Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastenders is getting more boring with each episode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer
    It's funny, because I was watching a scene yesterday from 15 years ago. It featured the original (better) Peggy played by Jo Warne, and the rest of the Mitchells, characters who I don't really like. However, what was good in those days was that, no matter what the character, everything was held together by good tight scenes with believable characters and a good script, which really held my attention and made me want to know what happened next. Something that cannot be said about today's EE (IMO).
    I think that is the real problem, Richie. It is the ridiculous story lines and the poor scripting. We still have some great actors in Eastenders, but they just get dreadful stories. Give actors like Adam Woodyat, Wendy Richard, June Brown, Pam St Clement, John Bardon and Rudolph Walker something decent to do and it could get back to how it was....but I'm afraid it won't.

The original Mitchells were brilliant. I much preferred the original actress who played Peggy unlike Barbara Windsor who I think is wildly overated. She was not even good in the arry On films. She just used her two assets.

Grant and Phil used to be scary but now I cannot watch either of the two of them without laughing out loud. They have some fine actors and actresses on the show who are continuiously let down by appalling scripts and ridiculous storylines. Other actors seem to be employed for their looks and because they appeal to a certain group of EE viewers.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

For me, it isn't the characters that are to blame, it is definitely the script writers. The storylines and scripts now seem to be going round in circles with plots being recycled.

Look at the Mitchells. What is going on with them these days? They are nothing like they used to be. Sonia used to be a gobby, feisty character who was loyal and trustworthy with the potential to be the next Michelle, but they have rewritten her this year. Pat is very underused, Dot and Jim have become caricatures of themselves. Pauline has always been controlling, but her hatred of Sonia to the point where she would hurt Martin and Rebecca is one step too far.

With the newer characters, the Foxes and Brannings have potential but they are already messing them up with the 'who is the daddy' and the ridiculous story of family cheating we are about to see. The Wicks' family are appalling and yet, Phil Daniels could offer so much more.

I don't mind if the odd character returns, because that is quite realistic to see a family member coming home after being away, but to raise the dead was a pathetic clutching at straws.

I don't know what I want from EE anymore. I'm not sure if there was another Steve Owen that they could write for him in the way they would need to. I know thinking about past characters, with nostalgia, they seem to be much better than the ones now but maybe it was simply because the writers could actually write then.

EE has made a lot of mistakes,the writing is mainly terrible but on reflection i think like many football clubs who sack the manager cos the fans are moaning and they are slipping down the table,ee make the same mistake with their executive producers,to be honest i am rapidly losing interest,i also beleive that a few more big names will go this year

I think that the storys need to be made far more cheery, i mean the other night i watched it feelingall jolly before hand and then after i wanted to top myself, it was depression all round, each story runnig through was one domestic after another. We had Stacey crying over Bradley, Honey crying over petal, It was all too much.

I think its started going downhill more since the beginnaing of 2006, whenere they basically had a new character coming in like every week! And i mean 2005 was a great year but they lost lots of strong favourite characters like Kat, Alfie, Chrissie, Dennis, Sharon, Den, Sam etc... Lets just hope 2007 can only get better!

I think eastenders would be a lot more interesting if Johnny Allen was still in it

You never know they might bring him back from the dead
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I still think with the death of Pauline, this will drag on for weeks.

I haven't watched much of Eastenders since around xmas day last year, i watch the odd episode every now and again. I didn't even tune in to see Dennis die. But i can honestly say Eastenders has gotten boring. I tuned in for Pauline's funeral to see the death of a legend and was disgusted how they did it. Pauline was not in character, and from what i've heard from my mum, she hasn't been for quite a while. I mean Pauline Fowler, a representation of strong women in this day and age, reduced to telling lies, begging and dying alone. It's terrible. The character i've always known is strong and would do anything for her family! I think it's pathetic of Eastenders, just because the actress wanted to leave not to give her a good send off. I mean it should be called 'Death Square' now, i mean if i was an undertaker i'd move to Albert Square, i'd make a killing (literally knowing the writers at the minute) I

I wish they'd get the old humour back. I'm addicted to corro and ED at the minute because they offer comic relief, you don't expect to turn on your TV and watch a show about misery and gloom, when there's enough of that in the world. They should stop painfully banging out the same storyline every 10 minutes, (Stacy seems to be Kat now) and go back to their roots.

Thread Information