Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acting in soap

Acting in soap

Say you aren't in a acting school or don't have an agent? Can you still try out for a part in a soap e.g Corrie , eastenders? Because in the paper it said come and try out to be stacys brother in eastenders at blah blah blah! In london, so does that mean you don't have to have an agent or go acting school? Say you just had acting talent.

A large soap like Eastenders would probably want you to have an agent and experience of acting school but it's definatly worth a try. Good luck!

normally you need an agent cos the soap contacts a few people they would like to audition for the part rather than letting just anyone go along
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Also, regardless of acting school and agents, most of the time when casting, producers have a certain image in their mind of the person they want to play that character. Therefore, if you don't look anything like the person they want then no matter good an actor you are you wont get it.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

i think you need an agent more than going to acting school, Eastenders and soaps contact the agent who then asks you to go to an audition.

You probably do need a agent mind you i once auditioned for Byker Grove and didnt need a agent but Byker Grove is no Eastenders so you probably need agent

Some casting agents do like a star search and ask for people that look a certain way and of a certain age
    Super Mod

for all things you dont need an actor like extra and stuff, but for major parts it would help to get and agent but some people manage without

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

I think it is only if they are running a workshop to cast a part that an agent is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    I think it is only if they are running a workshop to cast a part that an agent is not required.
    agents are normally required for those parts too, agents are only not normally required if its an open audition, then anyone can go along
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information