Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought they did - Sasha and Spencer or Sasha and Calvin went and identified a body I think
    Well how on earth they going to explain him coming back?? Should be interesting.

Was it all a dream???

Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox, 'Hollyoaks') DS Interview

Hollyoaks fans were left stunned earlier this month when the soap's bosses announced that Jamie Lomas had returned to the role of Warren Fox. Viewers thought that they had seen the last of the notorious villain when he appeared to be killed by a falling ceiling mirror during a fire at The Loft in May 2009. However, in a huge storyline twist, the Hollyoaks residents are about to discover that Warren made it out of the burning club alive - before fleeing the village. With Warren about to make his screen comeback, DS recently chatted to Jamie about what's in store.

How did the return to Hollyoaks come about?
    "Back in June or July, I received a phone call from [producer] Paul Marquess with the pitch of bringing Warren back. As far as I was concerned, Warren was dead and buried, but I was aware that the viewers had never actually seen his body. So Paul came to me with this genius plot and it was just too good to turn down as an actor - it's got so many twists and turns in it, and intrigue and mystery. As an actor that's what you want to do, and I always loved playing Warren when I was here before. When I left under Bryan Kirkwood, my character had run its course, but Paul has basically brought in a new cast so there's so much scope for new stories. You know what Warren's like - he's just going to come straight in and cause mayhem!"

A storyline where a character comes 'back from the dead' is always going to be a bit controversial, so did you have any reservations about returning?
    "Well, it's like I said before, the saving grace was that they never actually saw my body - all they saw was me getting hit by a mirror. So we're going to do a whole storyline on how Warren got out, what happened and whose body it was that they found badly burnt. It's really exciting and I think the fans are going to love it."

We've heard that you've filmed some flashback scenes showing what really happened in The Loft fire - can you tell us anything about them?
    "I can't really say anything about them! It's all top secret. Like I said, I knew about this storyline in June or July, and I went to the Hollyoaks charity ball a few weeks later and a lot of my fellow cast members were there who I used to work with. They're extremely good friends of mine and I even had to keep it a secret from them! That was really difficult. All I can say about the storyline is that it'll have everybody hooked and for me, it's just a delight to be playing this character again."

Can you tell us what Warren's main motive for leaving the village was?
    "Well, he was in a bad way. Obviously he killed Louise and found out that she was pregnant with his kid, and everything was getting on top of him. The net was closing in on him because I think he'd confessed to Calvin, and so he basically knew that it was the end of the road. So those are some of the reasons why he wanted to flee."

Does Warren come back with a bang, or he will he keep a bit of a low profile in the village at first?
    "I can't really say, but nothing is ever done subtly with Warren! The audience are going to be shocked. Also, pretty much as soon as he comes back, they're obviously going to have to explain everything and what happened."

How difficult was it for Warren to let Spencer and Katy think he was dead?
    "Warren is Warren and he just looks after number one. At the end of the day, Katy had left the village and she'd basically washed her hands of Warren. Warren just cares about himself - the only person who he watches out for is himself."

Has Warren changed much in the last year?
    "You'll see! All I can say is that he's come back to cause mayhem. Wherever he is, he can't help but cause trouble. He's just one of those people."

With Brendan Brady and Danny Houston also in the village, do you think Warren will meet his match in the bad boy stakes?
    "I hope so! But obviously Warren is scared of no man. Warren was always a character who got a kick out of rubbing people up the wrong way and winding them up. That's how Warren gets his kicks and if he knows that he's getting to people, that's what keeps him going. So there'll be loads of scope there for him. Brendan and Danny are the type of characters who won't be running to the police, so there's loads of room for good storylines and I'm really excited about it."

Have you received a warm welcome back from the Hollyoaks team?
    "Yeah, definitely! I know it sounds like a bit of a cliché, but when you're here for such a long time like I was - I was originally here for three years - these people become like your family. It's not just the cast, it's the production and the crew and everyone from make-up. I mean, I walked into make-up and everyone was saying, 'I can't believe you're back!' It's a lovely place to work and the people are great. They welcomed me back with open arms."

It was Bryan Kirkwood who first introduced the character of Warren to Hollyoaks - have you spoken to him about your decision to return?
    "I haven't spoken to him, but he did send me a text the other day when the news was reported in a paper. The paper said that I'd begged for my job back, which wasn't true! Bryan just said that he wished me all the best. Me and Bryan were always friends anyway. But obviously he's got his own stuff to deal with down at EastEnders, and I'm up here working for Paul! I'm a big fan of Paul's work, so I'm really excited about starting work for him."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas has admitted that he is "grateful" to have work.

