Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Barlow (William Roache)

Is Ken ready for another relationship?

He hasn’t got over Deirdre yet, Nessa has come along and is naturally very forceful, it wasn’t that Ken was looking for a relationship, but Nessa’s the one that’s got the eyes for him and she went for Ken, he was almost overwhelmed by it.
    How important has Audrey’s friendship been in helping him cope?

He’s known Audrey for 30 years, she's been married to other people but they’ve always had a very nice respect for each other. She's respected the fact that Ken is a University Graduate, has a Degree. Since the death of Deirdre she has been very warm and very sympathetic, which is laying down the foundation so when the time is right, their relationship could grow.
    How does Ken think Audrey feels about him?

He knows that she likes him and that they get on but I don’t think he knows, he’s a bit wary about whether she feels the same way about him that he feels about her, and this is something that’s to be explored, so no. They like each other they know that.

It would be easier to say how is she the same, totally diametrically apposed. Audrey is gentle, strong, with a quiet sense of humour. Nessa is outgoing, over confident, rushes in without thinking, pulls everything along, and she even gets Ken on a bike and doing all sorts which is great fun, whether it’ll last I’m not sure, but it’s still early days.

Well, he said “let’s go back to my place” and she said “well I can stay the night if you like”, then she said “oh oh I’m sorry” because she’s very pushy and I think he was completely taken by surprise. I think it was more that he didn’t want to upset her than any other reason.
    Is he aware that Audrey knows what’s going on?

Yes he does know.
    Cathy thinks she’s trouble – Does Ken have any inkling she might be bad news?

Yeah, he realises that she doesn’t think, she acts before putting any thought into something. So soon enough she’s going to get herself into trouble, and Ken pretty quickly sees that.
    Does he ever think that they might be too different? Or does he just enjoy the company?

He’s partly enjoying the company, he keeps saying things like “well Deirdre wouldn’t want me to sit around moping”, but I think he's justifying the fact he doesn’t think like she does. but she’s really good fun, there’s no doubt about that, and hopefully the viewers find her fun too.
    Is Ken embarrassed when Tracy finds Nessa making breakfast? What does she say?

Well, he was expecting trouble from Tracy, there’s always trouble from Tracy, so he defends Nessa because, he didn’t plan it, he didn’t look for it, but it happened, so he has to defend her, which he does, but I think his heart isn’t in it, inside he doesn’t feel it’s right, at the time.

What would Ken do if he knew Audrey had feelings for him? Would he end things with Nessa?
    If he knew that, he would drop everything! He would like to think that she had feelings for
    him, but he doesn’t know. He certainly has for her, but he hasn’t allowed himself to open up and express them until he’s fully over Deirdre.
    Do you think Ken and Audrey would make a good couple?

I do, I really do, this is me Bill Roache speaking, when I first heard the producers say this is
    what they're going to do, I thought it was a great idea, it’s amazing after all these years of just being friends, but it’s going to be stretched out, it will be on and off, they're not just going to get together, bang get married because there’s no story there. There’ll definitely be problems.
    Have you enjoyed working closely with Sue Nicholls?

Sue is brilliant to work with and so is Sadie who plays Nessa, as an actress she’s brilliant and I love her dearly, I have enjoyed working with her very much.

Coronation Street actor Bill Roache is looking for love, both on and off the screen.

Things are looking particularly promising for his character Ken Barlow, who Roache believes is due another onscreen wife.

Roache told The Mirror: "I'm looking forward to my 100th birthday. I'll probably still be in the Street, maybe looking for another wife. Ken and I could both find love, who knows?

"There's one more in Ken. I'd like to think he could marry again. And for me, I've thought about it, and you never say no. Something's going to come around the corner one day."

Romance certainly seems to be on the cards for Ken Barlow and Audrey Roberts, and we might not have to wait long for sparks to fly.

"I probably moved on more quickly than Ken," he continued. "I can't say what happens with Audrey, but it's looking good."

Roache also recently spoke fondly of his late Coronation Street co-star Anne Kirkbride, revealing what he said to her before she passed away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2016)

Coronation Street legend Bill Roache has confirmed Ken Barlow and Audrey Roberts will become a couple.
    The long-term friends have been skirting around the issue for weeks, but they will finally make it official in the coming weeks.
    But don’t expect to see the two veteran residents getting steamy because Bill says they are too old to be enjoying some “hanky panky”.
    He told the Daily Star: “They’re going to pair me off with Audrey, which I like. She’s such a lovely person and I’m really looking forward to it.
    “It’s amazing, after all these years of just being friends, but it’s going to be stretched out, there’ll definitely be problems.
    “Ken has known Audrey for 30 years, she’s been married but they’ve always had a very nice respect for each other.”
    “We’re getting a bit old for hanky-panky – to have it on screen, anyway! Over a certain age they don’t want to see that side of it but it will be the romantic side more cerebral than physical – I think so anyway!”

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-03-2016), swmc66 (26-03-2016)

I just watched his who do you think you are on Bbciplayer. Its worth watching

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-03-2016)

There could be disaster in store for Ken Barlow as more family dramas in Coronation Street leave him fearing for his life as his health remains in the balance following his stroke. With secrets being held by Peter, Adam and Daniel, tensions are about to explode and Ken admits that he fears the stress is going to put him in his grave.
    When Adam’s car is stolen, he automatically concludes that Daniel is to blame as the lad has been lashing out while Tracy and Peter investigate his living situation. As a row breaks out and Adam outright accuses Daniel of stealing, Ken feels drained and tells his family that the constant arguing could be fatal for him.
    Peter decides that it’s time that he stepped up to the plate and he vows to try and ease tensions between Daniel and Adam by talking to them separately. Can he bring harmony (or as close to harmony as there has ever been) back to the Barlow household?
    Or could the conflict be set to have tragic consequences for Ken?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-11-2016)

In addition to that ken went to visit daniel in 2011 so this secret history does not make sense. Daniel is 21 and his mum walked out on him when he was 15 and Ken only finds out now?

is ken looking well recovering quick must be having all his family around

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (18-11-2016)

I think he is acting it out well

14. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-11-2016)

ken's stroke recovery needs consistency and also where is his walking aid stick

no physio or clinic follow ups for ken

Thread Information