Jessica Simpson has confessed rumours about her marriage problems drove her to therapy.

The stunning star, who is married to Nick Lachey, was so devastated at constant gossip claiming she was heading for divorce that she sought psychological help. .

When asked if she had seen a therapist, Jessica admitted: "Yes, I have/ I respect knowledge of the psyche. I would be a therapist if I weren't an entertainer".

The 'Dukes of Hazzard' beauty also insisted her marriage to Nick - with whom she starred in the reality TV show 'Newlyweds' - is still going strong, despite rumours to the contrary.

She told America's Teen People magazine: "Hopefully mine and Nick's story will continue for the rest of our lives, like what we vowed, through sickness and in health".

Last month, Jessica's father slammed rumours his daughter's marriage is on the rocks. Joe Simpson, also the blonde babe's manager, claimed speculation the pair are on the verge of splitting is nonsense.

Speaking of Nick and Jessica's recent trip to Italy ahead of their third wedding anniversary last month, he said: "They're still together. They just got back from Italy, where they were taking their anniversary vacation, they spent time together and they had a romantic dinner. "Nick rented a museum and had an orchestra, an opera singer and a candlelight dinner It doesn't sound like a divorce to me"