It was confirmed last month that Lomas was to make a shock return to the Channel 4 soap as bad boy Warren Fox - eighteen months after his character appeared to have been killed off.

Lomas told the Manchester Evening News that he spent time in Hollywood looking for work.

"After leaving Hollyoaks I did go over to Hollywood for 10 days and had lots of meetings with management and I'd definitely consider going back," he said. "But for now, I'm just grateful I've got the work, and I'm really glad to be back.

"Every industry has been hit by the recession, and you only have to look at the Hollywood actors coming over here now to do TV work to see how tough it is."

He continued: "When I came out of Hollyoaks there was just nothing being made, I literally had 10 auditions in 16 months, whereas normally you'd be having that in two weeks."

The 30-year-old, who recently announced that he is expecting a child with Kym Marsh, confessed that he could not turn down the offer to reprise his role.

"When the producer told me the twists and turns of the plot I just thought it was too good to turn down," he said.

Jamie Lomas has praised a forthcoming Hollyoaks episode which will reveal the secrets behind his character's shock return.

The actor's villainous character Warren Fox made a comeback on the soap last month - more than a year after he had appeared to be killed off during a massive fire at The Loft.

Hollyoaks bosses recently confirmed that an upcoming edition of the Channel 4 drama will feature a series of flashbacks, showing viewers how Warren cheated death in the blaze.

Writing on Twitter this morning, Lomas teased: "In work filming how I got out of the fire, this ep is amazing…"

The star recently told DS that producers plan to explain "how Warren got out, what happened and whose body it was that they found badly burnt".

Speaking at the time, he added: "It's really exciting and I think the fans are going to love it."

Hollyoaks' special Warren episode is scheduled to air on December 1.

Exclusive: Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox, 'Hollyoaks')

Warren Fox takes centre stage in Hollyoaks on Wednesday evening as a special stand-alone episode explores how he managed to escape the fire at The Loft, what he did next and why he is back in the village. Following Warren's shock return at the end of October, fans have been eagerly awaiting an explanation of how he cheated death - and a series of flashbacks are about to reveal all. DS recently caught up with Jamie Lomas - who plays the villainous character - for an exclusive chat about the Warren-centric episode and more.

This interview contains plot details about the special edition which some readers may prefer to avoid.

How would you describe the special stand-alone episode?
    "It's full of stunts and basically we had to re-create The Loft and show how Warren escaped from the fire. The episode is full of twists and turns - it's such a fantastic episode. I haven't had a chance to watch it back yet as I've been so busy, but I've been told that it's brilliant."

How long did it take to film the episode?
    "We had to shoot it within four days, which will seem unbelievable when you see the footage that we've got. We were under pressure to get it done, but the audience needed an explanation of how Warren escaped so it was very important for us to get it done. We managed to finish it within the four days."

Did you get to do any of your own stunts?
    "I did pretty much all of it myself! The only thing I didn't do myself was a bit where you see Warren fall through the floor, because it was a 20 foot drop. I wanted to do it myself but they wouldn't let me, because I'm in so many scenes at the moment and they couldn't afford for me to get injured."

Was it difficult for the team to re-create the old Loft set?
    "I'm not sure how they did it, but they did it within a couple of days, which is just unbelievable when you see it. I remember walking in and I was just gobsmacked for them to have done that. It looked fantastic."

Were you happy with the explanation that the writers came up with for Warren's survival?
    "I was a bit worried at first, wondering whether it was going to be believable, but the story that they've come up with is fantastic and it's something that I'm really proud I could be a part of. The audience are definitely going to be amazed by it. It's such a high-energy episode that you blink and it's over! It's really good storytelling."

Which characters feature in the episode?
    "There's literally four characters in it, so it's a really stand-alone thing. One of those characters is Theresa - as we've just seen on screen, she's one of the reasons that he's come back…"

Next week's episodes see Warren's presence in the village revealed to everyone - how do the Hollyoaks residents react?
    "They look like they've seen a ghost! I don't think they're too happy that he's back, but there's not much that they can do!"

We've heard that Warren also gets arrested next week - how does that come about?
    "He gets arrested because the police think that he's faked his own death. But when he comes in, the police can't pin anything on him - he's never made out that he was dead and they can't prove he faked anything. It was obviously somebody's body that they found there and there was a mix-up with the DNA. Warren's like a slippery fish - you can't pin him down and he gets out of everything!"

