Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Fern Britton leaving This Morning

fern was aying on an interview that holly and phil are mates! so i think thats how she landed the job(a case of who you know)
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Holly Willoughby confirmed as 'This Morning' co-host

SHAMED presenter John Leslie has been snubbed for Fern Britton's farewell show tomorrow - as TV bosses don't want him in the studio.
    He is set to appear in a video tribute to his former This Morning co-star intead.

Fern, 52 tomorrow, is quitting the show she started co-hosting with Leslie in 1999. Bosses are lining up a slew of surprise guests for her final show on Friday. But Leslie isn't among them.

He left This Morning after accidentally being named on TV as the man who allegedly raped weathergirl Ulrika Jonsson.

He was cleared of all allegations, but was forced to go weeks later after pictures emerged of him appearing to snort cocaine. A source told TV Biz: "Almost everyone Fern's worked with over the last ten years are coming back but bosses haven't invited John. They didn't feel it was appropriate.

"We're considering having a message from him in the video montage."

An ITV spokeswoman said: "All guests unable to appear on the show have been asked to record video messages."

Current host Phillip Schofield, 47, paid tribute to Fern. He said: "I've had the most fun of my whole career with Fern."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Stay-away.html

In a way it's a shame about John as I liked it when he was on This Morning!

Fern Britton has said an emotional goodbye to This Morning after ten years fronting the daytime programme.

The presenter was joined by joined by a host of celebrities and former This Morning contributors during today's show, which featured several montages of her most memorable moments.

"I couldn't have worked with a nicer team than all the people sitting here today and all the cameras, the sound men, everybody who brings cups of tea! There isn't a person in this building that I don't love," she said.

Among those who turned out to celebrate her final show were Matthew Kelly, Jenny McAlpine and John Barrowman, who opened the programme with a performance of Frankie Valli's 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You'.

Ricky Gervais, Alice Cooper, Danny Dyer and former show host John Leslie were among the stars who left video messages, with the latter also performing a piano version of 'My Way' and toasting Britton with champagne.

After being presented with a specially engraved bench for her garden, Britton said: "I can't believe all these gifts and surprises. I've had the best party that a girl could ask for!"

She ended the show by telling her tearful co-host Philip Schofield: "You have given me the best six years together. We've had a ball and good luck."

Finally, Britton was accompanied from the studio by husband Phil Vickery, while the production team lined the corridors to say goodbye and Michael Ball performed 'Cabaret'.

The presenter confirmed that she was stepping down from the ITV show in March. It was recently announced that Dancing On Ice host Holly Willoughby will replace her starting in September.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1656...s-morning.html

I watched the second hour or so and found myself welling up a bit when she said good-bye The end of an era.

i watched some of her farewell and it was really nice. She really was a great presenter.

Shes back on telly tonight though as the team leader on BBC 1 quiz show As seen on TV.

i watched first hour! didnt find it sad because its what she wanted..she has issues so she's happy to leave

Who was the first male presenter she was with when she started on This Morning.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i think it was john leslie
    Last edited by sindydoll; 18-07-2009 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sindydoll View Post
    i think it was john leslie
    No they showed a clip of her first day on this morning and she said This is This Morning and I'm Fern Britton not Judy Finnegan but the guy beside her was not John Leslie.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information