Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Order of the Phoenix Picture and News Thread

'This is North Scotland' has published an Order of the Phoenix filming update this morning. According to the article, film crews have arrived in the West Highlands, Glenfinnan, Glencoe and Glen Etive:

And the first of the action saw a Harry Potter double on location at Glenfinnan, in front of Bonnie Prince Charlie's Monument, skimming flat stones across Loch Shiel. Film crews in boats recorded the action, as excited tourists visiting the monument looked on eagerly.

Local man Donald MacLean who was watching from the loch shore, said: "Once Harry's double got the hang of it he was able to send the stones quite a long way." Glenfinnan will figure prominently in Phoenix, with the famous train the Hogwart's Express crossing its famous railway viaduct.

The article goes on to say that filming for Hagrid's Hut has been done by filming with a computer-equipped helicopter to bring new light to the Hut.

Is filming on a break at the moment then, While some of the cast like Emma Watson take exams?
    L*U*N*A

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lovegood
    Is filming on a break at the moment then, While some of the cast like Emma Watson take exams?
    Well, Louisa Lytton once starred as Hermione's double so unless she is playing Hermione while Emma does her exams I presume so. I don't think Ruby (Louisa Lytton) has been seen in EastEnders for a while now.

Robbie Coltrane finished with OOTP filming

An article published today in JAM! Television has announced Robbie Coltrane's involvement with a new BBC America film titled Cracker: A New Terror. He says it took "10 seconds" to get back into the role as "Fitz," who he played in the last Cracker film ten years ago.

Of more interest to Potter fans, the article also reports that Robbie has "just wrapped his scenes on the fifth Harry Potter movie." All filming for Order of the Phoenix is scheduled to be completed by late fall.

Movie 5 could feature 3-D scenes

Cinemark, America's third biggest theater chain, has announced that it plans to use "Real D" technology in 150 theaters by the end of 2007, thus attracting more audiences. Real D enables a single digital projector to beam images that seem to move toward or away from viewers wearing special glasses. While we already know that Order of the Phoenix will be played in IMAX theaters, the company has apparently discussed with OOTP producers the idea of including some 3-D scenes in the movie for some non-IMAX theaters.

Regarding the increased interest in 3-D, Research Associates analyst Marla Backer says: "Nobody has forgotten last year's box office slump." If sales fell because consumers preferred to watch DVDs in their living rooms, then "theaters need a more compelling reason for people to get out of their homes."

Young Sirius Black actor speaks out

James Walters, young Sirius Black, recently did an interview with HPFZ in which he discussed the OOTP set, how he landed the role, other cast members, filming, and director David Yates. Here's an excerpt:

HPFZ: Can you describe David Yates' filming style? For example, Chris, Alfonso and Mike all applied a unique spin to the films. Does David?

JW: Definitely. I've noticed through certain prefaces I've been allowed to watch that he's a really personal director. He's very calm with the actors, and during the audition process he made us feel really welcomed. He's subtle, easy to approach and still makes sure he fulfills his vision. Mike has a distinct style, which worked extremely well for the Goblet of Fire, which dealt with fantastic action scenes during the Triwizard Tournament. But David is the perfect choice for this film in particular, which is a lot more about emotion and for the first time, the real frustration we begin to see in Harry. He's the perfect choice, and I can't wait to begin the adventure.

Isaacs to begin OOTP filming in September

Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) recently did an interview with the LA Daily News, noting that he will be filming for Movie 5 in September and October. He also discussed why he enjoys portraying the nasty character:

"I torture myself by always trying to be interesting and human on screen, but every now and again it's great to be in 'Harry Potter' and just rip it up and be as singularly evil and unpleasant as possible."
    Filming for Order of the Phoenix is expected to recommence next month.

First Promo Pic

ooo picture!

Finally!........I cant wait for some more promotional ones to come out. I want to see what Emma's hairs gonna be like in this film.

I do hope they dont cut to much, the fifth book is my favourite! I heard that quidditch was going to be talked about but not seen, I remember reading that somewhere but it might have not been a true source. I sure hope not because I want to see Ron and Ginny playing, and the scence where george and Harry attack Malfoy, and Lunas lion roaring hat haha!
    L*U*N*A

First picture of Tonks on OOTP set

Thread Information