Thread: Rose (Kirsty Marillier)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rose (Kirsty Marillier)

Kirsty Marillier has joined H&A & started filming as new character, Rose. She will be seen onscreen early in the new year (Aust pace).

Daily Telegraph article (subscriber only):

Home and Away: new cast member Kirsty Marillier
    New Home and Away cast member Kirsty Marillier already has big plans after just five weeks of filming.

More than three decades in and Home and Away is still delivering new talent to the world stage.

The popular Aussie TV soap has become known for nurturing unknown actors and training them up before they head to Hollywood.

In the case of new cast member Kirsty Marillier, the 31-year-old already has big plans after just five weeks of filming.

?It is pretty life changing, I am not going to lie,? Marillier said of landing the acting job.

?It is really like that big break you crave and wish for as a student and young actor.

?It really is the break that I always wanted to be a series regular on a show like this, which is so iconic as a part of the Australian cannon, and to be acting every day, exercising that muscle, learning on set from everyone around me, it truly is like something I feel so humbled to have been offered.?

Marillier was previously known for her work in the theatre sector, most notably in the stage production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in Melbourne.

She studied acting at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) and will make her on-screen debut as the character of Rose early next year.

?I feel like I will grow so much being in Summer Bay,? she said.

?And getting to shoot this amount of content, the amount I?ve already done already, is an experience that will make me prepared for Hollywood, prepared for America, and just a really strong working actor, which is what I?ve always wanted to be. And to have a full-time job during a global pandemic as an actor is something to be cherished.?

Born in South Africa near Durban, Marillier?s parents moved to Australian when she was just 10 seeking a better life for the family.

Some of Marillier?s early memories in Australia were of watching the soap that has been on air since 1988 and provided a start for the likes of Isla Fisher, Chris Hemsworth and the late Heath Ledger.

?I have really distinct memories of watching Home and Away when I was about 11,? she recalled. ?It was like seeing a utopia on screen with the beach culture. I was like, ?who are these beautiful people in this beautiful place called Summer Bay.?

And the Daily Mail article with some photos:

Meet Summer Bay's newest resident! Stunning actress Kirsty Marillier is the latest to join the cast of Home and Away and hopes the long-running soap is her ticket to Hollywood stardom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...oins-show.html

Home and Away has been the training ground for countless Aussie actors who have gone on to make it big in Hollywood.

And actress Kirsty Marillier is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Chris Hemsworth, Isla Fisher and Melissa George, as she makes her big debut as the soap's new character Rose................

And the DS article:

Home and Away casts Kirsty Marillier as new character Rose
    Summer Bay is welcoming a new face in 2022.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...haracter-rose/

The nowtolove.com.au article:

From Harry Potter to Home and Away: Who is Summer Bay's newest star Kirsty Marillier?
    We can't wait to see what drama Kirsty's character will bring!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...newcomer-70178
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-12-2021 at 06:20.

Thread Information