Page 312 of 331 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3310

Thread: Current Episode Discussion VII

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    er, should this not be in current ep discussion????

I did say that in the second post of thread and posted a link

thanks abi, i'll merge them now xx

IMO this ending would have been more effective if they hadn't already used the "running over" method with Max. When Janine ran over Danielle, my initial reaction was, "oh no, not again!" I think that Janine is more worried about herself than the fact that she has killed someone. She offered the hand of friendship to Archie because she needs an ally. I agree that after all these months of build up that Ronnie and Danielle deserve a happy ending, but this is soapland after all. At least the acting was superb, especially from Samantha Janus and Lauren Crace. Did they bring back Janine JUST to run over Danielle? I hope not. I like her character. I still do not understand why Archie wanted to marry Peggy. Is it because he didn't want to grow old on his own/wanted the Vic/wanted a wife he could control?
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I think Archie married Peggy, because he knew he could manipulate her and control her. Like the way he seemed to have the power to make Roxy believe every single word and yet be manipulting her into believing that Ronnie was the person who had done everything wrong. I also think that he wanted to run the Vic again because of the control factor.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angel_eyes87 For This Useful Post:

megan999 (06-04-2009)

ok this might be a long post, as im gonna try and write everything in one post instead of replying to individual parts separately, so feel free to not read it all lol!

firstly i did really enjoy watching both thursdays and fridays epi, normally with hour long epis i get bored halfway through and keep looking at the clock and although i agree that not much happened for the first part of thursdays epi it was still good viewing i thought

thursdays epi, id already read the spoilers and so i knew that danielle was going to get run over by janine and die and i really wish i hadnt. although the ending was still good, i think it would have been more emotional and powerful if i hadnt seen it coming. my housemate didnt know and she was in complete shock and im disappointed that i read the spoilers and knew it was going to happen. however i did wonder why janine was driving around in the car for so long (i know someones already pointed out an explanation for this) and also why danielle just stood in the road and stared at the car for what seemed like forever! surely she had time to move out of the way? and surely janine had time to stop/swerve etc? i would have liked it if danielle had been killed some other way, like accidently falling in front of the train or something, as i think the car accident scenario has been done so many times already. also did anyone call an ambulance? janine just stood there and stacey ran into the vic to tell them, surely the first thing to do what be to get an ambulance there? however even with these small things i thought it was done well and they didnt spoil the epi as a whole for me

i also liked how jack was, in a roundabout way, sort of responsible for janine running danielle over, as he always has to get one over on people and although janine deserved the humiliation of the car lot, i wonder how ronnie would feel if she knew that what jack had done had had the knockon effect of killing her daughter? i think that could be interesting although im guessing it will just be forgotten

also, nothing to do with the accident/danielle dying, but i hate dotty, what she said to tiffany was really mean, i hope dot realises what a horrible little brat she is soon!

fridays epi was also good. i liked seeing janines vunerable side and i actually feel sorry for her as although shes normally a right bitch to everyone else, i think she feels really bad for killing danielle, although how much of that upset is for herself rather than danielle i dont know. i think its good to see another side to her

and although danielles dad was really mean to ronnie when he found out who she was, i think it was to be expected. i dont think he blamed ronnie for danielle coming to find her, more of the fact that the reason she walked out in front of the car was to go to ronnie (and i think he would resent her even more if he knew that she had just shouted at danielle which was why she was running away in the first place). although its not ronnies fault, hes grieving and i think he just wanted someone to blame. i dont agree that he should have moaned at her for giving her up though cos she was only a kid at the time and it wasnt her fault

i liked how roxy was there for ronnie and it seemed like they were putting what has been going on for the past few months behind them. i think it will be good for both of them to be there for each other. im also glad roxy chucked out archies stuff as i think his deceiption has hit her hardest as she always idolised him. i also liked the max/ronnie scene as i like their friendship. and although jack was trying to be nice to ronnie i think he needs to stay away from her for a bit as i think he could do more harm than good atm

although i dont want archie to leave, i dont see what else they can really do if hes stays there. he plays the evil villian really well but he doesnt have anyone to manipulate any more so im not really sure what else he could do, and i really dont want him to turn nice in the hope of getting his family back. killing him could be good but only if its done in the right circumstance etc i dont want him to die just for the sake of it

ive already written my views on danielle dying in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    i always thought that the writers were killing danielle off cos then the storyline had gone full circle - ronnie thinks daughter is dead, daughter turns up, daughter dies. although i didnt want danielle to die straight away as i thought it would be good to see her bond with ronnie and them to have some time together and then they could kill her off. however after watching thursdays and fridays epis and the ee revealed i now think it was best to kill her off now rather than kill her in a few months time or not at all. if they didnt kill her at all it would all get very boring very quickly, they would bond and nothing else could really be done. if they killed her off in a few months we would get the bonding which everyone wanted to see and it would be nice, but i dont think danielles death would then have as much effect as it will have killing her off at the wedding. killing her off just minutes after ronnie realises shes her daughter makes it more devastating for ronnie as she never had chance to bond with her daughter, it also makes the fall out with archie worse for the rest of the family as its his fault that ronnie never got to know who danielle was, if she was killed in a few months time i dont think everyone would hate archie as much as they do now. at the end of the day, danielle was brought in as a plot device rather than a proper character and so it makes sense to use her to move ronnies character in a different direction rather than the storyline moving both ronnie and danielles characters
    overall i think the acting was brilliant from quite a lot of the cast, especially in the last part of thursdays epi, and im looking forward to the effect this is going to have and what is going to happen next

finally id just like to say that while i know that some people didnt like the ending to this storyline and that they have every right to disagree with why i thought it worked for the best, i dont really see how complaining to the bbc will help, and definitely why some people have started petitions etc. whats done is done, it cant be changed cos danielle is dead, its not like they might change their minds and bring the character back at a later date. the decision for her to die was obviously for a reason and while it might not have been the best/ideal ending for this storyline, it is obviously the best way for the soap in the future. and if viewers are enjoying the show apart from this one decision, i dont see why they would choose to stop watching altogether as at the end of the day, its going to be them thats missing out, not the ee producers etc

sorry this is so long, i didnt actually realise it was this long til ive just looked. maybe if i put this much thought into my essays they would get done a lot quicker!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    Also I was thinking, you know when Danielle first came into it how did she know where to find Ronnie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Wasnt ronnies name on the list? you know a list where if the adopted children want to get in touch with their parents they can??
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    Oh right I see, but wasn't Ronnie supposed to be living in Spain with Roxy?
    Yeah but she came back to england. She probably but her name on the list before she went
    if i remember correctly, wasnt there a scene in the vic where ronnie phoned up looking for her daughter and she put her name on the register then?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I sense a 'who dunnit?' coming on?!

I honestly couldn't care less about Peggy's pathetic hurt pride - Ronnie has lost her daughter, you stupid cow!!

I hope Archie isn't killed off. Its a waste. I know he has completly burnt his bridges with his family but killing him off would just be a cheap way to end the storyline.

just watched the secret mitchell on i player Larry Lamb says he leaves town,
    Spoiler:
    BUT could be back
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 06-04-2009 at 20:59.

I'm so behind... just watched Thursdays ep... omg! I'm in tears, I heard it was sad, but didn't think it would be SO sad !

Thread Information