Thread: X-Factor: Abba Week

X-Factor: Abba Week

From The Sun: 30.10.2006

Waterlooser

MAMA Mia! X Factor judges have admitted next week’s Abba-themed show is going to be “car crash” television.

Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne say we’ll cringe as wannabes perform the Swedish band’s hits such as Waterloo.

Sharon winced: “Yuck! I don’t think anyone can perform Abba songs apart from Abba.” And Simon told TV Biz yesterday: “It is going to be a car crash . . . it should be very funny.”

Already things don’t look good. Judge Louis Walsh wants the MacDonald Brothers to sing Fernando — with BAGPIPES.

X FACTOR ratings hit 9.5 million while BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing peaked at 8.6 million viewers.

Kiss bliss for saucy Sharon

SHARON Osbourne says Simon Cowell is a “wonderful kisser”.

She was shocked as Simon smooched her during Saturday’s show after she hailed his act, Leona.

But axed Dionne Mitchell, 26, blasted Simon saying his criticism was a “personal attack”.

As we predicted there was surprise double eviction and Kerry McGregor was also axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Humphries
    SHARON Osbourne says Simon Cowell is a “wonderful kisser”.
    I bet he is Sharons was well lucky getting to kiss simon x

I like Abba songs there great. I think a lot of the contestants will be good. As for the bagpipes to fernando bring it on.
    Another fantastic banner by Vixie-Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek chick
    I bet he is Sharons was well lucky getting to kiss simon
    Was thiking the exact same Did we have any doubt he'd be anything else but a good kisser? No

i love abba, so glad they've brought these themed weeks into x-factor, it stops everyone doing the same crappy kareoke songs everyweek! and i remember when they had an abba week on pop idol years ago, i really sorted the men from the boys, abba songs are really hard to sing!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo
    abba songs are really hard to sing!
    ...but catchy..

I hope Ben and Ashley fall flat on their faces.

Oy you miss amnesia Jokes.

Leave my Ben and Ashley alone

I do think this is going to be a hard week for them all tough. Apart from Leona I think she might do well

Former X Factor finalist Kerry McGregor has died, aged 37.

The Scottish singer, who competed in the 2006 series of the ITV1 competition, was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2010.

A previous update had said that the mother-of-one was making "remarkable progress" after undergoing "extensive treatment".

Her management confirmed: "It is with deep sadness we announce that Kerry passed away at home, earlier today following a battle with cancer. At this time, our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends. Further details will be released in due course."

Speaking about her cancer battle last year, McGregor told The Sun: "It was small cell cancer, one of the fastest-spreading. I wasn't surprised. The fight is long, but I want to live. I've got so much more to give."

McGregor, who used a wheelchair and crutches after being left paralysed as a result of an accident when she was 13, was mentored by Sharon Osbourne during the her time on The X Factor.

She said that Osbourne, who also fought the disease, had "been great to [her] previously, and even more so now".

Commenting via her Twitter page this evening, Osbourne wrote: "So sad about Kerry McGregor's passing. Much love and respect to her and her family."

She was almost chosen to represent the UK in Eurovision 1997, with her song placing second to Katrina and the Waves in The Great British Song Contest.

Outside of singing, McGregor also appeared in BBC's Grange Hill and Channel 4's The Book Group, as well as a number of theatre and radio productions.

RIP Kerry

This is so sad another young life lost.

R.I.P Kerry

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Rest In Peace Kerry
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 05-01-2012 at 17:21.

Thread Information