Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor USA

Simon Cowell has hinted that Black Eyed Peas star Fergie is in the running to join the judging panel for the US version of 'The X Factor'.
    During a press conference for the show, Cowell said, when asked about rumours linking Fergie to the show: "All I can tell you is that her name was put forward but, like with a lot of people we have spoken to, we have to check out everyone's availability."

"There is a lot of time you have to put into this show, because it's not a two day a week job when you are in the live shows."

"You are mentoring the contestants and working five or six days a week. I can confirm that her name has been put forward."

Simon Cowell seemingly confirmed Cheryl Cole's position on X Factor USA during an appearance on Good Day LA yesterday.

However, the music mogul soon backtracked and insisted that his response was from an earlier question, blaming a delay in the video link.

The 51-year-old, who was speaking from London, later said that fans will have to "wait and see" who will be on the judging panel, saying: "You'll have to wait and see... we're still making our minds up."

Cowell then admitted that he's had two calls from "big names" who have put their names forward. When asked if the names include Gloria Estefan, Fergie or Mariah Carey, he replied "no" and insisted that they are "new" people.

He said: "There are a lot of people in the mix and truthfully, I've just had two calls - one on Friday and one on Saturday - from two other people who've put their names forward.

"They are big names and you can't say no, so you have to consider them as well... We've got a couple of weeks before we have to make our mind up."

Cole is reportedly "worried" that the US public won't like her.

Auditions for The X Factor USA continue in Newark this week, where hopefuls can collect their wristbands from the Prudential Centre today ahead of tomorrow's audition. Further auditions will be held at Key Arena, Seattle (April 20), Sears Centre Arena, Chicago (April 27) and Dallas Convention Centre, Dallas (May 26).

Aspiring singers can also audition at special recording booths in Honolulu, Arizona, Nashville and Anchorage, with further booths scheduled to open in Kansas (April 15) and Denver (April 16).

The X Factor will air on Fox later this year.

DS

Simon Cowell has confirmed that Mariah Carey will be involved in The X Factor USA "in some form".

The music mogul is currently putting together the judging panel for the Fox version of the show. To date, only Cowell and L.A. Reid have been confirmed for the series.

Cowell previously stated that Carey would not be involved in the competition due to her current pregnancy. However, while speaking to radio presenter Jackie Brown he revealed that he met up with Carey recently.

"I think Mariah will have a role on the TV live shows," he said. "I met her recently and she was on great form. And her idea was to be the judge of the judges, which only Mariah could come up with."

He added: "She'll be involved in some form. I literally adore her. I love her to bits."

It has been confirmed by ITV that Cowell will not appear as a weekly judge on the next UK series.

Auditions for The X Factor USA continue at Key Arena in Seattle (April 20), the Sears Centre Arena in Chicago (April 27) and Dallas Convention Centre, Dallas (May 26).
    DS

Cheryl Cole is repeatedly being confused with Sheryl Crow by Americans who aren’t familiar with the English X Factor judge and Girls Aloud singer.

The latest star to make the mix-up was Jennifer Hudson, who looked confused when she was asked during a TV interview about her opinion of Cheryl. "Sheryl Crow?” Jennifer asked. When she was corrected, the Dreamgirls star said: "No, I'm not familiar with her."

Nicole Scherzinger has claimed that she still does not know if she will host The X Factor USA.

The 'Don't Hold Your Breath' star was linked to a presenting role on the Fox show last month. Simon Cowell admitted that he was "hopeful" about signing Scherzinger, but said that he was still looking for a co-host with the right "chemistry".

"I don't know what's going on with it," she told Glamour magazine. "Everything's up in the air."

Aside from the presenting job, the 32-year-old has also been linked to a permanent judging position on the UK version of the competition.

Discussing her appearance as a guest-judge last year, Scherzinger admitted: "I was like, 'I'm going to be a crummy judge'. I could empathise with those kids because I'd been in the same position. [I] got to show Simon Cowell that I know what I'm talking about - and help him out a little."

The 32-year-old added: "I was the angel on his shoulder! Joking aside, he's very inspiring. You want to be the best that you can around him - and that says a lot."

The lineup for Fox’s X Factor is nearly complete: EW has learned High School Musical actor-singer Corbin Bleu is close to joining the competition series as co-host, alongside previously reported co-host finalist, Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger.

Sources emphasize that neither Bleu or Scherzinger are locked in, but both are close to signing on with the series. Meanwhile, time is getting short: X Factor must have its full judging and hosting team in place by May 8 — that’s when the production begins shooting the audition rounds before the judges.

As for the rest of the team, we’re still hearing the same names as the finish line approaches that have been previously reported: L.A. Reid (who is confirmed), along with Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul, joining Simon Cowell.

Cheryl Cole has been officially announced as a judge on The X Factor USA.

The British singer has worked alongside Simon Cowell on the UK version of the talent competition for three years after her rise to fame in pop group Girls Aloud.

Cole is the third confirmed judge for the Fox show and will sit alongside Cowell and the previously-confirmed Antonio 'L.A.' Reid.

"I'm so excited to be taking part in the American version of The X Factor," Cole said. "I absolutely love it here in the UK, and with the talent they have out in America, I'm sure we're going to find someone very special. I can't wait to get started.

"I just can't decide whether I am more excited to find and nurture the talent or for the unbelievable amount of amusement and entertainment I will have watching Simon doing everything and anything he can to beat me. He's tried to beat me for three years in the UK, and hasn't even come close. His ego must be so bruised. America is gonna love this."

Cowell said: "I'm thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with. She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent."

Mike Darnell, president of alternative entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company, continued: "Cheryl Cole has the whole The X Factor package - She's an incredibly talented artist and performer, as well as a style icon, and she has that special charisma that draws in fans around the world.

"Cheryl's charm and chemistry with Simon have been a key part of the overwhelming success of The X Factor in the UK, and we can't wait to welcome her to the US on our air."

The show's executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz added: "As a young artist whose talent show discovery led to almost immediate stardom, Cheryl's career exemplifies the promise of The X Factor. Her empathy and passion for identifying and nurturing undiscovered talent has made her a huge hit with British audiences, and I have no doubt America will fall in love with her beauty, her accent and her incredible chemistry with Simon Cowell."

On the UK version, Cole mentored both Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry to victory and saw her act Rebecca Ferguson come second last year.

Reports have suggested that she will follow Simon Cowell's lead and quit her position on the UK panel, creating two available juding roles on the ITV1 show.

DS

"Mike Darnell, president of alternative entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company, continued: "Cheryl Cole has the whole The X Factor package - She's an incredibly talented artist and performer, as well as a style icon, and she has that special charisma that draws in fans around the world". What happy pills has Simon given him, incredible talented artist, does he mean mimer - they are welcome to her, hope she stays there for good

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no1abbafan For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-05-2011), tammyy2j (06-05-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan View Post
    "Mike Darnell, president of alternative entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company, continued: "Cheryl Cole has the whole The X Factor package - She's an incredibly talented artist and performer, as well as a style icon, and she has that special charisma that draws in fans around the world". What happy pills has Simon given him, incredible talented artist, does he mean mimer - they are welcome to her, hope she stays there for good
    happy pills that come in the form of a big wad of cash!!
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by no1abbafan View Post
    I hope it all fails for her over there

Thread Information