Page 942 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 4428428929329409419429439449529921042 ... LastLast
Results 9,411 to 9,420 of 12368

Thread: Emmerdale - Current Episode Discussion - III

I do not think Samson Is necessarily a monster. I think the shock of the news that Amelia was pregnant, and the perceived change in his life was just too much for him to come to terms with. One minute he was making plans for his future after getting good exam results, then suddenly he feels all this is being taken away from him, at the prospect of being a teenage dad. Hopefully when he has time to reflect, he will adopt a more reasonable attitude.

I think children are forced to grow up too quickly nowadays, I think the change from playing children's games to sexual awakening seems to happen overnight. And now with pressures generated on the internet, influencers, marketing and advertizing targetting teens, is very difficult for them to develop at their own pace. Both Noah and Samson have found themselves in situations that they are not mature enough to handle. Noah's concern for Amelia has shown him not to be the monster, Kerry and Amy paint him to be. Without their pressure I wonder if Chloe would have went to the police, and Noah might have escaped a criminal record. Now we wait to see if Samson suffers the same fate, as Amelia would have been 15 at the time.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 28-08-2022 at 12:44.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (28-08-2022), Perdita (28-08-2022), Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    It's all right being annoyed at the consequences but BOTH are to blame not just Amelia as he seemed to be saying. He was all about me me me and seemed to have no idea the difficulties that Amelia will have to handle for the next 18 years.
    I still think if Amelia had told him as soon as she realised she was pregnant he would have reacted differently. I would be scared if I was 15/16 and suddenly was faced with parenthood. At least Amelia gets lots of support, I hope Samson gets it from the Dingles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (28-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I still think if Amelia had told him as soon as she realised she was pregnant he would have reacted differently. I would be scared if I was 15/16 and suddenly was faced with parenthood. At least Amelia gets lots of support, I hope Samson gets it from the Dingles.
    she didn't know she was pregnant until quite recently, they went from friends talking to no contact

the dingles have experience with young teen mothers in debbie and charity

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she didn't know she was pregnant until quite recently, they went from friends talking to no contact

the dingles have experience with young teen mothers in debbie and charity
    Charity and no support at all when she had her first two and i don't recall Debbie having much support

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    From what I can gather though he's literally just dropped her as soon as they had sex and had virtually no contact with her since. I think if I was in Amelia's shoes I wouldn't exactly be rushing out to tell him either. I found out I was pregnant after I'd split with my ex and even though I lost the baby before I'd decided I don't think I'd have told him as I really wouldn't have wanted him in our lives.

Then the way that Samson was talking about her to Noah even before Noah told him she's pregnant he seemed like a right little toerag who had only been interested in getting his leg over. Not to mention about his comment to Sam and Lydia making out he was hard done by as "it's the girl's responsibilty to not get pregnant". Even though he's just had this dropped on him, there's no need for him to go on the way he was trying to tell (screaming at) Amelia that she had to have an abortion or have the baby adopted. He was very much only concerned about himself and didn't seem to even want to aknowledge that it's going to have a big impact on her life too. He was shouting about wanting to have been told before abortion was out of the question but at the end of the day it's her body and her decision and he doesn't have the right to try and make her have an abortion either way.
    Last edited by hward; 28-08-2022 at 19:11.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (29-08-2022), lizann (28-08-2022), Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by hward View Post
    From what I can gather though he's literally just dropped her as soon as they had sex and had virtually no contact with her since. I think if I was in Amelia's shoes I wouldn't exactly be rushing out to tell him either. I found out I was pregnant after I'd split with my ex and even though I lost the baby before I'd decided I don't think I'd have told him as I really wouldn't have wanted him in our lives.

Then the way that Samson was talking about her to Noah even before Noah told him she's pregnant he seemed like a right little toerag who had only been interested in getting his leg over. Not to mention about his comment to Sam and Lydia making out he was hard done by as "it's the girl's responsibilty to not get pregnant". Even though he's just had this dropped on him, there's no need for him to go on the way he was trying to tell (screaming at) Amelia that she had to have an abortion or have the baby adopted. He was very much only concerned about himself and didn't seem to even want to aknowledge that it's going to have a big impact on her life too. He was shouting about wanting to have been told before abortion was out of the question but at the end of the day it's her body and her decision and he doesn't have the right to try and make her have an abortion either way.
    Amelia needs to contact the CMS as soon as the child is born.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2022)

FWIW, I think this is a thought provoking storyline for Emmerdale. Mainly based on Danny Kruger (Tory MP son of Prue Leith of GBBO fame) recently saying in parliament that he didn't think women should have full autonomy over their bodies and the repeal of Roe V Wade in the US. Often these type of issues are portrayed as either or without nuance/context.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzyBizzy For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (31-08-2022)

chas should open up to charity not open her legs for al

kerry acting all holier than thou prime and proper "mad emoji"

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    chas should open up to charity not open her legs for al

kerry acting all holier than thou prime and proper "mad emoji"
    At one time I liked Kerry.

I think Kerry was better in her earlier years. The longer she's stayed the more above herself she's got

Thread Information