with the idea of her friend dating her brother.

After Katy and Luke insist that Steph joins them for a romantic meal, Steph becomes increasingly uncomfortable as they put on a display of public affection. Will Steph see the funny side when she realises what they are up to?

Katy and Luke pretend to be a couple
    © ITV
    Katy and Luke pretend to be a couple

Steph feels uncomfortable
    © ITV
    Steph feels uncomfortable

How long will it take Steph to realise what's going on?
    © ITV
    When will Steph realise what is going on?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, September 1 at 7.30pm on ITV.

Carla is shocked when she is told that Peter is critically ill in hospital. When Ken begs her to go and
    see him as it might be the last chance she gets, Rob does his best to put her off, secretly hoping
    that it is the end. She finally goes to visit Peter in intensive care and is shocked by his appearance.
    When he says that he knows that she killed Tina but will take her
    secret to the grave with him, she is stunned. If Peter didn’t murder
    Tina, then who did? She confides her misgivings to Michelle and
    then tells Rob that she is going to the police. He begins to panic
    and urges her to let it drop. Kylie is in a flap as the day of Max’s
    psychiatric assessment arrives. With Max’s behaviour increasingly
    disruptive and Michael’s ankle tag on view, what will the
    psychiatrist make of the Platts? In the end Max is diagnosed with
    ADHD and prescribed medication, which initially seems to work. Fiz
    and Tyrone accept Tony’s offer of £3,000 by way of compensation, but when Owen spots the old
    chipboard in a skip he tells Tyrone that it should never have been used in a loft conversion. An
    incensed Tyrone tells Jason that he is reporting him to the building inspector and he can say
    goodbye to his business. Ken suggests to Tracy that she and Rob should postpone their wedding.
    Katy and Luke enjoy winding Steph up with their public displays of affection.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Hmmm, twice a doctor has told me someone was dying

My mum, who died within four days

And my dad who died three days later

So my personal experience is, someone is 'dying' they die 100% of the time?
    A friend of ours was a severe alcoholic. He had an episode where he was taken to hospital after drinking a ridiculous amount of vodka and other spirits.

His body was shutting down. All his family were told that he was dying by doctors. And that even if he somehow recovered from this, if he didn't change his ways he would continue to die as well.

He was released from hospital 2 weeks later and sent to re-hab. If he hadn't have stayed off the beer following rehab he would have died, as his body would have continued to shut down. Its not as simple as dying there and then- its a prolongued thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to katieb For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by katieb View Post
    A friend of ours was a severe alcoholic. He had an episode where he was taken to hospital after drinking a ridiculous amount of vodka and other spirits.

His body was shutting down. All his family were told that he was dying by doctors. And that even if he somehow recovered from this, if he didn't change his ways he would continue to die as well.

He was released from hospital 2 weeks later and sent to re-hab. If he hadn't have stayed off the beer following rehab he would have died, as his body would have continued to shut down. Its not as simple as dying there and then- its a prolongued thing.
    I guess if we go deep, we are all dying?

For a simple soul like me, I think that being told it's imminent, I'd want to know when it was inevitable?

Thread Information