Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boyzone Reunion

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardardo View Post
    Doesn't it prove that there is a lack of new bands coming through if old bands are seeing the opportunity to cash in and coming back

They only come back to make money and never come back just for the fans. As soon as they have made enough money to retire on they will go off again. Westlife are like that now. They've made there money so they don't make as many records anymore

I think the music world is slowly dying
    I agree with everything you said there.
    The pop world has died in the last few years. Most of the British bands/artists that are around in the pop world now are from reality shows (excluding those that have re-formed). I'm more of an indie/rock fan myself so I'm not too bothered about it. Indie seems to be the music of the moment with Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, Kooks, The Enemy etc.

All the 90s bands have just jumped on the "let's get back together and see how much money we can make" bandwagon. The only successful comeback so far has been Take That. All Saints made a big nosedive earlier this year. Spice Girls are doing badly in the charts.
    Yep totally agree

All Saints will no doubt eventually get back together in the future as will many others no doubt

I like you am not into all this pop sensation music, Oasis, Kaiser Chiefs, My Chemical Romance all bands like that are my taste and also love dance music for the simple reason not many get released into the charts so they are not fighting for chart positions

If a certain song in the pop industry doesn't get in the top 40 bands tend to give up

I'm going to the Tour in May Though it wasn't my idea, but i'm tagging along all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    I'm going to the Tour in May Though it wasn't my idea, but i'm tagging along all the same
    Oh Abi liar! liar! pants on Fire! You camped out all night to get you're mitts on Spice Girls tickets admit it

On a serious note the reason many bands are not bothering to release many singles or new bands coming through is that the amount of singles sold doesn't mean a thing now. The charts are a joke many years ago a singer or group had to sell around 500,000 copies of their single to get into the top ten now they're lucky if they need 20,000 and the amount of times a song is downloaded counts on what chart position the song acheives. So its no wonder that new talented artist that can actually sing and play an instrument or even write a few songs get hacked off that they are working their butts of to gain fame and then some market branded artist who can't even sing for toffee go straight to number one.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Sunderland, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom
    The times are changing unfortunately. Nowadays even downloads means nothing because there is so many places you can get the songs for free

Well, i saw them last night if anyone is interested!

Bless them, they were so cute And Mickey actually sung! He opened "Words", whilst playing the piano. Everyone was well shocked, lol! But you could tell they were such good mates still, even after everything that happened with them. And their kids were all there, which was sweet.

And they managed to fill the O2 arena, which is no mean feat. Goes to show that they aren't all bad, seeing as the O2 is absolutly massive compared to other stadiums.

And they still can't dance...

I saw them as well at the O2 last night, thought they were brill. All beefed up and looking macho - Stephen really looked good. You are right they looked as if they were really having fun, loved the "Different Beat" song with the flags etc.. and the encore when they came over the audience - great, brought back lots of memories

I am going to see them at the end of the month with my friend who got tickets for Christmas. She was originally going with someone else but they dropped out so ive ended up tagging along I was never that big a fan of them when i was younger but they are ok im spending the next few weeks trying to learn their songs

Thread Information