We've also heard that your storyline is going to get a lot darker - can you give us any hints on what's in store?
    "All I can say is that it'll be worth watching. Warren is going darker and darker, which is great for me to play. It's going to be exciting stuff so you'll just have to tune in and watch it."

Do you think Warren might try to get the club back eventually?
    "He's definitely come back with an ulterior motive! He tends to get sucked into things and one thing leads to another. I think he'll definitely try to claim back what's his."

A lot of fans have been looking forward to seeing Warren and Brendan go head-to-head - could that happen soon?
    "I think it'll happen sooner rather than later! They couldn't keep those two apart - those two are definitely going to go head-to-head."

Will Warren carry on teaming up with Mandy to target Tony, or is he about to find another victim?
    "I think that the Warren and Mandy storyline may come to a head. But it's still going on for now and will do until the New Year. I don't know what they've written for after that. I filmed a scene with Tony yesterday where he sees Warren for the first time. I don't know where they're going to go with that one, to be honest!"

Finally, how have Hollyoaks fans reacted to your return?
    "To be honest, I've got no idea! I've literally been here 14 hours a day, six days a week. I've forgotten what the outside world looks like! I hope they've taken to it well, but I've got absolutely no idea!"

Hollyoaks' special Warren episode airs on Wednesday at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Jamie Lomas has revealed that luck will stay on the side of his villainous Hollyoaks character Warren Fox in the weeks ahead.

In scenes soon to air on the Channel 4 soap, Warren will be arrested by the police as they suspect he faked his own death in the devastating fire which raged through The Loft last year.

However, speaking in an exclusive interview with Digital Spy, Lomas confirmed that his sinister alter ego is likely to soon find a way out of the crisis.

The actor explained: "When he comes in, the police can't pin anything on him - he's never made out that he was dead and they can't prove he faked anything.

"It was obviously somebody's body that they found there and there was a mix-up with the DNA. Warren's like a slippery fish - you can't pin him down and he gets out of everything!"

Asked whether Warren will start focusing his attention on winning back The Loft - now rebranded as Chez Chez - Lomas replied: "He's definitely come back with an ulterior motive! He tends to get sucked into things and one thing leads to another. I think he'll definitely try to claim back what's his."

Meanwhile, on whether Warren is heading for a war with bad boy Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan), he said: "I think it'll happen sooner rather than later! They couldn't keep those two apart - those two are definitely going to go head-to-head."

Warren returned to the village at the end of October in a shock storyline twist. A special stand-alone episode which airs on Channel 4 tonight will explore the full story of his escape from the Loft blaze.

Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox ) to leave Hollyoaks!

Reports today reveal that Jamie Lomas will be leaving Hollyoaks at the end of his current contract.

Jamie who plays badboy Warren Fox will finish filming in October with Warren set to depart the village end of November/beginning of December time.

When asked if Warren would be killed off Jamie said he hoped the door would be left open!

From - http://www.soapsecrets-spoilers.com/...leavers?page=2

Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas has announced that he will be leaving the soap at the end of his current contract.

The actor films his final scenes for the Channel 4 show in October after a year back on screen in the role of Warren Fox.

Speaking of the news, Lomas told New magazine that he is bowing out of his own accord because he wants to pursue other projects.

"Last time I left, the recession hit and there wasn't much being made," the 31-year-old explained. "It's starting to pick up and I wanted to give it another crack of the whip. I want something completely different to Warren to show people I'm versatile."

Asked whether Hollyoaks bosses will leave the door open for his villainous character, he replied: "I would like to think they would. I'll have to wait and see."

However, Lomas ruled out a permanent move to the US to find acting work, insisting that his children and fiancée Kym Marsh come first.

"I've got my kids here. Moving out there permanently is out of the question," he said. "Yeah, I'd love to go out and do a pilot season because it's always been a dream of mine. Kym has been nothing but 100% behind me. That's the way a partnership is.

"In terms of people saying she's going to lose me to Hollywood, that's nonsense. We've just bought a house, we've got a baby."

Lomas's original stint on Hollyoaks ran from 2006 until 2009, when Warren appeared to be killed off in a fire at his nightclub The Loft.

However, show producers lured Lomas back late last year, devising a shock storyline which saw Warren return to the village to wreak havoc.

Warren's recent plotlines have seen him embark on a relationship with glamour girl Mitzeee and clash with business partner Brendan Brady.

He was glad to return before and he will be back again unless his missus gets him on Corrie

Thread Information