Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Britains Got Talent

i dont think he should have won as he wasnt the best on the show and i dont think he should of been in the top two neither should signature. i dont like the oprah singing thing and i still think faryl and the other boy should have done better.

i know they wouldnt win but i loved kate and gin that is one clever dog and it is such a good relationship the two have, me and my dog voted for them lol.
    ~*~Leanne Robert ~*~

George deserved to win.. he showed so much courage to come back after been knocked back last year and do it better.. I was so happy he won..
    Super Mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (02-06-2008)

Spine disease blinded George in one eye

BRITAIN’S Got Talent winner George Sampson told last night how a devastating spine disease sent him BLIND in one eye.

But brave George, 14, vowed to defy doctors who have warned his torso-twisting dance routines could cripple him.

The youngster, who overcame his disability to scoop a £100,000 prize in Saturday’s final, insisted: “There’s no way I’d ever give up dancing. Nothing would stop me.”

The busking breakdancer revealed for the first time that he suffers from rare Scheuermann’s disease, a curvature of the spine that hits fast-growing teenagers.

And he told The Sun that the condition left him blind in his right eye for two months shortly before his TV bid for fame.

Recalling the terrifying moment just before Christmas, George said: “The eye was all inflamed. I’d been using Deep Heat for my sore back, so at first I just thought I’d got it in my eye. But I ended up blind.

“The spinal nerves were trapped and it affected my optic nerves.

“I lost all my coordination and it was really hard to dance, as I didn’t have my balance. I kept bumping into everything.

“It was really hard. There were a few times when I panicked that my eyesight wouldn’t come back. I did get really down.”

George admitted that doctors have warned him he should stop his beloved breakdancing in case it leaves him permanently disabled.

His show-winning Singing In The Rain performance ends with a flip which sees him slam to the floor on his back.

His mum Lesley, 39, said: “The doctors have said it’s not great for him to be breakdancing, especially landing so hard on his back.”

Even as she spoke, George interrupted to insist: “No way.”

But he admitted he now has to be rushed to hospital if his eye becomes sore – the first sign that he needs urgent treatment.

The live final on ITV1 – in which George beat dance duo Signature and choirboy Andrew Johnston into second and third place – was watched by a 14.4 million people.

More than 2.2 million viewers voted for the finalists.

That made it the most watched entertainment show this year. It won 60 per cent of the TV audience, easily outstripping BBC1 rival I’ll Do Anything’s search for a Nancy in stage musical Oliver! That pulled in 7.3 million viewers.

For George, the victory is life-changing. The lad – who failed last year’s auditions for the show – is lined up to appear before Prince Charles at the Royal Variety Show and will star in a Britain’s Got Talent tour.

But life so far has been anything but easy for George, from Warrington, Cheshire.

His mum Lesley and dad Brian split when he was nine. Sisters Chelsea, 17, Emily, 16, and Rosie, 13, went to live with his dad, while George and brother Luke, 19, stayed with classroom assistant Lesley.

Money is in short supply and determined George performs on the streets to pay for his £15 dancing lessons. He had to busk to get to the show’s auditions and even danced on Christmas Day so he could buy family presents.

He has also faced cruel taunts about the dancing that has been his passion since the age of six.

George said: “Kids called me a beggar for busking. I’ve also been called poof, faggot, queer, little girl. But now I just think, ‘I’m the one on TV, not you’.”

His fame has also added to his popularity with girls. He revealed: “During the semi-final there were 150 of them outside my home – just my luck, I was in London.”

He also revealed that he got up to behind-the-scenes antics with new best pal Andrew Johnston, 13.

The pair became close to the Harlequins, the pretty Irish dancers who reached the semi-finals.

Asked if any snogging happened, George smiled: “That’s for me and Andrew to know!” His street dancing is such a hit with shoppers that officials in Manchester threatened him with an Asbo for causing an obstruction. He explained: “I sometimes get hundreds watching.”

Sadly, relations between his parents are still strained and the family barely see each other. They were briefly reunited on Wednesday after George’s semi-final.

But his window fitter dad Brian, 40, was not at Saturday’s emotional final.

