Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Driving!

Quote Originally Posted by annaz
    I can imagine myself getting stuck in a roundabout for at least half an hour. It looks so difficult. Driving along on a motorway seems quite safe though, no traffic lights or car parking, seems quite easy
    Round abouts are easy, as long as you give way and don't just pull out,like some drivers. Motorways are not easy or as safe as you might think, true they have no traffic lights,but cars are moving and over taking at 70mph,plus that fact that many large lorries use the motorway,you have to have your wits about you all the times.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by hazey
    Round abouts are easy, as long as you give way and don't just pull out,like some drivers. Motorways are not easy or as safe as you might think, true they have no traffic lights,but cars are moving and over taking at 70mph,plus that fact that many large lorries use the motorway,you have to have your wits about you all the times.
    I was just going to say the same thing Hazey - Motorways may seem easier, but because everything is moving much faster, you have to be very quick thinking and ALWAYS be looking in your mirrors and around you to be sure of what is going on. Very often, someone will put out to overtake not realising you are there so, you have to change lanes quickly, but need to be able to know whether or not it is safe to. Roundabouts are actually a lot easier than you think and when you start to learn to drive, you always think you won't be able to do it, but as soon as you pass your test, within 6 months, you'll wonder what you were worried about.

And no, America doesn't have any roundabouts...

Thanks a lot both of you I'll try and be more weary now

Thread Information