Thread: DS Swain's daughter

Exclamation DS Swain's daughter

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

Coronation Street star Vicky Myers has confirmed that DS Swain's daughter will be introduced to the soap later this year.

Show bosses are planning to reveal more about Swain, who's currently taking centre stage in the Lauren Bolton disappearance storyline.

Last month, it was confirmed that the Weatherfield detective had been promoted to a regular character after nearly three years of guest stints.

In a new interview with TV Times, Vicky revealed: "[Swain is] a single mum and a lot of people can relate to that.

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ? she's feisty, opinionated and educated. It's going to be interesting watching Swain juggling her professional and personal lives. Also, we know she's gay, so is there another mother and, if so, is she involved?"

On the decision to agree to a permanent role on Corrie, Vicky also shared: "I was coming to the end of my contract last October after being involved in the Stephen Reid storyline. There were questions about what we were going to do with Swain, and [then-producer] Iain MacLeod said, 'We need a chat'.

"There were different pitches, a couple I thought would be creatively challenging and make interesting stories, so it was a no-brainer."

Swain has recently been investigating the mystery of Lauren's disappearance and has publicly shared her theory that the teenager was murdered.

Lauren's former boss Roy Cropper is currently the top suspect in the case. Despite protests from friends and neighbours that Roy is harmless, upcoming episodes will see him charged and sent to prison on remand ahead of a planned trial.

Daniel Osbourne has also been pinpointed by Swain as a possible suspect ? another storyline strand that will be revisited in the coming weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ?
    So, pretty stupid, jumps to conclusions with absolutely no evidence and won't listen to sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-04-2024)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ryline-begins/

Coronation Street has confirmed that the DS Swain daughter storyline will begin next week.

Last month, it was revealed that the detective's child will be introduced on the soap, with star Vicky Myers teasing that the teenager will be "feisty, opinionated and educated".

Details about scenes airing next week have now been unveiled, with the storyline beginning as Carla continues to have dealings with Swain as part of the ongoing Lauren Bolton investigation.

Carla offers support to Swain when she overhears the detective rowing with her daughter on the phone. Swain then reveals that her partner passed away and her daughter has been struggling with her grief.

Later on in the week, Swain's daughter is offered work experience at the factory by Carla ? but will she accept?

Speaking previously about the storyline, Vicky told TV Times: "[Swain is] a single mum and a lot of people can relate to that.

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ? she's feisty, opinionated and educated.

"It's going to be interesting watching Swain juggling her professional and personal lives. Also, we know she's gay, so is there another mother and, if so, is she involved?" she added.

Vicky also spoke about taking on a permanent role on the soap, explaining: "I was coming to the end of my contract last October after being involved in the Stephen Reid storyline.

"There were questions about what we were going to do with Swain, and [then-producer] Iain MacLeod said, 'We need a chat'.

"There were different pitches, a couple I thought would be creatively challenging and make interesting stories, so it was a no-brainer."

swain has been horrible with roy, carla isn't maternal so should really not be having anything to do with her or her daughter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (23-05-2024)

Thread Information