Bradley Walsh has refused to rule out a return to Coronation Street in the future.

The 53-year-old - who played Danny Baldwin between 2004 and 2006 - said that he will "never say never" to a possible comeback.

"You never say never in this business, so maybe, if the moons were aligned that way," he told The Mirror.

The actor and presenter revealed that the late Bill Tarmey, who played Jack Duckworth in the ITV soap, had warned him against allowing his character to be killed off.

"The great Bill Tarmey was a lovely man and once gave me some brilliant advice. He said, 'Whatever you do son, never let them kill you off because one day it'll be your pension.'

"So I had it written into my contract that my character, Danny, wouldn't be killed off. He's not dead so you never know..."

Walsh was previously tipped to return to the show in 2007 but sources suggested he was too busy with other work commitments.

He also said that he would love to reprise his Coronation Street role in an interview in 2010, saying: "It was a fantastic show and a great character."

Walsh recently filmed a US pilot of his quiz show The Chase for Fox.