Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Yep, that is a real dialema. Especially whe you have to wait until you are 20 weeks gone to get the results of amniocentisis tests. I don't know what I would do either.

if i was raped then i think that id prob have an abortion and if i had got pregnant when i was younger then i would have wanted to have one, but if i got pregnant now i dont know, i might keep it as im a bit older. and i dont really know what id do if my baby was disabled either, i dont think you know til youre in that position
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

I think abortion has it place,but only for certain reasons such as rape,disabled or medical.Not because you do feel like having a baby yet,or because you are to young.If you are young you should be playing adult games.we dont live in the dark ages anymore and there is such a thing as prevention. I think the time limit should be reduced to max 15 weeks.
    Last edited by hazey; 05-05-2005 at 21:36.

Don't forget that a fetus isn't actually living on it's own untill it's born. The fetus isn't breathing in the womb, it is solely reliant on the mother to stay alive.

If I was "with child" now I do not think I could justify it to myself to have an abortion because I have a patrner who I love and enough money to provide. I think the most important thing is to be able to stand by your own decision and have no regrets about it.

If I was raped I think that would be a completely diffirent story, although I could not say what I would do until it happened (thank goodness it hasn't).

I would not judge anyone who has had an abortion, for whatever reason.

My mum was adopted, and her natural mother is a Irish women who came to England to have an abortion but couldn't go through with it....
    Last edited by judejude; 05-05-2005 at 22:29.

Some people dont realise their "accident", i mean the pill isnt 100%. Theres no way of telling until you find out youre pregnant Happens to a lot of people.

I agree though, the abortion limit should be brought down. But i dont think you should get rid of a child just because its disabled in some way. There are lots of disabled people out there, leading happy lives.
    The old crow *pecks*

The abortion limit, as far as I was aware was 16 weeks... I think after that there is a chance the baby can survive.. I know after 24 weeks of pregnancy a child can survive

I would never have an abortion for rape. I know to many childless couple who would love a child and I would gladly go through labour to see their happiness at me giving them a child

I thought the limit was 25 weeks? But only if there is something medically wrong with the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by lunalee
    I thought the limit was 25 weeks? But only if there is something medically wrong with the baby?
    I really have no idea.. there is not much information about it in Ireland to comment.. I just assumed that they would not let you have one after 16 weeks

Its 24 weeks, some babies have been viable at 21-22 weeks so they are thinking about lowering it to 20.

Thread Information