in a written item - but I did think and still do that he was
    belittling and patronising viewers -particularly the more
    dedicated ones. Its all in the words - but I doubt he
    has the finesse to mislead. Or if he has - hasnt shown
    it yet.
    Possibly similar sentiments expressed by someone
    else in a different manner - would come across
    quite differently.
    Yes, I see your edit now, but you only edited the second of a double post and I read (and quoted) the first one.

The wording makes little difference anyway, as I understood your intent (and I still vehemently disagree with it!). Dominic has been the guiding hand that's helped pull EE back from the brink (I found it unwatchable for 18 months until he came on board - as did many others), so I think he must be a very clever man. Therefore, I think he probably has plenty of finesse.

I haven't read anything that sounds patronising so I'm a bit baffled by your assertion, but we all see things differently I suppose!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-01-2015 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    She was in tonight's episode (though I don't think she spoke).
    really i didn't see her still don't think it is her

Unhappy

Yes, I see your edit now, but you only edited the second of a double post and I read (and quoted) the first one.

The wording makes little difference anyway, as I understood your intent (and I still vehemently disagree with it!). Dominic has been the guiding hand that's helped pull EE back from the brink (I found it unwatchable for 18 months until he came on board - as did many others), so I think he must be a very clever man. Therefore, I think he probably has plenty of finesse.

I haven't read anything that sounds patronising so I'm a bit baffled by your assertion, but we all see things differently I suppose!
    Yes the same words can be received in different ways by different people.
    When we have the reveal and its known how its recd generally by viewers
    (master -plot v con- trick) then it will be clear how well producer is doing.
    Soap figures are generally with a few blips in.decline and members of
    forums are a small% of that figure.
    I do know people who.think he is great -as u do. Some who think
    hes made things worse and those who think.same old - same old.
    It depends on what type of story-lines and characters people prefer.

I do think soaps were better in general and more people watched
    when Producers were in the background doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    When we have the reveal and its known how its recd generally by viewers
    (master -plot v con- trick) then it will be clear how well producer is doing.

I do think soaps were better in general and more people watched
    when Producers were in the background doing the job.
    Even if we hate the Lucy reveal and believe it to be gimmicky etc, it doesn't mean that the producer is pulling a con trick. Whether I'm disappointed in the choice of murderer or not, I'll still assume that DTC and his team have tried their hardest to make an exciting, satisfying and unique story. He's previously worked on EE during a very successful era and is a long term fan, so I really don't think that he has the cynical attitude you're implying, MM (though I don't doubt that some soap producers do).

I don't love everything he's done so far - Alfie Moon's arrogant attitude and arson for instance - but I do know that EE is a lot more watchable than it was a couple of years ago. The current high viewing figures bear me out on this.

Part of the job description in these days of social media is to publicise the show and that's not likely to change. DTC may not enjoy that aspect of the job for all we know.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-01-2015 at 21:47.

I think it will be revealed that the killer is Pam or Les or both the Crokers which will be a let down big time

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think it will be revealed that the killer is Pam or Les or both the Crokers which will be a let down big time
    I think that's unlikely to happen because the reveal needs to be high impact, especially given it'll be during the 30th anniversary week. We've been told the reveal will be emotional and make sense, so unless something big happens with the Cokers in the next six weeks, I just can't see it being them (unless the rumours of Les being a longtime serial killer are true ). They could have some peripheral involvement of course.

I think that's unlikely to happen because the reveal needs to be high impact, especially given it'll be during the 30th anniversary week. We've been told the reveal will be emotional and make sense, so unless something big happens with the Cokers in the next six weeks, I just can't see it being them (unless the rumours of Les being a longtime serial killer are true ). They could have some peripheral involvement of course.
    Like the killer being Nick Cotton and they're involved because they were supposed to have buried him.....

P.S. It would also be a nod to history if the killer turned out to be Nick on the 30th anniversary episode as he killed Reg Cox which is where Eastenders all began......
    Last edited by parkerman; 03-01-2015 at 09:05.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-01-2015), owenlee4me (03-01-2015), Perdita (03-01-2015)

Think you meaning Whitney? LIzann, if so, i saw her going into the Minute Mart and of course she was in the Vic last night, but no I agree can't see it being her, even thou she's kind of out of EE by moving away.
    Did Emma not say on her phone, "that's no excuse" to the "supposed" murderer, so my thinking is, the murderer did not mean to kill Lucy and it will possibly end up being a Manslaughter so possibly no charge will be made and no P45?? Just a thought!
    Last edited by owenlee4me; 03-01-2015 at 12:37.

My post was doubled, no idea why, can anyone tell me what i did to have my post duplicated?
    Last edited by owenlee4me; 03-01-2015 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by owenlee4me View Post
    My post was doubled, no idea why, can anyone tell me what i did to have my post duplicated?
    You didn't do anything. It happens to all of us. It's a strange quirk of this site - and this site only - that apparently everyone is powerless to do anything about.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

owenlee4me (03-01-2015)

Thread Information