Page 410 of 432 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4312

Thread: Current Episode Discussion V

Did anyone notice how when the children began singing in the square as a choir singing xmas tunes it was daylight, then about 2 minutes later it was practically dark, how was that?

I think we were supposed to believe that the children had been singing for half an hour or so in between the two scenes and so it could easily have got dark in that time

Quote Originally Posted by Hopes
    Did anyone notice how when the children began singing in the square as a choir singing xmas tunes it was daylight, then about 2 minutes later it was practically dark, how was that?
    A total eclipse, a powercut. But then this is EE so its probably dow to poor continuity
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Come to the spoilerboards to slag off EE. That's certainly what it feels like in this thread these days.

I know I've said it isn't up to standard lately, but at least I'm open minded and, I hope, give a valid reason why. The 'I tired of the Fowlers story now' and the picking at everything EE do is pathetic to say the least. These last few episodes have been very good and the Fowler storyline is brilliant and is building up nicely for next week. The Billy and Honey storyline was heartbreaking tonight, poor Billy is torn between his love for his wife and his baby girl. Dawn is being her usual selfish bitch self, which I can do without, but everything else is bubbling along nicely.

I can understand peoples' disappointment in the show lately, but quite honestly, I wonder if some people are actually watching the show when I read some of their views.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah21
    Come to the spoilerboards to slag off EE. That's certainly what it feels like in this thread these days.

I know I've said it isn't up to standard lately, but at least I'm open minded and, I hope, give a valid reason why. The 'I tired of the Fowlers story now' and the picking at everything EE do is pathetic to say the least. These last few episodes have been very good and the Fowler storyline is brilliant and is building up nicely for next week. The Billy and Honey storyline was heartbreaking tonight, poor Billy is torn between his love for his wife and his baby girl. Dawn is being her usual selfish bitch self, which I can do without, but everything else is bubbling along nicely.

I can understand peoples' disappointment in the show lately, but quite honestly, I wonder if some people are actually watching the show when I read some of their views.
    Unfortunately EE leaves itself wide open to criticism these day so its easy to criticise it as you have done yourself on occasions
    For me, it isn't the characters that are to blame, it is definitely the script writers. The storylines and scripts now seem to be going round in circles with plots being recycled.

Look at the Mitchells. What is going on with them these days? They are nothing like they used to be. Sonia used to be a gobby, feisty character who was loyal and trustworthy with the potential to be the next Michelle, but they have rewritten her this year. Pat is very underused, Dot and Jim have become caricatures of themselves. Pauline has always been controlling, but her hatred of Sonia to the point where she would hurt Martin and Rebecca is one step too far.

With the newer characters, the Foxes and Brannings have potential but they are already messing them up with the 'who is the daddy' and the ridiculous story of family cheating we are about to see. The Wicks' family are appalling and yet, Phil Daniels could offer so much more.

I don't mind if the odd character returns, because that is quite realistic to see a family member coming home after being away, but to raise the dead was a pathetic clutching at straws.

I don't know what I want from EE anymore. I'm not sure if there was another Steve Owen that they could write for him in the way they would need to. I know thinking about past characters, with nostalgia, they seem to be much better than the ones now but maybe it was simply because the writers could actually write then..
    I agree with Richie Lecturer (we do sometimes) EE is very predictable these days with extremely poor writing. You know what is going to happen before it happens. It has such a long way to go. The Martin dropping his towel outside the Branning's front room was a direct copy of Jamie a few years ago. Stupid, brainless, self obsessed Dawn throwing a brick through a car last week was pathetic. Just like self obsessed Zoe, blaming everyone else for her own problems.

Speaking of Dawn. She is such an appalling character, played by a very mediocre actress. Get rid please. Quickly...

There is of course the odd half decent episode among the mediocre ones. There are so many continuity errors and storylines which alter direction. Characters whise personalities change from week to week depending on which writer is flavour of the month. Implausible and idiotic ill researched storylines do not help. Just because the majority of older posters on here have more or less given up on EE of late dosent mean that you are not entitled to have you views. Thats what this board is about but dont criticise me for slagging off what I see as an ailing soap.

I have also criticised other soaps when they are poor too
    Last edited by alan45; 20-12-2006 at 00:33.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Round of applause to Perry and Emma.. that scene last night was so heartbreaking, I sobbed like a baby. It was so moving and my heart went out to Billy. Poor guy loves both his wife and child and has to make this choice. Was happy (maybe wrong choice cause I cried) to see Honey took this bad too. She does love Petal but feels she had to give her up as she can't cope.

I love EE of late, I am enjoying the carols mixed with scene (yolande singing silent night on monday was a genius piece of filming) I am really looking forward to the christmas show. I won't be sheding tears for Pauline but I think EE will do her exit justice. Some very strong characters are taken the storyline this year, Pauline, Ian, Sonia and Martin.. say what you like about these but Nathalie can act and has proven this time and time again
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Baby
    Round of applause to Perry and Emma.. that scene last night was so heartbreaking, I sobbed like a baby. It was so moving and my heart went out to Billy. Poor guy loves both his wife and child and has to make this choice. Was happy (maybe wrong choice cause I cried) to see Honey took this bad too. She does love Petal but feels she had to give her up as she can't cope.

I love EE of late, I am enjoying the carols mixed with scene (yolande singing silent night on monday was a genius piece of filming) I am really looking forward to the christmas show. I won't be sheding tears for Pauline but I think EE will do her exit justice. Some very strong characters are taken the storyline this year, Pauline, Ian, Sonia and Martin.. say what you like about these but Nathalie can act and has proven this time and time again
    I completly agree, it was really well done at the end. When you had the carols by the children in the background then Billy and Honey saying goodbye. It was really sad and really well acted. I have even started to quite like the dawn story even though she is doing my head in a bit at the minute, even though they are new characters you really feel for May.

Poor Billy great acting from Perry and Emma. The rest of Eastenders is boring with Dawn and the Fowler storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j
    Poor Billy great acting from Perry and Emma. The rest of Eastenders is boring with Dawn and the Fowler storyline.
    I quiet liked Fowler storyline.. I love when pauline got all high and mighty about the bench and Yolande said it was for her when they thought she had a brain tumour and she was like "whatever"... she really didn't know what to say!!!!
    Super Mod

Last night we got a clear view of the entire downstairs of the Fowler house, for the first time since the fire. It brutally exposed EE's poor researching of fires.

The damage looked minimal for what was supposed to have been a huge house fire. Instead it looked like the fire was about the size of a cereal packet, and could have been put out by breathing on it. I mean apart from the blackened walls, the curtains are in perfectly good order, as was her sofa (despite having a cover over it), and pictures dotted around the house aren't smoke damaged. Why is nothing damaged by all the water the firefighters used to put it out? You would expect the wallpaper to be peeling off because of damp plaster. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. The house would be uninhabitable until well after Christmas while it is dried out using industrial heaters, and electrics and gas are sorted out (they shouldn't be on at all as the fire brigade would disconnect them until further notice). Stuff like armchairs, carpets and sofas would be thrown out, as would other material possessions which are not damp-proof.

That's not slagging EE off for the sake of it, it is highlighting bad, bad continuity.

Thread Information