Brian said: “It was so difficult not being there for him, I was in tears. But it would have been very awkward and not fair on George.”

George now has two famous guardians watching over his career – show hosts Ant and Dec.

Ant told The Sun: “I shed a tear when George won, I was that emotional. We told him afterwards, ‘Here’s our numbers, if you need anything, you can call us’.

“We started acting at about George’s age and you remember how hard it was.”

Beaming George said: “Ant and Dec were brilliant. I still can’t believe I’ve won. It’s all a blur.”

Judge Simon Cowell may have helped George clinch victory, thanks to a last-minute switch.

He was to perform Staying Alive by the Bee Gees but decided to repeat Singing In The Rain, the brilliant routine which got him through to the final.

George said: “I wasn’t sure but Simon told me it was the best routine. He says he’s got something really special for me to do at the Royal Variety Show.”

He dedicated Saturday’s performance to his old dance teacher Royston Swanny at Birchwood Performing Arts, who died two years ago. The caring teenager has also pledged to pay his mum’s mortgage on their ex-council house with his winnings – although Lesley wants him to keep the money.

George said: “All I really want to buy is one of those cool, old VW camper vans, so I can go busking around the country.”

But for now he must return to school today for his mock GSCE in music. And George revealed he got detention for the first time ever – for spending too much time on Britain’s Got Talent.

The show’s tour starts on June 6 at London’s Hammersmith Apollo. For tickets, go to www.ticketzone.co.uk.

I hope he does not do himself any more harm, he is so talented, I want to see him dance for a long time to come.

I'm glad George Sampson won

George Sampson’s grandmother Joyce has revealed that he's set to be a backing dancer for Justin Timberlake.

The Britain’s Got Talent winner has impressed the US singer so much that he’s been asked to appear in a music video and go on tour with his idol.

'Justin had approached him even before he won the final,’ Joyce, 67, says. ‘He wants George to do a video with him. He has had an offer to work with him and go on tour and be one of his dancers.’

And she says George, 14, who is expected to make £1million this year, is bowled over at the chance to work with Justin, 27.

‘George loves Justin Timberlake and it's a dream come true for him to dance with him,’ she tells the Daily Star. ‘He was actually meant to be dancing to one of Justin’s songs [in the final], but the producers decided that he should do Singin’ In The Rain again.

‘He was always determined to make it and now he'll be working with one of the biggest stars in the world. It is like a fairytale.’
    Lucky George

Wow, that's great news. Looks like his life has changed forever.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    George Sampson’s grandmother Joyce has revealed that he's set to be a backing dancer for Justin Timberlake.

The Britain’s Got Talent winner has impressed the US singer so much that he’s been asked to appear in a music video and go on tour with his idol.

'Justin had approached him even before he won the final,’ Joyce, 67, says. ‘He wants George to do a video with him. He has had an offer to work with him and go on tour and be one of his dancers.’

And she says George, 14, who is expected to make £1million this year, is bowled over at the chance to work with Justin, 27.

‘George loves Justin Timberlake and it's a dream come true for him to dance with him,’ she tells the Daily Star. ‘He was actually meant to be dancing to one of Justin’s songs [in the final], but the producers decided that he should do Singin’ In The Rain again.

‘He was always determined to make it and now he'll be working with one of the biggest stars in the world. It is like a fairytale.’
    Lucky George
    Wow he always said it was his dream and his goal to do that within his next year, guess he was just keeping it on the low though!

Well done, George, good luck for the future

'Talent' star's story heading to big screen?

Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson is to have his life story made into a film, reports claim.

The street dancer, who won last Saturday's grand final despite suffering a spine condition, has attracted the interest of movie bosses.

Producers are apparently struck by the similarities between the 14-year-old's life and 2000 movie Billy Elliot, which revolves around a young ballet dancer who overcomes prejudice to achieve his dream.

A source told The Sun: "They reckon George’s story could be a perfect follow-up to Billy."

A film based on the life of last year's winner Paul Potts is also said to be in the works
    Thanks CrazyLea

A film Like a proper big film, like in cinemas or ones that just get shown on Tv?

Thread Information