Page 658 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668708758 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 11334

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

would imran and sabeen as exs be seen as conflict in court plus imran as kelly's foster parent

did james sign a big money contract with that football club

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Do Weathy United fans actually go to the games or are they like West Ham fans in Walford ?
    Steve and Tim do, when they dress up in their wealthy County shirts and look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    did james sign a big money contract with that football club
    He got ?30,000 for a magazine interview, but I do not think he got big money for signing for the club. The players in our local teams, don't get paid enough to give up their full time jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    He got ?30,000 for a magazine interview, but I do not think he got big money for signing for the club. The players in our local teams, don't get paid enough to give up their full time jobs.
    I do think Weathy County are above purely local league level, like the Isthmian League. I think they are either in League Two or the National League. As such their players would certainly be paid enough to live on.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I do think Weathy County are above purely local league level, like the Isthmian League. I think they are either in League Two or the National League. As such their players would certainly be paid enough to live on.
    Not if their only fans are Steve and Tim

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-09-2021)

I have been giving this matter a lot of thought, far more than it merits. They have been rather vague about where Weathy County are placed , and the more I think about the less sense it makes. The fact that Tommy O has an agent seems to suggest a higher position and that he earns a fair amount, the internet seems to suggest an average of ?1,000 a week in league two. James on the other hand, who replaced Tommy, got excited when he was offered ?30,000 for the magazine article, but if he is on similar money to Tommy then he must already have a few quid in savings given that he is living at home with his parents in a terraced house. He certain does not seem to have the lifestyle of someone earning that sort of money. But then Weathy County's sponsor is the Weatherfield Gazette, which given the state of most local newspapers cannot be a large amount. In short I do not think we are meant to know where Weathy County sit in the league or are even meant to think about it. I am going to stop before my brain hurts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (05-09-2021)

Red face

I have been giving this matter a lot of thought, far more than it merits. They have been rather vague about where Weathy County are placed , and the more I think about the less sense it makes. The fact that Tommy O has an agent seems to suggest a higher position and that he earns a fair amount, the internet seems to suggest an average of ?1,000 a week in league two. James on the other hand, who replaced Tommy, got excited when he was offered ?30,000 for the magazine article, but if he is on similar money to Tommy then he must already have a few quid in savings given that he is living at home with his parents in a terraced house. He certain does not seem to have the lifestyle of someone earning that sort of money. But then Weathy County's sponsor is the Weatherfield Gazette, which given the state of most local newspapers cannot be a large amount. In short I do not think we are meant to know where Weathy County sit in the league or are even meant to think about it. I am going to stop before my brain hurts.
    You need to get out more

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-09-2021)

Here you go...still a bit vague about exactly where they are now, but it's a start: https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/...ield_County_FC

Here you go...still a bit vague about exactly where they are now, but it's a start: https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/...ield_County_FC
    Thanks for this - I have already seen this page, that's how I know Weatherfield County sponsor them. As you say still vague, reckon this is deliberate so they can tailor the club to suit current storylines.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-09-2021 at 16:28.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (05-09-2021)

Thread Information