Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glendaenders Eastenders

Glendaenders Eastenders

Glynis Barber has confirmed that her EastEnders character Glenda Mitchell will be leaving Albert Square next month.

Writing on her official website, the star revealed that Glenda is about to find herself increasingly isolated in Walford - prompting her to leave the area behind.

Glenda first appeared on screens in January 2010 and has been at the centre of many dramas in the past year, as her schemes and secrets have caused a stir among the Mitchells.

Speaking of her EastEnders departure, Barber told her online fans: "2010 was a busy and exciting year for me playing Glenda Mitchell in EastEnders. After Glenda manages to alienate practically everyone on Albert Square, she makes her exit in March 2011.

"But will she be back in the future to wreak more havoc? Well 'she ain't dead' so anything is possible... watch this space!"

Barber added that she is currently "working on a yoga-based project with a view to bringing out a DVD later this year".

The actress's screen daughter Samantha Womack (Ronnie Branning) is also due to depart EastEnders in the months ahead.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-02-2011), Dutchgirl (27-02-2011), JustJodi (09-03-2011), moonstorm (27-02-2011), Siobhan (27-02-2011), tammyy2j (01-03-2011)

EastEnders star Glynis Barber has revealed that viewers can expect "sad and emotional" scenes as her character Glenda Mitchell departs Walford in next week's episodes.

Glenda - who first appeared on Albert Square more than a year ago - makes her exit from the BBC soap after her daughters Ronnie (Samantha Womack) and Roxy (Rita Simons) both turn against her in a forthcoming storyline.

Roxy is the first to reject her mother after she becomes convinced that Glenda was the schemer behind the theft of her money - falling for the lies of her cousin Phil, who was the real culprit.

Meanwhile, Ronnie has her own reasons to want Glenda away from Walford when she begins to suspect that the feisty blonde knows the truth about her baby secret.

Discussing her exit script, Barber commented: "I felt sorry for Glenda because at the end of the day she's innocent. She didn't actually steal Roxy's money - it was Phil, so it was really sad and emotional for me to be filming. When Glenda leaves, she's completely hurt and humiliated so the emotion comes through in the scenes."

Explaining why Glenda leaves Walford, she continued: "Glenda's been rejected by her girls as well as Phil. No-one wants her or seems to care about her. She's devastated. She loves her girls and without them she's all alone in the world."

Barber added that she would not rule out a return for Glenda at some point in the future.

"The stage is all set for her to come back so you'll have to wait and see," she said. "I'd quite like to see her with a different status, either with a strong male lead or with a lot of money!"

Here, in a quick Q&A, actress Glynis Barber discusses Glenda's exit.

What was your first reaction when you read your exit script?
    "I felt sorry for Glenda because at the end of the day she's innocent. She didn't actually steal Roxy's money - it was Phil, so it was really sad and emotional for me to be filming. When Glenda leaves, she's completely hurt and humiliated so the emotion comes through in the scenes."

Do you think Glenda was a good mother to Ronnie and Roxy?
    "She isn't the most maternal woman but these few weeks she's really tried to be a good mother to both of her girls. She moved into Albert Square so that she could be near her girls, but it's all backfired for her now."

Does Glenda love her daughters equally?
    "When we first saw her she was closer to Ronnie because Ronnie had known her for longer before Glenda left, whereas Roxy was Archie's girl. But by the time Glenda left, it was more or less equal, I think. Glenda was similar to both of them in different ways."

Does Glenda realise that Ronnie's strange behaviour is caused by more than just post-natal depression, as Ronnie suspects?
    "Yes and no - she knows that there's something definitely wrong with Ronnie, but I think that she thinks it's the post-natal depression and that maybe Ronnie is heading towards a bit of a breakdown. She's very concerned and frightened for her daughter."

Before Glenda leaves, we see Ronnie lure her to Phil's office where he's waiting for her. Is Glenda shocked by Ronnie's betrayal?
    "Yes, it really hurts her. It's like Ronnie's stabbing Glenda in the back. Ronnie has put her into the clutches of Phil, who's a dangerous man, especially when he's mad. She knows that Phil will stop at nothing to get her out of the Square."

Glenda seems to have made things worse for herself by revealing her affair with Phil. Does she regret that decision?
    "Yes, at the time she was desperate to try and make Roxy understand that Phil was setting her up over the stolen money, but then she worries about what Shirley is going to do to her and both of her girls have deserted her. She has no home and no money - she's frightened."

Does Glenda still have feelings for Phil?
    "Definitely - she has a lot of unresolved business with Phil. She wanted them to be a couple but now her plan's fallen apart. She hates him, there's bad blood there now. Phil tells her the worst thing he could about their affair - that he was just using her. This is the last thing that Glenda wants to hear."

Before Glenda leaves, Shirley has one last confrontation with her. What was it like filming your last scenes with Linda Henry?
    "It's a hard scene, because Shirley's so angry at Glenda but it was really emotional for me. Glenda's been rejected by her girls as well as Phil. No-one wants her or seems to care about her. She's devastated. She loves her girls and without them she's all alone in the world."

Do you think we'll see Glenda back on Albert Square one day?
    "Possibly, you'll have to watch this space! The stage is all set for her to come back so you'll have to wait and see. I'd quite like to see her with a different status, either with a strong male lead or with a lot of money!"

Could you see Glenda and Phil reuniting again if Glenda ever came back to the Square?
    "Maybe, but Glenda would need to exact her revenge first. Glenda won't be able to let go of what Phil has done to her - she's got a score to settle. It could be her life mission to get revenge on Phil Mitchell! She definitely wants revenge on Phil for how he treated her - there's a lot of bad blood there now. She's devastated that she's essentially lost both of her daughters, they were the main people in her life."

DS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (01-03-2011), tammyy2j (01-03-2011)

So no one will believe her about her affair with Phil

EastEnders star Glynis Barber has hinted her character Glenda Mitchell may return to haunt Phil. Skip related content

Glenda is leaving the soap in March, but Glynis has warned that Phil will have to keep looking over his shoulder, as he may not have seen the last of her.

She told Inside Soap magazine: "Glenda won't be able to let go of what Phil's done to her - she's got a score to settle."

She added: "There's a lot of bad blood there now. It could be her life's mission to take revenge on Phil!"

Glynis joined the show as Ronnie and Roxy's troublemaking mum in January 2010, and made a big impression on Albert Square in her short time there.

And Glynis is already planning how she would like to make her comeback.

She revealed: "The stage is all set to get Glenda to come back at some point.

"I'd quite like it if she returned to Walford one day with a strong new man - or with lots of money!"

PA

Quote Originally Posted by perdita View Post
    skip related content

wtf??????

This thread has a ridiculous title.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat2687 View Post
    This thread has a ridiculous title.
    Actually I thought it was quite witty but thank you so much for your constructive yet rather pointless post

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (09-03-2011), moonstorm (05-03-2011), parkerman (05-03-2011), Siobhan (06-03-2011), Trinity (06-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Actually I thought it was quite witty but thank you so much for your constructive yet rather pointless post
    Well this title doesn't offend. Thought it was witty as well for a change.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchgirl For This Useful Post:

alan45 (06-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    Well this title doesn't offend. Thought it was witty as well for a change.
    I appreciate your response

Believe it or not I never set out to offend. My sense of humour sometimes is different to the norm and upsets those of an EE Disposition

I understand it is your sense of humor.And thanks for your comment on not out there to offend, I apreciate that.

But I do not like it if people are referred to by physical appearances. Dwarf etc.... But that is also a personal thing.

Thread Information