Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logic Questions.

Logic Questions.

Found this in a magazine.

1. What relation is your niece's brother to you?

2. Some months have 31 days but how many have 28?

3. Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister?

4. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?

5. You're participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

6. Three ladies are stood under an umbrella but none of them is getting wet. Why didn't any of them get wet?

7. If an aeroplane crashed exactly on the border of France and Germany, where would the survivors
    be buried?

8. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?

9. If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have left?

10. Mary's father has five daughters. If the eldest four are called Nana, Nene, Nini, and Nono, what is the name of the fifth daughter?

11. You're in a cabin in the forest and it's pitch black. You have just one match on you. Which do you light first * the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?

12. A doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half an hour. How many minutes would the pills last?

13. Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not?

14. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine die * how many are left?

15. You're driving a bus. Six people get on, two people get off, then 10 people get on and five people get off. Eight people then get on and four more get off. What colour are the driver's eyes?
    Thanks CrazyLea

1. What relation is your niece's brother to you? My Nephew

2. Some months have 31 days but how many have 28? all of them

3. Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister? Lol well its the man that is dead

4. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer? 70

5. You're participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in? second

6. Three ladies are stood under an umbrella but none of them is getting wet. Why didn't any of them get wet?
    maybe it wasnt raining
    7. If an aeroplane crashed exactly on the border of France and Germany, where would the survivors be buried? erm I didnt bury them?

8. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
    wasnt it Noah?
    9. If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have left?
    two
    10. Mary's father has five daughters. If the eldest four are called Nana, Nene, Nini, and Nono, what is the name of the fifth daughter? Mary- lol

11. You're in a cabin in the forest and it's pitch black. You have just one match on you. Which do you light first * the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?
    The match

12. A doctor gives you three pills and tells you to take one every half an hour. How many minutes would the pills last? 60

13. Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not?
    they live at different poles

14. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine die * how many are left?

15. You're driving a bus. Six people get on, two people get off, then 10 people get on and five people get off. Eight people then get on and four more get off. What colour are the driver's eyes?
    erm well my eyes are blue

1 My Nephew
    2 All of them
    3 Yes
    4 25
    5 1st
    6 It wasn't raining
    7 You don't bury survivors
    8 1 of each sex. One male, One female
    9 1
    10 Mary
    11 The Match
    12 30 mins
    13 They live in different poles
    14 8
    15 bloodshot.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

You can tell you both have seen these before . Unless I'm really stupid . When I first saw them (ages ago), I got tricked out on nearly all of them! .

Lol believe it or not I havent seen them before, but knew I was going to be tricked so thought about it carefully and slowly

Although actually, looking at Kaths answer for number 8, don't think she has seen them before .

Lol well yeah, all you have to do is read them slowly and it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Although actually, looking at Kaths answer for number 8, don't think she has seen them before .
    What's wrong with my answer for number 8? It makes perfect sense to me. Noah took the animals into the ark 2-by-2 i.e. 2 elephants and two monkeys. Therefore there would have had to have been 1 male elephant and 1 female elephant.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Read the question again? Noah took the animals on the Ark.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Behemoth For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (04-12-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    What's wrong with my answer for number 8? It makes perfect sense to me. Noah took the animals into the ark 2-by-2 i.e. 2 elephants and two monkeys. Therefore there would have had to have been 1 male elephant and 1 female elephant.
    The question states how many animals Moses took on the Ark. I fell for that the first time I was asked those questions. Abbie is right, you have to think very carefully about the questions and answers.

Thread Information