Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where'd It Go?!

It really is lame excuse if its cos of BB

it's becuase BB is going back to the 10pm slot, which is when Desperate Housewives would be on, Channel 4 would never show DH at 9pm so thats why it's on a break. BB can't move to 9pm because of that new cooking show on a Wednesday night with that chef with the funny name.

Hmmm Well I suppose the orginal plan before the strike would have meant it didnt clash with BB

I found this on DS. There was a link to this post on the IMDB forums.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments regarding Desperate Housewives... As you may have now heard, series 4 is going to break over the summer, returning in the autumn.

Having read numerous comments about this across the forums (and having understood your frustrations), I contacted C4's head of scheduling to get the lowdown on the situation.

Here's the official response below - hope it answers some of your questions:

------------------------------------------------

The reason we're taking a break in the run of series 4 is two-fold. Firstly, as I am sure you are aware, due to the Writers Strike, we had to delay the start of the series. Secondly, we had to plan our forthcoming schedules on the assumption that we would receive fewer (or even no further) episodes past episode 10.

Our schedules are drafted many months in advance and so during the break in production, we had to assume that Desperate Housewives would not be available to screen. It was therefore safer to assume that we would be able to play any remaining episodes which we might receive, in the Autumn.

I am happy to be able to tell you that we are planning to screen the remaining episodes of series 4 and the start of series 5 this year. That means we will be in sync with the US transmissions of the series and that we are able to screen a bumper run of the series in the Autumn, which we thought viewers would appreciate.

Again, we are sorry that events have meant we have had to interrupt the series in this way. We do try very hard to run all our series continuously, but unforeseen events conspired against us on this occasion.
    Thanks CrazyLea

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (31-05-2008)

I like the idea being in sync with America, the only bad thing is, we'll be soo happy not waiting in between seasons that we'l forgte for series 6 if there is one we will have to wait a year again

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I know! I wanted to know what was on that paper...
    how is it fair that the americans get to see the episodes as they are supposed to be but we get stuck with 'writers strike' and its 'goin on a short' break when actually they mean its goin off till the end of the year...they did it with lost and ugly betty! ive been waitin ages for desperate housewives to come on agin and then they take it off again! W*****s! lol

Advert jsut came on for this on Channel 4

It's back on September 3rd everyone Woohoo!

(Next Wednesday)

I saw an advert today!

I can't remember much that happened though it's been so long
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Whoooooo

I feel bad though cos Ive seen an epsiode of it in america, as in from this series that we havent seen the rest of. But I have no idea whch episode it was so I'll have to wait and see.
    I also saw a advert for series 5 whilst I was in America

Thread Information