Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Cannonball will be the winner's single

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

xcarlyx (30-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Cannonball will be the winner's single
    I love that song :3

Damien Rice's Cannonball is reportedly the favourite to be this year's X Factor winner's single.
    The single from the Irish singer-songwriter's debut album O has reportedly already been recorded by remaining contestants Amelia Lily, Little Mix, Marcus Collins and Misha Bryan, The Sun reports.
    A source told the newspaper: "It's one of three songs being considered for release.
    "The acts are still recording the different options but Cannonball has a good shot. It would be a safe bet to sell well in the run-up to Christmas."
    Cannonball reached number 19 on its initial release in 2004 and re-entered the charts at number nine in September when it was performed during the X Factor auditions.
    Earlier this month, N-Dubz star Fazer claimed that he would produce the X Factor winner's single.
    "We really want to give a new flavour to the X Factor acts," he said. "It's going to suit me. I have rock influences, hip-hop, pop, whatever."
    Previously, it was claimed that head judge Gary Barlow would pen the winner's song - making it the first original track for the winner since Shayne Ward's That's My Goal in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Damien Rice's Cannonball is reportedly the favourite to be this year's X Factor winner's single. Previously, it was claimed that head judge Gary Barlow would pen the winner's song - making it the first original track for the winner since Shayne Ward's That's My Goal in 2005.
    IMO Cannonball is a boring song. I reckon Janet would have done well with it though, but never mind.
    Yes, they should have the winner singing an original song for a change. I don't mind a cover if it's done well with a twist, but I can't see how they can do it with Cannonball
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (30-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    IMO Cannonball is a boring song. I reckon Janet would have done well with it though, but never mind.
    Yes, they should have the winner singing an original song for a change. I don't mind a cover if it's done well with a twist, but I can't see how they can do it with Cannonball
    I agree. Janet would have sung it the best.

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    I agree an original song and that all the acts in the final can best interupt to their own style

The two themes for this week's X Factor semi-final have been revealed.

For their first song, the final four will perform tracks from the Motown back catalogue. The second song each act performs will be 'The Song To Get You To The Final'.

Misha Bryan, Amelia Lily, Little Mix and Marcus Collins are the acts vying for a spot at the Wembley Arena grand finale on Saturday, December 10.

Kelly Rowland and Justin Bieber, performing his festive track 'Mistletoe', will be the guests on this weekend's results show.

All four finalists performed two songs at a secret Talk Talk gig in London last night.

The X Factor semi-final airs on Saturday at 8pm on ITV1.

The X Factor semi-final this weekend will not feature a sing-off, it has been confirmed.

For the first time this series, the fate of the remaining acts - Misha Bryan, Amelia Lily, Marcus Collins and Little Mix - will be decided by public votes alone, with only three advancing to the Wembley Arena final on Saturday, December 10.

Of the four acts, only Lily and Misha B have finished in the bottom two before, with the latter being saved by judges a total of three times throughout the show.

It was announced yesterday (December 1) that this weekend's X Factor will feature the themes 'Motown' and 'The Song To Get You To The Final'.

X Factor judge Kelly Rowland and Justin Bieber will perform at this weekend's result show.

The X Factor semi-final airs Saturday (December 3) at 8pm on ITV1.

Coldplay will perform on The X Factor final next weekend, it has been confirmed.

Taking place at London's Wembley Arena in front of 10,000 fans, others announced to perform include Leona Lewis, Michael Bublé, JLS and One Direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coldplay will perform on The X Factor final next weekend, it has been confirmed.

Taking place at London's Wembley Arena in front of 10,000 fans, others announced to perform include Leona Lewis, Michael Bublé, JLS and One Direction.
    Again this year

Thread Information