Thread: Sophie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sophie

Steve Peacocke's long-term girlfriend Bridgette Sneddon is to join him on Home and Away.

Sneddon - who has dated the soap actor since they met at drama school eight years ago - has been cast as Summer Bay newcomer Sophie.

Logies 2013: Stephen Peacocke from Home and Away and girlfriend Bridgette Sneddon
    © PA Images / Paul Jeffers/AP
    Steve Peacocke and Bridgette Sneddon

Her character "does have a connection to the Bay which brings her back", reports the Herald Sun.

It is still unknown how much airtime Sneddon will share with her boyfriend - who has played Darryl 'Brax' Braxton since 2011.

The 28-year-old said that she is "thrilled" to be joining Peacocke on the soap.

She said: "It's been odd not seeing each other in the last three years after working together so much (during drama school). I've just seen how much he loves his job and loves going up to Palm Beach.

"If he could do this job for the rest of his life, he'd be a happy man. He's just excited I get to experience that and likewise, I'm thrilled to be doing it."

Sneddon admitted that she is keen to be known for more than just being the girlfriend of her famous partner, and added that the couple enjoy their privacy.

She continued: "I never wanted to just be known as someone's girlfriend. I wanted to make my own mark, and he's respected that.

"We're very private people and most people respect that. At the end of the day we are in this to be actors. It's where our love came from, it's not about being celebrities."

Peacocke recently insisted that he was happy to stay on Home and Away for the foreseeable future, despite landing a supporting role in Hollywood movie Herecules.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2msv2wyBS

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-12-2013), deadlydave2 (08-12-2013), lyndapym (19-07-2014), TaintedLove (08-12-2013)

Thread Information