Page 1138 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 13863810381088112811361137113811391140 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,380 of 11420

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Pretty sure the DVLA would send a reminder before taking any action. You used to be allowed 2 weeks grace, although I think it was unofficial, before any further action.
    It is an urban myth that you have two weeks grace. You must not drive or leave your car parked on the road without a valid MOT. As soon as it runs out it is illegal to drive or leave it parked. If the police discover you have no MOT, they can hand out a ?1000 fine. They can also impound the car. Driving without a valid MOT also means you have no insurance, for which you could get an additional fine. The only exception is if you can show the police that you are on the way to an MOT centre with a booking form, in which case, they will probably take no action.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (22-05-2024), Perdita (22-05-2024), Son of Cain (22-05-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    It is an urban myth that you have two weeks grace. You must not drive or leave your car parked on the road without a valid MOT. As soon as it runs out it is illegal to drive or leave it parked. If the police discover you have no MOT, they can hand out a ?1000 fine. They can also impound the car. Driving without a valid MOT also means you have no insurance, for which you could get an additional fine. The only exception is if you can show the police that you are on the way to an MOT centre with a booking form, in which case, they will probably take no action.
    That is why I said it was unofficial, I was told by a policeman years ago that as long as the car was parked in a quiet suburban street, and not being driven, they would probably not take any action unless someone had reported you. Bernie's Vehicle Tax must have ran out at midnight, judging by how long it takes to renew a driving licence, I find it impossible to believe that the DVLA could organize taking her car that fast, she also said the car was booked in for an MOT. Why would Kit know when it ran out, if he used a police computer to check her details, I would think that might be an improper use of a police computer.

That is why I said it was unofficial, I was told by a policeman years ago that as long as the car was parked in a quiet suburban street, and not being driven, they would probably not take any action unless someone had reported you. Bernie's Vehicle Tax must have ran out at midnight, judging by how long it takes to renew a driving licence, I find it impossible to believe that the DVLA could organize taking her car that fast, she also said the car was booked in for an MOT. Why would Kit know when it ran out, if he used a police computer to check her details, I would think that might be an improper use of a police computer.
    It doesn't need the DVLA to take action. The police can check any car on their database. It is not improper for the police to check on any car.

It doesn't need the DVLA to take action. The police can check any car on their database. It is not improper for the police to check on any car.
    With the police being under staffed and over worked, I wonder if Kits superiors would approve of him singly out some woman for being annoying.

With the police being under staffed and over worked, I wonder if Kits superiors would approve of him singly out some woman for being annoying.
    In fact, as I understand it, police cars have Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras on board which can flag up cars without a valid certificate. So any police car could have spotted it.

In fact, as I understand it, police cars have Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras on board which can flag up cars without a valid certificate. So any police car could have spotted it.
    I have rewatched and Kit said it was not him who had her car removed. So altho' I do not think all police cars have ANPR fitted, I presume we are meant to believe this is what happened. This has been a rubbish story line which I do not believe would ever happen in the real world, organizing a car transporter in a matter of hours, no, just no. This was simply a convoluted way of getting Bernie to the police station just in time for her to see Kit being presented with a bithday cake, from collegues who barely know him, and for the penny to finally drop for Bernie when she realized that this was her long lost son. If your coincidence meter had not already exploded Parkerman, this would have blown it's fuses.

Afterthought - Bernie's car was released and if her MOT was not booked for that day, were the police quite happy for her to drive it home. Assuming she got a fine and would have to pay the towing fee and maybe a release fee as well, and yet no mention of this when she saw Dev later. Does not sound like the Bernie I know. Cannot make up my mind if this was the result of too little or too much imaginatipn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-05-2024)

Bit of a surprise tonight, 'Roscoe' is a mates brother. He didn't tell me he was appearing in Corrie.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-05-2024)

Roy has a telephone in his cell? Really!?

I have rewatched and Kit said it was not him who had her car removed. So altho' I do not think all police cars have ANPR fitted, I presume we are meant to believe this is what happened. This has been a rubbish story line which I do not believe would ever happen in the real world, organizing a car transporter in a matter of hours, no, just no. This was simply a convoluted way of getting Bernie to the police station just in time for her to see Kit being presented with a bithday cake, from collegues who barely know him, and for the penny to finally drop for Bernie when she realized that this was her long lost son. If your coincidence meter had not already exploded Parkerman, this would have blown it's fuses.

Afterthought - Bernie's car was released and if her MOT was not booked for that day, were the police quite happy for her to drive it home. Assuming she got a fine and would have to pay the towing fee and maybe a release fee as well, and yet no mention of this when she saw Dev later. Does not sound like the Bernie I know. Cannot make up my mind if this was the result of too little or too much imaginatipn.
    Anyone can check if a car has a current MOT. You just enter the registered number in google and it will take you there

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Bit of a surprise tonight, 'Roscoe' is a mates brother. He didn't tell me he was appearing in Corrie.
    i remember him from shameless as copper stan

stu getting roy a friend in jail in roscoe has been the best part of this whole ridiculous storyline

how did cassie know of the video to tell kevin who she clearly still wants for herself

could dean have done it, im thinking more max or corey

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mysangry (23-05-2024)

Thread Information