Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samson Dingle

Samson Dingle

Sam Hall has been axed from the ITV soap after 15 years.

The actor, 20, has played Samson Dingle since he was five but has been told by producers that his character was being killed off.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...samson-dingle/

Emmerdale star Sam Hall has been tipped to exit the soap after nearly 15 years in the role of Samson Dingle.

The star debuted as the character at the age of five after he took over from Charlie Pell, but The Sun has now reported that his long stint on the ITV soap will come to an end.

The article reports that there will be no way back for Hall as the character will apparently be killed off, though an Emmerdale spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation when contacted by Digital Spy.

Hall?s storylines on the soap included a dramatic arc which saw Samson struggle with his responsibilities as a young father, eventually shunning Amelia Spencer and baby Esther.

Whilst Hall could be leaving the soap, former star Alexander Lincoln recently spoke exclusively with Digital Spy about the prospect of reprising his role as Jamie Tate, revealing that it could happen in the future.

?Honestly, I loved it there [on Emmerdale] and I love everyone there,? he began. ?There's always the possibility ? if they'll have me ? of going back. But right now, I've got quite a lot of stuff on and I really want to explore lots of different avenues of work.

?There's a few other projects coming up over the next couple of years which I'm quite excited about, but we'll see. I do miss the farm, for sure! I miss my on-screen mum [Claire King, who plays Kim Tate] and everyone else!

?Coming back would mean going back with a bang for sure, if they would have me. I'm always very excited about the possibility of going back at some point.?

Since he became a reluctant father he has not had any storylines so will not be missed however I wish they would not kill off another young character so soon after Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...samson-dingle/

Emmerdale star Sam Hall has been tipped to exit the soap after nearly 15 years in the role of Samson Dingle.

The star debuted as the character at the age of five after he took over from Charlie Pell, but The Sun has now reported that his long stint on the ITV soap will come to an end.

The article reports that there will be no way back for Hall as the character will apparently be killed off, though an Emmerdale spokesperson declined to comment on the speculation when contacted by Digital Spy.

Hall?s storylines on the soap included a dramatic arc which saw Samson struggle with his responsibilities as a young father, eventually shunning Amelia Spencer and baby Esther.

Whilst Hall could be leaving the soap, former star Alexander Lincoln recently spoke exclusively with Digital Spy about the prospect of reprising his role as Jamie Tate, revealing that it could happen in the future.

?Honestly, I loved it there [on Emmerdale] and I love everyone there,? he began. ?There's always the possibility ? if they'll have me ? of going back. But right now, I've got quite a lot of stuff on and I really want to explore lots of different avenues of work.

?There's a few other projects coming up over the next couple of years which I'm quite excited about, but we'll see. I do miss the farm, for sure! I miss my on-screen mum [Claire King, who plays Kim Tate] and everyone else!

?Coming back would mean going back with a bang for sure, if they would have me. I'm always very excited about the possibility of going back at some point.?

Since he became a reluctant father he has not had any storylines so will not be missed however I wish they would not kill off another young character so soon after Heath
    I read this in The Sun, but the picture they showed was a picture of Noah, Charity's son, NOT Samson, so which one is it?
    Last edited by johntrevor; 21-04-2024 at 10:56.

I hate killing children. I wish this wasn?t the plan. We just lost Heath.
    Last edited by ccahill2; 21-04-2024 at 12:57.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ccahill2 For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by ccahill2 View Post
    I hate killing children. I wish this wasn?t the plan. We just lost Heath.
    there is plenty dead wood characters that could go over samson

no need for vanessa and kerry's returns

it is too soon to kill another youngsters after heath

he could go to college, be a successful dingle, zaks death is also to come

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

ccahill2 (21-04-2024), Perdita (21-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    I read this in The Sun, but the picture they showed was a picture of Noah, Charity's son, NOT Samson, so which one is it?
    Samson

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Samson
    OK! Magazine
    Emmerdale's Samson Dingle admits his strong feelings to Amelia Spencer and asks her on a date.
    Last edited by johntrevor; 23-04-2024 at 12:06.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...lot-aftermath/

Emmerdale star Ash Palmisciano has opened up about the aftermath of the upcoming stabbing plot.

Shocking scenes next week will see Samson Dingle accidentally stabbed at The Hide after village newcomer Josh pushes him into Matty, who happens to be holding a knife in that moment.

The scenes come as Josh cruelly threatens Matty and orders him to give over money from The Hide's till, and it seems Josh will manipulate the situation to make Matty look like the aggressor.

Speaking about the build-up to the twist, Ash ? who plays Matty ? explained of Josh and Samson's threats, including glass bottles: "It is very much a fight or flight situation, and Matty is not sure how to handle it.

"He tries to appeal to Samson?s good nature, explaining how look, we are family ? what are you doing? You don?t need to be doing this. He actually goes to send them away again. Then there?s a bit of a tussle, an altercation."

After telling Samson to leave, "Matty carries on with his business, picks up his knife and fork from the plate he?s been clearing up before they entered, he turns to them and just as he turns to them, Josh pushes Samson directly into Matty".

"At first you are not really sure what?s happened, they?re sort of embracing, and as Samson pulls away they realise Samson has actually been stabbed by the knife Matty was holding."

He further revealed that Jai then walks in, adding: "All he can see is Samson bleeding, Matty?s in complete shock it happened so fast and was a complete accident, he doesn?t actually know what happened he?s processing how this could have happened.

"And Jai assumes Matty has stabbed him because nasty Josh decides to tell him that Matty has just come at Samson for no reason.

"Josh is acting panicked, all of a sudden he flips from being this nasty, horrible guy to this innocent, panicky friend acting all concerned and telling Jai to keep Matty away from them, he is lying basically and making the situation look far worse than it was."

Ash admitted that Matty "absolutely" doesn?t see the ramifications at this point given he is "completely bewildered" by what has happened.

"It is one of those situations that?s got so out of hand, he?s processing how it could have got to this point. It?s so out of character for Matty, he?s not one for confrontation, his day started off so joyful so happy he couldn?t believe what has now happened.

"I think what makes it real is that when the police show up, he starts thinking how this might look and what that might mean for a character like Matty."

He went on to reveal that Amy may "feel a mixture of guilt over the fact she left, and real concern how it got to this point".

"Hopefully I think she will doubt that Matty is even capable of stabbing someone," he added. "Samson and Josh are lying to everybody that Matty came out of nowhere, but I think she will know that this can?t be true.

"There must be more to this story than meets the eye. But she will be absolutely distraught, they?d just got married, were hoping to move in together and now the worst possible thing has happened?"

would there be security cctv

Thread Information