Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: learn language before visiting

i forgot about this thread, my mums just bought some cd/book thing so we can try and learn italien, if id remembered we could have got it for free lol!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I downloaded the German one to see how much I remember since I did my GCSE a year ago and I've forgotten so much. I think this might be my summer project - learn as many languages as I can in 6 weeks.

i'm attempting to learn hungarian, ahead of my visit thre this summer and i think im gonna try and continue it after i get back as its a really interesting language to learn! shame not many places offer hungarian materials!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Hmmm I guess it is up to me to learn sign language for each country I visit

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Hmmm I guess it is up to me to learn sign language for each country I visit
    Good luck with that one Jodi! lol I'll be even more impressed if you can lipread for each language too
    Lucky your only going home to usa this holiday babes

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    I downloaded the German one to see how much I remember since I did my GCSE a year ago and I've forgotten so much. I think this might be my summer project - learn as many languages as I can in 6 weeks.
    that sounds like a good idea lol! doubt id remember anything from german!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Slightly related... For all the parents on here

My niece is three next month and I'm wondering if she is old enough to start learning a new language (German). Just the basics mind, numbers, colours, days of the week etc. She's been able to count to 20 since her second birthday and she knows the days of the week too.

She lived in Germany until she was one and I'm sure she can speak some German, just single words like Guten Tag/Hallo (hello), Bitte (please) and Schnell (quick). She used to say an awful lot more (more than in English), none of which we could understand, when she first came back to England but most of it has gone now.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is she old enough? Your thoughts please

im not a parent but i think it would be a great age to start learning as they learn so quick at a young age and it is always good to know other languages
    ~*~Leanne Robert ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    Slightly related... For all the parents on here

My niece is three next month and I'm wondering if she is old enough to start learning a new language (German). Just the basics mind, numbers, colours, days of the week etc. She's been able to count to 20 since her second birthday and she knows the days of the week too.

She lived in Germany until she was one and I'm sure she can speak some German, just single words like Guten Tag/Hallo (hello), Bitte (please) and Schnell (quick). She used to say an awful lot more (more than in English), none of which we could understand, when she first came back to England but most of it has gone now.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is she old enough? Your thoughts please
    i think it would be a good idea, like leanne said, children learn things a lot quicker when theyre younger. in other countries i know children start learning languages in school a lot younger than we do over here. my little cousin got a kiddies french book when she was about 5 (shes 7 now) and i was surprised how much she learnt (things like animals, numbers, clothes, food etc). i dont know how much they are but most come with a cassette with little songs on and stuff to make it more fun
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

I think its a great idea the young children being taught a second or third lauguage JB. Children's brains are like sponges they absorb everything. Marley is 8 now and she has been learning french since P1 she went to a french class once a week after school and in the last year its part of the sylabus.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information