Holby City star Tina Hobley has praised her upcoming exit storyline, promising that her character Chrissie Williams will leave on a positive note.

The actress recently announced her decision to bow out from the BBC One medical drama after 12 years playing Chrissie.

Speaking to Digital Spy about Chrissie's upcoming departure story, Hobley explained: "I'm happy with what they've come up with. They've been amazing and I'm very pleased. It feels like it's coming to a natural end, but a very positive one, which is what I wanted for Chrissie.

"She's loved by lots of people and I wanted her to have a really positive ending, and that's what they've given her. It's been excellent.

"I've got an amazing couple of guest artists who I've been working with on Chrissie's exit story, and I've really enjoyed it. I'll be really sad to go, but equally it feels right and I'm ready to do something else."

Asked whether she wanted the door to be left open, Hobley replied: "Yeah, and it's lovely that they've done that. It's every actor's dream for the producers not to kill off the character they've played for so long! They've kept the door open and also given Chrissie a great, positive exit."

Hobley still hasn't filmed her final scenes, which will air later this year.

She explained: "I've still got a bit more filming to do, but I've been clearing out my dressing room after 12 years, which has been emotional! It's been a huge chunk of my life and I'll miss it dearly. I will take away and keep a lot of my friends who I've made on the show.

"The fans have also been amazing. I've had very positive feedback. Hopefully they'll look forward to what I'm doing next and they'll keep watching."

Hobley was speaking in support of non-alcoholic wine-style drink Sorelle.