Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody else have a rubbish Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by feelingyellow
    aww, yeah i suppose there is a bad thing about ice-cream and chocolate. keeping busy will work though - maybe you should do some things you've never done before - live a bit on the wild side so you can forget your sadness.
    Got any idea's I am a very young 52 in 8 weeks so what do you think, would be wild. I am already a female night club bouncer.which is a bit off the wall for someone my age really. The only thing I don't like is heights. so any suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hazey
    Got any idea's I am a very young 52 in 8 weeks so what do you think, would be wild. I am already a female night club bouncer.which is a bit off the wall for someone my age really. The only thing I don't like is heights. so any suggestions welcome.
    face your worst fears hunni, you'll be so concentrated on them your sadness will go away - i'm afraid of rollercoasters see, but if i went on one i'd be terrified but all my worries would go away
    heights - do it, not anything life-threatening of course but just try a little height and see what happens
    and 52 and a nightclubber - go you!

Quote Originally Posted by feelingyellow
    Where? I'm prepared to go anywhere for a B & J shop!!
    sorry gonna go off topic for a moment-
    theres one in chester and theres one in birmingham- it's only a stall though. it's in the bullring link from the railway station

hazey, why not try watersports? eg windsurfing and kayaking etc??

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamaxwellfan
    sorry gonna go off topic for a moment-
    theres one in chester and theres one in birmingham- it's only a stall though. it's in the bullring link from the railway station
    thanks viks, might go there one day
    Last edited by feelingyellow; 27-12-2005 at 16:02.

i had a good christmas

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

i had a great christmas because i didnt have 2 cook because i went to my mum n dads

my christmas was weird cos it was the first year without my dad their and i managed to fall out with one of my aunties cos i caught her talking about my dad and had a go at her for it
    im back everyone!!!!!!

i help my mum and dad cook and have done for 3 days in a row

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Quote Originally Posted by hazey
    Not the best Xmas I have had,My son and sister spoilt me rotten with presents (as I am sure you have seen in the thread about xmas presents) to make me feel good, and I was well pleased with all I got.I didn't won't to show my true feelings,I didn't want to spoil thing for them, but deep down I was feeling so sad,It was only a month to the date, that my hubby died and it was so strange without him,even today I would have normally cooked a roast beef dinner,but my son said he didn't fancy it, so even today was differant. I have until the 3rd of January before I go back to work in the day.The evenings are not to bad,It is the days I am finding hard to cope with.I know with time it will get better. But its now that hurts !
    I know what you mean. Even though Dad never came to Bev's, it did feel a bit weird without him there. Christmas is a bit crap now anyway. Just the 3 of us. The presents were cool, surprised Bev actually got a decent camera for me. I guess it's coz I have a job and can buy what I want that makes me feel less excited over Xmas.

It's weird with him not here. Like I'll think of something and like go to myself "I'll show Dad.... oh crap, I can't". I did that when I got the new trainers. Just for a moment I forgot he was gone. I'm just trying to focus on losing weight and being the best I can be in life. That helps to ease the pain. Just knowing I'm making Dad, Sue, Nan, Granddad, etc proud of my accomplishments and who I've become.

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon
    i help my mum and dad cook and have done for 3 days in a row
    Wow, you're a nice daughter! I'm evil, I never help round the house, I just slouch around being moody, stroppy and snide all day!

Thread Information