Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie Condou (Marcus Dent)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Coronation Street star Samia Ghadie had admitted that she is sad over co-star Charlie Condou's decision to leave the soap.

The pair's characters Maria Connor and Marcus Dent are currently in a relationship on screen, but there is set to be trouble ahead as viewers will see Marcus fall for Todd in the New Year.

Condou announced his upcoming Coronation Street departure last month, adding that his exit storyline would be exciting.

Reflecting on the news, Ghadie said to Inside Soap: "He's lovely, he's so easy to work with - it will be strange not having him around.

"Obviously I knew that Maria and Marcus wouldn't stay together, because Maria's love life never runs smoothly and Marcus is gay!

"I knew they were doomed, so I knew that me and Charlie wouldn't be working closely forever. But I was really sad to hear that he was going."

When Marcus Dent [CHARLIE CONDOU] bumps into Sean in a gay bar in town he realises he no longer fits in. Returning home will he and Maria Connor [SAMIA GHADIE] kiss and make up?

Ghadie also suggested that her character could reunite with former boyfriend Tyrone Hobbs.

She said: "I really enjoyed her being with Tyrone. I think everyone fondly remembers Maria and Tyrone being together, which is nice.

"You never know, they might get back together - stranger things have happened."
    Yeah that's what corrie needs is another broken relationship in Corrie. Let's break up Tyrone & Fiz because Samia is a terrible actor and can't hold her own in the show she needs a man to help her. Maybe she can hook back up with Nick as there's not many men left on the street she hasn't been involved with.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Charlie Condou has explained his exit from Coronation Street, saying he chose to leave for his family.

The actor, who plays Marcus Dent, has quit the ITV soap and will finish filming in early summer.

Condou, who lives in London with partner Cameron Laux, revealed that he made the decision to exit the show after his 4-year-old daughter Georgia asked him not to leave the house as he was setting off to film.

"It was just getting too difficult. Georgia is at an age now where she was saying, 'How long are you away for this week?' and 'When are you going to be back, daddy?'" he told The Mirror.

"At my busiest I was getting home late on a Friday night and going back to Manchester on Sunday afternoon. I just wasn't getting that time with my kids."

However, Condou went on to say that the soap's bosses are not planning to write Marcus out forever.

"The producer said the door would be left open, so Marcus isn't going to be killed off. That's always a really nice thing to hear," he added.

"I'm not under any illusions and saying I'm off to Hollywood. Obviously I want to do other things, but it's nice to know that I could go back in the future."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-02-2014), swmc66 (15-02-2014)

Coronation Street star Charlie Condou has confirmed that he wouldn't rule out a future return to the soap.

The actor will leave his role as Marcus Dent in the summer after deciding that he wants to spend more time with his family in London, but producers have chosen not to kill off his character.

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine today (March 27), Condou said that he is glad Marcus won't be getting a grisly ending.

He explained: "I've got a bit more time [left]. I'm not leaving until June, so I think I'm on screen until August or something like that. They told me that nothing hideous is going to happen!"

Discussing his future plans, the 41-year-old continued: "It's a bit early for me to start meeting on things yet, but there's a few things that are around and about, so hopefully I'll get a job!

"You look at people like Kate Kelly who's in Mr Selfridge now and Julie Hesmondhalgh who's just left and is now doing so many things. Hopefully there'll be life after Corrie. They're leaving it open for me anyway, so if there isn't, hopefully I can come back!"

Marcus has recently faced a backlash on the cobbles after cheating on Maria Connor with Todd Grimshaw.

Viewers saw Marcus settle down with Maria and her young son Liam in a surprising storyline in late 2012, but Todd's return to Weatherfield led to the destruction of Marcus's relationship.

Condou said: "Even when he was with Sean, he wanted to have kids and they wanted to adopt - and he's always wanted a family. I think he got caught up in all of that and he wanted to be a family - and I think he did love Maria. I think he really loved her, but it wasn't to be."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (27-03-2014)

Charlie Condou has filmed his last scenes in Coronation Street.

The actor, who plays Marcus Dent, announced his decision to quit the ITV soap in November 2013.

After completing his final day of shooting on Tuesday (May 27), he tweeted:

Over and out pic.twitter.com/iYnj8HDDN6

— Charlie Condou (@Charliecondou) May 27, 2014

Condou recently explained his exit, saying he chose to leave for his family.

The star, who lives in London with partner Cameron Laux, revealed that he made the decision to exit the show after his 4-year-old daughter Georgia asked him not to leave the house as he was setting off to film.

"It was just getting too difficult. Georgia is at an age now where she was saying, 'How long are you away for this week?' and 'When are you going to be back, daddy?'" he told The Mirror.

"At my busiest I was getting home late on a Friday night and going back to Manchester on Sunday afternoon. I just wasn't getting that time with my kids."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (28-05-2014)

Thread Information