Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Dales to the Cobbles

Cool From the Dales to the Cobbles

From Sunday People
    CAINATION STEmmerdale bad boy Dingle set to give girls the wobbles when he hits the cobbles
    Exclusive by Melanie Swan
    FORMER Emmerdale hunk Jeff Hordley is set to sign a £200,000 deal to become a heart-throb in rival ITV1 soap Coronation Street.

The floppy-haired actor bedded a string of women in the Dales as bad boy Cain Dingle.

Now he's poised to break women's hearts in Weatherfield too.

But he won't be such a bad lad as scheming Cain, as Jeff hinted last week when referring to a new career move.

He said: "This time there is a good side to my character. I think fans of Cain might just be surprised."

It means he will be acting with his real-life wife Zoe, 32, who has just joined Corrie as Casey, Claire Peacock's new pal. She was also in Emmerdale for a year.

Manchester-born Jeff, 36, who quit the soap last September after six years on the Dales, has been snapped up by Corrie boss Steve Frost.

An insider revealed: "Steve has known Jeff for several years from when they worked together on Emmerdale. They're good pals.

"Steve put him at the top of his hit-list for new signings. He has had his eye on him for ages.

"He'll be a sure-fire hit with the ladies because he's got an army of adoring fans and he's a strong character for the show."

The source added: "It's not been decided where he'll fit in yet as the finer details are still being discussed. But for sure he'll be thrown into a hot romance with one of the show's leading ladies."

His character Cain seduced a bevy of beauties including Sadie King (played by Patsy Kensit) and Charity Dingle (Emma Atkins).

Other conquests were sexy Jasmine Thomas (Jenna-Louise Coleman) and barmaid Toni Daggart (Kerry Stacey).

A Corrie spokesperson confirmed Frost's move for Jeff, saying: "Steve knew him from Emmerdale and likes him."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Babe14 (25-03-2007), bakedbean (25-03-2007), danielle741 (02-04-2007), tammyy2j (28-03-2007)

Now this in a way will compensate me for the loss of my Paul/Peter. Wait maybe Sean and Chris will join Emmerdale

Bet he'll bed Carla.

Could be a long lost relative of the Duckies, secret love child of Bill Webster....Another Morton..
    Last edited by Babe14; 25-03-2007 at 08:46.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14 View Post

Bet he'll bed Carla.
    Well we all know Paul Connor is leaving so it is a very likely possiblity this could happen.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

I loved Jeff, i think hell fit in well on the street.

Pity that Tracyluv is leaving. They would have maid an interesting couple. Maybe Maria, its time she had a new lover or even Claire Peacock. Maybe Dreary needs a new man. She hasnt had an affair for over a year now.

Have you considered he could be a new toyboy for Gail. No seriously I think this is great news for corrie.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Have you considered he could be a new toyboy for Gail. No seriously I think this is great news for corrie.
    Right enough. She needs another Psycho boyfriend

Yes, ET needs another telepathic partner. She had a lucky escape last time, nearly ending up as Gail Nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14 View Post
    Bet he'll bed Carla.
    Then you'll get Carlain. I wonder if there will be a Buslain in the future too....

Could be a long lost relative of the Duckies, secret love child of Bill Webster....Another Morton..
    Another Moron?

Or maybe he's the long lost keeper of Hilda Ogden's hair rollers, or maybe he's the barber who perfected RBrian's mullet?

This is a good signing for Corrie if its true. I heard he signed up for Series 5 of Shameless.

no that would be worth tuning in for. Hed be an ideal replacement for Kev in shameless. Im surprised more of the shameless stars havent been signed up for Corrie yet. After all its all the same drama company.

Thread Information